Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Geminirubyshoes

The Last Unicorn

Frosty lilac petals, iris pallida root, orris, violet leaf, white chocolate, coconut, wild lettuce, white sandalwood, and oakmoss.

I had to try this based on the concept alone as I love, love, love the Last Unicorn. I really don't like chocolate scents as they tend to have that super fake sickening sweet cocoa butter quality to them. So, when I first opened this, I thought there was no way this would work on me and for awhile I wasn't that fond of it, so I passed it off to my sister. Only recently have I realized how beautiful and simply complex this perfume is. The white chocolate fades within the first couple of minutes of wear and what's left is a beautifully feminine, soft, and delicate scent with pretty good staying power.

It tends to last about 4 hrs on me. Not bad for how soft the notes are. I definitely get the flowery lilac, a touch of violet, the coconut--which adds the perfect amount of warm sweetness, and just a glimpse of the sandalwood. What I really love in this blend though is the oakmoss. I think it lends this wonderful damp ethereal earthiness to it that makes it so special and unique from other bpal scents. To me, it envokes pale lavendar, soft rain, and baby's breath (not the smell). This has become my go to daily scent because it's just so lovely and makes me feel lovely! :wub2:

oh and someone said this could be unisex... um.... if a man wore this around me, I could imagine it would be extremely enticing. :thud:

I finally treated myself to a bottle of this, as the cartoon movie of the last unicorn was/is a childhood fave of mine, and I've been coveting these scents since released. I wasn't sure this would really be my sort of scent, but had to get it just for the link to childhood memories.

Happily, I like both the memories AND the scent. In the bottle, i smell pretty much straight up cocoa butter, whcih gave me pause, as I don't really need more chocolate scents....immediately on, that cocoa butter smell continued strong for a few minutes, overpowering anything else, but by about 5 minutes in, this was LOVELY. The butter backed off, and the coconut and some light fresh florals (i'm not usuall a floral person, but these were not the beat you over the head type). It pretty much stayed that way on me, and lasted well over 12 hours, which is quite impressive for such a light bright scent.

A beautiful blend, this strikes me as summery--light sweet, and even a bit cooling, if that makes sense. Love it, and so glad I treated myself to a bottle. I'll be wearing this often since its the dog days of summer now. :)

This is super pretty. It's sweet, floral, and sparkly. It would veer into "perfume-y" land without the chocolate and the oakmoss to keep it grounded, I think. It reminds me of Good - it's a bit greener than Good - I like Good, but this is better. I'm getting a bottle.

Received an imp from OrangeBlossom05!

I've been curious about the Last Unicorn for ages now, and I must say, it's a very interesting scent. It smells so soft and etheral and green in the imp.

On my skin, though, the coconut comes out and it's somewhat plasticy- I can recognize it as coconut but I think if I didn't know what it was I would label it as Play-Doh. The florals, however, are gorgeous, and if I concentrate I can smell the chocolate and sandalwood. I think I am also catching whiffs of lettuce but it's hard to tell. If there's oakmoss and orris root, then it's either well-blended or my skin rejected it.

If this scent were a color, I'd think of it as a soft, hazy green and purple, like you'd see in an old, enchanted, lilac-dotted forest.

It's a very pretty scent but it's not quite what I was hoping for. The coconut is a bit too distracting. I'm glad I have an imp but I don't think I'll be getting a bottle.

In the Imp (ITI): White chocolate hits my nose first, but followed closely by the lilac, iris, and violet, I actually find the chocolate appealing.

Wet: Lilac, white chocolate, violet, and light sandalwood. It’s warm and inviting while being feminine and not overtly foody.

Dry: Violet is now running the show, which I adore. It is followed by the white chocolate orris, white sandalwood, and a touch of lilac. It’s nicely balanced.

Other Impression

So beautiful!

Upon opening: I get no chocolate from it except from the bottle when I take the cap off, and a little bit on the wet application, but it's amazing - I mean, a floral with chocolate and sandalwood? Incredible!

On the dry down, the chocolate disappears, and I'm left with just the most gorgeous floral with the soft white sandalwood underneath, and a hint of the coconut. I don't get any of the coconut on the wet application, but it comes out later as it dries.

