Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Flowermouth

What BPAL would this fictional character wear?

Gotham TV show anyone? Fish, Penguin, or the Iceberg Lounge's atmosphere in particular. (I won't complain about more general recs for the main universe Batman rogue gallery either.)

It's from the Post, not the Lab, but I'm pretty sure Mischief hair gloss from the new CD update smells an awful lot like Harley Quinn. Or at least, that's what I was hoping yesterday when I ordered it :tongue:

Catwoman is either Bast from the American Gods line, or Whip from the GC, for obvious reasons.

Totally agree! Here's my list:

Gotham City itself: Streets of Detroit - Black musk accord, Ethiopian myrrh, and motor oil. (Seriously, every time I wear it I picture walking through the streets of Gotham, maybe down some alleys I shouldn't be in...)

Bruce: Lawful - Rigid oak, blue chamomile, rhubarb, and fig leaf. (as if tiny Batman is going to smell like anything other than JUSTICE)

Alfred: Black Hats - Gunpowder residue, patent leather, pomade, and aftershave. (Firing off guns to save Bruce while still being classy AF)

Jim: Antony - The embodiment of Classic masculinity. A warrior’s scent: the green hills and grasses of the battlefields, the resinous incense from the prayers to his Gods, and a touch of the musky leather of his armor. Ambergris and frankincense with sage, and basil. (Jim Gordon, the ultimate MAN.)

Lee: Embalming Fluid - a light, pure scent: white musk, green tea, aloe and lemon. (smells like a day of work and her soap at home as she has a bath with a cup of tea.)

Harvey: The Center - peeling paint, faded wallpaper and threadbare carpets, flickering neon, candlewax, and a fading whiff of Jack Daniels. (aka his apartment)

Fish: Follow Me Boy - A houdoun recipe dating back almost 150 years. This blend is favored by prostitutes, exotic dancers and others in the sex industry for its power to attract, seduce, and enthrall. Ensures financial gain and increased profits. (this scent is pure sex and power, perfect for Fish!)

Oswald: Wilde - A sophisticated traditional gentleman's cologne, with just the slightest taint of patchouli's passion, tonka bean's decadence, the philanthropy of bergamot, moss' cynicism, the sharp wit of lavender, and the hopeless romantic longing of jasmine and thyme. (Not only the name, it smells like at least the appearance of class and sophistication, with something darker under the surface)

Ed: Villain - A classic Victorian men’s cologne: a lavender fougere, with hints of lilac, lime, and citrus musk. (I LOVE this scent, and it smells like a slippery guy that talks too fast)

Ivy: Solanine, the Flower Girl - razor-thorned roses, vibrant bursts of oleander, drooping cascades of wisteria, sprays of white hemlock and lily of the valley, bruise-blue pillows of aconite, purple-veined henbane, and the snapping jaws of monstrously large flytraps, glistening wet with mucilage. Her clothes smell faintly of manchineel smoke, and her fingertips are stained green. (I mean, do I really need to explain it?)

Barbara: Lady Macbeth - The essence of ambition, covetousness and manipulation: sweet Bordeaux wine, blood red currant, thyme and wild berries. (She's going to smell like fancy wine and perfume that empowers you to kill a man)

Tabitha: Wanda - deep red merlot with a faint hint of leather, sexual musk and body heat over crushed roses, violets and myrtle. (Leather for the whip, wine for Barbara, and the flowers to give the appearance of caring that may not just be a lie)

Butch: Fighter - Leather, musk, blood, and steel. (this man is constantly in a fight, what else is he going to smell like?)

Jervis Tech: Mad Hatter (duh) - A gentlemen’s lavender-citron cologne unhinged by the feral pungence of black musk and a paroxysm of pennyroyal. (not only the name, this is the coldest perfume I have ever smelled. The guy who wears this is out for himself and his own pleasures, no matter how disturbing)

Jerome: Lurid - Shocking, horrific, fierce, savage, sensationalized, luminous and hazy: black currant, Bulgarian lavender and white musk with a dollop of thick resin and a voltaic charge of ozone notes. (honestly the weirdest perfume I had ever smelled. It's vaguely unisex, but leans towards masculine, and I can only describe it as unsettling. It smells like a disturbance in the Force.)

and for fun, my beloved Brigit Pike, AKA Firefly: War - Red ginger, black spices, patchouli, honeysuckle, and three blood-soaked red musks. (a real spitfire)

Edited by marilyn eyre

Thank you Marilyn Eyre, those were wonderful and I'd thought of Villain for Nygma too. All of them fit well. I'd never thought of The Center for Harvey but it works.

Another I think fits Poison Ivy is "Give Me Your Breath Sister" from the Lilith LEs. Honeyed carnivorous plants.

Or Pisces 2016 for Fish. It's got red musk like the red lighting in her club and vanilla with salt air from the docks.

