Let the wind blow kindly
In the sail of your dreams
And the moonlight your journey
And bring you to me
We can’t live in the mountains
We can’t live out at sea
Where oh, where oh, my lover
Shall I come to thee?

Moonflower and iris root with French lavender, tuberose, white sandalwood, night-blooming gardenia, vanilla orchid, and moss.

From the bottle this is a soft, unobtrusive, downy lavender. On the skin it immediately blooms with a bit of woods, and a little grittiness from the moss. By no means is this very powerful in terms of grassy or herbal. The orris is probably keeping this mix dry, as it dries I can get a little bit more of the lavender returning as like those fresh crushed florets between the fingers... like a hint of green, spike lavender, or something... With time the lavender settles and then this whole mix of 'white night florals' sidles up all like 'hey, babe. I'm a hot chick in a wedding dress. It's all like, sultry and stuff. Even though you're in a onesie pajama, let's do this.'

So I get a slightly woodsy, rich, dry and moderately dusty sweet lavender supported by a chorus of white floral.

It's nice! I'll have to try this as a sleep blend. It's very relaxing and reads like a Somnus blend.

ETA: Over time I get a really weird association with LUSH's Alkmaar line. No clue why.

Bottle Sniff: Floral with a slight sourness, that can either stay or disappear once it hits my skin.

On Skin: Yay! The sourness goes away and this turns into a very pretty innocent floral. I really love the moonflower, it reminds me a lot of those scented tube bracelets that had the liquid in them, that was so popular in the 80's. It stays that way for an hour or so.. but then my skin starts to "muskify" it??? What was light and pretty starts turning into a powdery deeper pez candy like scent... URghh!! Why skin? Why!? I blame the iris root and the moss. :(

Once again, I was unsure from the bottle! It started out dark on me whilst wet, like the darkness settling in as you go to sleep. Dry, it is how I would picture sleeping to smell. I can pick out the gardenias and the lavender, but it's so well blended that I am not sophisticated enough to pick out the other notes... Ah, this must be the moonflower! So pretty... I can scarcely smell the gardenias now. Morph away, it just gets better...

Tested a few days ago...

Beautiful floral both in bottle and on skin. Was hoping for more moss. To me, smells a great deal like Oneiroi, which I LOVE.

My review is short because this has just about zero throw on my skin. It vanished in an hour. :/

Wet, it smells like the perfect sleeping blend to me, smooth florals and sweet lavender, and it's just perfect. On, the gardenia goes a little crazy and takes the forefront. Sigh. Beautiful, but a different kind of scent than it is wet.

Is that moonflower I smell? Nice! I recognize it from a Body Shop lotion I had ages ago but since stopped using because of allergies and checking it out on the Skin Deep scale. This definitely has moonflower prominent on my skin, and I smell some lavender, gardenia, and something else that makes it a bit powdery. I'm not sure what moss smells like in perfume form, but there's definitely something earthy there grounding the hypnotic whirlwind of flowers (Lady Lucille's doing? ;) ).
I have a teeny bit of a throw, which I'm glad isn't too much because I could see this smelling overwhelming.

I love this for bedtime.

When I first put it on I got a blast of moonflower and I adore that note, floral wise. Lavender made it's appearance shortly after, entwining itself with the tuberose and the tuberose was lending it's almost candy heady sweetness. The whole blend still stayed really floral from wet to dry down though, a white floral to my nose. It's not super heavy nor does it go soapy at all.

It relaxed me super easily for sleep and put me in a good mood. So this decant is definitely a keeper (:

Oooh. This one is going to merit further testing, I can already smell that. (Ok, that's a horrible pun).

Lullaby smells like wispy moonflower, touch of lavender and a touch of sandalwood. It's soft and gentle, and I'm very surprised at how much I'm enjoying this. Low throw, good wear length. This smells like perfumed skin.

I am really digging this so far.

This is the closest to a moonflower single note I've smelled out of the whole bpal collection. The iris root isn't too pronounced so don't worry about that. Lavender is sweet, gardenia a nice support. The moss is a great addition, providing a small green earthy base note.

