Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Flowermouth

What BPAL would this fictional character wear?

Hey guys! I'm having a sort of 1 am obsession about what perfumes the Charmed sisters would wear? By my icon, you can probably tell I'm mildly passionate about the show..

Prue: I would say Prue is definitely the most "sex-oriented" character. She has a dark mysterious vibe surrounding her yet carries herself with sophistication at all times

Piper: a very traditional and relatively modest mother but still is the most badass and bossy of the 4

Phoebe: girlish and flirtatious, outlandish sense of fashion, the youngest of the "original" 3

Paige: retro (40s, 50s), spunky, feminist sass that makes the show A++

All 4: They are all in their 20s (maybe early 30s at the most) during the 8 seasons, so I think more mature scents are out of the question. The show takes place in San Francisco if that helps anything.

I could definitely see all 4 aiming for more traditional types of perfumes, however, if anyone is familiar with the show or even the actresses who play them, I would be forever greatful!! :wub3:

Edited by hroki97

I'm trying to figure out a good scent for Milady de Winter from The Three Musketeers. You'd think it would be easy for such a classic femme fatale, but there's almost too many options. XD Any ideas?

I'm trying to figure out a good scent for Milady de Winter from The Three Musketeers. You'd think it would be easy for such a classic femme fatale, but there's almost too many options. XD Any ideas?

Oleander, iris, bitter almond, tonka, and a bit of smoke.

I'm thinking a dark, slinky floral (jasmine or ylang ylang, for preference, but I could see her going for something fresher and younger, like rose or violet, if she's trying to seduce poor innocent d'Artagnan) with a heavy undercurrent of vetiver. Or maybe patchouli? One of those scents that could go epically wrong, but she makes it sort of darkly seductive instead of skunky. It would be sexy and enticing on top, but once those notes burned off, BAM! Vetiver city.

I did a bit of checking around, and it looks like Marquise de Merteuil, Serpent's Kiss, Tombeur, A Countenance Foreboding Evil, and Highwayman (oddly enough) all fit.

This is actually a question of great interest to me, since my plan to go as Milady for Halloween last year was sadly thwarted by being unable to find a costume that cost less than like $200. But if I find one this year, I'm totally wearing one of these!

Oleander, iris, bitter almond, tonka, and a bit of smoke.

That sounds gorgeously sinister! I wish it were real! :D

I'm thinking a dark, slinky floral (jasmine or ylang ylang, for preference, but I could see her going for something fresher and younger, like rose or violet, if she's trying to seduce poor innocent d'Artagnan) with a heavy undercurrent of vetiver. Or maybe patchouli? One of those scents that could go epically wrong, but she makes it sort of darkly seductive instead of skunky. It would be sexy and enticing on top, but once those notes burned off, BAM! Vetiver city.

I did a bit of checking around, and it looks like Marquise de Merteuil, Serpent's Kiss, Tombeur, A Countenance Foreboding Evil, and Highwayman (oddly enough) all fit.

This is actually a question of great interest to me, since my plan to go as Milady for Halloween last year was sadly thwarted by being unable to find a costume that cost less than like $200. But if I find one this year, I'm totally wearing one of these!

Oooh! I have such mixed success with vetiver. Sometimes it goes really sexy on me, but sometimes it just overwhelms everything else. I'll consider *plots*. Also, I hope you find a great costume for Halloween! Milady is one of my favorite villainesses EVER! She's just as passion-driven and ruthless as the Musketeers, but has no real legal outlet for it as a woman. And she does what she wants anyhow.

Hannibal Part 2

Wendigo

Depraved: A salacious, lecherous, leering scent – dirty and dark, slapped with a wet sweetness. Earthy black patchouli swelling with apricot.
Feathered Stag
Thanatopsis: A deep, solomn earthen scent containing pine, juniper and musk.
Alana Bloom
I honestly have no idea. Help!
Abigail Hobbs
Salome: A scent that is both coquettish and sinister. Exotic and lush, brimming with grace and viciousness: almond with star jasmine, oakmoss, red sandalwood and Egyptian musk.
Freddie Lounds
Saw-scaled Viper: snake Oil with cinnamon, cassia, and red ginger.

I LOVE Hannibal! I actually think Freddie would smell like War (Red ginger, black spices, patchouli, honeysuckle, and three blood-soaked red musks) and Frederick Chilton would smell like Foolish and Vacuous (A scent with no depth: a light, reedy, almost vapid take on a classic men’s fougere.)

I think Alana would wear Veritas (The essence of honesty, integrity, and veracity: frankincense, white carnation, angelica, chamomile, and heliotrope.)

I just finished rewatching Avatar: The Last Airbender and starting on LOK now, and I can't believe I forgot how amazing this show was <3

There are a few recommendations back but they're only about fire nation and earth kingdom characters. So what do you guys think Aang would wear? And Katara/Sokka/Appa? :D any ideas?

I just finished rewatching Avatar: The Last Airbender and starting on LOK now, and I can't believe I forgot how amazing this show was <3

There are a few recommendations back but they're only about fire nation and earth kingdom characters. So what do you guys think Aang would wear? And Katara/Sokka/Appa? :D any ideas?

