Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Flowermouth

What BPAL would this fictional character wear?

Well, when I think 'creepy clowns' I think things that are syrupy sweet and a bit rotten, maybe boozy? Those kind of notes could be very interesting, especially if there's a dark musk or ozone in it, or metallic things. Very few names are coming to mind though..

Maybe something like Perversion or Grand Guignol? I haven't tried them myself but they jump out at me first.

Well, when I think 'creepy clowns' I think things that are syrupy sweet and a bit rotten, maybe boozy? Those kind of notes could be very interesting, especially if there's a dark musk or ozone in it, or metallic things. Very few names are coming to mind though..

Maybe something like Perversion or Grand Guignol? I haven't tried them myself but they jump out at me first.

Grand Guignol is a good one! It's very syrupy-sweet with an interesting spicy edge, but on my skin it also develops a unsettling plasticky note.

Perhaps Grand Guignol layered over something with prominent rot and/or dirt and/or vetiver notes? Burial actually smelled like rotting plant matter to me, and Death Cap, Orc, and Iago are all very dark and ominous-smelling to me.

Thanks! These are all great recs. I hadn't thought of the Clive Barker scents, but some of those are perfect. And Grand Guignol is one I haven't tested in years. It's time to find an imp and revisit it.

OK, here's another one, for the sci-fi fans:

Let's think up ideas for what characters from 'The Expanse' would wear.

Every time Chrisjen Avasarala comes on screen dressed to the nines with the bearing of a particularly badass goddess I want to swoon with happiness. What perfume would pair well with those awesome power outfits?

For some reason, I associate Naomi with some of the Snake Oil variants. Snake Oil seems like a very grounded scent to me, dark and resinous, but it can have a soft and cuddly side, too. Seems like Naomi - sensible and grounded, feminine, and soft-hearted.

OMG, how I have been binge watching that beauty. :biggrin:

Lemme think....

For Chrisjen, I think I'd have to go with Lady Lucille Sharpe. It's unique, very feminine, but powerful and opulent, with an air of coldness, and I think that fits Chrisjen pretty well. Let's just be glad she's using her powers for good! For Alex, I gotta go with Dwarf. It's just a non fussy man scent, plus it's got the beer. :tongue: Would Watson be too fuddy duddy for Miller? It's got a fuzzy, worn quality to me, from the tweed note, and the gun oil, and I think Miller is fussy enough (with that haircut) that he might wear some lime fougere.

I kind of love Amos - even though he's crazy... and kinda scary. Ok, very scary. I'm thinking something kind of leather/wood/blood? But still somewhat understated. I have no idea what though. I really think Drummer is an interesting character too, though she plays a small role.

Edited by VetchVesper

I love your recommendations! Watson sounds rather perfect for Miller.

Amos is a tough one... I've been racking my brain over that one, as well as over what Bobbie or Drummer would wear.

Bobbie is great! All the strong, female characters in the show make me happy. :smile: As does the diversity of the cast.

Maybe not an obvious choice, but what about Theoi Nomioi? It's not feminine, but it does have enough sweetness that it's not a man scent. I like the idea of her wearing something more natural, skin musky, and I think it's got that. It's also got a stone note, which I think is befitting the "dust in her veins." Also, I love the idea of there being something green and living about her fragrance, b/c of her dreams for Mars, but it shouldn't be toooo green.... cause it's Mars. Paladin also occurred to me, but it's kind of sweet.

The lab might of answered our Amos question. Did you see Mr. Czernobog? That seems fitting. Now maybe I'll have to try it. :tongue:

What about Errinwright? He's such a unctious bastard, he'd have to wear a cologne. And blue Julie might be an interesting scent.

I think Snake Oil's a great choice for Naomi, too.

Edited by VetchVesper

Theoi Nomioi would be a lovely choice for Bobbie. I was thinking very much along the same line that you were - except I was looking for scents that paired both aquatics and clay notes, something for both water and dust. But Theoi really captures the idea of the garden dream paired with her rugged marine persona.

And Mr. Czernobog for Amos...my goodness, it does sound perfect. It has the blood, the leather, the metal...I'm very curious to see how the tobacco and incense plays out in that one.

For Errinwright, definitely The Convocation from The Graveyard Book. Or maybe The Magician from Crimson Peak, or Mr. Qubit. Swanky Cologne, but with a futuristic, metallic edge.

I also noticed that Mr. Wednesday has "sleek cologne, whiskey, gallows wood, and herbs" listed as the notes. It is a long shot, but somewhat fitting in symbolism. He's definitely all about the sleek cologne and whiskey, herbs for the greenery of earth, and his job is definitely headed for the gallows.

For Julie and Blue Julie, I'll have to test some imps and come back to that one.

