Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
slave1

Tweedledum

Absurd! Green mango, fig, patchouli and green tea.

Wet: bubblegum. Dry: Fruit, wood shavings. Light and tangy. I couldn't smell the patchouli at all. Edited by AmandaKay

in the vial: mmmm - very fruity with a touch of spice. And it's bright orangey red! I was really expecting it to be green!

wet on skin: tropical fruit and spice. Nice!

dry on skin: juicy and sweet like a fruity bubble bath. I can't smell patchouli, but I suspect it's lurking in the background providing depth and a hint of spice. After a few hours some musk emerges, making it slightly less less bubbly-bathy.

By next morning the fruit was gone but there was still a pleasant trace of musk/patchouli. I won't get a bottle, but I'll enjoy the imp.

I received a frimp of Tweedledum with my last order (thank you, lab!). At first I was a little trepidatious after reading 'patchouli' in the list of scent notes, but it turns out I needn't have worried. Although this scent smells quite a bit like bubblegum at first, on my wrist it quickly becomes deeper and spicier. Like others have written, it is a lot like a cup of spiced tropical fruit tea with a faint woody undertone. What a wonderful surprise! It's a lovely fruity & spicy tea scent and as soon as we have a little more room in our budget I will be ordering a large bottle.

In the imp: PUNGEANT.

Wet on skin: Still pungeant. Strange and weird, I think the patchouli comes out more on me than others.

Dry on skin: Very spicy and musky. Poo. The mango and tea seem to be struggling to come through. Stupid patchouli. Apparently it's used a lot in incense and it's a natural bug repellent. Great, I'm a giant Raid can.

After a while: The mango, fig and green tea finally broke through. It's kinda strange.

Verdict: 3/5.

My first review! A Mad Tea Party blend, of course...

In the imp: Sweet and fruity, almost melon-y.

Wet on skin: Mmmm melons. Green melons. Oh, there's the spice of the patchouli. Dirty dirty patchouli. It gets stronger and I fear for a moment that it's going to take over and flatten out the fruit-y goodness; I'm finding myself not liking these early notes of patchouli in lab blends. Depraved did the same thing on me.

Dry: After 20 minutes or so, the patchouli recedes again and the notes start to come together. It's a very fresh green fruity scent. The tea keeps it from being overly sweet and the patchouli adds a bit of depth in the background. It's light and pleasant, a comfortable scent that doesn't pull too hard at my attention. It is a little similar to Depraved, which I also really like, but this is a softer, less insistently fruit scent.

Conclusion: The longer I wear Tweedledum, the more I like it. I keep sniffing my wrists and the blend gets more and more complex and delicious. I feel happy, bouncy, such a contrast to the freezing temperatures outside. This isn't a simple fruit scent. Like so many of the other Mad Tea Party scents I've tried, Tweedledum is way more than the sum of his parts.

I like fig scents, but I don't like fruity ones so this really isn't doing it for me. It smells just like Carnal, which I'm pretty on the fence about. I'll keep it around to retry during the summer though.

I love anything Alice in Wonderland and love Beth's scent interpretations of the characters. Tweedledum is a whimsical fruity blend that has that grounded woodiness of patchouli underneath to keep it from spiraling into fruity madness. Very fun and sort of out there, kind of like Tweedledum!

In the bottle: Fruit and patchouli. The mango really *is* green and I can totally detect the fig.

Wet: Patchouli, then green mango in dominance. Green tea and fig present, but less so. Something citrusy fresh - maybe the green mango, but could be something else...

Dry: The patchouli is settling into the light, spicy-sexy kind that works on my skin (not the dirty-hippy type). The fig isn't becoming cloying or heady as it often does, and the green tea is growing. The fresh green mango has faded a bit.

Summary: Light patchouli, exotic fruits which are neither too sweet nor too tart, and green tea. Yum.

Edited by fairnymph

This is bright mango; juicy, orange, tropical. The fig really adds a touch of earthy sweetness and richness to the mango. Something about the combination is buoyant. The patchouli is a strong base to the mango and fig, and I only get the barest hint of tea, which adds a nice soothing layer of calm. This is delightful!

I absolutely adore Tweedledum! I tried it on, loved the smell of the fruit, it's very light and airy and sooo yummy, I couldn't stop sniffing myself! It seemed to fade pretty quickly, but I also didn't slather it on (had a bad experience the day before with the scent that would not DIIIIEEE).

This is going on the bottle list!

In Vial: Whoa! Smells a bit like rotten fruit

ON Skin: Smells like ripe cantelope. Interesting. Something smells like dirt in the background.

Later: I think the dirt smell was the patchouli. It smells more like incense, but that seems to be the drydown note. The fruit has disappeared. It now smells like an incense perfume.

sweeeeeet candy. this smells a lot like blackberry cough syrup. obviously I am not reading any of the real notes in this blend, which happens on occasion. I will say that i got to smell this when I was more early on in bpal so maybe my nose was less "toned" than it is now!!!! Very rarely am I this "off" in scent testing now!!! but hey, that's what i wrote....i almost feel like apologizing and retesting it!

however, i really did not like it the first time. ick.

