Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Voluptuous and indulgent! A deep chocolate scent, with black cherry and orange blossom.

Wow - I just got an imp of this yesterday, and now I'm going to grab a big bottle!

It started out smelling like dark chocolate covered cherries, but as time went on, the orange emerged, as well. On the whole it is wonderfully dark and sweet.

I'm hooked!

In the imp, I suppose it's cocoa - really just says SWEET to me, but a distinctive kind of sweet that must just be the cocoa screaming out at me. It's thick and rich upon application - it smells as if it should be sticky and syrupy! :P

As it dries down, it becomes really...interesting. I like it. Definitely getting the flowery fruity scent of the orange blossom and cherries, with the unmistakable chocolate, like a high quality candy bar. Yum!

It starts out heavy, but dies down to a very subtle fragrance, as they all seem to on me...

The very first thing I smell are cherries (cough syrup cherries), but I also smell sugary cocoa right behind it, and the cocoa is a much stronger note on my skin. The cocoa actually veers into slightly plastic territory on me (I think that the orange is responsible for this, though I don't immediately detect it and I don't know exactly why I think that). I'm not really into bright foody scents, so this one will have to go off to swaps.

Lab-fresh imp.

Imp: When I first got it, it smelled like chocolate-covered cherries. Today it smelled more like cherry syrup.

Wet: Chocolate-covered cherries, with a stage that was cherry blossom.

Dry: Subtle chocolate-covered cherries, with a hint of orange blossom. I like it.

Bottle: Chocolate!

Wet: Chocolate, cocoa and cherries. Mmmm! :P

Drydown: The cherries are really coming out. Almost above the chocolate. It makes this more wearable and less heavy. The orange blossom is really in the background on this one.

3.5 outta 5

The orange blossom in Vice really stands out! Wet, it's very chocolate-covered cherry but the orange blossom blooms (heh) more and more as it dries and keeps it from getting too sweet. I wish it had better staying power; it barely lasts an hour on me.

Edit: I spoke too soon about the wearlength of Vice. I put some on 3 hours ago and it's going *very* strong, still. Maybe post-shower skin amps it up better? At any rate, it's absolutely delicious.

Edited by Iceblink

Vice smells delectable.

In the bottle, it smells exactly as described, chocolate-covered cherries tinged with lilts of orange blossom. On my skin, it immediately takes on the scent of warmed melting milk chocolate. The cherry and orange are lost. After about 5 minutes, the chocolate levels out and the scent is one of chocolate-covered raspberries.

While the smell in bottle and on my skin is lovely (and my date labeled me dessert-ready), I was disappointed at how quickly the scent faded and how lightly it sat on my skin. For me to even have a reasonably light amount floating around me (enough for me to catch occasional whiffs), it took waaaay more than any of the other scents that I've tried - enough that I am going to burn my way through my imp really, really quickly.

So, even though I really like it, I'm hesitant to buy a bottle because of the burn rate. Maybe that sounds a little silly, but if I'm going to buy it, I kinda would like it to last a bit.

Oh Vice...

This smells quite nice in the imp. It was a sort of a bitter dark chocolate smell with a whiff of sour cherry.

Unfortunately, it did not mix well with my skin. During the drydown it went sort of...Dr. Pepper on me would be the best way to put it I suppose. Dr. Pepper smeared over some kind of floral old lady perfume. :P Not a good mix.

It got a little better when it fully dried. I could find the chocolate smell again, but now it was kind of...chocolate mixed with cough syrup? Time for me to wash this one off.

Basically, Vice was no match for my skin chemistry! To the swaps pile you shall go!

Wet: Cocoa-ey, powdery, slightly fruity, kind of cotton candy-ish.

Dry: Cocoa and baby powder, very feminine. The cotton candy note stays.

A nice light scent. Not a deep rich chocolate. Strangely it smells richer on one arm than the other.

Overall, a good buy. Not my fave BPAL, but nice. Foodie/dessert scent lovers will like this one.

In the imp, Vice is chocolate and cherries. Wet on my skin, it's a lot of milk chocolate (hello, Bliss) and some cherries. Maybe a little orange in the background. Dry, the cherries are in front, the chocolate is in the back, and the orange is gone. This is good, but I wish the chocolate were stronger. I'll definitely keep it, though.

This hasn't been truly "tried", as in, I got it all over my fingers when I opened the imp to smell it... I'll update this when I go the full day wearing it.

