Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Shollin

Twilight

An enigmatic, otherworldly scent, brimming with power and mystery. Lavender and jasmine, with a touch of glowing honeysuckle.

I was looking for a scent similar to Lush's Silky Underwear. In the imp I can pinpoint the lavendar and possibly a hint of jasmine. It has potential. When on the lavendar is still there but the pee smell of the jasmine is a bit stronger, hopefully it will mellow out. As it dries it is smelling more and more soapy. I wish I could handle florals because I love the smell of flowers :huh?: Once dry it smells a bit like shampoo. A nice shampoo, but shampoo nonetheless. Hmm, not really fussed.

Verdict: Not hideous but not really wearable for people who turn florals into soap. Edited by puddingirl

There's no moonflower in this? Really? .... Really? I amp moonflower like crazy, so anything with that note smells almost the same, and moonflower's all I smell. It smells the same to me as Blue Moon, Nuit, and Midnight (probably more, but after having a MOONFLOWER + something else reaction to moonflower blends, I stopped ordering them). Maybe it's the jasmine, but Midnight and Blue Moon don't have jasmine, so I don't THINK that's it. One time I wore this it was a sharp moonflower, but ever since, just the same moonflower/"night" note I know. I will say that my skin seems to eat lavender (TKO is the only blend where I can really smell it) so my experience is probably different from most people's.

In imp: Wet, very wet and floral. Lavender with just a hint of jasmine.

Wet: A very wet recent rain smell and hello honeysuckle! It has jumped to centre stage.

Dry: Honeysuckle and jasmine. But with something adding depth and a touch of coolness.

After a while: A faint waft of honeysuckle and jasmine... like remembering the old garden path that they used to grow on just before falling asleep. Not terribly strong, but nice!

It's very floral and you can smell each one lavender, jasmine and honeysuckle.

Twilight

In the Vial: Lavender! Something, sharply "perfumey." Me no likey. *reads notes* Ugh, must be the lab's evil jasmine I'm smelling.

Wet: Lavender, lavender, lavender. Which I don't happen to love, either. Jasmine manifesting itself as super perfumey, and at the same time, dusty. Ugh.

Drydown: I think the honeysuckle is trying desperately to be "heard" here, adding the slightest warmth through sweetness, but it just can't fight off the lavender and jasmine.

Verdict: Not for me, not at all.

Hmm. I smell the lavender like crazy in the imp, but I'm thinking that, given my previous experience with lavender blends (The King of Hearts, Yvaine), the lavender will be all but gone on my skin, so I wonder if the jasmine and honeysuckle will amp on me.

Yeah, it's pretty much lavender for about five seconds, and then goes to nothingness on me, taking the jasmine and the honeysuckle with it. Not for me, not for me. To the swaps.

This smells the same to me in the bottle, wet, and dry.

It's a very feminine floral scent with that lavender musky/medicinal quality, but it also smells kind of like dust and old books. I was hoping that it would smell like the honeysuckle in the air on cool summer evenings...but that "touch" is just that and I couldn't pick out the honeysuckle from the other scents.

Unfortunately for me it smells a lot like elderly women. I'm not sure if it's similar to older perfumes or what, but it also smells a lot like the soap my grandma keeps in her bathroom, the ones shaped like angels and roses that no one is supposed to use. While I like the scent itself I don't think it's something I particularly want to smell like.

Sweet, creamily soft and warm jasmine with a waft of cool purple lavender over top. I suspect the honeysuckle is what is tempering this jasmine and giving it such a delicate feeling. I'm in love with this.

:wub2:

In honor of Twilight:New Moon coming out today and that I am going to the midnight show here, I broke out this imp.

I was worried about the lavender because it is definately the predominant smell in the imp, but on me its pretty much all honeysuckle with a tinge of the jasmine. The word glowey is a good one for this. Its good in the scent locket too.

An enigmatic, otherworldly scent, brimming with power and mystery.

Lavender and jasmine, with a touch of glowing honeysuckle.

In the vial: ohw.. no.. that is so S.T.R.O.N.G :thud:

Wet on skin: this is to strong for my nose.. this can't go good :huh?:

Dry on skin: still to much lavender, very sharp, I can feel a headache coming up!

