Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The Rising Sun. She is Ostara, Easter, the Anglo-Saxon goddess of fertility and the dawn. She is a protector and friend to all children. Her scent is that of softly glowing skin, jasmine, buttercup and honeysuckle.

In the bottle: oh, definitely jasmine! and I adore jasmine, especially when it's streaming in through my windows in the summer. much to my annoyance though, my skin usually turns it into baby powder. I suppose we'll see about this one. it's a pretty strong jasmine, with the honeysuckle hiding pleasantly in the background. definitely floral, definitely femme-y.

On my skin: sure enough, more jasmine! and it's turning to powder. :umm: it's still pleasant though; I think the honeysuckle saves it from being overwhelmingly powdery. it strikes me as kind of a generic floral, pleasant though it may be. it's not too strong, and as it ages the honeysuckle and buttercup come out more. I imagine it'd be a lovely summer night scent.

Last thoughts: reminds me of Nyx, with less rose. the honeysuckle and buttercup keep it from fully turning to awful powdered jasmine, but it's definitely still a bit powdery on me. too traditional for me to wear with regularity, but it is definitely pleasant.

Eos is soft, soothing perfume. No hard edges.

I like the combination of skin musk and gentle flowers.

It took me a few days of kicking it around in the back of my head before I figured out what it reminds me of, it is baby shampoo. This makes me think of a young mother bathing her baby.

Jasmine always does something odd on my skin when I first apply it, so I've learned to just live with the initial blechiness until it softens and the other scents come through. This time, I'm glad I did. The buttercup and honeysuckle are just lovely and tempered with a bit of musk.

Soft, soothing and not overpowering -- this may end up on my "must get a bottle" list. :wub2:

First Sniff: A type of water flower. I think it’s gardenia.

Wet: Light and flowery. And I’m still getting soft gardenias.

Dry: The scent continues to remain soft and friendly. I’m not that familiar with jasmine but perhaps that’s what I smell now (and not gardenias). And as it dried completely there was a tiny whiff of honeysuckle; it was very faint though. I might even have gotten a hint of hyacinth, that famous Easter flower!

My Reaction: It’s lovely and light and very feminine. It was a happy scent which reminds me of springtime with fresh cut grass and blooming flowers. Unfortunately, it’s very light on my skin.

Rating 1-5: 3.5

This just smelled like straight jasmine on me; I didn't smell any other notes at all. I quite like jasmine, but this makes me think of The Body Shop's jasmine oil circa 1990. It's nice enough, but not very interesting, at least not on me.

I ordered a bottle of Eos unsniffed because, seriously, how could it possibly be anything short of delightful?

Not surprisingly, it is as beautiful as I imagined. I really love to wear florals, but they have a tendency to wear me, especially when there are other notes at play. Rose and violet go violently soapy on me, and I don't really care for the more feminine florals. Eos, however, is a different story completely.

The honeysuckle, jasmine, and buttercup mingle gracefully to create a light spring floral that is neither heady nor creamy. Eos is a freshly-picked bouquet of flowers; no musk, no incense. Nothing adulterates these flowers. This is the fragrance I had always hoped for when I've tried florals in the past. It is clean, fresh, and pure. So lovely and ever so deserving of its name.

(Imp bought from Nursekins. Thank you!)

Summer months in a bottle! :heart:

I smell Jasmine whilst wet but when dry this is all Honeysuckle to me but I can smell a grassy note that changes it into fields of wildflowers drying in the sun. I thought at first it was a bit too strong but about an hour later it became a lot lighter and the scent followed me around instead of being stuck in my nose.

Imp: Uagh - something between pickle and nail polish remover!

Wet: Reminds me very much of The Death-Horse I think. Pickled flowers comes to my mind. Very sour and only slightly green.

Dry: The acrid sharp alcoholic note disappears a little and white-green floral notes remain. It's OK but not my thing.

ETA: This actually turns into a lovely jasmine scent on me! I really like jasmine a lot! Hmmm, normally not much for floral scents but this one is quite nice. :)

Edited by Honey

Initially this was all jasmine, which was great as I love the scent of jasmine. Unfortunately though it doesn't seem to love me, and before too long I smelled like a floral drawer liner :(

Lovely and delicious and beautiful.

It's not my style and it is far too..I don't know...classically perfume'y...? for me.

I am glad I tried it and it would smell absolutely divine on anyone else (and in truth, it does on me too, just...it's not ME)

I've been wanting to try this one for sooo, and I'm so happy I finally have.

Out of the imp: beautiful and bright. The florals are so lovely in Eos. The jasmine seems to be the strongest to me, but I can still detect the honeysuckle and buttercup.

