Tweedledum and Tweedledee
Agreed to have a battle!
For Tweedledum said Tweedledee
Had spoiled his nice new rattle.

Just then flew down a monstrous crow,
As black as a tar-barrel!
Which frightened both the heroes so,
They quite forgot their quarrel.'

Absurd! Green mango, fig, patchouli and green tea.

In Bottle: Bright mango

On Skin: This is so bright and refreshing! So fruity and sweet but also tart! The mango is top note which is very nice since I don’t know of another BPAL scent that has mango as the leader. The fig is there too, but lighter and not as juicy as the mango. The green tea takes the zing up a notch and makes it even brighter. But what is this about patchouli? I usually hate patchouli, and I don’t smell any in this at all. There is a very light incensey background, but the fruit covers it so it’s barely there, that must be the patchouli. This is a perfect summer scent, it smells like a fresh fruit salad. This really makes me want to lick it off my skin. This is an A++++++ fruit blend!! Average throw and short wear length.

Glory be, this stuff is fantastic. Tweedledum, like Tweedledee, is just an amazing fruity-tea blend. I love the mango here, it's gorgeously green and tropical, and the fig is perfect---not overpowering in the least on me, although it tends to go that way in most blends. The green tea is refreshing and gives the blend a kind of 'openness'---and the patchouli is so soft it's like the barest suggestion of earthiness.

This is like wearing a straight-up vacation. :P

in the bottle: mmmm mango. fig. delightful sweet fruitiness.

wet: wow the mango is so sweet it makes my mouth water and i see light golden juicy rings.

as it dries this is amazingly sweet, fruity and has quit a bit of tropical throw. this is a heavenly summer scent

Edited by shelldoo

I like this a lot. Much better than Dee. The juicy fruity goodness is basically the major note I get, a hint of tea, but mostly a lovely summery fruit scent. I don't detect patchouli, and I'm having a hard time pinning down the exact fruit scents. Yum, though. I'll be ordering a full size.

5 out of 5.

Rating (on skin): 5/5

Summarised in a word or two: Mango tea!

In the imp: Green tea, fig and mango. Very fruity and sweet.

On skin, wet: An absolutely lovely, fruity mango tea!

On skin, dry: After a while the patchouli appears, but only to linger happily in the background and ground what would otherwise be a very candy-like, fruity scent. Tea sometimes goes soapy on me, but this shows no sign of doing so.

Conclusion/Notes: I'm not big on many fruit notes, but I love mango. I also love green tea, so this is a becoming a big favourite. I'll definitely be ordering a 5ml soon.

I'll try to keep this short. It seems like Dum is the preferred over (T)Dee in the duo, and in my opinion both are nice scents, but Dum is much more wearable, at least on me. It's definitely figs and mangos, over a very delicate astringent tea. The patchouli, if present, is not that eager to assert itself. All in all, a pleasant, tropical aroma that wears light.

Wonderful fruity scent -- not too sweet, with a touch of tang. It reminds me a bit of Chanel Chance. I think I might be wearing this a lot this summer!

Tried this on without remembering what the listed ingredients were my first thought was Sweettarts - or maybe Jolly Ranchers. Something sweet and bright and tart. It is very fruity - and the mango is somewhat reminicent of Fruit Moon. I don't get much incense from this and unfortunatly it fades super fast on my skin (just like fruit moon in fact) Wah! Will have to give it a whirl in a scent locket.

tweedledum.jpg

I was so relieved this one did not work on me. I am spared at least a few coppers in my wallet. On me it was just a confused herbal, and reminded me of the cassia note I can't wear. I think it was the fig, which is real iffy on me. Green tea doesn't like me either, so I was headed for a fall with Tweedledum.

Edited by olympia301

Whee! Mango! On the drydown, the mango calms down a litte bit. The fig and patchouli step up together with a incensy, spiced sweetness. I don't get much of the tea note except for a little hint of grassiness in the background. Fruity and fun!

well, this is fruity, i didn't place it as mango at first, but i guess it is somewhat tropical in feeling.. maybe i smell more fig..anyway, it's fruity, stony and woodsy at the same time...like fruit cocktail spilled on wet cement in the woods, or something. it lightens to some kind of sugary fruity candy, like pez, with a bit of woodsiness. then the woodsiness just takes over on my skin, i guess this is the patchouli? interesting, but i'm not in love with it.

I had forgotten the notes for this when I put it on this morning, but I am utterly delighted with it! Fruity and green, with a spicy, earthiness from the fig and patchouli. For me, patchouli is hit and miss, but this is a total hit! Warm and sweet and delightful! Sadly, it only lasts about 3 hours on me--but it is worth the reapplication!

First on, I do not get any fig or patchouli out of this blend at all. Tweedledum smells like green tea mixed with a mango soda, as it has a bubbling and effervescent quality to it that makes me think of soda. It's a nice mix of tea and fruity, but not really what I was expecting. Very refreshing.

In the drydown, earthy patchouli and fig come out and ground this blend for me. Over time, my first impression completely shifts and a lot of the tea and fruitiness fades. Tweedledum becomes more of an earthy blend with hints of fruit in the background. It's like patchouli and fig with a bit of that fruity soda that I had mentioned.

Interesting. I like this, but I don't really love it. I could see Tweedledum working out better on my boy. :P

BPALTweedledum.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y181/lush...eedledumbot.jpg

In the bottle

Mmm...smells green and fruity.

On

This is also a nice fruit blend that is differnet. Kind of tangy, bright, fruity and green. Not citrus, thicker smelling fruit.

30 minutes

The Fig and patchouli are the prominent things on my skin now. Tweedledum is a sexy, earthy, lushiously thick and fruity scent when it's dry.