I love this, I honestly just want to slather it on myself! It's just so gorgeous, I'm sure it's quickly going to become a favorite!

EDIT: It's been about an hour now, and I'm really starting to get the violets coming through! LOVE!!

Edited by lisalovesbpal

This is far more GOT Verys to me than an ancient Unicorn who knows regret. On me this is a cloying melted white chocolate truffle oozing overly sweetened milk fat solids punctuated my violet pastilles. This smell lingers and is very hard to remove. I wish it was green, woodsy, even sinister like King Haggard in same series. I'm very dissapointed.

The Last Unicorn film was a cherished favorite of mine growing up and still happens to stay close to my heart to this day.

When I purchased a bottle of The Last Unicorn it did not let me down. It was pretty much everything I had expected it to be!

Delicate, Ethereal, and innocent. I love it! It is one of my most favorite scents I own as well as quite wearable for Springtime.

It is most certainly a feminine scent that evokes thoughts of something pure, sacred, and magical. A free spirit!

One of the first things I got from smelling this was: "This smells like Unicorn sweat!" Tehehe.

For some odd reason either the white chocolate or lettuce note triggers fond memories from my Horseback riding days, reminding me of the sweet unique scent of Horse after vigorous riding on a sunny Spring day. I know I know, kind of strange.

This is also a great one to run through your hair. Picking it up on a cool breeze is just wonderful.

I like this blend a whole bunch. For some reason it seems to be an earthy version of Snow White. I could be crazy but the really remind me of each other. I see this being used a ton this spring.

Immediately out of the bottle, I get quite a strong grassy smell that is a bit sharp and sour, but then once it dries on my skin I get this gorgeous delicate floral white chocolate note that's just gorgeous and ethereal. The lettuce is definitely a key component in this smell. It's lovely, and one of my favorites. :wub2:

:moans:

This is absolutely fucking GORGEOUS on me at first. Perfectly otherworldly and creamy, and I can smell every single note.

Then it dries down to boring old lilac.

I wanted to love this scent but it's not for me.

My skin makes it have a very strong/high pitched flower scent mixed with baby powder. Bummer!

Edited by icecreamcone

On me this is almost just lettuce, and very faint at that. I am getting some nondescript sweetness from the rest of the notes, but nothing I can make out.

I might not keep my bottle, because it is just so faint, and I see very little purpose in wearing perfume that I can't smell :huh?:

The Last Unicorn was a MUST have for me. I wasted little time in getting a full bottle of it!

I grew up adoring The Last Unicorn and it has held a special place in my heart ever since.

It's an innocent and soft scent that brings out the feminine and gentle side of me. It makes me think of good things and feel a sense of safety.

The oil is sweet and I have no problem picking up on that white chocolate. I also get a soft floral surrounded by a little bit of greenery. (Must be the Lettuce?)

Also, There is something rather interesting I pick up from this scent that must be unique to me, for it reminds me of the sweetness of a Horses sweat after a day of Summer riding. That may sound a little odd but to me it is pure nostalgia and brings back fond memories of my riding days down south.

In no way is this a bad thing, again just something unique to me.

I have had my bottle for a while now and it has aged. I actually prefer this one fresher as opposed to aged. It takes on a powdery scent especially when dry.

This really is a lovely, ethereal oil and it will stay on my favorites for years to come.

Edited by MoonlitWolf

I was very worried about the lettuce in this being weird on my skin. Fortunately, I get coconut/white chocolate that is indeed very frosty (hint of extremely subtle mint there that adds the cooling effect). The lettuce fades in and out as a dewy, crisp bit of green. I get florals but not any lilac that I'm familiar with--I know it's one of those flowers that can only be approximated with accords, but so far I've had bad luck in getting the perfect lilac, soft and dreamy and spring-like.

But this is lovely, pale, and very strange while still being pretty. The various components settle together into a whole that can't be divvied up into separate notes, something white and velvety-soft but remote.

this smells like bad breath to me :(

i love all the listed notes, but I don't get any of them. just morning breath. so disappointing!

In the imp: Smells like a bag of white chocolate Lindt truffles.