Verdict: Emoticon rating: :cry2:

Is it a keeper? I'm afraid not

If you like this, try: Desdemona, Ephemera, Dove's Heart, Seraphim

I was hoping this would be a good sleep-time scent because of the lavender and jasmine, and it is! Wet, the scent reminded me a bit of TKO, sweet, milky lavender. Later, I could smell the honeysuckle alongside the lavender and just a hint of jasmine - which is good, since jasmine normally starts to smell like a soiled nappy on my skin. Here, it didn't, and so far it's perfect. This will go into my collection of bedtime scents, and I can never get enough of those. :)

In the Imp: Soothing lavender... and... lavender. But it's a nice, full scent, like what you'd smell directly from the plant.

Wet: Now it smells like a dew-laden lavender, with something of a drier follow up? It's odd, almost reminds me of BPAL's "moss" note which has that sort of parched feeling, and yet seems a bit alcoholic too.

Dry: I'm going so far as to say this is astringent on me, sadly. I can smell a tiny bit of jasmine, but other than that all I'm getting is this strange harsh, dry scent. Even the lavender has died down a bit, and normally it doesn't have problems maintaining a decent quality on me. Not sure what did it but this isn't cooperating with my chemistry.

Verdict: Seemed pleasant enough in the imp but this turned into some kind of scary alcohol beast when it met my skin. Sad!

Rating: 1/5

I got this in an imp pack because I LOVE lavender. Unfortunately the jasmine stomps in and walks all over my lavender. This would be great if the jasmine would just tone down a bit.

In imp: First I smell the lavender, but at the end of my inhale I get a faint whiff of something that reminds me of the dentist and the smell of the air in one of his instruments. Weird.

Wet: I can smell the lavender, but it's definitely overpowered by the honeysuckle and jasmine. Those are sweet scents. Together they make me think of the mud left after a pond dries out in the sun: the sweetness of rot and decay.

Dry: Nope, I'm still thinking of decay with this one. The sweetness is too cloying and strong for me. If it were a soap, I'd be all over this; but not in a perfume. Into the swap pile it goes.

Love it!

This is perfect as a relaxation blend. The honeysuckle glows so you don't get pulled down a black hole of jasmine and lavender. Very soft. Floaty. Dreamy. Calming. There's not much I can say about the combination mixture. It's straight-forward. Just that the jasmine hangs in the background nicely. Winner!

:::TWILIGHT:::

The fragrance of Twilight was just... Devastating.

Though it was in the Ars Moriendi category AND predated the theatrical release of the talkie with the same title, there was no small measure of trepidation in the exploration of this scent.

At the Bat's Day Black Market this year, there was unmitigated access to the entire catalogue of BPAL scents and monies were long reserved for the occasion, so a frenzy was well underway by the time Twilight was in the cross-hairs.

The cap was opened... The love was intense and immediate.

The whole world seemed to swoon to a standstill.

Twilight was breathed in and seemed to bloom, pyrotechnically, in every available space inside the body... Intercellular void was readily occupied with a shimmering cascade of purple, magenta, and dark yellow, glittering sparks.

Surrounding static evaporated and was replaced by something that sounded like Tori Amos, hard at work on a clavicord.

Twilight is stately, aristocratic and otherworldly.

Galactic gratitude radiates from the very core, resonating across infinities like embroyonic laughter that Twilight in NO WAY resembles MTV (Manicured Teen Vampires).

Twilight is, in fact, the antithesis of camp.

Twilight possesses a poise and sophistication light-years beyond pomp, frivolity, and municipal angst.

The Lavender in Twilight has absolutely no overpowering characteristic. The boquet here has composure and elan. This is a very French Lavender.

The night-blooming Jasmine brings a lustrous and penetrating perfume to Twilight that gives it resplendance and vitality.Honeysuckle weaves through Twilight with a sweetness that floats like bubbles through Honey and bears all the hallmarks of electrified religious fervor. Magnificent!Twilight is regally powerful.

Twilight could be depicted as an army of warriors with the bodies of gymnasts and the heads of lions.

The evening sky is royal purple velvet and filled with constellations of burning topaz...The captain wears a crown smeared with blood. He roars with bone-splintering ferocity and the tapetum lucidum blazes like a pulsar...

Twilight is thus far unmatched by anything else in the Ars Moriendi section.

Twilight is powerfully reverent.

Twilight is enigmatic and pulsating.

Twilight is an extraordinary, unisex fragrance.

On Him, Twilight is golden, leonine, and incandescent.

On Her, Twilight is a leonine conflagration, a darkening force of nature, a total eclipse.

Twilight is a truly amazing perfume oil.

Twilight earns an easy 5.5 out of 5.

