Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Delirium

Non compos mentis, indeed! A contrary, conflicted scent, bubbling with merry madness. Contains apple, rose, and lemon.

Fruity rose, indeed! The lemon really gives the rose a sharper "push" off my skin, and the apple provides an entirely different crisp, green juicy element.

Fun and lovely, although Beth makes so many other wonderful rose scents that I probably won't wear this one as much as it deserves.

As this one goes on, the apple stands out most, but with a lovely sweet hint to it. As it dries down, first the rose and then the lemon show themselves. It's a a sweet, sherbety smell like 'rainbow sherbert' - the sweetness is there, but there's a tartness too. There is a slight medicinal smell there as well, almost like Germolene - I don't know where I got that from! :P

Or, actually, those boxes of mixed flavours of Turkish Delight! That's what it most reminds me of.

It's not one I'll get in the future - I got it for a friend to try - but it would be a beautiful, not-too-cloying summer scent. Especially if you like Turkish Delight.

initial thoughts: mmmm i like this. the rose lingers after the bottle is shut the way rose red does, and the lemon and apple peek out once in awhile too.

First Impression: Sweet flowers and juicy fruit.

Second Impression: I can't pick out individual notes in this. This is the smell of the flowers and fruit bowl that an artist is painting in her dimly lit studio. It's romantic and sweet.

Final Analysis: This will be a great scent for the summer, not overpowering, but definitely "there".

FIRST SNIFF: roses, roses, roses

WEARING IT: roses still but with the added crispness of the apple. fresh, soft and pretty. i can't smell the lemon, but as this scent dries it becomes more and more appealing. i don't like rose scents normally, but this is so mild and truly beautiful i can see myself wearing it.

VERDICT: a keeper, i can see it being beautiful for the first signs of autumn... :P

First sniff in the bottle: I must be crazy...I'm getting a sort of lily-ish smell, not very rosey to me at all. Light florals don't always do well on me, so I was hesitant to put it on.

On me wet: Still floral, but there's a juiciness to it. Not the usual rose that I'm used to smelling. The apple's starting to come out. Again, not too sure about the floral, but something's making me not wash it off. It's making me feel girlie and happy :P

Dry Down: Oooh... nummy nummy apples! Sitting on a table next to a bouquet of roses. I'm not getting lemony at all (thank goodness!). Just lovely apples and fragrant roses. No, better... walking through a fragrant rose garden enjoying a freshly picked apple. That smell of the apple when you bite into it is what I've got here, mingling with the smell of the roses on a warm day.

This is divine... I'll be ordering a bigger bottle of this one for those days that I want to be really girlie smelling, or just need a smile.

Drat...I wish I could smell the apple as well as everyone else. What I get when I put this on is a dominant lemon with some rose peeking around it. After an hour or so the lemon fades and a sweet rose scent really comes through. Overall, it's a pleasing rose scent. I do like the rose and lemon pairing, and I think users of Lush's bubble bar, amondopondo, would be particularly pleased.

After some quality time spent with an imp of Delerium, it's definitely become one of my favorite oils...After a hellacious week (and I mean a truly awful seven days sent straight from Pazuzu, Lord of the Southwestern Winds), the lemon-rose softness of this scent was comforting and grounding for me...odd considering the name, right?

Anyway, I just realized that it takes me straight back to a beautiful summer when we had this thriving rose bush in our backyard, and the scent they gave off on unbearably hot days was ambrosia...they were these lush, floppy, satiny, bubble-gum pink blooms that I always dreamed of wearing in my hair but didn't.

I don't really pick up on the apple, but it has to be one of the elements softening up the rose and rounding out this gorgeous bouquet.

My body chemistry must be very off as this oil smells totally different on me that it smells in the bottle and on everyone else. But, because of that, this has become my FAVORITE oil!

On me it smells like waxflower. For those of you that might not know what that is, wax flower is a small, purplish pink flower that florists sometimes use as filler, like Baby's breath. It smells more clean and soapy than anything else, and in large quantites it smells rather faint, as opposed to Baby's Breath which smells like a landfill in large doses.

As the oil dries, it starts having this nice, crisp linen smell, much like a Bounce dryer sheet with that waxflower/soapy smell still lingering in the background.

And boy does it linger! I put it on at 9am, and around 9pm it was still going strong! And that was without a reapplication and me washing my hands periodically through the day. In fact, I can still smell it on my dirty clothes.

I have just GOT to get this in a bigger bottle!

Fun, fun, fun! :D

Delirium is definitely a playful blend. Depending on when I wear it, the rose, apple and lemon take turns being the most prominent note. I never know what to expect, which makes it a perfect imp to reach for on these indecisive mornings when I don't know if I want to wear something fruity, something lemony or something floral.

