Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Voluptuous and indulgent! A deep chocolate scent, with black cherry and orange blossom.

The chocolate-scent is not too overpowering on me. I can smell it more in the bottle, or when wet on my wrists. Once it has settled and started to respond to my body heat, it becomes a subtle and delicious mix of cherry and... buttercream? There is also a floral aspect that I can't seem to pinpoint. I'm not sure if it's the orange blossom, as it doesn't really smell like that. Hmm.

Anyway, this scent is beautiful and I'm very glad that I opted for a 5ml bottle before trying it. One to wear during indulgent, lazy moods, reclining on a velvetine sofa and being fed peeled grapes by some attentive admirer.

This was a free imp from the Lab. It started out as obscenely strong cherry cough syrup with a hideously thick sweetness behind it that might have been the chocolate. These two disappeared and gave way to the orange blossom after drydown, which, while tolerable, I'm not particularly fond of. :(

All in all, this turned out pretty bad on my skin. But I'm glad I got to try it out, as now I know I can't stand perfumes with cherry in them!

My face when I first sniffed this in the imp looked something like D<. It was almost almondy and cherry, and really not all that appealing. Everything else really quickly fades on application, though, and the cherry really comes through. Sure it's artificial cherries with an artificial sweetener so sugary it'll rot your teeth, but I like it. Right now (it's about an hour after I put it on) I smell like cherry-flavoured lip gloss. I can see this being used sparingly, so I will definitely be grabbing another imp.

Nothing but maraschino cherries and cheap chocolate on me. So gross I had to wash it off.

smells like dusty dark cheap cherry chocolate - old box that has been waiting too long to be eaten...at wet state this was still deliciously chocolately but morphed into dusty plastics on skin

sadly not working on me

I've been wanting this one forever, and got it in a fairy package from SurrealReality. :D :D Thanks again!

In imp: Surprisingly little chocolate! The citrus is there right away, but I smell more orange than cherry.

Wet: There's the chocolate, but strangely still serving as a background note - not at all what I expected. The cherry and citrus are light but faint.

Drying: Hello chocolate, I missed you so! There's the cocoa I was looking for. Still almost no cherry and some orange. But then it's gone as well, and I'm left with a faint cocoa and cherry/orange citrus. Not the dark dive chocolate scent I was looking for, I'm afraid, and surprisingly faint. 2/5

Wet: the cherry and orange blossom obscured the chocolate. I can't smell chocolate at all!

Drydown: this is nice. exactly as described. strong dark chocolate with cherry center and orange blossom essence. Even smells somewhat musky giving it a sex appeal. This needs to exist in food form... for when I'm PMSing. It would totally calm me down.

There was an initial burst of cherry when I put on Vice, but it quickly died down and left me with dusty chocolate with a hint of sweet orange from time to time. It wasn't unpleasant, but it also wasn't something I wanted to wear. I found it hardly threw at all. I don't think chocolate scents like me very much, but then I've always preferred vanilla (in terms of ice cream, anyway :P).

This was a lab frimp.

In the imp, sickly sweet fruit, like the black plum in Bordello and a bitter almond note.

Wet: This went hideous on me. Sickly sweet fruit and some horrible plastic note. Dry down didn't improve it at all, and the sucker has lasting power. No chocolate, no cherry, no orange, just platic-y plum and grossness.

I get no cherry in this blend, just cocoa and orange blossom. However, this blend made me realize not all floral notes are doom on me. I quite like this a lot.

In the bottle: Chocolate-covered cherries.

Immediately after application: Not foody at all, a sophisticated orange and cherry scent with undertones of chocolate. Color me surprised!

Warming up: Some of the chocolate is coming out now. My skin seems to be slurping up the cherry and leaving mostly orange.

Fading: Rich chocolate/orange/cherry that is surprisingly not foody. By that, I mean not candy-smelling. It smells more like a liqueur or a fancy dessert.

Faded: Spicy-ish deep chocolate and mostly orange. Maybe a hint of cherry.

Overall: Very yummy but like I said, not over-the-top foody or sickly sweet. It's a sophisticated gourmand scent. Unfortunately I did a lot of cooking and so washed my hands/arms a lot and lost a lot of the scent. Boo. It still smelled amazing.

Vice on me settled like pure orange blossom with a chocolate undertone,

from start to finish I smelled the orange which I'm not very fond.

As much as I want to love Vice I can't, I miss the chocolate and I now know

I'm not in love with orangy sccents

Funny, I was worried most about the orange blossom in Vice when it was the chocolate note ruined it. In fact, I get no orange at all. Apparently the lab's chocolate note and I don't get along, as I have the same problem with Vice as I had with Boomslang and Countess Willie: the chocolate is dry and dusty, like a smooshed tootsie roll forgotten at the bottom of an old purse or under your car seat. With Vice, there's a dash of red fruit along for the ride, and while cherry is normally not bad on me (I just don't prefer it), it's overripe, sickening, and cloying. Vice is getting scrubbed right off soon as I finish typing this.

Cherry cough syrup. Straight up. It's ... well, I think my imaginary cold just dissolved.

Man. I was really hoping for chocolate and orange to balance this out. Stupid skin. D:

To my nose this is very similar to Dark Chocolate and Cherry with the addition of orange blossom, which gives it a slightly floral and slightly citrusy undertone. It is a little cough-syrupy in the beginning but dries down to a rich sticky cherry backed by bittersweet chocolate and orange blossom. I already have a bottle of DC& C so I'm going to have to deathmatch them side by side with to see if this one warrants a bottle of its own.

