Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Flowermouth

What BPAL would this fictional character wear?

As in the musical (the movie too I suppose), of course.

Either for the Phantom or Christine or in general. :P

I personally found Nosferatu very Phantom-ish.. Especially when combined with Zombi (roses). In fact, when I first wore those two together I immediately heard "Down Once More" bellowing inside my head.

So.. Suggestions? :D

Edited by ivyandpeony
title tweak after splitting, merging

As my handle no doubt gives away, I'm a huge PotO fan (though mostly of the book). I seem to recall there being a discussion about this awhile back...

Anyway, my personal pick for Erik (the Phantom) is Thanatos. And I think the closest thing I've found to something that "smells like Christine" to me is Alice.

Have character and scene scents or scents based on the songs themselves.

Just a thought....

Fallen is one of my favourites! I may have to go with that one - thanks for the suggestion!

So, as most of you probably know, the new Indiana Jones flick, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, is being released on May 22. The boything is a huge fan of Harrison and his not-afraid-to-get-dirty character and is going all out on the last day of October to look like Indy himself. A little bit geeky, I know...but hey...

But herein lies my question...are there any scents that might personify this classic fictional hero? Think Bond- cosmopolitan, ladies man, libertine- but scuff it up a bit and show me what you get.

Thank you!

Hm! (thinks, mentally sniffs) The Bond part I'm thinking Casanova, but the scuffed up part, maybe Calico Jack.

I'm not too familiar with the BPAL scents, but when I mentally sniff Mr. Jones I smell dirt/sand, leather!, salt, and a bit of old wet tomb-y muskiness. He smells light brown to me. I have no idea what scent that would be, but if there is something out there that smells like that it would be dead sexy and very Indy.

In my mind, Indiana Jones wears Mechanical Phoenix when he's "teaching" "archaeology", and Western Diamondback (Yes, a snake) when he's "gathering artifacts."

Ooh, this is a great request. (*waves Indy pennant* - so. freaking. excited.)

I agree, I think of dirt, leather, and sweat. But as for what he would wear, I think something kind of traditional and classic, neat but with a bit of musk.

Dee might be a great choice, because it captures the geeky end of Indy but will also have a classic cologne quality -- so it's both something he might wear and something that personifies him. soft English leather, rosewood and tonka with a hint of incense, parchment and soft woods.

Casanova also sounds good. A rakish blend of leather, anise, lavender, bergamot and amber with tonka, lemon peel and lusty patchouli.

You can't buy an imp of it, but Western Diamondback might be PERFECT. Leather and Snake Oil.

If you want a feral, deep, animal musk type scent, maybe Satyr. Fenris Wolf and Loup Garou are also a bit wild and earthy.

Black Opal or Death Cap - both have a crisp, stony earthiness, with a smooth undertone They're unisex, and on a man, they might make a nice cologne.

Calico Jack is aquatic, but a great men's adventurer kind of scent. It's lightly spicy. Mary Read or Anne Bonny might work, too, but I haven't tried either, so I don't know how aquatic Mary is.

Burial and Deep in EArth might be good for earthy scents.

You can't get imps of these, of course, but they sound like good possibilities: The Ifrit (light, spicy sand), Mr. Ibis or Mr. Jacquel, Crowley (another clean but rounded, leathery cologne), Famine (sleek and classic), Tristran (herbal earthy), The Organ Grinder (earthy root beer), Parliament of Monsters (light, dusty tobacco incense).

To me, Indy is all man, a man's man, if you will.

Schwarzer Mond

Yep, that's what I would want to smell on him. Teh sex.

Temple Viper...cuz he hates snakes, lol!

A Bachelor's Dog...just because, yum.

Funny this topic should come up... ever since I read lisawoj's review of Mort de Cesar back in March, I automatically think Indyscent! everytime I grab my bottle. :D

I do love the irony of matching him up with one of the snake scents though. :P

Am SO excited about this. I can hear the music in my brain.

I agree with both Dee and Tombstone wholeheartedly.

I must add that when Indy is running away from things, i.e. giant rolling rocks, but in a manful way, he smells like The Antikythera Mechanism, hardcore.

Edited by jupiternf

Ben Gay? Tiger Balm? Ah, just kidding... Western Diamondback sounds like it to me.

Going with Western Diamondback, Crowley, Dee (for in the classroom), Mechanical Phoenix, and Phoenix Steamworks (for the dusty incensey temple smell)...

Hmmmm....I'm a girl and love all those scents on myself....do I smell like Indiana Jones?

I feel a need to coordinate my BPAL with my day's outfit, plans, mood, etc. Tomorrow I'm dressing up as a superhero with one of my friends to go see The Dark Knight.

So.......... what do you think Batman would smell like/what BPAL would he wear?

Severin! :P

And Antikythera Mechanism if he's being Bruce Wayne, because that blend smells so classy to me--like the warm wood paneling of a library and pipe tobacco.

Pure Darkness: Like aged Black Moon. Only Darker. My next question is what would catwoman or the joker smell like? :D

Severin! :P And Antikythera Mechanism if he's being Bruce Wayne, because that blend smells so classy to me--like the warm wood paneling of a library and pipe tobacco.
I meant to write that I agree completely with this observation. Mechanism is classy and intriguing!