Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Sweet myrrh, saffron, red labdanum, ambrette seed, terebinth resin, Damascus rose, honey, cardamom, and cacao-infused patchouli.

This smells ancient in a wonderful way, very evocative of the artwork! 

The myrrh hits first and then the rest of the notes whoosh to life, as though you are stepping into the lovingly prepared resting place of the Egyptian cat. Softly sweetened and spiced resins - that terebinth! - all cozily entombed. It's quite comforting, and stays close to the skin.

In the bottle I get the cacao and the terebrith resin, and a bit of the honey shows up when wet on the skin.

As it dries the myrrh gets stronger but the cacao is still there.

Once dry there is a faint touch of honey, lots of myrrh and some labdanum, with dry cacao and the tenebrith peeking through. After an hour or so I finally get the patchouli coming through, with tenebrith and the cacao still there. Not much throw but it does last a while.

This goes on myrhh and spiced cocoa but within five minutes dries down to powder and dried rose petals. Five minutes after that and I can smell last nights scent under it, but Obsequies is all gone… ☹️ It all happens so fast I am left without not much opinion on the whole of it. I hope it has staying power on others and i can follow reviews to find out what it smelled like on a wrist that didnt absorb the entire profile. Wore close those ten minutes. Then Poof! 

wet, i catch a lot of myrrh, cacao, and pine-needle tangy terebinth, with occasional whiffs of a smooth lovely patchouli and some dry crackly cardamom that pulls a lot more kitchen-spice-rack than cardamom sometimes can.  

as it dries everything just really meshes together.   there's this velvety soft dry incensy cacao-myrrh base that reminds me a bit of Velvet, and which is making this kind of powdery in a good way. that terebinth is staying close to the surface though, and it's keeping my nose very interested.

in general i tend to clash with rose, but i'm really not getting a whole lot of it here until hours in,  and then only really close to the skin. 

i like this.  i feel like we need to take some time to become better acquainted,  because there's a lot to unpack.  every time i've tried it, it presents a different aspect. today it's a lot of terebinth,  which i'm really loving. 

Oh this is beautiful! Upon application, this scent swirls around me with the myrrh most prominent, but quickly combined with the other notes to make a glorious scent evocative of ancient times. I get the same vibe from this that I do from OLLA Eve... Something ancient and mysterious, with the swirling spices, patchouli, and rose. This wears beautifully on me .. good throw and long lasting. Backup bottle worthy!