I feel like Katara needs to be one of the lunacies, just for thematic reasons. Preferably one of the ones with ice or snow notes, like one of the Hunger or Wolf moons. Appa would be My Baby and a Baby Goat. I'm tempted to say that Sokka ought to be Tenochtitlan because it has prickly pear in it and prickly pear is a kind of cactus, but really he should be something a lot less floral and preferably with a leather note. Edited by Elspethdixon

Oooh, I love the suggestion for Katara actually, I think it would fit her really well. And Sokka should smell like beef jerky too! So something with fur/leather/beef jerky note? And Momo totally smells like Tweedledum in my head!

As for Aang, something along the lines of Tristran I guess, I like the thought of Coraline for him as well but maybe it's a bit too "clean"

I'm currently designing the costumes for a production of The Rocky Horror Show, so I began wondering what scents they would wear. Any ideas?

I'm currently designing the costumes for a production of The Rocky Horror Show, so I began wondering what scents they would wear. Any ideas?

Janet would wear something sweet and innocent that would be probably a fruity floral Titania comes to mind.

Dr. F would wear something dark and seductive maybe Morocco or Snake Oil

So I am obsessed with Arrow what perfume do you guys think Felicity and Thea would wear?

So I am obsessed with Arrow what perfume do you guys think Felicity and Thea would wear?

I would be interested to the answer to this if it also include Olly/Dig/Curtis/Lance/everyone ever on the show

On a related note I was wondering about Jessica Jones characters, Jessica, Kilgrave, Luke, Hope, Trish Walker, Wil Simpson?

I would be interested to the answer to this if it also include Olly/Dig/Curtis/Lance/everyone ever on the show

On a related note I was wondering about Jessica Jones characters, Jessica, Kilgrave, Luke, Hope, Trish Walker, Wil Simpson?

Kilgrave would be something debonair/sophisticated and masculinely sexy, in keeping with his outward persona.

Luke Cage smells like Old Spice. (The Old Spice Guy once recorded a video of himself as Luke Cage, "The superhero your superhero could smell like," and had it played at NYCC. Since then I haven't been able to envision Luke as wearing anything else)

Ok, folks... Sorry to not come around much and then have a new question right off the bat, I'll try to do better!

BUT: I'm trying to figure out which scent with LEATHER in it would be the most appropriate to the Pride and Prejudice and Zombies version of Mr. Darcy with his FABULOUS leather coat (that I actually fell in love with before I decided I loved Sam Riley as Mr. Darcy, even if he's not Colin Firth...)

Thoughts anyone?

I was going to also be in search of scents to go along with the All Souls Trilogy, but I sort of found another perfume company that actually made ones themed to it so... I hate to admit it but I bought non-BPAL perfume. I don't love it as much as my BPAL though, so i'm still hoping maybe we'll get some BPAL All Souls Trilogy scents one day... But in the meantime the Matthew perfume from the other works well enough :D

And am I missing, or has there ever been a thread about scents to go along with Jane Austen characters in general? I know that's not "dark" enough for BPAL's style, but I still suspect there should be some good pairings there (and Jane Austen is by far my favorite - though if anyone can point me towards threads about classic literature pairings in general, it would be much appreciated. Apparently I'm really really bad at using the search on this forum because I have tried and tried in vain...)

DancingOod I don't have any suggestions for lack of bpal leather knowledge, I'm just joining to gush about Sam Riley as Mr. Darcy :wub3: eeeeeeeee :bunnyluv:

DancingOod I don't have any suggestions for lack of bpal leather knowledge, I'm just joining to gush about Sam Riley as Mr. Darcy :wub3: eeeeeeeee :bunnyluv:

Right? I almost had a bit of a major emotional crisis over it because COLIN FIRTH IS MY ONE TRUE MOVIE LOVE, but seeing as I actually find Colin much sexier in things OTHER than P&P, I guess I shouldn't be horribly surprised that I find Sam as Mr. Darcy sexier than Colin.... It's the coat, the coat I tell you! (which is why I'm in search of a scent to try that has leather in it. I really wish Severin still existed because it was on my original wish list for BPAL years before I ever finally got around to giving BPAL a try, and of course once I did, Severin was no longer available...)

BUT: I'm trying to figure out which scent with LEATHER in it would be the most appropriate to the Pride and Prejudice and Zombies version of Mr. Darcy with his FABULOUS leather coat (that I actually fell in love with before I decided I loved Sam Riley as Mr. Darcy, even if he's not Colin Firth...)

I haven't seen the movie, but it seems like you're looking for an elegant but "masculine" leather? I would think any of the following could fit:

All That I Possess - Amber, clove and leather... in the background, guiac wood, white sandalwood, and myrrh.

Antony - A warrior’s scent: the green hills and grasses of the battlefields, the resinous incense from the prayers to his Gods, and a touch of the musky leather of his armor. Ambergris and frankincense with sage, and basil.

Crowley - Infernal musk, red patchouli, lilac cologne, mahogany, lemon rind, oakmoss, leather, and vanilla husk.

