Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The Rising Sun. She is Ostara, Easter, the Anglo-Saxon goddess of fertility and the dawn. She is a protector and friend to all children. Her scent is that of softly glowing skin, jasmine, buttercup and honeysuckle.

First Impression: Soft white floral.

Second Impression: This is a jasmine scent for people who don't like jasmine. It's so soft and subtle. The buttercup and honeysuckle play center stage. This is very feminine and pretty.

Final Analysis: Perfect Easter/springtime scent. Lovely.

In the bottle: Radiant and sunny honeysuckle. I remember that my mother taught me how to pull the flower out and suck the sweet nectar from inside of the little yellow and white flowers. My grandparents had a vine on their fence, I think, and we visit in the summer and drink the nectar.

Wet: It gets more jasmine when I put it on my skin, which is fine as I love jasmine as well as honeysuckle. This oil has a nice throw, too. There's more honeysuckle and something under it that's sweeter that has to be the buttercup. This is a fairly strong, heady floral but not one of those that I'm allergic to. It just says yellow as it should being the embodiment of the sun.

Dry down: More jasmine now. I was kinda hoping the honeysuckle might be the prominent note as I have Ave Maria to provide me with my jasmine fill. But the jasmine is tempered by both the honeysuckle and the buttercup. Still not as noticeable as I'd like but a very nice scent overall. Very, very happy and yellow and just warm.

Dry: It's sweeter now as the notes become closer to one scent rather than trying to upstage each other the way they were earlier. More of the honeysuckle, which is a very good thing. A nice scent. It's kinda light and summery and warm. Very pretty. It's more of a heavy floral than I usually like as most of my floral favs are tempered with tea orherbs or fruits. But I could see myself wearing this. I don't think it's big bottle worthy, but I'm glad I have the imp. It does have the slightly bad characteristic of reminding me of a candle or a Glad Plug-in, but that's probably just me trying to relate it to something I've smelled.

ETA: And, as always with me, the scent is different from wrist to wrist. My left is mostly jasmine and the right if predominantly honeysuckle. As long as my skin divides fragrances like this every perfume is really two in one. :P

Eos is indeed about the dawn; think morning sun making diamonds out of dewdrops that quiver on small yellow flowers.

Sweetened by the honeysuckle, jasmine isn't overbearing here. I don't remember what a buttercup smells like, exactly, but I think it's the note that helps the honeysuckle simplify this scent while making it so ... well, petal-like. Soft and simple, but more durable in its fragility than we may realize.

I'm not a jasmine fan at all. It's one of the many "white florals" that gives me a headache, and it's just not something I typically enjoy. With the honeysuckle and buttercup here, and what might be just a touch of white musk, it's stellar. The jasmine doesn't jump in and take over, which is a rarity on me, so Eos stays serene and lovely throughout its wearing. It also doesn't go soapy.

I've had Eos on my wrist for almost two hours, and it hasn't faded much at all. Another nice surprise, since honeysuckle and wildflowers tend to go fast. Good staying power, warm floral serenity in a jar - can't go wrong with a combination like that! In spite of my usual jasmine aversion, this was a 5 ml. purchase the day after my imp arrived.

The description of this scent is absolutely dead-on. This is exactly what I imagined this scent would smell like. The part about protecting children, this is a scent that would have absolutely enchanted me when I was a little girl, and I find it enchanting now!

In the Bottle:

Dominant notes: fresh, succulent honeysuckle, delicate jasmine. There is also a soft, creamy yellow floral note here which could only be the buttercup. Gorgeous.

Impressions: Fresh, radiant and sweet. The honeysuckle in this blend is the one that I hoped and failed to find in Old New Orleans. This one definately nostalgic, a soft bundle of childhood memories. Gentle yellow florals.

Initial On:

Thankfully, this remains very true to the scent in the bottle. The only appreciable change when wearing is that it warms a bit, and the buttercup becomes more prominent. It's a very unique floral, not white, but yellow. Unique.

After a While:

Persistent notes: All of the florals are consistently present.

Staying power: Very good! I expected this one to fade very quickly given the distribution of notes, but it did not. I believe I will have to reapply, but not constantly.

Overall Impressions:

Nostalgic, sweet (but never even approaches overbearing), warm and yellow and lovely. I must have a big bottle. It's a triumph.

Its odd how much you can miss a scent but not realise until you smell it again. This happened with Honeysuckle, not having smelt it for years, it brought back a lot of memories of trekking through the countryside with my friends.

Its incredibly happy and welcoming, the Jasmine in the blend acts as a subtle base for the Honeysuckle to balance on, whilst the buttercup acts as the accent to hold them together.

The Jasmine did make me feel a little claustrophobic when I put it on initially but after it died down, I was left with a evocative adorable scent.

:P

First off, the reason I bought Eos was not only because I liked all of the notes in it, but the main reason, is my little puppy, Aurora (whom is like a child to me) was named for the Roman Goddess of the Dawn, and thus, the Greek Goddess of the Dawn, Eos, is another little nickname we have for her. We call her Eos at times jokingly....