It has been a while since I had a strong colour/scent association, but to me Delirium is definitely a lovely bright magenta, with little specks of golden yellow :P

First sniff

Complex, bright and a bit offputting...much like the state of Delirium itself. A very

When wet

Wow its a very white floral. A bit strong (and do I smell sandalwood?) but still white. Smells a bit like veil.

Drydown

Sort of fading into the background and I have to really sniff to get a sense of it. That's not cool :P

Aftermath

I like this but I doubt I'd use up more then my imp. It's too close to Veil for my liking and as Veil wasn't a MUST have scent for me neither is this. It would probably be lovely in the spring as a room scent however.

Delerium

First Impression

Oh, yum. Mainly lemon and a hint of apple and rose from the vial. Smells delicious.

Wearing It

I don't wear rose very well, since it tends to overpower everything else in a perfume blend. But I tried this out anyhow, cause it just smelled too good to pass on. Just as it's drying, the rose and lemon and apple even out (although the apple is always towards the bottom of the scent hierarchy) and it smells just divine. It's like Cancer, but sweeter and less wispy. It's got this sweet lemon scent mixed with a really lucious rose...the rose isn't a red rose and it isn't a white rose either...it reminds me more of the pink and yellow home grown roses in my mother's backyard, sweet and soft and powdery. And the apple behind it gives this scent another crisp, sweet scent to mingle with the rose and lemon. It's just lovely. And then of course it turns to pure rose the minute it dries all the way. But the initial phase is great. I wish someone I were close to would wear this scent, so I could smell it in that wet phase frequently...

Delirium reminded me a bit of The Fool at first, a bright bubbley apple scent.

As it dries on me the lemon comes out, and it came out very strong for awhile, but then it calmed down and mellowed into a sort of fruity floral. It ends up being very light on me, just a hint of the rose and apple. The lemon disappeared completely.

It goes through a lot of stages, some of them are lovely but some of them hurt my nose. Unfortunately the one that lasts on me is rather bland.

wait, is this is the same delirium i tried months ago and didn't like at all?

how can that be? i just sniffed the imp and dabbed a wee bit on my skin, and i don't remember it ever smelling this good. this is SO perfect for spring. fruity, light, and bouncy. this smells so innocent to me. it reminds me of a child in a sun dress and a big, goofy hat in the middle of a park, swinging on the swing set with her mom. daww..

i'm sending this to darklorelei, though, just because i think she's wanted to try it for a while now. ta-ta, delirium. i'm sorry we never got along until now. :P

Scent Name: Delerium

In the bottle:

Dominant notes: Erm, Lemon all the way. Perhaps a bit of apple.

Impressions: This is… weird. Smells… delerious. Beth… you're a nut.

Initial On:

Dominant notes: Can smell some more apple, and rose.

Impressions: These notes just don't belong together. This makes me feel confused. They're all lovely scents, but lemon just rules this. It's like being at a small party with a bunch of strangers and one overpowering social butterfly. No one really gets to know each other, no one really gets along.

After a while: Persistent notes: Lemon

Notes that fade: The rose really doesn't stick around.

Staying power? The lemon sticks around for… way too long.

Summary: Woah. This was a confusing experience. I love the thought of apple and rose together, but the addition of lemon was just… too much. That and my skin really tends to amplify lemon, so that must have been it. This was a freebie, and I'm thankful that I got to try it. It's another one of those - woah, this is exactly what this experience smells like that Beth's so good at creating, it's just not an experience that I enjoyed a whole lot.

In the Bottle Clean, apple and rose, slight hint of lemon. Gorgeous!

Wet Woah! It is all lemon baby! I smell like dishwashing soap.

Drydown Still lemon. It's giving me a headache. :D

Two Hours Later Still lemon. Just lemon. No rose or apple. :P

Verdict Apple and rose sounded so wonderful, and they just simply disappeared on my skin. I am so disappointed. I really wanted to like this one. However, I put a few drops on a lightbulb and it made the most delightful room fragrence. I love it. If only it would smell good on me.

This one was free in my last order and is a perfect scent for me- the Lab must have been reading my mind :D This is a really beautiful blend especially for anyone that loves roses (myself included). It goes on with a top note burst of lemon that's breezy and cool. Then the rose develops and is very fresh smelling, more like petals. As the scent mellows and dries down, the apple comes through. It is a warm apple smell, more like apple juice than the fruit itself. I can definately see a big bottle of this in the future! :P

delirium was a scent i was considering for my first order. i ended up going with something else, but the clever labbies gifted it to me! so generous and really lovely :P

i love roses and lemon, and they are so pretty in combination! the apple lends a fruitiness that i love in the vial, but am less fond of on my skin. still, i like this scent! its one i can see wearing the the early summer, when its warm, and slightly humid, but not yet dog days...bees buzzing around, and flowers in bloom, sipping lemonade on the lawn...