Ooooo, I haven't smelled the Convocation, but that sounds pretty perfect, especially given the sneaky, shadowy goings on of Mr. Errinwright. Perhaps he'll end up in Ghulheim too. Mwahahaha.

How would the characters from Avatar; the last airbender smell? I am watching the series again!

How would the characters from Avatar; the last airbender smell? I am watching the series again!

There was a discussion about that a few pages back, I think (mostly revolving around how Sokka needs to smell like beef jerky somehow). I think the conclusions reached were (quoting from old posts):

Katara: "one of the lunacies, just for thematic reasons. Preferably one of the ones with ice or snow notes, like one of the Hunger or Wolf moons."

Sokka: "I'm tempted to say that Sokka ought to be Tenochtitlan because it has prickly pear in it and prickly pear is a kind of cactus, but really he should be something a lot less floral and preferably with a leather note." and "Sokka should smell like beef jerky too! So something with fur/leather/beef jerky note?"

Aang: "something along the lines of Tristran I guess, I like the thought of Coraline for him as well but maybe it's a bit too clean"

Appa: My Baby and a Baby Goat

Momo: Tweedledum

Thank you! I totally missed that :D

I like the suggestions for them, especially Momo seems spot on.

Maybe Zuko would be Dragon's Tears? salty aquatic notes and bursting with dragon's blood.

And we also miss General Iroh, who needs a tea scent of course . Maybe pleasures of the imagination IV from the latest lupers?

White tea blossom, jasmine sambac, white musk, and leather. But I'm not sure, he needs a scent with more body probably.

Edited by Lucide

Ahahahah! Dragon Tears. So angsty. That sounds perfect!

I had forgotten about Iroh! He seems like his scent should have a calm, contemplative feel. What about Lovers in the Tea House? It's got a nice sake note too, which seems appropriate.

Thank you! I totally missed that :D

I like the suggestions for them, especially Momo seems spot on.

Maybe Zuko would be Dragon's Tears? salty aquatic notes and bursting with dragon's blood.

And we also miss General Iroh, who needs a tea scent of course . Maybe pleasures of the imagination IV from the latest lupers?

White tea blossom, jasmine sambac, white musk, and leather. But I'm not sure, he needs a scent with more body probably.

Dragon's Tears is perfect for Zuko! It smells like HONORRRRRR.

Iroh is a tricky one! Venus Genetrix (black amber and jasmine tea with 7-year aged bourbon vanilla absolute) might make a good candidate. The notes sound very feminine, but to me, it reads rather unisex - a soft, subtle tea scent with a sort of quiet strength about it, and the bourbon vanilla is almost smoky. My notes have "this scent will offer you a cup of perfectly-made tea and an afternoon of delightful conversation if you're nice and break you over its knee if you're not."

I wish there was a scent that included both tea and dragon's blood! A few other likely-looking ones are:

The Great Sword of War (mandarin, tonka, saffron, black tea, cocoa, tobacco leaf, sanguine red musk and five classical herbs of conflict) - for his Dragon of the West period.

Nostrum Remedium (black tea leaf, invigorating wasabi extract, sweetened by honey) - it does alleviate "much despair and suffering" which Iroh definitely does.

Koito and Sashichi (green tea, tobacco, and agarwood) - IDK, it seems like an uplifting, calming kind of scent, and I can totally see this being the scent of his tea, his pipe, and his pai sho table.

You guys are amazing, this is totally why I love the forum! With who else could I discuss what my favourite characters would smell like? (and get such great suggestions) Other people would look at me like I'm crazy :tongue:

What about characters from Overwatch? I'm thinking Hana would be something exceptionally pink (Cascading Blossoms? Pink Moon? Serving Fish?), while Mercy should be a soft, clean, golden scent. Lucio should be something cheerful and bright/fruity. I have no clue what Soldier76, Hanzo, or Genji would be.

Reaper smells like Grimdark. Or possibly A Grievous Swarm.

Other thoughts:

Tracer: Shroedinger's Cat! Or something else with a sharp/effervescent zingy grapefruit note + mint, like Shattered.

Widowmaker - Her Calm Enchantment Failing (sophisticated and sinister bruised-purple scent), or possibly Morgause

Mei - Cryophobia, The Snow at Noon, Insula Ventorum, basically anything with a eucalyptus/mint or eucalyptus/white tea combo.

Ana - Ginny, the Reaper of Vengeance

Torbjorn - Gnome or Robotic Scarab

Junkrat - Djinn, Agnes Nutter

McCree - Western Diamondback, possibly with a little bit of Bulgarian Tobacco thrown in.

Zenyatta - Embalming Fluid. (Probably just my weird opinion, but it's got such a clean, crisp, fresh, light green smell, not death-like or morbid at all).