Doc Constantine - Sheer musk, cedar smoke, fir needle, chaparral, black amber and leather.

Highwayman - Vetiver with gardenia, blood red rose, night-blooming jasmine, a dash of cinnamon and a faint hint of leather

Sherlock Holmes - A fastidiously clean scent, with a dash of pipe and cigarette tobacco. Faintly beneath, you catch the fragrance of a smear of greasepaint, a stray horsehair, and a whisper of Moroccan leather and rosin.

Leather Phoenix - Matcha tea, wild frankincense, champaca, petitgrain, star anise, aged oudh, rose taifi, narcissus, Himalayan cedar, 11-year aged patchouli, and black leather accord.

I think AtIP, Crowley and Highwayman are the most “fancy” while the others are a bit grittier.

I haven't seen the movie, but it seems like you're looking for an elegant but "masculine" leather? I would think any of the following could fit:

All That I Possess - Amber, clove and leather... in the background, guiac wood, white sandalwood, and myrrh.

Antony - A warrior’s scent: the green hills and grasses of the battlefields, the resinous incense from the prayers to his Gods, and a touch of the musky leather of his armor. Ambergris and frankincense with sage, and basil.

Crowley - Infernal musk, red patchouli, lilac cologne, mahogany, lemon rind, oakmoss, leather, and vanilla husk.

Doc Constantine - Sheer musk, cedar smoke, fir needle, chaparral, black amber and leather.

Highwayman - Vetiver with gardenia, blood red rose, night-blooming jasmine, a dash of cinnamon and a faint hint of leather

Sherlock Holmes - A fastidiously clean scent, with a dash of pipe and cigarette tobacco. Faintly beneath, you catch the fragrance of a smear of greasepaint, a stray horsehair, and a whisper of Moroccan leather and rosin.

Leather Phoenix - Matcha tea, wild frankincense, champaca, petitgrain, star anise, aged oudh, rose taifi, narcissus, Himalayan cedar, 11-year aged patchouli, and black leather accord.

I think AtIP, Crowley and Highwayman are the most “fancy” while the others are a bit grittier.

THANK YOU! And yes, I think you're on the right track. Even just having a smaller list to look through really seems to help in thinking about it, so it's much appreciated!

No one has requested Undertale, but in case anyone ever does:

Toriel: Adrastea-A maternal perfume: warm, comforting, and protective. Goat’s milk accord, white honey, cacao-dusted amber, white coconut, white rose, and benzoin.

Asgore: Haunted-A mournful, poignant scent, thick with foreboding. Soft golden amber darkened with a touch of murky black musk.

Child Asriel: Enraged Bunny Musk-Soft cotton blossom, white musk, baby’s breath, clover and pale powder notes.

Sans: Bones Trombone-Pie crust, smears of blueberry marshmallow cream and lemon meringue, and hemlock.

Undyne: Fighter- Leather, musk, blood, and steel.

Frisk: Love’s Philosophy- Vanilla, saffron, and cream.

Chara: Burial-The scent of upturned cemetery loam mingling with floral offerings to the dead.

Mettaton: Cyborg- Gleaming metal and black leather over a khus-darkened bay rum.

Gaster: Mad Hatter- A gentlemen’s lavender-citron cologne unhinged by the feral pungence of black musk and a paroxysm of pennyroyal.

SimplySyra - I love you for that Undertale list!! They're all so perfect!

What about Papyrus? His many.... condiments (I think about the marinara sauce a lot....) and weeaboo things that he dabs behind his nonexistent ears would prove to be an interesting scent lol

Maybe one of the Shojo Beat perfumes lol

Has anyone done a Pacific Rim themed suggestion list already?

SimplySyra - I love you for that Undertale list!! They're all so perfect!

What about Papyrus? His many.... condiments (I think about the marinara sauce a lot....) and weeaboo things that he dabs behind his nonexistent ears would prove to be an interesting scent lol

Maybe one of the Shojo Beat perfumes lol

Has anyone done a Pacific Rim themed suggestion list already?

Thank you! You know, try as I might, I couldn't find one for Papyrus. That's not to say there isn't a scent out there that fits him. I just haven't thought of it yet. The same could be said for Alphys, Flowey, Muffet, and "Hyperdeath" Asriel.

Guts from Berserk: his scent would probably be metallic with blood, leather,smoke and a general bitter edge :) a darker version of Fighter maybe? :)

Guts from Berserk: his scent would probably be metallic with blood, leather,smoke and a general bitter edge :) a darker version of Fighter maybe? :)

My vote's for Bloodlust - A fiery Martial blend that embodies primal rage, lust for conquest, and all-encompassing desire. Dragon’s blood essence, heavy red musk, Indonesian patchouli and swarthy vetiver with a drop of cinnamon

It really does smell bloody to me, and the vetiver is leathery smelling. But what about Griffith and Caska?

OK, I need some perfume recs for Horror Clowns - you know the type! Pennywise, Twisty, Dropsy, etc...

There was a coulrophobia collection. But I'm wondering if there are any GC scents that would work well for scary clown characters.

Xanthe is the obvious answer, but can you guys think of any others?

Edited by crimescenecleanup