Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

At first I was convinced there was peach in this, but it is just my nose getting confused by the berries. This is a bright and summery, yet warm and cosy, blackcurrant with amber on me! Sort of in the same family as my signature scent Mouse's Long and Sad Tale, but fresher because of the fruit. Needless to say I love it.

The vanilla is not plasticky or cloying in any way - in fact, it stays solidly in the background for me, and I am only getting the faintest trace of something that could be the sandalwood. The blackcurrant is the main player.

The throw is medium, I would say.

Wet: First sniff, this reminds me of sipping a mixed drink while sitting outside in the summer. The blackcurrant and bourbon vanilla(and make no mistake on the "bourbon" vanilla) are both pretty strong here, and the amber is giving an overall warmth to the blend. I like this.

Dry: Not much change on the dry down; the blackcurrant seems to have strengthened, but that's the only change to my nose.

I really like this! This will be a big bottle upgrade at some point.

This perfume is bolder and foodier than I expected.  My skin broadcasts sweetened blackcurrant and bourbon vanilla for the first hour.  After that, sandalwood peeks through but stays very close while the sweetened blackcurrant and bourbon vanilla keep their throw.  

I love bpal's black currant, and this is tons of delicious, sweet-yet-sour black currant.  It smells like dark, ripe, sweet berries, bursting with juiciness, and that musky, sour hint that currants have.  It's about 90% currant on my skin and 10% a dry sandalwood and warm amber.  I'm perfectly happy with it ^_^ 

This smells like black currant and amber. It's a purple, jammy, sort of blend. With a whiff of vanilla to sweeten it. But yeah, purple currants. Juicy, fresh, delicious. Great throw and wear length.

Anathema Device features a strong, juicy blackcurrant note that remains the star of the show on me after several hours of wear, with a little dusty sandalwood and warm amber lingering in the background. I get more white sandalwood than amber from this. The vanilla is not a main player on me.

This one is definitely one for the berry fans. I think it's pleasant, but I know it's something I wouldn't reach for, since berry-dominant scents aren't really my thing.