In the imp: soapy, sour jasmine, but I put it on anyway in hopes that the lavender and honeysuckle would overpower it. Suffered through the first hour of smelling nothing but that awful jasmine until the lavender finally showed up. Now I'm starting to smell a little honeysuckle.

It's a nice scent, but I don't think it's going to last and I'm not sure it's worth the two hours of suffering through the jasmine.

At first, it's a blast of lavender. And then...the jasmine takes. over. It's cloying and heavy and kind of reminiscent of cat pee. I've heard of jasmine doing this to other people, and now I know exactly what they mean. I know some people don't like the term "old lady", but that's how I would categorize this. Bleaugh.

ETA: Once totally dry, I do get a teeny bit of honeysuckle poking its head out and it's a lot less cloying. However, I really don't think it's worth the HAI I'M JASMINE stage that kind of nauseates me.

Edited by VioletFemme

Before I write my small review I'd like to warn to first users that a little bit of this oil goes a long way! :)

The scent is very strong in the bottle. The flowers are powerful in this one. Once I apply it to my skin it mellows, but not very much. The flowers in this one are so intense it gave me a little headache. It seemed like the flowers were angry at me. When I washed my wrists and dried them I smelled a much lighter, flowery and powdery smell. Most flowes go powdery on me so this wasn't a surprise. This scent is not for me. It'll probably be a good scent for a friend of mine...

I am an amber girl, a dark scented resin girl. So why do I like this? I have no idea, but it is a sweet floral, I smell lilly scent, not sure why, definately the jasmine, hint of green stems, a fresh picked bouquet. totally not my style, but I can see myself wearing this on special days when i wanna bring out the girly in me.

In the bottle: lavender and jasmine, intimately twined. this scent is actually a bit frostier than I expected, given the (supposed) honeysuckle, which usually makes everything brighter and more like summer honey. the lavender really tones the jasmine down from its' usual summery vibe as well, which is primarily what makes it so somber.

On my skin: the lavender continues to dominate, though at least now I can catch whiffs of the honeysuckle. it gets sweeter as it wears on, moving more to focus on the jasmine-honeysuckle combo. there's something old fashioned about this (though lavender can make me think that about almost anything) and very very floral. turns more towards soapy as it wears on.

Last thoughts: sweetly blue, summer twilight but without the mosquitos. lavender and jasmine twined together, with drops of honeysuckle here and there. sweet and pleasantly calming, almost victorian, but not unique enough for me to wear regularly.

Edited by frecklestars

In the imp and wet: lavender soap with a little soapy jasmine. Very unpleasant to me, and I'm a little fearful that all of my experiences with lavender and jasmine fragrances are going to go badly.

Dry: soap, nothing but unpleasant soap with a hint of something floral. It goes from bad lavender soap to bad rose soap. The throw is a little nicer than up close.

But what's this? I'm suddenly smelling a lot of very lovely rose in the room, and people who come in are remarking on how nice it smells. I sniff my wrist, but it still smells like soap. If I wave my arm around, though, I get wafts of rose.

And then, about an hour later, it's suntan lotion, somewhat reminiscent of philosopy's Amazing Grace.

The morph on this one was just wacky. There were a couple of nice moments, but overall it's just not good on me. Swap.

Although the overall feel of this scent is indeed "soapy," I still absolutely adore it! I feel like there is rose in this scent as well. The jasmine is not as strong or sweet as it is in Oneiroi, but it has a similar tone. The honeysuckle sweetness is also cut by the herbal/soapy notes, so that the edge of sweetness is faint.

This is a great scent for a hot summer night when you want to go to sleep feeling clean. I am glad I swapped for this bottle!

imp: wet lavender and jasmine

wet on skin: an explosion of the aforementioned flowers. quite pleasant actually, and this is coming from someone who hates florals. it reminds me of hot summer nights and thick humid air. this is definitely a summer scent. i would wear this on occasions that call for light girly dresses (which i rarely wear haha) and walks through parks...or something

dry: during the dry down process it becomes very sweet and slightly cloying, but i think i dabbed a little bit too much on my wrist. this is one of those scents where a little bit goes a really long way! it's been about ten minutes and it throws quite far. There is a spicyness to the floral, a scent I can't really put my nose on.

It's lovely but I can't ever imagine myself wearing it.

Edited by Maleficium

This is almost unbearably intense. It's a floral punch in the face and I had to wash it off almost as soon as I put it on because it sent me running for my inhaler.