Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Noisy Goose Moon 2022

Down-soft vanilla marshmallow with a honking loud, irascible blast of white frankincense, banana, spiced rum, and sugar cane.

In  The Bottle: The vanilla marshmallow is front and center, but that banana is coming up as a close second. I happen to love the Lab's banana note(s) generally, so the inclusion here was a big reason why I grabbed a bottle- so far, so good!

Wet On Skin: The sugar cane enters the fray, and it pulls the banana into taffy territory (see what I did there?). Fortunately, unlike some candy notes, these two elements together are at present NOT going plastic on me. I am keeping my fingers crossed!

Dry Down: THERE'S  the frankincense. I was starting to wonder if it would show up at all. Sometimes frank can become way too sharp and aggressive on me. That's not happening here, and I suspect that white  frankincense is somehow a more gentle version. That's the good news. The sadder news is that the banana appears to have vanished entirely upon full drydown. 😭 

In All: Low throw on this- slather to your heart's content. If you were a fan of scents like the long-gone Pink Plastic Flamingo, you will be delighted with this lightly sweet confection. I really was in this for the banana, so I'll let it age a time and re-test, but if the fruit doesn't come back for me, alas, I shall have to send 'er off to the swap pile...:cry2:

I am so deeply in love with this and I want at least one more bottle to hoard.  The banana isn't a sickly candy note or fake smelling at all.  It has all the creamy sweetness of a perfectly ripe banana, but it also has a fresh, cool, clean edge to it that I get from peeling the actual fruit.  It goes through a stage where it's freshly sliced bananas over vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of silky, caramelized rum sauce.  I was worried about the spiced part of the rum, but this never turns aggressively spicy.  The white frankincense is so beautiful and it really starts to come through in the drydown, softly smoky wafts of golden resin.  The drydown actually reminds me a lot of "Dark Chocolate, Madagascar Vanilla, Haitian Vetiver, Benzoin and Champaca," which is one of my favorite bpal scents.  The banana fades away and I'm left with creamy, sweet vanilla and white frankincense with a tiny hint of warm spice that really just enhances the warmth of the frankincense.  It's like white chocolate left in a temple with the most beautiful, soft resin smoke wafting around it.  Gorgeous.

This is fresh out of the mail, because who among us does not immediately rip that package open and begin sniffing, only to come upon one you have to try right this second? For me, this is that one.

Wet and in the bottle: Ooooh, the banana + vanilla marshmallow combo smells so much like banana Laffy Taffy! Be still my beating heart. I'll admit I kept huffing at it at this stage, since I love that smell and am expecting it to go away swiftly based on the other reviews. I can already see myself applying this over and over just to get at that banana goodness. 

On drydown, the banana does start to fade away as expected, and it becomes pretty much as described at this point. I will say though, I can still smell the banana, it's caught up in the marshmallow. It's very faint and the smell is closer to real banana but it is there. Mostly though, this is a soft vanilla marshmallow, a surprisingly calm frankincense, sugarcane, and spiced rum that someone managed to calm all the way down. The rum here is warm, but the spices are very gentle and aren't going all spice bomb on me-a huge win. So it just gives the whole thing a slightly boozy quality. This is sweet, but not overly so, and warm and dare I say, cuddly? 

It's also very light with a low throw with a normal application, which means, like the Violet Chaos pointed out: slather as thou wilt. You will not be bothering anyone. I also swear the more you slather, the more banana you get once dry. But YMMV, it could totally be that the banana is just taking longer to dissipate with so much on. Either way, I adore this, and back-ups are going in the cart.

Edit. Hours later this is still around, but at this point it's more vanilla'd frankincense than anything else. Still a nice smell.

Edited by Beary Strange

In the bottle it is all banana toffee chews.

Wet on the skin I get really good quality banoffee pie, with real bananas and a proper bitter caramel note.

As it dries the marshmallow finally appears for me, with a gentle rum note and a hint of the frankincense.

This goose is strangely well behaved so it must be plotting something.

Is anyone else getting pink bubblegum from this? It's definitely there for me! It also reminds me quite a bit of Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo. And layers upon layers of sugar - whipped sugar, caramelized sugar, fermented sugar, fruit sugar. The banana is a great twist, especially before this scent dries down. As someone who amps cinnamon, I was worried about the spice, but it's pretty subtle this time -- I think the frankincense tames it quite a bit. This is a very fun gourmand; a kid could wear this.

