Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

This starts off rich, buttery shortbread then dries to a light vanilla-mint cookie scent. Its a light scent and quite nice while its there.

Starts off like a cross between Beaver Moon 05 and Sugar Cookie, but fairly quickly turns quite minty on me -- like a whiff of peppermint sticks. Not a bad combination at all. It smells mostly like a wintered-up version of Beaver Moon on me. It's cute!

Oh, this is by far the most delicious butter cookie paired with a little Snowblind drop. It`s simple and heavenly, Sugar Cookie fans like me will fall in love immediately at first sniff. I want more :wub2:

In bottle: Peppermint, Alas! I am not good with peppermint. It’s also got vanilla and an underlying baked goods thing. I’m going to skin test it anyway, in the name of science. Wet: If you like peppermint and vanilla as a combo, this is likely your scent. They do blend together really well, and if peppermint were not the salt to my slug, I’d likely love this. The baked goods notes drop out rather, leaving the mint and vanilla to duke it out for dominance. Dry: Vanilla dominant with a hint of mint and cookie. Not bad for a mint scent, really.

Shortbread Snowflakes - This opens up with a strong, minty snow scent, but quickly dries down to a strong minty-vanilla scent with the faint hint of cookies in the background. I tend to not be able to wear foody blends, and this is the first vanilla-mint scent I've found that doesn't turn to plastic on my skin. I kind of "get it" now when it comes to all the love for vanilla-mint scents, as this is really lovely.

I amp up BPAL's butter note so this is a very buttery shortbread with a whiff of mint. Heavy vanilla, slightly creamy.

Foodie, luscious, tasty.

This is very, very similar to Snowblind on me; sweet invigorating mint and creamy, buttery vanilla. Very minty on the outset, and lots more foody vanila on the drydown. This one is a bit more cakey than Snowblind, but overall in the drydown my chemistry makes them extremely similar. My final verdict is that both are :yum:

I get a buttery, slightly plastic-y cookie scent here that reminds me of Sugar Cookie. It dries down to a very light, sweet peppermint and then fades away after only about ten minutes on my skin.

In the imp: vanilla buttercreme with a shot of peppermint schnapps on the side. :thud:

Wet On Skin: *mounds* of sugar cookie dough, with a hot winter beverage that has peppermint schnapps in it. :lol: i don't know where the boozy note is coming from, the the peppermint and alcohol seem to be all tied up together in this blend for me so far. i should note that i've never had this experience with a BPAL mint note before, so i don't know what exactly is going on. I'm not finding it off-putting myself, but it Is a bit odd...

Dry down: vanilla sugar cookie dough (uncooked), with a touch of mint sugar icing.

In all: very light throw. For those who find Sugar Cookie to be a holy BPAL grail, this will be a happy surprise and probably worth getting a few Bags o' Coal for. For me, I shall love this little imp for all it's worth, but will need no more than that.

:D

All shortbread cookies, all the time. I didn't get any of the other notes due to the overpowering smell of the cookies. This reinforces my belief that I am just not a foody scent person.

In the Imp: Caramel-ish, boozy sweetness with a minty feel at the end.

Wet on Skin: Minty sweet, with an herbal undertone.

While Drying: Mint is dominant up close, but the throw is a nice mix of sweet mint and shortbread.

After a Little While: The same delicate shortbread scent as Kourabiedes, with a sweet, soft snow note.

Later: Less lasting power, and slightly less throw than Kourabiedes. Otherwise, the later stages of this scent are indistinguishable from Kourabiedes.

Shortbread Snowflakes earns a 4/5 on my skin.

Definitely similar to Sugar Cookie '05 in the imp, only with a bit of a shot of mint that others have pointed out. On my skin, a more minty Sugar Cookie '05. Very minty. To the point of overwhelming everything else.

On me, this is a lot like Love's Philosophy with a mint note. Maybe my nose is just not very good at distinguishing between sweet bakery notes, but that is exactly what it smells like to me! Throw is pretty good, too. The mint is a little shrieking at first but it mellows into something nice after a while.

In the imp: Sweet but somewhat minty shortbread cookies.

Wet: The mint note has burst out of the gate, but the sweet shortbread is somewhat behind.

The dry-down: The mint has backed off, and is now combining with the sweet shortbread cookie note. Simple but elegant and very yummy. :)

Wow- This smells exactly like Snowblind on my skin once it's dry. It has a bit more "cookie" feel and less of the heavy Love's Philosophy vanilla cream, but they are so close that I doubt I could tell between them. It's quite lovely- soft, sweet, minty cookie...but not much of the cookie- much more mint than cookie on me. I'm glad it's not going dry or strange on my skin like most pastry notes do. I made peppermint candy cane-shaped cookies when I was in preschool (it's one of my earliest memories and I loved them so much that it really sticks out in my mind), and this smells a lot like them.

Oh yes..I HATE buttery scents and usually amp the heck out of any present butteriness (Boo, that would be you), and I get no butter from this scent at all.

Edited by VioletFemme

In bottle: It's very artificial. Like, fake-fake butter and vanilla. It's really unpleasant, almost with an alcohol note.

On me: I just know I'm going to regret trying this one. Anything with a butter note frightens me. And I am not disappointed. It's plastic and grossly buttery.

From the vial, I thought this was going to be Snowblind with the butter turned up to 11. Instead, I get what filigree_shadow described as "a cross between Beaver Moon 05 and Sugar Cookie". BRILLIANT. I get a vague whiff of vanilla-mint (a la Lick It) every now and again, but it's mostly a buttery-cheesecakey-snickerdoodley-sugar cookie. Love it.

In the vial, this smells nothing like shortbread to me. It's definitely vanilla but it's a bit on the artificial side. It's better on me though. Wet, the mint comes out and this basically smells like a minty sugar cookie. As time goes by, this gets mintier and mintier, but it's not at all medicinal or strong. It's smooth and sweet. Actually, now this reminds me more of those pastel mints made of white chocolate.

In the bottle - Very sweet rich icing

Wet on me - Very, very sweet, almost pure icing sugar

Dry on me - The sweetness mellows a little into vanilla

Overall - I rarely say this, but this was just far too sweet for me

The first sniff is rich shortbread cookie, then immediately, mint swings in and is the dominant note. On skin, the cookie is more present, but mint is still the most obvious note. As others have said, this is a very vanilla-mint scent. Lovely.