Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
angelicruin

Wad Of Chewed Up Strawberry Bubblegum

A freebie included with Trick or Treat Inquisition orders. No description available.

Anyone who tried the Lolita v2 Prototype, this smells EXACTLY like that on my skin. Straight up sugary blast of bubblegum your mouth experiences after that first bite.

Edited by Shollin

Yep, it's strawberry gum! There's an initial burst of strawberry and the scent of plain bubblegum. But after that early sweet strawberry, I swear it morphs into cinnamon. It still smells like gum, only now it's Big Red. I was pleasantly surprised by this. I like this scent much more than I expected to because it's not too cloyingly sweet.

It's amazing how right on the ball this is - soft sugary gum a couple minutes after you've first gotten it all chewed up and the flavor and the scent are still so ripe that people can smell your gum from five feet away, kinda like Bubbleyum. It doesn't come across as any particular *flavor*, though, just the straight-up bubblegum, like Extra Original. Impressive!

My imps of this just say "wad of chewed up bubblegum" on them, but I guess it's supposed to be this scent? I'm not really sure, because it doesn't smell at all like strawberry on me. It just smells strongly of powdery spearmint gum and makes me feel sick to my stomach (I hate spearmint). Blech.

Mine says nothing about strawberry on the label, just "wad of chewed up bubblegum". I wonder if it's a different scent? It smells nothing like strawberry to me, just straight up bubble gum. Very spot-on, just not what I was hoping for - I wanted a candy strawberry scent.

This smells just like bubble gum. That weird candy sweetness, and the hint of the powdered sugar they roll the sticks in prior to wrapping. It is the most literal scent I've ever had from BPAL.

I starts of as a whole lot of bubblegum but with some sort of dryness to it as well. And then I get the same experience as blueroses: Big Red.

Edit: Big Red does vanish after a while and makes the sweetness of bubblegum come back.

Edited by Suusje

My imp as well says nothing about Strawberries on the label. In the imp, this is straight up bazooka joe.

Add me to the no strawberry list, but I'm not disappointed! I LOVE this. It's sugary, fresh Bazooka wet and sweet, soft bubblegum dry. Makes my mouth water every time I catch a whiff. Almost no throw, but that's fine. I don't mind not sharing and keeping it all to myself. :wub2:

Wad of Chewed Up Strawberry Bubblegum - The label on my imp also does not say "strawberry", just "Wad of Chewed Up Bubblegum." This opens up with a blast of super-sweet, sugary, Bazooka bubble gum. And then it quickly dissolves into the scent of sharp, medicinal Pepto Bismol, after which the mint in it becomes really overwhelming...and then the entire scent dissipates within 30 minutes. There's absolutely nothing strawberryish about this. It's a huge disappointment. I was hoping for something like the Lolita prototype with strawberry.

Edited by Edens Sixth Day

Wad Of Chewed Up Bubblegum smells exactly like bubblegum when wet. Fresh bubblegum that hasn't had all the flavor chewed out of it. Then when it dries it smells the same, but turns a little dusty. Dusty, not powdery. Maybe this chewing gum was thrown on the floor to gather dust. It's a cute scent! Something I'll never have a desire to wear, though.

In the bottle, it smells exactly like bubble gum, and it does the same wet on my skin, but as it dries down, the scent just turns to something generally sugary-sweet with a hint of bubble gum. Lovely!

My imp is labeled "Wad of Chewed Up Bubblegum"-as others have noted, I'm not sure that means it doesn't actually have strawberry or if they were all labeled that way.

Hmm...sniffing from the imp I don't really notice any strawberry-basically smells like sticky pink bazooka joe! Nom!! I used to love that gum as a kid :D

Ok, you know, maybe there is a touch of strawberry in there? Actually, on my skin this is a little less bazooka joe and a little closer to Bubble Tape, another gum I used to love as a kid. Yep, this is totally pink Bubble Tape!!! Hahaha, I haven't even thought about this stuff in years! Love it!

Yep, this is Bubble Tape in perfume form. Such a fun, awesome blend. Totally love it and will definitely hold onto the imp! Too bad this isn't full size bottle purchasable-I totally would have nabbed a bottle!

Sugary bubblegum. It sort of smells like strawberry bubbleyum but it dries to a weird strawberry jam/plastic on me. BPAL's strawberry note is often problematic on me. On the other hand, it doesn't smell like LOTUS allover.

This is just pure bubblegum on me - I don't get strawberry at all. It's the standard "bubblegum" flavor that you can get in most brands of gum. I love bubblegum as a scent - so I had to start hunting this one down. Unfortunately, to be able to wear this - since it's very faint and fades quickly - you would need a bunch of imps (hehe) I'm going to save it for special occasions and then slather and not feel guilty!

Wad of Chewed Up Bubblegum smells just like that. Pink bubblegum, with the white powder on the outside to prevent it from sticking to the wrapper, like lamenteuse said above. I'm disappointed about the lack of strawberry, but amazed by how dead-on the bubblegum scent is.

Wet: Sickly sweet pink bubblegum!

Dry: This is amazing! I can smell that white powder that's on those big pieces of pink gum. The scent has definitely mellowed down a bit, in a good way. I can't see myself wearing this really, but I think I'll keep it around. ;)

3/5

Powdery and chalky bubblegum, alright! I love a good bubblegum note, and while they tend to fade fast on me, this one is by far the worst offender. All I'm getting now is chalky strawberries, almost like candy.

Probably not gonna hunt for more since I've found better bubblegum scents that last a lot longer. But this was fun, and if reviews comparing this to a Lolita prototype are true, I am very glad I got to try this considering I have yet to try that one.