Winston - Gingerbread, Vetiver, and Black Clove, because of the way the wet stage smells weirdly like peanutbutter.

You guys are amazing, this is totally why I love the forum! With who else could I discuss what my favourite characters would smell like? (and get such great suggestions) Other people would look at me like I'm crazy :tongue:

to be fair, Beth started it. Sherlock Holmes, Coraline, American Gods — we just took the idea and ran with it. :cool:

Ooo Overwatch! Trying not to repeat suggestions. I'm sick as all get out so this is my project for today.

1. D.Va in the mech- The Blockhead: Rusted metal, leather, and a pop of pink bubblegum.

D.Va out of the mech: Bitches Love Unicorns: A sugared rainbow: strawberry, blood orange, lemon peel, lime, blueberry, raspberry, and blackcurrant.

2. Widowmaker- Scorpio 2016: Black patchouli and blackberry, mandrake root and pomegranate, myrrh and black copal, mugwort and pennyroyal. or The Obsidian Widow: Pinot noir, dark myrrh, red sandalwood, black patchouli, night-blooming jasmine, and attar of rose.

3. Soldier 76- Black Hats: Gunpowder residue, patent leather, pomade, and aftershave.

4. Sombra- Melisande the Puppet Mistress: Jasmine sambac, dark musk, violet water, vanilla bean and mimosa.

5. Roadhog- Orc: Field grey courgette musk, roughly cured leather, and vetiver.

6. Ana- Hunter: Leonine amber, tanned hides, clove, and clary sage. or Only a Sip: Orange peel, rosemary oil, peppermint, and cloves.

7. Symmetra- Wenslydale: An immaculately clean scent: well-scrubbed soapy skin and fresh cotton. or Sam: Nag champa incense, patchouli, and freshly-soaped skin.

8. Bastion- God's Own Country: Circuit boards, cathode rays, and exhaust ramming against frankincense, myrrh, soil, and blood.

9. Junkrat- America's New Gods: Scorched wires, silicone, tar, chlorine, wax, rubber, and exhaust. or Djinn: The scent of black smoke, of crackling flames, and smoldering ashes.

10. Zarya- Kataniya the Clockwork Woman: Gentle flowers over hot metal, shocked to life.

11. Reaper- The Black Rider: Black leather, oppoponax, tobacco, and black amber. or Iago: Malevolent, dark and shadowy: sinuous black musk, wet leather and vetiver.

12. Torbjorn- Smokestack: Creosote, coal, and industrial waste.

13. Zenyatta- El Dorado: Copal resin incense blowing through halls of dazzling gold.

14. McCree- Tombstone: A rugged, warm blend of vanilla, balsam and sassafras layered over Virginia cedar.

15. Winston- 7WS Sloth: 'Can't Commit to Finishing a Whole Banana': banana weighed down by blackened cacao, bourbon vetiver, and tobacco absolute.

16. Mercy- Paladin: Immaculate white musk, sweet frankincense, bourbon vanilla, white leather, and shining armor. and/or Good: Shimmering celestial musk with vanilla, white honey, acacia, and sugar cane.

17. Reinhardt- Phoenix Steamworks: Burnished gold and oiled bronze notes with Abramelin incense and sage.

18. Phara- Becoming Thunder: Skin musk and 20-year aged frankincense, a sprig of asphodel, a splash of soma, a lightning-streak of sharp ozone, and a stream of ambrosia.

19. Orisa- The Intangibles: chaotic synthetic notes, bubbling aldehydes, and the electric green of market euphoria.

20. Lucio- Shango: The Master of Lightning’s ofrenda contains red apples, banana, chili pepper, coconut, pineapple, pomegranate and sugar cane. or 51: green mandarin, neroli, honeydew, white amber, guava, freesia, white and green musks hovering over desert scrub, smashed wood, and the dry, biting scent of night air over the Groom Lake salt flats.

21. Hanzo- Dragon's Heart: A scent pulsing with vitality, warmth and insurmountable strength: dragon’s blood resin, red and black musks, a throb of fig and a sliver of black currant.

22. Gengi- Dragon's Claw: Smooth, polished and lethally sharp: dragon’s blood resin and three sandalwoods.

23. Tracer- Half-Elf: White sandalwood, beeswax, white tea leaf, oud, and a hint of sophisticated urban musk. or Katharina: A strong, willful blend with a soft, utterly lovely soul: white musk with a trickle of bright, sharp apricot and orange blossom.

24. Mei: Snow White of course!

Edited by LadyLuckless

Ooo Overwatch! Trying not to repeat suggestions. I'm sick as all get out so this is my project for today.

1. D.Va in the mech- The Blockhead: Rusted metal, leather, and a pop of pink bubblegum.

D.Va out of the mech: Bitches Love Unicorns: A sugared rainbow: strawberry, blood orange, lemon peel, lime, blueberry, raspberry, and blackcurrant.

