Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Berzerker

This just smells like forest musk. You get that fur smell, musky, and the juniper sort of makes me think of the forest? I think either Black Forest or the Jersey Devil smell similar, but this one is muskier. Medium throw and wear length.

Berzerker is trees, trees with broken branches, trees animals have rubbed against while rutting.  There is a faint tang of blood and soft leather, but they are definitely in the background -- don't be scared off by this if leather is not your thing, it isn't strong here at all.  Also, juniper is the one evergreen note I shy away from, but in combination with the poplar it is somewhat tamed here, more like "evergreen" than "juniper" or "gin."  This one definitely leans manly though I enjoyed wearing it, as someone who often gravitates towards unisex scents.  Zanzoku_Zen's "forest musk" is an excellent description.  

My sister let me sample this one, and I liked it much more than I expected. Where I grew up, the forest was mostly juniper and pinyon pine, and the juniper in this really gives me a nostalgia trip. It's fresh and woodsy and realistic. I agree that this one leans a bit manly, but it's very pleasant and would probably be fun to layer.

In the vial it's sharp evergreen with animal musk and a tinge of blood. I am not to sure about how it will play with my skin chemistry. Blood notes on me are typically a little too real and not in a sexy or nice way.

Wet, it's the poplar that comes up on me way more than juniper. It's a rather dry, wood scent. The leather is the leather in Sade, and it amps quite a bit. Thankfully, the blood does not amp on me for once, and the musk isn't overpowering.

This stays a skin scent throughout. I get almost no throw. After a few hours, it's a hint of forest and nothing more. I like it, but I have other similar scents I like more.

In the imp: Juniper, the sharp metal from the axe, musky leather.

On me: I'm getting the above notes, but it smells sharper on me since my skin chemistry doesn't handle metallic notes very well. Over time, the leather and fur notes come out more and become the dominant notes, backed by the cologne-y metal from the axe. The foresty notes, which were present at first, are barely there after several hours of wear. This scent is unisex to masculine.

Verdict: Berzerker is not a scent I would elect to wear on its own, but I'll hang on to the imp to test it out with other RPG scents.