Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Sweet cream, white fig, sugar cane, honey, vanilla silk, sugared oats, and almond cakes.

I blind bottled this because it sounded nice and this review is based on trying it right outta the mailbox like a goblin.

Snoof in the bottle: CAKE

Immediately upon putting on skin:  ALMOND CAKE! If I really huff it aggressively I can detect the oat in the back of my nose.

After an hour: Still ALMOND CAKE. Oat stays in the back. Definitely sweetened with honey. The honey is thin and mild, like a drizzle of light clover honey whipped into fluffy cream icing. It's not thick "chewy" honey or dark buckwheat honey. The whole thing is very, very sweet like you would expect from something with notes that include honey, sugar, and cake.

3 hours later: Mostly same scent, starting to fade. A little more vanilla-y when I get right up on it. It's creamy and foody like vanilla bean frosting.

Throw is on the larger side of medium for the first couple hours. Doesn't fill the room, but can be smelled clearly at an arm's length. I recommend only using a little dab of it or else it may become overwhelming. You may need to reapply if you want to smell it all day.

As laughing seagull states above… almond cake. There is a lot of honey and paired with the almond and sugar, it’s very sweet. On the skin after about 30 minutes, there is a smidge of oats but I had to really seek it out.  

High-end, classy Honey Nut Cheerios. 

I’m not mad about it. 

I dub this a great “summer foodie” scent because it’s not too strong and would be refreshing on a hot day, but it’s still got that nice foodie kick. 

So, immediately upon sniffing I got... baklava for some reason. I absolutely get the comparison to almond cake that's been talked about. But for me my mind went to baklava. Once on, it smelled like baklava with dried fruits (or maybe a nutty version of Turkish Delight) and a depth of familiarity that I was struggling to put my finger on... until I did... Milk Moon (2007, but probably other iterations too). Is it the fig creating that undertone of dry fruit? It is actually quite light on me and fades fairly fast, for a cake-like smell, which usually sticks to me. I somehow have once again missed the vanilla (and also the oats this time). 

After some time: The foodiness and indeed nuts in this settle down and take a back seat, morphing into something lovely and slightly less sweet. It becomes more powdery (vanilla silk?) and almost a little floral (blossom honey?).

Edited by Shadowdawn

Honey, oats and vanilla silk on me! Vanilla silk reminds me of soy milk. I'm actually not getting any almonds or cake! Basically.. pancakes with lots of honey syrup and a tall glass of soy milk! Surprised the fig is totally absent on me. 

edit: I added more on my arm and suddenly it's a bowl of cream?? Literally all I smell is cream now. 

Edited by wolf_truffles

Freshly on, this is thickly creamy almond oats on my skin... immediately bringing to mind both Almond Blossoms and Nightingale, as though it were their love child.

As with Nightingale, my skin amps the crazy out of Precious Beauty's oats, making an intense vanilla-creamy oatmeal on me. My skin makes this an almond version of Nightingale's cardamom oatmeal... It's all the cozy winter breakfast you could wish for. I really enjoy the cream in this, Almond Blossoms and Nightingale.

Drydown brings out more of the honey, sugar, and cake -- so it's breakfast with honey cakes for dessert.

This blend is essentially bottled Winter Comfort Food to me.

2 hours ago, Casablanca said:

Almond Blossoms and Nightingale, as though it were their love child.

Yup, I can totally see this. I don’t find it to be an OMG FOODIE scent, but it’s delightfully warm and very comforting. I just wish it lasted longer on my skin.

This is more of a dessert scent on me, where Nightengale landed in more of a breakfasty place. It has a smooth, creamy quality. Almond cakes seem to be the most prominent, and I would love to get more fig.

Wet, this smells exactly like a bear claw or an almond croissant. It is strong, sweet almond with a buttery, flaky bread note. The waft does have a rich, sugary fig note, but I don't really smell it as well when I'm sniffing my wrist. As it dries, the bear claw disappears and I'm left with a sweet steamed milk note, the same one that's in Snake Milk. The milk is sweetened, but it's not overwhelmingly honeyed or anything.

The transformation from almond pastry to steamed milk is pretty wild since the almond pastry was so realistic. I never got much in the way of oats, so this seems like a perfume that really changes based on your skin chemistry. I was nervous that it was going to be too similar to Hildegard's Cakes of Joy or Nightingale, but it's not at all. There's not much in the way of spice here, which I think is what sets it apart for me.

I went a similar direction as frizzlechicken, thinking 'fancy Lucky Charms'. It's oaty, sugared, with lots of vanilla.  On my skin the almond comes out (stays nutty, not cherryish!) And just a tiny bit of fig comes out, gives a bit of chewy sweetness. A really delightful gourmand-ish. It's elegant and homey at the same time. 

Sweet cream, and the lab’s lovely soothing oat note, with hints of almond and fig. I just love their oat blends! Like Gunpowder or Sweet Lavinia’s Risalamande (well that’s rice but it’s similar – creamy, comforting grains).  The creamy cereal blends are so dear to my heart! Definitely need to stock up on this!

This goes on as buttery oats and cream on me at first, followed by the fig, giving me breakfast vibes. Then the almond cake joins in (way more almond than cake, and it's marzipan-like), and it's a fig-touched almondy gourmand concoction on me for a while, and although the almond loses strength over time, it never disappears completely on me. The vanilla silk note shows up by the end of the day, and I believe it is the same one in Impressions of the Floating World. It's sheer and somewhat musky, to my nose. But it's not as strong as the buttery oats and cream, which have reasserted their dominance by the end of the day.

I'm glad I got to try this, but I don't think I need another buttery oat scent, and I'd appreciate it more without the fig that was pretty strong on me in the beginning. I'd love to see the almond cake note pop up again in another scent, though!

Sweet almond pastry cream! It's really nice, especially if you like warm foodie scents, which I do! I don't get too much fig, maybe just a little murmur of dark fruit. It's very similar to Nightingale, but a little sweeter - there's no cardamom here, and more almond and sweet cream.