Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The Rising Sun. She is Ostara, Easter, the Anglo-Saxon goddess of fertility and the dawn. She is a protector and friend to all children. Her scent is that of softly glowing skin, jasmine, buttercup and honeysuckle.

In the bottle: I definitely smell the buttercup and honeysuckle.
Wet: Ooooh this is so pretty. The honeysuckle comes out to play and has a great throw. It's definitely a bright floral on me, with the musk underscoring it beautifully. The jasmine plays nice and blends with the buttercup and honeysuckle.
Dry down: All musky, buttery and honey sweet.

Well, I've gotten three frimps of this scent on my orders, so I might as well review it today. In the imp: soft honeysuckle and buttercup, not really getting the jasmine all that much.

On skin: oh so sweet florals. It reminds me of springtime when I used to live in MD, there were honeysuckles and buttercups growing wild everywhere in my neighborhood and this scent brings back fond memories of childhood. The jasmine in this blend is not very strong, as opposed to the scent of Luna, it's more like a breath of jasmine. This scent sticks very close to the skin, but it's very pretty, pale yellow and purples and pinks, just like a sunrise. I like this and I might consider getting a bottle for springtime use and nostalgia. :P

Oops! Appears I never reviewed this one.

I was very excited about this, being a bit of a classics geek and having occasionally translated passages about the rosy fingers of the dawn.

Unfortunately, this is the only BPAL that I can really say -horrified- me. :P

I presume that if you love Jasmine, this is absolutely for you - and I would recommend it. Unfortunately, jasmine is my enemy, and thus it went directly to my swap pile.

I adore this scent. It's lovely and warm, and all three notes blend perfectly together for me once it dries. And it lasts for hours! I put it on once in the morning and I could still smell it at night when I went to bed. I will definately be getting a bottle of this. :P

How could I not have reviewed this scent before? I :P Eos :) :D :D

In the bottle - sweet honeysuckle. I love honeysuckle. On my skin, the honeysuckle is sharp at first, but it dries into a beautiful yellow scent of perfectly melded honeysuckle, jasmine, and buttercup. This is the scent of sunshine. This is the scent I wear to brighten a grey day, so I have sunshine wafting about me (all day, this one lasts and has good throw!), or to match a beautiful sunny summer afternoon. If you need some sunlight in your life, this scent is for you.

A lot of florals tend to not sit well on me, and Eos is no exception, unfortunately. I'm heartbroken that Creed Love in White smells something like wet dog on me after five minutes, and I'm sad, though not surprised, that this one turned bad. It's not as nasty as wet dog, but there's something sharp, almost stinky in there when it's on my skin... like sunscreen but with a jaggedness. Damn my body chemistry.

EDIT: It was a frimp in my last order.

Edited by FlyingCoffin

Today is the first *full* day of spring, so its a good time to wear Eos. This is such a bright, cheerful, golden scent. Wet, its honeysuckle with a touch of jasmine. As it dries, the skin musk and buttercup (I think its buttercup...I never realized they smell so pretty!) come forward. Eos is sunshine in a bottle, a lovely scent for this time of year. :P

I didn't think i'd like this one because i'm not overly fond of florals. But I got it as a frimp and I actually like it a lot! :P

Hmm... when it first went on it was very strong and jasmine-y but now it's faded a little I can smell the honeysuckle much more, with the buttercup being very faint. Will be lovely when the weather decides that spring should finally arrive.

In the vial: a soft summer floral

On me: nightblooming jasmine, mint. Mmm, smells like the Med sea. The ocean. And like a natural version of my favorite beauty product. Sea Plasma by Focus 21.

wet, it smells... sour. Acidic. I thought "i'm not going to like this".

Once on my skin, it smelled too strongly floral. One of those "old lady scents". But there was definitely no soapiness, so that's good.

After a few minutes, it smells as if God had come back to Earth and improved jasmine.

On me, the scent doesn't change much. It is moderately long-lasting (maybe a few hours) but it's discreet.

Edited by Nia

In the vial:

Soft musk

On me:

Didn't expect much from this because of the jasmine. But far be it from me to pass up the chance to try an oil I haven't tried yet. The jasmine is doing it's thing - which is not pleasant on me, but hey - if jasmine works on you and you enjoy it, try this one. I like the musk I smell underneath this all - it's soft, airy, very natural feeling and close to the skin. This has a very Spring like feeling to it with the soft and playful florals and the slight sweetness of musk. I don't mean candy sweet, but the kind of sweet smell that skin can have.

Final note:

Not for me, but if I enjoyed jasmine this would be very nice.

Easter is something that's especially meaningful to me, & I had to pass on tracking down Ostara due to honey issues, so I had high hopes when I got this decant of Eos (kisses for rabid hauteur!)

It's a nice, sweet, gentle floral - the jasmine is most prominent, but the buttercup lends it this pale yellow sort of... color? Texture? Something. It smells like jasmine, but feels like buttercup to me. The honeysuckle is nice, just a background note.

Sadly, I much prefer the lime-tinged jasmine in Muse and the dragon's-blood-honeysuckle in Ladon, and really can't bring myself to be terribly excited about this. The concept is lovely, and the notes individually are lovely, but the blend just doesn't bring any of them to a higher level, and so I can't really justify holding onto it.

mm. there is a base of soft dry jasmine and a gentle hint of buttercup and honeysuckle. this wears very close to the skin and is warm and wonderful. it would be perfect for a spring or summer morning.

In bottle: Bright, delicate floral.

Wet: Odd musty scent. Is it the jasmine going wrong? Is it the honeysuckle? I can't smell the buttercup at all, in all of this...