Edited by patina

Oooh!! Oooh!!!!
Anyone know any good ones for the Pirates of the Caribbean films characters?
I'm so curious what everyone will pair with (well, everyone, but mostly) Norrington.

If anyone knows the musical Pippin (revival); what about the Leading player? I think funnel of love might be... close but I don't think it's her everyday-thing.

Also, just in case anyone knows the musical soldaat van oranje, any thoughts on these characters?

Edited by Cali

Anyone got ideas for Leverage character scents?

Hardison would have to be orange soda with a musty strange scent (no one appreciates the van!~). It would need to be a little cocky, a little humble but very comfortable.

Parker would be a very soft, skin scent, almost no throw, yet distinctive. perhaps a bit of bunny fluff and climbing gear oil, with a note of pure adrenaline inducing sugar.

Nate is basically Mad Sweeney - WHISKEY WHIskey Whiskey and a dash of maniacal planning, perhaps a softening scent of something, inky and sweet.

Sophie would have to be a scent with many many layers, dizzying, intoxicating. Honey sweet, but with layers. Bottle will smell different from wet will smell different from dry and change hourly. and it will probably smell different on everyone - a touch of pheremone and a squeeze of lemon. This scent would be all about the sweetness and mind games.

Eliot would be a rugged scent but with a soft zing. Hay? bluebonnets, a touch of beer and citrus. Meticulously coming together to make an enigmatic but intriguing scent. It should definitely make you hungry though.

Archie would basically be Wilde, or any gentleman scent, with a bit of leather for the wallet. a crackle or spark for the taser cane would be great too :)

Chaos would be sweat and paper and something vaguely annoying.

Sterling would have similar notes to nate, but less whiskey, and more, perhaps, smoke or brimstone - HE'S EVIL NATE.

I love all these! Chaos would be grape soda (to parallel Hardison's orange), sweat, ozone, and cheap aftershave.

For Eliot I'm thinking leather, hay, whiskey, steel, citrus, basil, and tomato leaf. A cowboy in a chef's hat. "You hold a knife like this, it cuts through an onion. You hold a knife like this, it cuts through, like... eight Yakuza in four seconds."

Edited by Soupy Twist

Ok, folks... Sorry to not come around much and then have a new question right off the bat, I'll try to do better!

BUT: I'm trying to figure out which scent with LEATHER in it would be the most appropriate to the Pride and Prejudice and Zombies version of Mr. Darcy with his FABULOUS leather coat (that I actually fell in love with before I decided I loved Sam Riley as Mr. Darcy, even if he's not Colin Firth...)

Thoughts anyone?

I was going to also be in search of scents to go along with the All Souls Trilogy, but I sort of found another perfume company that actually made ones themed to it so... I hate to admit it but I bought non-BPAL perfume. I don't love it as much as my BPAL though, so i'm still hoping maybe we'll get some BPAL All Souls Trilogy scents one day... But in the meantime the Matthew perfume from the other works well enough :D

And am I missing, or has there ever been a thread about scents to go along with Jane Austen characters in general? I know that's not "dark" enough for BPAL's style, but I still suspect there should be some good pairings there (and Jane Austen is by far my favorite - though if anyone can point me towards threads about classic literature pairings in general, it would be much appreciated. Apparently I'm really really bad at using the search on this forum because I have tried and tried in vain...)

By the way folks, I'm sorry I never came back to gush over how PERFECT All that I Possess is! Just because it's affiliated with another movie doesn't make it any less perfect in my opinion for reminding me of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies Colonel Darcy!

Does anyone have any ideas for the Over the Garden Wall series? I've thought about Love Makes Monsters of Us All, but any other ideas?

Does anyone have recommendations for what Mavis, the cute cartoon vampire from Hotel Transylvania movies, would wear?

I'm going to be her for Halloween <3

Ooh that's so interesting. I wouldn't have thought to go in that direction, but it makes sense, especially thinking of her flying through night air. I can't do blends with florals as the main components though (just put the tiniest bit of snow white on & it's all headache inducing night blooming flowers on me).

My Halloween: Montreal might be perfect. Candy, leaves, cold earth, smashed pumpkins - sharp & clear in the frosty air.

I'm still open to thoughts & suggestions though!

Does anyone have any ideas for the Over the Garden Wall series? I've thought about Love Makes Monsters of Us All, but any other ideas?

Woodsy, cozy fall scents for sure. Scarecrow, Jack, Thanatopsis, Nylarlahotep (The Beast)

Magnificent Autumn, Samhain, Hallow-e'een 1914, Nothing Gold Can Stay, Hearth (Yule), Scarecrow Turned Philosopher (2018), Illimitable Dominion Over All (2018, the edelwoods), In A Whispering Gallery (2018, the tea plantation), Nothing But Death (there's a river scent in it!), The School-House, The Death of Autumn, November (Yule), The Governing Dark's Begun (Yule), Frostbitten Jersey Devil (Yule)

Edited by patina

Any My Hero Academia fans out there?