Edited by Invidiana

When I first got this as an extra, I opened it up and smelt CHOCOLATE. Sweet, delicious chocolate covered cherries. I kept it on hold for a few days and struck unfortunate PMS, and hoped this was the scent for the day.

Was it?

Well, sort of.

Why I got it: Twas an extra, but is helping realize I am a Foodie Guy.

In the bottle: The first time I tried it? Pure, delicious chocolate. THe time I tried it when I was PMSing and desperately wanted chocolate? Only cherries. Nothing wrong with cherries, but it wasn't that rich chocolate I remembered. Oh, Vice, you tricky vixen.

On the skin wet: A really dry, syrupy cherry smell. A teensy bit of chocolate was there but it was a very artificial feel to it. I felt sad.

On the skin dry: But then I felt better. It dried out a little nicer, although not fufilling my chocolate craving. I can smell the cherry predominantly and it's a lot smoother and less cough-syrupy now, more like dried cherries. Dried chocolate cherries and orange peel. It's not as strong as I'd like but I also didn't put much on once I realized how nasty it smelt wet on my skin.

In short, not the big chocolate scent I was hoping for, but a nice light scent once you get past how gross it is wet. Probably not a big bottle buy, but I'll use the imp. It strikes me as an elegant lolita scent or classic lolita scent when you're not going for straight out little girl perfume.

At first, kind of medicinal, like cherry cough syrup with a touch of dark chocolate. Dry, still lots of cherry, but it's more the marachino kind, and with the dark chocolate, it's smells exactly like the Rowntree's chocolate filled cherries. If you're into that kind of thing, great, get this. I happen to think the combination of chocolate and cherries is wrong (especially the cherries and chocolate that have fake ingredients in it). Eventually the chocolate fades somewhat, but it's still fake cherry. Cherry rarely works on me, so no surprise there.

Vice has an appealing simplicity, but it suffers from being almost identical to another BPAL scent, Akuma. Like Akuma, it is primarily an orange blossom scent, but with a background of syrupy cherry and dark chocolate instead of tart raspberry candy. I prefer the tangy kick of Akuma, and I'm not big enough a fan of these candy-like scents to need more than one, so I will be rehoming my imp.

In vial: Sweetness, but not exactly chocolatey. Odd. It smells more like the filling of a cordial cherry, you know, the gooey white stuff and the artificially colored maraschino cherry.

Wet: I am getting something I recognize as orange blossom, and cherry I suppose. It smells rather sour & off now.

Dry: This combo just isn't working. I don't think I can even wait it out.

Verdict: Without chocolate, it's not a vice for me!

In the bottle it smelt really bitter and acrid, with a dusty chocolate cherry scent. After I'd put it on, it remained rather bitter and dusty - like pure cocoa powder - with the cherry deepening and moving to the fore. During dry-down it got less bitter with a very sweet fruity scent and a sweet, sharp tinge of what I presume was the orange blossom. I don't know the throw or lasting power, as I work at a movie theater with popcorn butter smells everywhere. I did put a smidge on a piece of gauze which I put in the knot of my tie though, and that smelt pretty nice all day.

Very nice on my skin, but didn't work in my scent locket because it never stopped being bitter/acrid. I didn't like it enough to buy a 5ml bottle, but I definitely kept the imp.

Omnomnom!

No, seriously, this is delicious.

It's sweet, but not too sweet, it is like a dark hot chocolate drink with chopped black cherries in - it is luxurious and soft and warm and rich and amazing in all and every way possible.

I do find myself craving chocolate more when wearing it, but just the dark, expensive kind, so it's ok - no overeating, as the work vending machines don't have that :P

Chocolate and cherries may just be the tastiest mix in the world and this one just made it onto my bottle list :joy:

...orange blossoms? Maybe somewhere, making it less like I fell in a chocolate river and more like a perfume - I can't pick it out very much, but maybe it just adds to the awesomeness of the smell overall.

Edit: I've had it for a bunch of months now and it just keeps getting better :) Now, I can very much smell the orange blossoms and they clearly make this more perfume and very, very lovely. So glad I got a bottle way back then :wub2:

Edited by Asinya

Imp: Cherry cordials, y'know, those little glace cherries in brandy syrup enrobed in dark chocolate, and a fresh and lovely hint of orange extract. I usually don't like chocolate smells, even in the bottle, but this one is really lovely-- the fruit keeps it light and fresh but still very rich.

Wet: It immediately goes bitter on me for a moment-- there's the orange blossom!-- and then back to a sweet orange and cherry with a hint of dark chocolate. The neat thing is, there's something in here that makes it almost perfumey rather than foody-- not sure what it is, but it's lovely! It takes it from nauseatingly syrupy and thickly sweet to a sort of cheerful, sophisticated holiday scent.

Dry: A realistic and lovely bright cherry and orange blossom scent with just a hint of scrumptious dark chocolate. Totally wearable, which is really unusual for chocolate or foodie perfumes for me. I don't think I'll need more than the imp but I'll really love wearing this in the dark dreary depths of winter!

Smells like a Reese's chapstick I got a really long time ago. To me it's the same type of fake chocolate scent and I really didn't like it. Swap pile for me.

Wet, this was like those dark chocolate candies with the cherry syrup center. More syrup than cherry, actually. On the dry down the chocolate got more and more cocoa-powdery and the cherry smoothed out a little, but it ended up smelling just more like stale, bitter cocoa. I'm not a big chocolate eater, though I love the scent normally... this smells like the kind of chocolate I'd spit out. :(

So very cherry in the vial and nothing else. Wet, the cherry tones down and the orange blossom gradually grows and grows until it dominated the cherry and becomes practically one-note. Where's the chocolate? It's been fifteen minutes and there has been no change. It's alright but nothing to write home about.