Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Psionicist

This one is one of the stranger ones I've tried in the sense that this smells like watery musk. You get a mentholic vapor tinge on wet, but then it dries to what seems like an almost electric water musk. I mean, I suspect that water that an electric eel just zapped would sort of smell like this. Very gender neutral. Good throw and wear length.

Wet: It smells like lightening and water.  It definitely has a tinge of ozone and then there comes the mint. This glorious mild mint, with ozone, and water and lightening.  It is legitimately magical!

:wub3::wub3::wub3:

I get a really soft watery mint, not very chilling or mentholic. The eucalyptus so very soft as well, with a faint snap of ozone. To me this is a steady electric buzz rather than a jolt. This will definitely be upgraded to a bottle . 

The note list for Psionicist starts out like my list of death notes, so I knew this would not work on me.  I prefer not to wear mint or eucalyptus, and white musk is usually not good on me either.  I can see where this might be appealing if you like these notes.  It's not sharp or mentholic, more cool and a little otherworldly, and it lasted well on me.  

Psionicist is a eucalyptus-y, mint-y scent on a bed of powdery musk and pale frankincense. It's a refreshing, clean scent that isn't bracing: eucalyptus leaf isn't as strong as straight-up eucalyptus, and white mint is one of the softer varieties.

This would pair well with Screeching Revenant or Juniper Mint HG (but especially the former).

I don't need a bottle, but I will be hanging on to my imp for RPG layering purposes and for the days that I feel I need a refreshing, clean sort of scent.

Edited by doomsday_disco

Misty mint. I am really picky about eucalyptus and mint because they can be so overpowering, but this is lovely! I agree with other reviews that this is kind of watery and electric; it has zing to it, but is light and almost ethereal. Will definitely hang onto my imp, at the least. 

Edited by feyofthefellwood

Important: This needs time to settle on your skin.

Wet, this is a revolting, screechy generic perfume smell.

After dry down, it becomes a light, slightly sweet (frankincense), eucalyptus and ozone scent over a clean, thin musk.

I find something about it to be antiseptic and clinical and headache inducing, but on the right person it would smell delicately ethereal and unsettling.

I was worried this wouldn't work for me since in general, I don't like eucalyptus on me--too medicinal--and mint usually fades very quickly. Frankincense also tends to go sweet on me in a way I find cloying.  I am a gamer, though, and so I have been a total sucker for trying all of the RPG scents. In the vial this is truly a scent interpretation of psionic energy, crackling and cool. Wow, does it zing!

When it's first on my skin, it's like being hit with a refreshing blast of electric cool aquatics. To me, this is the perfect summer scent. The eucalyptus is not forward at all. It provides just a tingly hint of backdrop for watery musk, and the mint is lively. Maybe white frankincense is different enough from the lab's usual type not to do that cloying thing, because there's no hint of it here.

It dries gorgeous, not morphing much on me from the wet phase and not really fading much, either. For all of its zing, it has low throw but long staying power. I'm very glad I ignored my general dislike of some of the notes, because it works so well for my chemistry. Can't wait to try layering it with some of the alignment scents and see how it plays with them.

In the bottle this was sharp-sharp white musk with a little bit of eucalyptus. When wet on the skin I got wisps of ozone, which was fascinating -- truly the smell of air during a thunder-and-lightning storm. On me that faded quickly into eucalyptus and mint.

On its own, this was a little too masculine for me. However: I tried layering it with Lawful (which I really enjoy on its own) and WHEW are the two together ever beautiful!! 

Lawful has got a clean sweetness to it when dry, and together they are crisp sweet watery goodness. A lovely combo for hot, humid days.

I bought a fresh imp of this from the lab.  In the bottle, it smelled like men's shaving cream.

Two wand-swipes on my skin continued to smell like men's shaving cream.  The dry down also smells like men's shaving cream.  Hours later, it still smells like men's shaving cream.

I highly recommend this if you're a huge fan of men's shaving cream.