Dry on skin: Soft and light, it went a bit baby powdery on me, but I still like it. I feel so uplifted smelling this on myself, like I should be wearing a flowing dress walking down a windy seashore.

At first I thought the heady floral scent would be too strong for me, but it toned down quite nicely. This will definitely be a signature summer scent for me, I'm very happy with it.

I've been wanting to try this one for sooo, and I'm so happy I finally have.

Out of the imp: beautiful and bright. The florals are so lovely in Eos. The jasmine seems to be the strongest to me, but I cant still detect the honeysuckle and buttercup.

Dry on skin: Soft and light, it went a bit baby powdery on me, but I still like it. I feel so uplifted smelling this on myself, like I should be wearing a flowing dress walking down a windy seashore.

At first I thought the heady floral scent would be too strong for me, but it toned down quite nicely. This will definitely be a signature summer scent for me, I'm very happy with it.

Edited by primadonna

I hunted this down ruthlessly as it has every note I love, and bought it blind when I finally found it.

Am not disappointed.

Its strong jasmine now. but the "yellow" buttercup everyone has mentioned comes through so wonderfully. This is all delicate warm sunshine and happiness. It is so sweet and pretty.

It does take a while for the jasmine to die down, it's quite strong. And even after it settles, the throw is mostly JASMINE. But, close to the skin the warm soft musk holds strong. From a distance I'm all floraly and sunny smiles and up close to my skin I have this lovely subdued musky sweet-spiceyness, reminiscent to my nose of a soft, peppery, *slightly* powdery sandalwood.

It makes me so happy.

I am sad this is discontinued, if it were not I would order as many bottles as I could. Will just have to continue the hunt so I never run out.

Edited by emanomaly

This scent at least taught me that it is not jasmine that my skin hates, but honeysuckle. My skin really, really hates honeysuckle, doesn't matter what it is blended with. Oh well, I learned something about my own skin chemistry. I like florals, but I think such heady florals as jasmine AND honeysuckle also just overwhelm me.

A friend of mine sent me her old imp of this. I'm so sorry to see it's discontinued; I'm not sure I'd purchase a bottle of this or not, but it's pretty enough that I wish i had the option.

I don't get too much jasmine from this, but I'm not familiar enough with honeysuckle (or buttercup) to know for sure what they are. It does have a warm skin scent to it. Someone mentioned it smells like baby shampoo, and I honestly get that! It's like a clean, floral-bathed skin, but it doesn't smell like baby powder on me. It isn't as fresh as I'd like, but that might be its age.

I'm not certain what buttercup smells like, but there's a plainish, warm floral in this that's not the sharpness of jasmine and doesn't seem to be honeysuckle to me, and that's the predominant scent. This really does manage to be maternal and spring-time-y; it's not the kind of floral I generally go for at all (I gather I like stuff that induces headache for other people!) and, if it were still around, I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who wanted to like a floral scent but had had poor luck with sharp, noisy blends.

I received a very old imp of this from a friend.

On me this is a very clean floral. Mostly jasmine and honeysuckle, but I feel like the buttercup adds a touch of something to the background of this. It does fade kind of quickly, and doesn't have the strongest throw.

I enjoy it, but I'm not exactly heartbroken that when this imp runs out I'd likely not find another. I have much more interesting floral blends that I personally prefer, but someone who likes their florals uncomplicated might enjoy this one if they manage to find it.

In the imp: I am here for the honeysuckle and buttercup, but all I smell in the imp is jasmine. It’s a soft jasmine, but jasmine nonetheless.

Wet: The jasmine is the most prominent note on me. I can’t smell anything but the jasmine at first, but after a bit, I get a little honeysuckle behind it.

Dry: This is a bright floral scent resting on a bed of soft musk. The jasmine is still the star of the show, but I think I may be smelling the buttercup along with it now. I’m no longer able to pick out any honeysuckle, but I suspect it is adding a bit of brightness and sweetness to the scent.

Verdict: I’m really glad i got to try this one! I think I prefer Eostre of the Dawn, because the honeysuckle plays a bigger role in that scent, so I don’t think I’ll hold on to this one. But it is a pretty spring floral scent. :)

Edited by dementia_divine

In bottle: A green, herby scent, a bit like fresh cut flowers, but with something earthy or bitter in the background, which is probably the buttercup.

Wet: Briefly it’s all smoke – I have no idea where that came from – but it quickly calms into a warm skin scent with just a hint of jasmine floating around.

Dry: It’s an absolutely gorgeous mellow jasmine that is the exact perfect incarnation of spring. Unfortunately it doesn’t last long; it’s disappeared from me in a little over an hour.