Dry: Ugh. Grandmother's Attic Jasmine, all perfumey and musty. Something about this jasmine doesn't like me.

Oh well. I've got Ostara, for my shiny-yellow-floral needs :P This one's going into the trade pile.

On imp: Sweet jasmine. After trying Dragon's Eye (and even Dragon's Tears -- will have to write up a review for that) which I consider as "strong" jasmine, I now have categories for the scent note. Heh. Anyway, this isn't making me feel like throwing up from a headache.

On skin: Not much difference during wet and drydown. Still the same jasmine, and I want to know which makes it smell sweet -- the honeysuckle or buttercup? I agree with the reviews above, it's a 'yellow' scent; makes me think of butter and pancakes. :D

After 10-15 minutes: Okay, I'm getting a whiff of something like smoking grass. Not burning, but the smoke after it has burned. Now I really want to know how honeysuckle and buttercup smell like individually.

After 2 hours: This really is a soft and delicate scent because the smell is fading already. :P I still smell that smoking grass thing sometimes, but it disappears after a second sniff. So far, this is the only jasmine that I've tried that didn't smell oppressive to me (again, minus that weird smoking grass deal).

Wet: Stinky jasmine and orchids. Kind of old lady-ish.

Dry: Yay, it's no longer stinky and old! This is very light, stays close to the skin but it's lasted a few hours. I definitely pick up some honeysuckle. It's soft musk and creamy flowers.

I really expected the jasmine to go wacky but golly, this is good.

Edited by Chickie

Eos has been one of my favorites for ages and I feel slightly ashamed that I haven't reviewed it yet, because it deserves as much pimping as it can get. On me, it's mostly a gorgeous honeysuckle, with a very, very faint green undertone that allows it to be sweet and rich without getting cloying. As I think someone else said, it's a little like working in a garden, smelling mainly the flowers but also the stems (but not the dirt). It's in my top three, and as soon as there's a lull in the LEs I want to buy, I'm snagging a bottle.

Wow, that started quiet. Ok, the flowers are blooming now... This really is pretty. Another floral keeper. I like these. :-)

Eos is so summery! I feel a little weird about reviewing it on an autumn day when the smell of apples and smoke is drifting in through my window. But it's a beautiful scent, so it should be shared.

In the imp, Eos is strong and sharp -- think florals mixed with floor cleaner. It softens immediately on the skin, however, turning into buttercups and sweet hay. Honeysuckle creeps in as it dries, with just a tiny touch of jasmine following in the background. This is a bright scent, and VERY floral, but it's not sickly-sweet. I think it must be the skin musk that grounds it, and turns it into a late-summer perfume for me instead of a springtime scent.

In the imp, Eos is jasminey floral.

On my skin, Eos develops into a sweet, sunny floral, with almost no jasmine. It's really, really pretty.

As it dries, it becomes a bit more perfumey, but it's a very bright, pretty floral that smells a bit like Poisson d'Avril to me. Very springy and soft and glowing. This is, indeed, sunshine in a bottle. It's gorgeous. (I should also add that I believe this was a frimp last time, but it's one that I'd been meaning to try. So pretty!)

I wasn't crazy about Eos wet - it was clear and clean with both honeysuckle and buttercup. Somehow it managed to be heavy and clear/clean. Don't know how. But then as it dried I liked it a LOT. Very evocative, beautifully drawn scent picture. Um, until the jasmine came out. I like jasmine, but Eos turned into a nasty jasmine variation on my skin and it was just too harsh. Not a scent for me. The beginning was genuinely lovely, though.

Eos

In vial, first buttercup and then jasmine. On skin, jasmine is the strongest note in this (as expected). This is warm, soothing, and matronly. The notes work well together, although it's hard to smell anything but jasmine in this. This is round and a bit heavy and has a powdery feel when dry.

[3 - Like] Lovely, but too maternal for my comfort. As this is predominately jasmine, I'm sure I could find a different jasmine blend that feels more me.

Edited by MaidenGenevive

Wet: Bright, white floral.

Drydown: The jasmine in Eos is definitely center stage. The other notes nicely complement without distinguishing themselves.

Dry: Eos becomes a little less jasmine heavy.

Overall: Bright and feminine. I think Eos is much more suited to springtime. I like her, but I am going to have to hide her away until a more appropriate season.

Another jasmine blend that is definitely not for me. At the start there's a hint of something rich and sweet, very much like bubblegum, along with the jasmine. This note fades after the first twenty minutes or so.

As it dries, Eos continues to be mostly jasmine. In the late drydown it becomes a soapy jasmine, as jasmine scents tend to do on my skin. No surprises here. At the risk of sounding like a broken record: avoid this if you don't like BPAL jasmine.

IN THE IMP: Floral whoosh! It’s a gentle but bright white/yellow sort of floral, which is appropriate.

ON SKIN: Jasmine, jasmine, jasmine – I’ve never actually smelled jasmine before, but I’m guessing that this is it, and luckily for me, I really like it. I’m disappointed that I’m not getting any honeysuckle, but it’s not stopping me from constantly huffing my wrist and wanting to reapply. Mmm. I think I’ll have to start keeping an eye out for jasmine blends. This reminds me in a way of one of my other favorites, Moon Rose, in that it’s a light, sweet, pure floral that I just want to slather all over myself. It's the dawn to Moon Rose's evening. :P Soft and radiant.

LATER: Unfortunately, it fades very quickly – most of it is gone in under an hour, but it stays true and light throughout. Definitely a keeper.

Edited by Emera