This will be an underrated floral, lost in the deluge of LEs around this time of year. Floral/moonflower lovers, beware, you will want this one later. Get it now!

Wet: Wow. BEAUTIFUL! This is instantly one of the most lovely florals I've ever smelled. There's some green in it too. Just....wow. I don't know what moonflower smells like, but I am intrigued by it, and so had to try this. I think I can pick out the gardenia (lovely), but I am not very familiar with tuberose. It's making it hard to pick out what the moonflower smells like, but this scent is heavenly. There may actually be something in it that I'm mildly allergic...when I put my nose to my skin and inhale it burns. But it smells so amazing that you can just guess how many f*cks I give about my stupid allergies. Most florals scream spring to me. And I wear florals all spring. But this, to me, is a summer garden. It's hot, and the flowers are in full bloom, and bees are buzzing, and it's freakin glorious. This makes me happy. It's not dry yet though, hoping it doesn't morph one bit!

Dry: It gets a little lighter, a bit sweeter, but stays just as lovely. I do think it's moonflower I'm smelling, but that could only be in my head. It's sweet, and you can almost smell that it's white. It's a little powdery, but in a good way. I love it. Bottle worthy!

In the decant: There are some florals I can't identify, followed by lavender.

Wet: Same. Florals and lavender. I'm not sure which floral is the dominant note – I know it isn't the iris root, as I'm familiar with that. What I'm getting is pale, white floral, with a bit of a powdery quality to it – perhaps it's the moonflower?

Dry: Soft, pale, sweet florals. The lavender isn't as prominent during this phase, and the vanilla orchid is present now. The white sandalwood note is very faint, and I'm not getting much moss, either.

Verdict: I like this. I'll be holding onto my decant, as I think this would be a nice, relaxing blend to wear before bed. I don't think I'll end up upgrading to a bottle, though.

a beautiful lavender note surrounded by way too many florals for my taste. it's like an elegant, floral bedtime perfume? it makes me want to go to sleep, but also sneeze. as it dries i get a LOT of moonflower but it's just too powdery and sneeze-inducing for me.

So, I saw the notes for Lullaby and basically had Wile E. Coyote eyes over it. Moonflower, tuberose, and vanilla orchid are three of my favorite notes, and they don't pop up all the time...and certainly not all together. I also really enjoy French lavender and white sandalwood, and gardenia, iris root, and moss can be lovely. But nothing could have prepped me for how much I love this. On my skin, it's lavender with all the other notes in its skirts, a purply, night-blooming flower-driven masterpiece. This is a sleep blend if you want to stun before you sleep, like if you dropped a dram of glamour into a Midsummer Night's Dream.

Upon application, this is strong lavender, and that's all I smell for about 30 minutes. Then it morphs into a lovely soft scent that must be floral based on the notes, but I can't identify any of the notes myself. It's very pretty, even for this non-floral wearer. It's neither sharp nor white to my nose, just a sweet scent that could gently rock me to sleep.

Too many floral notes for me mixed with a lovely lavender. It ends up very soapy and powerdery. If you're a floral lover though, this is the jackpot.

I tried this a few times before deciding how I felt about it. At first, I thought, I like it, but I have similar scents I like more and it doesn't have a lot of throw. But then the second time I wore it, it was done in less than an hour, but I had been cleaning the garage that morning, so I reapplied, and then I couldn't stop sniffing my wrists. You still had to get up close and personal to it, but slathering helped the throw. I only had a little left in the bottle that I bought off SnowWhiteMoon, so I decided to try the rest in a roller bottle that I got from the store, and I think it will use it up as a post bath-time/pre-bedtime scent.

Subtle, but just really lovely, the epitome of a beautiful moonflower: pale, tall, romantic, and blossoming in the moon. This just kept growing on me, and I am debating over buying a bottle for the next CP release.

My skin picked out a random assortment of notes from this and turned it into a close sibling of...Fairy Thorn. It was the same kind of ethereal greenery/sharp sandalwood/vanilla/floral thing, and when I compare the note lists, I get it! They both have vanilla (or vanilla orchid), they both have white sandalwood, they both have moss, and they both have tuberose. I'm amping all of these things, which makes them very similar on me.