Midoria

All Might

Bakugo

Uravity

Tenya Ida

Froppy

Todoroki

Shigaraki

Endeavor

Eraser Head

And any other favorites. There's so many! :heart:

I haven’t tried this one, but Bayou sounds like a good thematic match for Froppy.

Sadly, most of the stuff I have so far are limited editions or seasonal, so I feel like a lot of my suggestions based on stuff I’ve tried will lead to disappointment. Even so, I could imagine Uravity going for something simple, sweet, and summery, so I might lean Single Note: Wild Honeysuckle for her.

I haven’t tried this one, but Bayou sounds like a good thematic match for Froppy.

Sadly, most of the stuff I have so far are limited editions or seasonal, so I feel like a lot of my suggestions based on stuff I’ve tried will lead to disappointment. Even so, I could imagine Uravity going for something simple, sweet, and summery, so I might lean Single Note: Wild Honeysuckle for her.

Purely for time killing, entertainment purposes. Pile on your LE and seasonal suggestions. :tongue:

And yes, I could see Bayou working for Froppy, especially if she was trying to be fancy. :_

Purely for time killing, entertainment purposes. Pile on your LE and seasonal suggestions. :tongue:

And yes, I could see Bayou working for Froppy, especially if she was trying to be fancy. :_

Sure thing! Here’s some ideas of various sorts:

GC/Currently Available:

Midnight- Whip (black leather and damp red rose) Nuff said, though something from the Somnium category could also be good, if a little on the nose.

Kyoka- Little Sister is Watching You (electric, aldehydic cherry blossom) It’s mostly stuff like the “voice in the air” description that made me think of her for this. Haven’t tried it, so I don’t know how it differs from other cherry blossom stuff.

Froppy- Plague of Frogs (rubbery, wet, and warty) This one’s mostly a joke, especially since I have no idea what it would smell like.

Bakugou- Streets of Detroit (black musk accord, Ethiopian myrrh, and motor oil) Haven’t tried it, but people love it and it sounds a tad edgy.

Deku- Druid (a woolen robe infused with the scent of a vast, primordial forest: ancient trees, fertile soil, wild herbs, spring grasses, and burgundy pitch incense) I guess it’s the green hair, but I think of something cozy and forest-y.

Kaminari- Lightning (lightning slashing the midnight skies over the endless reaches of the ocean. The electric tang of ozone, marine notes, and a drop of sharp rain) Another one I’m mostly suggesting out of theme, especially since it’s another I haven’t tried.

Charity (also still available, I think):

Todoroki- Fuck this Heat (slivers of ice to cool things down, lavender and hops flower to soothe the nerves) Partially a joke, but he’d probably like a cool and refreshing scent anyway.

All Might- Spiced Rum Buttercream Coffee (coffee and rum laced with allspice, nutmeg, clove, star anise, cardamom, and cinnamon gently whipped into buttercream) I don’t know why I think he’d like it, but it smells great. Plus, hey, the proceeds go to good stuff.

Shunga Lupercalias:

Momo- Courtesan with Secret Lover (green tea, plum blossom, white musk, jasmine blossom honey, and lemon peel) It smells very proper to me.

Uravity- A View of Cascading Cherry Blossoms (cherry blossoms, white musk, and crushed strawberries) Another sweet and relatively simple one. It matches well with the Kamisuki hair gloss (cherry blossoms, white tea, vanilla orchid, and a drop of strawberry).

Iida- Hoîru (bourbon vanilla and suede leather, tonka and patchouli, pale amber and blackened tea leaf, coconut husk and cashmere) It sounds proper and kind of fancy. I have a bottle, but I’m still getting used to it so it’s tough for me to pin it down.

Couldn’t think of as many actually unavailable ones that I think suit different characters but, unless I’ve said otherwise, I’ve at least tried all of these.

Edited by KezzieZ

Plague of frogs is a cool, minty* aquatic that I think would work very well for Froppy and her laid-back attitude. Some people get a bit of an oakmoss(?) funk to it though.

*Not super minty just a tiny bit like mint.

Edited by patina

Plague of frogs is a cool, minty* aquatic that I think would work very well for Froppy and her laid-back attitude. Some people get a bit of an oakmoss(?) funk to it though.

That sounds really nice! I’m half surprised I hadn’t checked out the reviews here in the forum. Might look into that a little more later.

That sounds really nice! I’m half surprised I hadn’t checked out the reviews here in the forum. Might look into that a little more later.

Fair warning, this is one of those that seems to vary wildly based on skin chemistry. Everything from "actual dirty aquarium" to "soap" to "beautiful green aquatic."

Edited by patina