Delirium

in vial: lemon and rose

wet: a fresh, light lemony rose. Wonderful!

dry: the apple starts coming through, although the rose and lemon stay the dominant scents...lasts about 6 hours

verdict: wonderful scent, especially for the summer. I can see myself ordering a big bottle in the future.

Origin:

I got this as part of my prize for winning etherealchild's Blue Moon contest. :P

First sniff:

Very light smelling. This is on par with Pele for lightness, which is to say it's so light I can barely smell it. What I can smell of it is light lemon and apple, but only very faintly. I'm not sure if my allergies are making my nose dull or if this is really this light. :D

Wet on skin:

Still very light. I have to have my nose right against my wrist before I can smell it. Delirium is very fresh and cheerful smelling...I guess this is a joyful, manic kind of insanity, which is the best kind of all. :D

The rose is starting to come out now, too, but only very subtly. Somehow this defies categorization in either the fruity or floral categories...it's more just...clean.

Dry down:

Rose and lemon are all I smell now that Delirium is dry and I can only smell those when I put my nose right up against my wrists. Unfortunately, I don't really care for rose or lemon and I normally wear heavier scents, so I don't think Delirium and I are going to be suited to one another. :D

The bottom line:

Delirium and I are just not meant for one another. I'll be passing this one on in the spirit that it was given to me. Hopefully someone else will enjoy it more than I can. :D

Delirium...it told me to wear it today. :P

In the bottle: Lemon, definitely. However, it also smells like a bag of Starburst candy.

On me/wet: The lemon doesn't hold for more than a minute before the rose begins to pop out. And it's a light, fresh, fruity rose. Everybody else is right, this will be perfect for spring.

Drydown: As it dries, the rose also starts to fade, and a hint of apple is beginning to show through. It's not a very strong scent and seems to be fading rather quickly.

Final analysis: It's pretty, and worth keeping around (for a while, at least). However, it doesn't compete with rose blends like London or Persephone.

In the bottle: That is nice and bubbly. The lemon and the apple are both present, which gives it something of an unappealing soap scent, but I'm convinced that will fade as it becomes less concentrated and my skin amps up the rose.

Wet: Fresh cut apples and lemon cleanser. Hmm...this kinda makes my nose burn with the cleaner type edge of it. I was hoping for something a little...darker, I guess. More mellow. I can make out the rose but it's hidden by the juicy apple. Thankfully, the lemon cleaner smell is fading out now. The apple is nice, and the rose seems to be a background note to everything else. For some reason this reminds me of candy, of some type of sticky pink bubblegum I had once.

Dry down: This is a very light kind of scent and, yes, it is conflicted. And I am conflicted about whether or not I like it. The apples and the rose play nicely, but don't seem to belong together. It also changes from tart to sweet at a seemingly drop of a hat. And now it's back to lemon only a sweet lemon now like lemondrops. My skin is not amping up the rose nearly as much as I thought it would. But then I'm testing it on my left wrist. More than likely, it will smell completely different on my right. Silly skin.

Dry: Apples. Not fresh cut and juicy anymore. More like apple incense or candles. A trapped, slightly spiced apple. More lemon. Maybe the mix of lemon and rose on my skin killed the rose. It is entirely possible as my skin will amp up lemon for awhile, too, until it pulls a stronger scent out or just gets bored. This has degenerated back to that cleaning fluid smell. The rose in the background smells artifical on my skin. Not like my roses in Persephone or Libra or Rose Red. My skin makes this whole thing smell like a cheap candle. Pity, I was so hoping to enjoy this one. It doesn't smell that bad. It just doesn't smell the way I wanted it to. I may try this again when spring or summer rolls around. Or I may just trade it to someone who will adore it.

ETA: Wait. Wait. The rose is coming out a little more now. A nice rose and crisp fruit smell with an edge of tart. Better than the cleanser smell, but I still perfer Persephone.

Delirium indeed!

This was a constantly changing oil one me. All of the notes were very independant, and stood out, but they all took turns. I got dizzy from all the olfactory twirling.

However, there was one note... or maybe it was the combination of fruit and flower, that did not work on me. Underneath it all, there was bitterness. Very subtle, but it unnerved me.

So far, not many fruits have like me. Ah well.

This smells like the essence of water to me. Crisp, wet and fresh.

It isn't my favorite of the fresh scents, I leave that honor to Embalming Fluid or Tempest. But it reminds me of cool, clear water, as the song goes.

The lemon comes out to play for awhile, but I swear I cannot smell rose in this at all. I sense lemon, apple crispness and water, like freshly washed fruit or fruit trees after a rainstorm.

Edited by Madame Nyx

Although it smelt really nice in the vial, this went to straight soap when I applied it on me. Even after drydown. Thing is it lasted for less than an hour and then I couldn't smell anything at all.

Unfortunately this didn't work for me, but I think it would be really nice on a lot of people. I'll try this out as a room scent or it's off to swaps for me. :P