So I felt like I should order this. All-in-all it captured the spirit of the Goddess, and of Aurora. :P It was fun, carefree, and full of wonderful memories..

Wet: Jasmine and Honeysuckle.

5 minutes : All three of the Jasmine, Honeysuckle, and Buttercup are now even, not fighting, all just blending together... I'm afraid the buttercup makes it smell a bit.... soapy. It's not the Jasmine Or the Honeysuckle either! I know the scents... and the scent of Buttercup, I don't think it's the combo.

10 minutes: The Honeysuckle is coming out a bit more than the others now... the Jasmine and Buttercup are even now.

30 minutes: They're even again

1 hour later: It's still light, airy, summery.

2 Hours later: The Jasmine and Honeysuckle are in the main light again, the buttercup is in the background, and stays that way.... It doesn't change from this point, but I love it!

All-in-all it captured the spirit of the Goddess, and of Aurora. :D It was fun, carefree, and full of wonderful memories..

I felt like I was trekking through the hills with the Goddess Eos herself, she would smell like this scent I believe, Eos, or Aurora, whichever you choose to call her, would smell like this, this scent is beautiful, Beauty personafied, Eos personafied, and it's a happy, lighthearted scent. :D

Edited by Pixie-elf

count me among those who had a nostalgic reaction to this scent. it reminds me of the honeysuckle bush two houses down from my childhood friend's house. we would zoom past on our bikes after swimming in her pool, and we'd turn back around just to suck the honey out of the flowers.

the buttercup does make it somewhat soapy.

for those of you who are into the color association thing, this is the deep golden color of the sun an hour before it sets, when shadows grow longer and flowers seem brighter.

i definitely want to keep this around at least until the summer. the nostalgia i associate with this one is quite lovely.

Edited by diabolique

This is lovely. Sweet, feminine, and beautiful, like bouquets of flowers, long, flowy hair, dappled sunlight, and sweet, powdery skin.

Right out of the bottle, the honeysuckle fragrance is strong and predominant. It's not just a whiff of a honeysuckle bush -- it's thick honeysuckle syrup. Warm, golden springtime captured!

After about a half hour, the jasmine started to come out, making the scent warmer and huskier almost -- a warm, sweet sweet floral bouquet.

After another hour or so, it started to get a bit buttery, and finally, a honeyed note started to come through. The sweet floral scent still predominates, but it's almost like it's crusted with honey. It reminds me a bit of Tiger Lily.

All in all -- this is gorgeous. Spring evokes lots of different things . . . rain, green, freshness, etc. is one aspect. But this blend evokes that other aspect of spring that is the warmness of the sun after a long winter, heating up the earth and causing sweet flowers and nectar to positively BURST from it.

Beautiful . . . will be getting a big bottle.

Edited by summer

In the bottle and wet on my skin- sweet jasmine and honeysuckle. This is sunny, sweet, and very yellow. It really does radiate sunshine. As I'm wearing the honeysuckle is stroner than the jasmine. It's definitely a strong scent, and one which can almost be overwhelming if you sniff too much of it too strongly. But in moderation it's lovely. It softens nicely about an hour into wearing- it's still the sweet honeysucke with jasmine, but a softer version.

I was pleased with this- it's definitely a summery scent, as it radiates warm sunshine. I have what can be called a "sunny" personality, and this suits me very well. Plus, I've had very good luck with BPAL jasmine scents. I never would have known jasmine and I could get on so well.

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this one yet!

This one was EXACTLY what I was hoping for! Soft, sweet, and exactly my kind of florals. Very rich and yellow and sweet.

It lasts well, too, staying true to the orignal dry down scent for many hours, and at the six hour test, I was still smelling like honeysuckle.

It goes on the bottle list for sure!

in the bottle- jasmine and wet buttercups

wet- this smells exactly like the sun rising on a dew-filled meadow in the mountains.

dry- if anything could smell like the color of pale yellow, this would be it. this smells like a bouquet of fresh-picked buttercups, honeysuckle and jasmine.

I love this scent, even though i normally hate florals. This is a perfect scent to wear when you need a comfort or pick-me-up smell.

Sadly, all I got out of Eos both wet and dry was honeysuckle. It was a very sweet and bright honeysuckle but I am looking for more than just one note from these blends.

This is the second time that the honeysuckle note has overpowered everything in a scent; the first was Chiroptera. I will have to be more wary of this note in the future.

Eos is beautiful, sweet and fragile.

The impression is very soft-focus, dusted with pollen; yellow sunshine, cool air, and easily bruised flowers. I'm picking up a grassy note in the background, which stops the fragrance from going sugary sweet on me.