2. Widowmaker- Scorpio 2016: Black patchouli and blackberry, mandrake root and pomegranate, myrrh and black copal, mugwort and pennyroyal. or The Obsidian Widow: Pinot noir, dark myrrh, red sandalwood, black patchouli, night-blooming jasmine, and attar of rose.

3. Soldier 76- Black Hats: Gunpowder residue, patent leather, pomade, and aftershave.

4. Sombra- Melisande the Puppet Mistress: Jasmine sambac, dark musk, violet water, vanilla bean and mimosa.

6. Ana- Hunter: Leonine amber, tanned hides, clove, and clary sage. or Only a Sip: Orange peel, rosemary oil, peppermint, and cloves.

7. Symmetra- Wenslydale: An immaculately clean scent: well-scrubbed soapy skin and fresh cotton. or Sam: Nag champa incense, patchouli, and freshly-soaped skin.

8. Bastion- God's Own Country: Circuit boards, cathode rays, and exhaust ramming against frankincense, myrrh, soil, and blood.

9. Junkrat- America's New Gods: Scorched wires, silicone, tar, chlorine, wax, rubber, and exhaust. or Djinn: The scent of black smoke, of crackling flames, and smoldering ashes.

10. Zarya- Kataniya the Clockwork Woman: Gentle flowers over hot metal, shocked to life.

11. Reaper- The Black Rider: Black leather, oppoponax, tobacco, and black amber. or Iago: Malevolent, dark and shadowy: sinuous black musk, wet leather and vetiver.

13. Zenyatta- El Dorado: Copal resin incense blowing through halls of dazzling gold.

14. McCree- Tombstone: A rugged, warm blend of vanilla, balsam and sassafras layered over Virginia cedar.

15. Winston- 7WS Sloth: 'Can't Commit to Finishing a Whole Banana': banana weighed down by blackened cacao, bourbon vetiver, and tobacco absolute.

16. Mercy- Paladin: Immaculate white musk, sweet frankincense, bourbon vanilla, white leather, and shining armor. and/or Good: Shimmering celestial musk with vanilla, white honey, acacia, and sugar cane.

17. Reinhardt- Phoenix Steamworks: Burnished gold and oiled bronze notes with Abramelin incense and sage.

18. Phara- Becoming Thunder: Skin musk and 20-year aged frankincense, a sprig of asphodel, a splash of soma, a lightning-streak of sharp ozone, and a stream of ambrosia.

19. Orisa- The Intangibles: chaotic synthetic notes, bubbling aldehydes, and the electric green of market euphoria.

20. Lucio- Shango: The Master of Lightning’s ofrenda contains red apples, banana, chili pepper, coconut, pineapple, pomegranate and sugar cane. or 51: green mandarin, neroli, honeydew, white amber, guava, freesia, white and green musks hovering over desert scrub, smashed wood, and the dry, biting scent of night air over the Groom Lake salt flats.

21. Hanzo- Dragon's Heart: A scent pulsing with vitality, warmth and insurmountable strength: dragon’s blood resin, red and black musks, a throb of fig and a sliver of black currant.

22. Gengi- Dragon's Claw: Smooth, polished and lethally sharp: dragon’s blood resin and three sandalwoods.

23. Tracer- Half-Elf: White sandalwood, beeswax, white tea leaf, oud, and a hint of sophisticated urban musk. or Katharina: A strong, willful blend with a soft, utterly lovely soul: white musk with a trickle of bright, sharp apricot and orange blossom.

The Intangibles for Orisa is perfect! (and of course Hanzo and Genji are both Ars Draconis scents! I should have thought of that).

The Intangibles for Orisa is perfect! (and of course Hanzo and Genji are both Ars Draconis scents! I should have thought of that).

Thanks! I was stuck for the Shimada Bros, then a light bulb went off lol. I had a hard time trying to come up with something as great for Junkrat as Agnes Nutter, and didn't realize you also put Djinn down for him.

These are all PERFECT, but most particularly Soldier 76. And McCree. And Mercy. And Mei. And... (you get the point.)

Gotham TV show anyone? Fish, Penguin, or the Iceberg Lounge's atmosphere in particular. (I won't complain about more general recs for the main universe Batman rogue gallery either.)

Gotham TV show anyone? Fish, Penguin, or the Iceberg Lounge's atmosphere in particular. (I won't complain about more general recs for the main universe Batman rogue gallery either.)

It's from the Post, not the Lab, but I'm pretty sure Mischief hair gloss from the new CD update smells an awful lot like Harley Quinn. Or at least, that's what I was hoping yesterday when I ordered it :tongue:

Catwoman is either Bast from the American Gods line, or Whip from the GC, for obvious reasons.