I like this, and it's really beautiful. But with a full bottle of Fairy Thorn, I don't think I need more of it. The sandalwood also comes out too sharp for me to use it as a sleep scent, and I don't get any lavender.

Edited by lady_pandora

Floral aficionados take note: Lullaby is pretty stunning. :wub3:

It's a beautiful, slightly haunting blend that on me is very moonflower-dominant, which I LOVE. Usually if lavender is present, it stomps all over the other notes - but not here, thankfully. I think this is a slightly melancholy cousin to June 23, 1868 from the Only Lovers Left Alive collection; they both have a lovely English cottage garden by night feel, but Lullaby's moss note gives it a lonely, yearning air.

SophieCedar nailed it: this will be a very underrated scent that floral lovers who miss out will be seeking later. Get it now!

The combination of iris, tuberose, gardenia and orchid make this an unbearably stuffy, sharp, white musky smelling white floral on my skin. It gives me a headache.

Guest Buttermoth

Freshly opened bottle: tart, floral soap. A little like cheap lavender perfume or linen spray, but a little 'clean' or 'airy'.

Immediately on my skin: the sour note explodes, with a heavy Jasmine or honeysuckle-like richness, but a green soapy note I just can't get past.

45+minutes later on the skin: back to sharp light lavender and honey. And something almost like white clover...

Overall: I do not care for it one bit, and despite positive changes over time, it's a very heavy and invasive smell.

My mind is telling me to hate the moss/iris notes but... I'd never!
It's a dark blue, green and cold scent, to make it more confusing, it's got something innocent and something very dark. ...What?
I'm not getting any lavender. but besides that everything's there. I like to dab this on before I go to bed, it's relaxing.

In the bottle: Lavender! Herbal and dry but not sharp.

Wet: Soft, pillowy lavender. Not a bracing scent, but a little cool or chilly, certainly.

This is sweet and floaty and ethereal; the lavender and moss keep the sweetness of the gardenia and tuberose and vanilla orchid down, but the sweeter florals keep this from being too sharp or dry. This is herbal-floral sweet and glowing blue-white, soft and sweet and just absolutely stunning.

This evokes a girl in a white nightgown navigating the dark corridors of a moonlit Gothic mansion. It’s more the scent of that girl and the way the moonlight plays on her skin and how it makes her nightgown almost glow in the dark, rather than the mansion itself. This is the Gothic heroine in her iconic ethereal white nightgown: she almost looks a ghost herself, small and fragile but throwing off her own radiant light.

This is the only one of the Crimson Peak blends I’ve tried, but if they are all this beautiful and evocative, no wonder they are so beloved! I am in love with this and I might even need to pick up a second bottle before this goes away; it's perfectly evocative of the Gothic heroine archetype (rather than any one Gothic heroine in particular).

Origin: Straight from the Lab

Initial Thoughts: This was one of only a couple of Crimson Peak scents that didn't have a deal-breaking note and did have a lot of scents I like. I love lavender, gardenia, and vanilla orchid. I can do sandalwood when it's white. I'm not as on board with the other notes, but I think I have BPAL scents with them that work for me.

In the Bottle: A high, somewhat sharp aristocratic floral. Very lavender.

Wet: The lavender starts out dominant on my skin, with the sandalwood right behind it. Then the other florals start to develop a bit.

Drydown: Gradually the gardenia emerges and takes over, with just enough of the other notes to give it a cool crispness rather than an overpowering sweetness.

Verdict: I could see myself wearing this. It's on the elegant side and fairly subtle.

Edited by puck_nc

In the bottle: an overpowering, almost medicinal smell kind of like eucalyptus

On the skin: significantly nicer, kind of dreamy in the I-just-walked-into-a-fairyshop kind of way but not what I expected, the vanilla orchid(I think) is almost marshmallow-y. The overall effect is a sleepy floral blend coated in dusty faint mallow