In the Imp (wet): The patchouli and fig are pretty strong, and I'm not sure I will like this scent much.

On me: I am usually quite weary of scents with patchouli, as they are a hit-and-miss with me. But Tweedledum has such a yummiest to it that seems almost syrupy. It's thick and decadent, with a hint of childish mischief and madness.

Mmmm....in the imp, this is sweet, ripe, mouthwatering. I can smell the Mango most prominently from the imp. Wet on the skin this just unfurls. The fig and mango are seamlessly blended, making a luxurious fruit salad on divinity's table. The patchouli adds a barely there dark note which grounds everything. The tea is steaming in a cup, bringing the occasional waft, but nothing prominent. Good-gahhhh this is sexy. Reminds me slightly of Urd, minus the heavy incense notes.

Tweedledum fades rather quickly, about two hours on my skin. It's one of those you want to reapply often anyway, because the wet phase is so deliicious. Bottle-worthy indeed! :P

Yay for Lab frimps! This one has been patiently waiting for me to exit floral and hyper-berry mode. I'm finally here. In the imp this is bright, tart Mango, which no other fruit can compete with IMO. Perfect replica. On the skin it is more of the same initially, but after a minute or so the Fig comes out strong. It never overpowers the Mango, and they go together really well. Patchouli is the last to make its appearance, but it never does more than ground the blend. No sign of *dirty patchouli*, *head shops*, or any of the other accusations commonly hurled at Patchouli notes. Bottle-worthy and beautiful.

Edited by Indig0

In the imp: Fresh Mangos

On Me: It starts off with a nice strong sweet mango smell and then slowly mellows out to this very light mango tea like scent. Its wonderfully fun and fruity, I just wish it was stronger, though I do think that this would do very nicely as a lotion! I might even just use up the rest of this imp just for that :P

I don't like it as well as Tweedledee. It smells like mango tea for the most part, but there's an undertone of erasers (fig?) that makes the scent smell like cheap fruit scented erasers. Sigh.

In The Bottle

Sharp and fruity

On Application

I really get the tea on first application, which is great as I seem to be having difficulty getting ANY tea in the tea blends so far.

Dry Down

Sweetens as it warms. This is not too fruity with the fig and the patchouli keeping it grounded and slightly earthy - almost becomes a bit peppery towrds the end of the drydown. This is really unusual and absolutely wonderful. Love, love, love! :P

Rating (0-5)

In the imp: Mango and fig.

Wet: Mango and green tea with a hint of patchouli.

Dry: More patchouli and green tea with some fruity goodness.

Overall: I like Tweedledee a lot more, but Tweedledum's all right.

In bottle/imp: Bright, sweet mango and smooth fig.

Immediately on skin: The mango is the strongest note in this, and damn is it sweet. In the back lingers smooth fig which tones down the mango the tiniest bit, and a little earty patchouli. The green tea is very light, but I can smell it swirling through this blend.

After a little while: The sweetness of the mango has lessened a bit, but the patchouli has come out more. This is a gritty, sweet fruity scent now with a bit of the fig blending in. The green tea is just about gone... there's only a hint of its freshness in the blend.

Overall Impressions: This scent is sweet, fruity, fresh, and a bit gritty. I liked the scent at first, but I'm not a patchouli fan so after that note came out pretty strongly on the drydown, I didn't really like it anymore. I think for those who like fruity scents and don't dislike patchouli, though, this could be a very fun scent.

I ordered an imp of this, along with Tweedledee, mainly because I love all things Alice. I'm pleasantly surprised at how much I love this! The mango, fig, and tea are a yummy, delicious combo. The patchouli isn't troublesome at all. The scent is very familiar, like some kind of candy, maybe. I absolutely love it!

Tart, sweet mango sliced into a glass of black tea! I know it's supposed to be green tea, but I swear it smells like a strong black java tea. The patchouli is a light, barely detectable spicy earthiness. Oh fig, why can I never find you in any blends? :P

I would have LOVED this scent in high school, and think that it might be really nice for a gift for a young lady, fun and fruity.

In the vial it`s dark and deep mango, wet the patchouli comes out, hello patchouli, to burn off quicky and disappear leaving the mango and the fig deliciously free. The green tea is in the background and I kept on smiling and sniffing my arm in the train, without shame.

I love mango and figs and can`t be objective about Tweedledum, a fruity morning slatherer.

In the Bottle: Sweet mango

On My Wrist: Dries down to patchouli with a hint of sweet mango and fig. No tea.

Overall: Light throw. I wish the fruit was more obvious on my skin but apparently my chemistry amps up the patchouli.