How beautiful! This is an absolute beauty of a scent! As said above, it is a softly golden scent- diffused sunlight through the trees. It warms up gradually and envelops you - the memory of honeysuckle and kids on the playground. I used to escape the melee on the basketball/dodgeball/get smashed into the blacktop court by going off near the fences with 2 or 3 friends, talk about horses and the BabySitters Club ( :P ), and pick honeysuckle.

All in all- a beautiful scent. I'm glad that it's warming up down here so that I can wear it properly.

ETA: I ended up ordering a 5ml to wear this Spring/Summer.

Edited by e_miche

I love Eos!

The buttercup and honeysuckle are the strongest on me. It reminds me of springtime, especially because I have alot of childhood spring memories concerning honeysuckle bushes that grew near my house.

I had to get my hands on an imp of this for religious purposes, but now I may just buy a bottle of it :P

I agree that this is a scent for folks who generally don't like jasmine. It goes on fresh and sweet and hangs close to the skin. I can almost immediately smell the buttercup and honeysuckle but the jasmine is slow and lazy to rise.

It eventually goes a bit soapy on me, but there is nothing offensive at all about this blend. It would be great for someone searching for a CLEAN floral.

Edited by mmcfa2

I am a little wary of jasmine, which is not awful on me but can be a little overpowering; however, I would have bought at least an imp of this no matter what, for I am an Ostara baby and I trust Beth to capture the Equinox in a vial. :P

Yes, Eos is lovely. The jasmine is indeed strong on me (why does it love me so? It's unrequited), which probably means I won't buy a bottle. However, the delicate honeysuckle makes up for a lot...I used to buy the imitation-honeysuckle scented products at B&BW, and at Vic's Secret before they discontinued it, because I love honeysuckle that much. So having the real thing, even amidst jasmine, is a real treat (plus the shy buttercup peeks out on the drydown and helps as well). Eos is soft and sweet, very much a spring scent. I know what imp I'm using on my birthday! :D

Origin:

I was gifted with an imp of this by Fallow Deer. :D

Preconceived notions:

I don't normally do florals, but I can't pass up the chance to try a new scent as long as I'm not allergic to anything in it, so I'll give Eos a whirl. :D

First sniff:

As far as florals go, honeysuckle is one of my favorites (and one of the few I can not only tolerate, but actually like) and that's what I'm getting from Eos straight out of the imp: honeysuckle and not much else. I get a tiny bit of jasmine in the background and I'm not sure what buttercup smells like, but the main note here is definitely honeysuckle.

Wet on skin:

Damn, there goes the honeysuckle the second it hits my skin. Now I'm getting what I suppose must be the buttercup...it's a light, almost creamy floral and, unfortunately, creamy scents are generally a no-no for me because they make me queasy.

Dry down:

Creamy florals and jasmine. Something about creamy scents (with a few exceptions) makes them not set well with me and Eos is no exception to that rule, unfortunately. I like it alright in the imp, but it's just not working on me. :D

The bottom line:

This one's going to have to find a new home. Eos just doesn't like me. :P

I confess that I didn't even consider ordering Eos as I prefer fruity scents so didn't even give it a chance.

Fortunately, I recieved a free imp of this (thanks Heather!)

The jasmine isn't as strong as I was expecting, in fact taking more of a backseat to the honeysuckle and buttercup, which together give a lovely creamy scent that isn't too overpowering. The jasmine is there, but definately not as strong as some other perfumes.

One thing I found when wearing Eos was the uplifting effect it actually had on my mood. I really felt like I was walking in warm springtime sunshine. Planning on ordering a 5ml bottle as a result.

This is truly a lovely lovely perfume.

To me, this was a sweet, soft version of Old New Orleans. Beautiful and floral. Honeysuckle is more prominent over jasmine here, but the caveat is that I wouldn't really recognize the buttercup. A light yellow, like sunshine. Aptly named (isn't Eos some kind of sun god?)

The bad news: A sinus headache to end the world. Not sure if it was the allergens in my area or from the perfume, but I'll hopefully be able to wear it again...it smells so lovely.

Edited by orangepaas

This is very soft and pretty. The buttercup gives it a touch of sweetness. I don't find much of a difference between the bottle and on me; it's fabulous!

Wet this is jasmine, jasmine, and more jasmine.

On my skin, it pretty much stays this way for a while, though once it warms, it deepens and the lighter blossom scents come through. It’s sweet very girlie-perfume-y. Would be too gorgeous on someone else, I'm sure.

Unfortunately, my allergies detest white florals. I knew from the onset that this blend and I would more than likely not get along very well. And, sadly, I was all too correct in the matter.

I love jasmine and white florals, dawn and the image of softly glowing skin so for me, Eos was a no brainer!

I try to conjure up the image of the goddess of fertility, dawn and all when I smell this....but all I am getting is a dottle of jasmine - make that more than a dottle.

There is a sharp edge to this that weirdly, is reminding me of suntan lotion and it is threatening to go soapy on me too...

:P

edited for spelling

Edited by fragrantgrasse