Throw:

average

Scent category:

Fruity

Summary

Great fruity blend for Summer. This blend has more of a bright feeling than Tweedledee. More astringent but less airy, more earthy.

Purchase again?

Yes. Pretty, fruity, earthy, green and different.

1-5 rating (5 being best)

In bottle: Mm, mango!

On skin, wet: Fruity mango tea!

On skin, dry: patchouli, and fruity mango tea.

Conclusion: in less than an hour this went from a lovely fruity tea with some patchouli to.. faint faint patchouli and fruity mango tea. It's absolutely lovely and adoring, but gone way too fast. *sigh* 4/5

This is a very nice scent -- sweet and lush, with an earthy undercurrent, and a slightly watery feel at the same time. It has that sort of food/not-food mix that I like in so many other scents, and I keep thinking there's a touch of floral in it, though judging from the description thre isn't. It's got a bit of that same wet fruity-floral feeling as Yerevan, Lampades and Xiutehcuhtli, although the mango note also brings Kuang Shi to mind.

There's also an element to it that makes me think of scented candles, though quite nice ones (I've gotten to be wary of using that comparison because some people use it as a put-down). I think it's that slight waxiness thast fig tends to have on me. And there's something green and almost grassy about it.

Unfortunately, it seems to fade fairly quickly, but that's really its only major down side. Apart from that, I quite like it. And since Kettu is equally fond of Tweedledee, I look forward to us being able to wear them in tandem.

Grade: B+

In the imp: Mango! with a slight earthy background (patchouli)

Wearing: The same as above for the first 30 minutes or so. Then the mango lightens up and I get more patchouli. The fig and green tea aren't so noticeable as individuals unless I sniff REALLY hard - but they are there lending a touch of sweet greeness.

Impressions: The mango is too bright for me initially - i'm not huge on fruity scents - but after it dissipates somewhat, it's one of those fruity/earthy blends that I think Beth does incredibly well. There are others that I prefer for my mainstay in this category, but I will keep the imp!

I must say that I've really enjoyed all the new additions to the Tea Party that I have tried!

Wow. This is an interesting one. It's a bit like candy in the imp. But changes on my skin. It's fruity and a little tart. But not especially juicy fruity. Does that make sense? I get all of the notes mentioned except the patchouli. I think the patchouli is drying it down a bit. I like it.

oh yum!!! straight sniff from bottle is all about fruity goodness...mango fruity

goodness :P

applied this stays very fruity but then something amazing happens!! i get whiffs

of green tea and then just a touch of patchouli here and there....absolutely delightful this is the most perfect summer scent and warrants a big bottle purchase most definitely :D

Tweedledum

In the imp: mango! Gorgeous mango, sweet and juicy, with an earthiness behind it.

Wet on skin: still mango, but now I smell the fig coming through, possibly tea as well.

Dry on skin: mmm, gorgeous. This is a mango scent made greener by tea and earthier by fig and a very bare hint of patchouli. It's sweet, yet with a nice tartness and I love the depth this has-it's not just a fruity scent, it reminds me of those other two earthy fruit scents-Carnal and Depraved, only with mango. I really like this-the colour it brings to mind is a intense rainforest green-there's something exotic about this scent and makes me think of plucking a mango growing in the greenery of jungle on a tropical island. Very summery.

After a while: the mango comes out more now, sweet and juicy and ripe. The greenish fig still hangs around, and I think there's a nice dark depth in the background due to the patchouli, but it's not a blatant patchouli, but it really grounds the scent.

Verdict: I love the way that Tweedledee and Tweedledum contrast nicely and make for a fantastic fragrant double act. Dum is darker, earthier, more mature, and also a little bit sweeter, less sharp. The colour this scent evokes is pure deep green with just a hint of yellowish orange behind it-the exact opposite of Tweedledee, which was bright sunny golden-orange with a tinge of green. It's a very natural mango scent; it makes me think of mango trees growing in a humid tropical climate, with fruit ripening and falling to the damp ground- I smell it all there. It's such a summery scent, cheerful and vibrant, sweet and warm and it makes me smile. I love the Tweedles and plan to get bottles of both because these will become summer staples.

Emoticon rating: :P

Mmm, mango and fig!

I broke my rule and bought a 5ml of this before sampling an imp, and I'm glad I did. :P This is a soft and fruity blend with the green tea giving this a very refreshing background scent. The patchouli stays soft and only really emerges on the drydown, which suits me just fine.

This doesn't have the best throw but it's worth re-application. A very nice summer blend.

Now this I love!! Strong, lovely patchouli note complimented by a lovely tea scent. There is a gorgeous undertone of the fruity mango. This reminds me a bit of Depraved, but sweeter and lovelier. This reminds me of the way Pier 1 smells! It's a combination of their peach candles, tea, and incense! It has a lot of throw and is pretty strong. Yum, I love this so much I think I need a 5 ml. :P

Mango with an undercurrent of something sort of dark. Was Tweedledum the sinister of the two?

If there's patchouli in this it plays well with the rest of the notes. An unusual reaction from a BPAL'er who's got a low tolerance level for most patchouli (wondering what variety is in this).

Edited by Heavenlyrabbit

Funny how skin chemistry works. As I scan the reviews it seems many got green tea and little, if any, patchouli. I get Dirty Fruit Moon. And it's swoon-worthy :P

Very bright, lush tropical fruitiness with the best patchouli note ever is how this works on me. This is happy and horny at the same time--I could easily wear this every day (not sure what that says about me...). But a sexy mood lifter, for sure.

I think I'm going to chase down an imp of Depraved and see if these are at all similar. But this one's going on the big, big bottle list!!!!