Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
RedPersimmon

Happy and Dauntless and Sagacious

But the Prince Prospero was happy and dauntless and sagacious. When his dominions were half depopulated, he summoned to his presence a thousand hale and light-hearted friends from among the knights and dames of his court, and with these retired to the deep seclusion of one of his castellated abbeys. This was an extensive and magnificent structure, the creation of the princes own eccentric yet august taste. A strong and lofty wall girdled it in. This wall had gates of iron. The courtiers, having entered, brought furnaces and massy hammers and welded the bolts. They resolved to leave means neither of ingress or egress to the sudden impulses of despair or of frenzy from within. The abbey was amply provisioned. With such precautions the courtiers might bid defiance to contagion.

Imprisoned in frenzied joy: ribbons of raspberry and red currant streaming through thick goats milk.

Wet: Same tart raspberry from Raspberry Sufganiyot mixed with red currant to give it depth. Deliciousssss.

Dry: Tartness calms down and now I'm getting a bit of the goat's milk to smooth it out. Still quite fruity.

Drydown: Becomes mostly red currant with the tartness of raspberry and a bit of milk with some goat-y nuttiness around the edges.

Very bright, moderate to strong throw and average longevity.

In the Bottle:

Tart raspberry with a creamy base but it's all about the raspberry in the bottle

On the Skin:

Softer raspberry, tempered by the creamy goats milk but still an awesome berry scent. As this starts to dry, it becomes less berry-forward and little more perfumey red fruit but still lovely. I was expecting the goat's milk to be more animalic but at the moment it's just creamy bit not as thick as full on cream.

On the Drydown:

This stays pretty linear on drydown, remaining a perfumey raspberry with a touch of milk. I thought this would have been creamier. I like it but hopes it ages well

I am not generally a huge fan of fruity smells even BPAl, but this is amazing. In the bottle it smells exactly like fresh, super juicy raspberries. Wet on my skin is about the same and dry still is very bright, fresh and juicy smelling. I'd like to have a bottle of this!

Raspberry, red currant, sweetness. Creamy, fruity, sweetness. Good throw and wear length.

WOW this is tart at first! It dries down very similar to Raspberry Sufganiyot, so I don’t need both.

Strong perumed raspberries! This has some staying power. Very juicy (the 'perfumed' is ever so subtle) I do not detect any milk- whether that be musky, nutty, or pungent. The goat has pranced away!  This is all raspberry on my skin.

I'm going to apologize for this review

But this is one of the worst BPAL's I've ever tried

Overly sweet cloying fruit, wet dog/wet animal scent, and a tinge of spoiled milk. Even with generous hand-washing I still reek it's nauseating. 

My skin chemistry makes this terrible, far too much wet animal, far too much milk, and artificial sickly sweet fruit.

This legit makes me want to vomit, and it's surprising for that. 

I think the lab's cream note works on me but not the milk one. 

Good luck to those of you who this works for, as for me this decant is going straight to the swaps and sells.

Wet: Raspberry and a little milk! Milk and cream notes can go a bit plastic on me, so this has the chance to smell terrific or one of those 90's plastic dolls with fake fruit scents. Fingers crossed!

Dry: I may or may not have jinxed myself... but plastic 90's doll with fake fruit scent. BAH.

Very tart juicy red fruit. This is primarily raspberry to my nose, but it does have a touch of something else that makes me think "perfume" rather than just fruit.

I have terrible luck with cream/milk scents, although the goats' milk variants tend to be better, and this one fortunately doesn't go weird on my skin.

Good throw, fairly long-lasting, but it ends up a little simple when I was hoping for more cream! I've got other raspberry scents that end up more than just SN: Raspberry on my skin.

On me this goes on as a very soft Raspberry note. I'm not getting a ton of goats' milk, and the whole scent's starting to fade after only a few hours. I'll probably let this age a bit to see if it changes at all. It's nice and gentle and totally inoffensive.