Wet on my skin: Smells like I rolled in white chocolate truffles, but now there’s hints of leafy greens and lilac wafting through the air as I roll in the white chocolate.

Dry: The white chocolate note has finally calmed down, and now I can smell this lovely, light, almost antique or wistful sort of scent. I can distinctly smell the sandalwood and moss, and the green leaves, and then floating atop the earthier scents is this lovely cool purple lilac. It’s a very natural lilac, and the whole thing gives the impression of a summertime forest when the lilacs are in bloom. There’s a cool note to it, though, like how all of the greenery and flowers would smell after a sprinkle of rain. It’s very unusual, but I like it. I’ll definitely use the imp, and if it keeps working so well on my skin, we’ll see about a bottle.

Edited by DiesMali

This is magic! It is well blended but I smell each of the notes!! The lettuce is so pretty, I feel I am in a garden!! Eating chocolate! This must be how a unicorn smells. Surprisingly long lasting. On the bottle list.

Edited by Minh Scent

I've wanted to try this for months now...but never sucked it up and ordered the imp pack. I finally did a few weeks ago, and I am sadly disappointed. I SO WANTED TO LOVE THIS SCENT. And I don't even dislike it. I just get NOTHING from it. I get a very, very light, slightly sweet, slightly floral scent. That's it. It smells really interesting in the imp but on me: NOTHING. :ugh: (It just reminds me of the scent that would be left after you put on a really sweet perfume and then went to smell your wrist hours later. SO LIGHT.) Sad.

Edited by barilace

Gorgeous, gorgeous scent...the flowers are sweet and spring-like, the chocolate is light and a little decadent. And everything is gently warmed and anchored by the most smooth, languid coconut. Ohhh...yes. It has a skin-musk quality to it, the kind of scent that smells like you only better. Lovely!

The Last Unicorn was my favourite film when I was a child, and I've fallen in love with most of the scents in this collection. The Last Unicorn goes on with a strong, sweet white chocolate note, but that fades quickly and the lilac and oakmoss step forward on me. Fortunately, I don't get too much of the coconut, except as a softening effect on the orris and violet, which can amp badly on me at times.

Ultimately, it softens to a creamy, gentle floral that seems like a middle ground between The Lilac Wood and Lady Amalthea. It's really, really lovely, and perfect for spring evening wear.

Wet: White chocolate and something really bitter - might actually be the lettuce. The bitterness fades fairly quickly into something earthy. Not getting the lilac, or coconut, which is what I was hoping for.

Dry: Not sure? This doesn't last on me at all, it's pretty well gone within an hour. There's a vague sweetness, a bit of greenness left on my arm, that's it. What's left has actually gone a little powdery too, so I think this was just not meant for me.

The chocolate and coconut is pretty strong in the bottle and when wet on me, but it fades pretty quickly and I am left with a more floral scent with chocolatey coconut undertones. I never thought chocolate would be a note that I enjoy, but I am finding in these unique BPAL combos, I really enjoy it. This is like white chocolate coconut in a mist of florals. Lovely. I can't express how much this evokes the Last Unicorn for me, it's an innocent and sad scent. The notes would seem to make it light, but it has a lot of depth like the story itself. Stays close to the skin though so it needs slathering.

Lettuce is probably one of my top three notes, weirdly. I love the fresh crisp greenness of it, and I was really hoping to get another heavy-on-the-lettuce scent.

On the bottle this is so yummy! Light florals + lettuce and a bit of sweetness, so far so good!

As soon as it settles on my skin the chocolate and coconut come out with the florals and at this stage TLU reminds me a not of Snow White - it's not bad but I don't love SW as I find it a bit cloying.

Thankfully, it dries down to a fresh, whimsical lettuce-y floral <3 I love it so damn much. I'm so happy to have a bottle, this is a magical faerie scent and I'll be wearing it a lot this summer. :wub3:

I'm going to join the chorus praising The Last Unicorn.

Lilac and iris are the most dominant initial scents, but on the dry down, a fresh green scent blossoms. One of the most magical aspects of this scent is that it is a floral without being dowdy or powdery. The Last Unicorn is highly wearable and sits beautifully on the skin. It is flexible, and I feel like I can wear it in any scenario: at work, on the weekend, or on a night out.