Noisy Goose Moon goes on as a short-lived blast of banana and booze from the rum on me, but those notes are quickly overtaken by the white frankincense, which I believe is the same frankincense from Venus Caelestis. The sugar cane ends up joining in next and cozying up to the frankincense, giving me even more Venus Caelestis vibes, but with hints of banana. But the banana does not stick around, and it is a frankincense and sugar cane party on me, with some vanilla marshmallow adding some floof to the scent after several hours of wear.

I would not say this is a banana scent. The banana is just for the beak that honks, but it does not represent the whole goose! :P Although I wish the banana stuck around longer, this is a really lovely scent. I'll have to deathmatch it with Venus Caelestis (which has lemon peel instead of banana) to see if I need more of this, but I think I might.

Edited by doomsday_disco

Sugary banana-nana-nanana rum. Although I'm not really getting a pastry note, the sugary banana with a bit of spice keeps bringing my brain back to Banana Bread, which I finished a whole bottle of at some point. I keep thinking this is a rum-spiked Banana Bread---never mind the reality of the notes.

As usual for the fruit, the banana is fairly short-lived. When it flies south for the winter, it leaves behind a warm, mildly spiced vanilla-poof rum, a rum with a sugary bit of marshmallow floof and, later, a hint of white frankincense. It's soft, and an enticing skin scent for summer. While I liked the opening, I'm actually most drawn to it from this point on, and considering a bottle.

In the bottle this smells like a delightfully silly but strong cocktail. The boozy rum and the banana don't last long. Frankincense flounces down into a poofy vanilla marshmallow bed with the sugarcane and these are the three notes that are sticking around. I don't particularly love marshmallow or frankincense on their own, but they go well together here.

The poofy floofy marshmallow takes me in the direction of A Place of Seeing somehow, paired with sugary frank instead of sandalwood and floral. 

I really love this. In the bottle, BANANA! And sugared rum. On the skin, the banana recedes and it becomes a vanilla-y, marshmallow-y, slightly boozy banana dessert. I do wish the banana stuck around in the foreground a bit longer, but it's really lovely. As noted above, frankincense can be pretty strong and was the only note that gave me slight pause, but I'm glad I got this. My only "quibble" is it's not very loud at all, it sticks pretty close to the skin and doesn't seem to have a lot of longevity, yet. Aging will probably help this though (my experience with most BPALs). 

the banana disappears before i can finish saying banana, which is a little sad because it was pretty fun and whimsical while it lasted.  but what i'm left with is likely a much more wearable perfume:  soft, sweet vanilla incense and powdered sugar, with just an undercurrent of well-behaved rum and a mere suggestion of a sassafras-like spice.  a very soft and gentle scent overall. 

In the decant: Banana and nail polish remover. Oof. Once on, whatever is giving the impression of nail polish remover calms down, and the sweet, vanilla-y marshmallow notes start to come out more. After drydown, it's primarily a sweet, floofy vanilla with a hint of boozy bite in the background. Turned out better than expected, so I'll hang onto my decant.

I'm seeing this relisted everywhere-- not sure if that means everyone liked it or everyone didn't like it! Hot damn this is good. It smells like fake banana candy in the most satisfying way. That's not a note I would have purposely sought out, but I had a "ehhhh, what the hell, I can spend a couple dollars to try something different" moment when getting some decants, and this has become one of my most memorable BPALs. I've never had anyone be like "oo-wee, what's that FAKE BANANA?!" or anything, so I guess I'm fine? Haha.

Edited by vanilla_fiend

Wet: banana laffy taffy and an orange circus peanut candy. Yes, you can smell the foam texture of the peanut candy.

Dry: calms down very quickly into a light vanilla with a hint of marshmallow and the faintest tinge of banana, and rum?

Very close to the skin, with that touch of frankincense peeking out at the end. I wish it would have lasted longer, and I'm surprised I liked it.

Edited by Biocarbons

Sweet and creamy with a little spice. I only really get the banana upon application, it fades pretty quickly. This doesn't last all day, but I really like it.

The sweet floffy banana rum belts out with delight. then settles quickly into soft Frankincense. I wish the marshmallow banana rum lasted longer or played in the frankincense during dry down, but I can't find any.