In the imp it has a very strong chocolate/cherry smell, simply divine; but on my fingers the orange really comes through. Once I actually apply it properly I"ll give it my verdict. For a second it smelled like toothpaste, but it was very brief, only a minute or so... I think it may have been other oils mingling with it (I have White Rabbit on my wrists, and the box of oils in my lap). A couple hours later and the smell just won't leave my fingers! I'm not altogether sad about that though, in fact quite the opposite! The chocolate isn't so strong now, it's a very sweet fruity smell with just a hint of the chocolate. Will definitely be wearing this tomorrow! Slathered! NOM NOM NOM. It may be early to say this but this could be my first 5ml purchase.

Edit: I decided, since it was overpowering it anyways, to wash the White Rabbit off and slather the Vice before I went to work. It was a good choice. The throw was decent for a couple hours. Verdict? Awesome.

Edited by Pincushions

In the bottle: Holy dark chocolate cocoa batman!

On Me: Reminds me of those wierd cupcake dolls of my childhood. You know the ones, where their skirts were bendy plastic that you fold out to make her a princess, and fold in to turn her into a cupcake? Chocolate with some kind of cream, and a hint of cherry and orange. Tasty, but a little plasticy.

imp: the lab's chocolate note always smells far too synthetic to me so it smells like chocolate-flavoured something rather than chocolate. in this case, it's artificially flavoured chocolate cherries.

wet: dark, congealed cherry syrup. at least the chocolate makes this just seems dark and gooey rather than fake.

dry: well, this dries much nicer than it starts out. a nice cherry and orange scent.

Definitely chocolate and maraschino cherries in the bottle and when first applied, but after a few minutes, the cherries fade away and the orange takes over completely. I'm wearing this to bed since I didn't think I'd like smelling like chocolate all day, but it turns out that shouldn't have been a concern, because I can't even smell the chocolate anymore! It's just a sweet sugary scent now. We'll see how this fares in the morning...

Morning: Yep, still the same sugary smell. At least I wasn't expecting to love this one, so no hard feelings. :P

When I first got my imp of Vice (~2 years ago), all I could smell was dirt with a little chocolate thrown in. I just dug my imp out a bit ago, and I have to say that aging two years or so has done wonders. It's become the most delicious, lovely fruity chocolate scent! I generally don't go for foody scents, but this is perfect for today when I'm sniffly and sick - it puts a smile on my face everytime I get a whiff :P So I would say that if you have the patience and desire, let Vice age a bit and you may be very pleasantly surprised.

Edited by ElinaMakropulos

A sexy, foody combination of chocolate, juicy cherry, and sweet orange. It reminds me of a chocolate covered cherry, but with a playful kick of citrus. The scent stays true over time, too. It’s such a fun, flirty scent, I think I need a bottle.

I was excited about this one, because really, how awesome would it be to smell of chocolate-covered cherries? Things didn't get off to a promising start, however: I got all cherry and no chocolate from the imp, with a little nuttiness thrown in for good measure.

Wet, I still didn't get any chocolate. The cherry was mixing with something that made it smell a little off, maybe the orange blossom. The sweet, artificial "food" scent put me in mind of the ice cream-scented My Little Ponies I had as a kid.

As it dried, the plasticky note died down enough to let the cherry come out and play. There was also a nutty smell, rather like Frangelico, but not as pleasant. My wrists smelled like some kind of candy, but certainly not chocolate. My husband didn't catch any chocolate either, with a first impression (some hours after application) of orange that morphed into cherry candy of some kind.

Verdict: I'm disappointed that the rich cocoa/chocolate-covered cherry notes never came out on me, and I'm not sure that the floral/nutty/quasi-cherry scent is for me in spite of the fact that Vice got more pleasant over a span of hours.

In the imp this smells exactly like those Orange shaped and flavored chocolates that you smack down to break into wedges. Sadly, the moment this hits my skin the chocolate dissipates and leaves nothing but orange. However, it is not a bright and lively orange -- rather, a more mellow, chalky and candy-like orange. It's interesting, but I wish the chocolate didn't disappear so quickly.

In vial: chocolate - real chocolate, not the dry, powdery cocoa of El Dia De Reyes and Gluttony.

And cherries - real cherries, not the "cherry" that smells of almond essence!

Wet on skin: chocolate blancmange and juicy, red cherries with a lighter floral note that must be orange blossom. Nice!

Dry on skin: wait a minute! Where did the chocolate go? This is very nice, but the chocolate has all but disappeared, and is providing a sweet, rich, slightly creamy background for a pretty mix of cherry and orange blossom. It's very sweet and almost edible, although it doesn't actually smell of any recognisable foodstuff now. I could totally wear this!

Afterthought: this is a chocolatey version of Bloody Mary - cherries and cream on a subtle chocolate base, yet still perfumy rather than straight up foody. It doesn't change much, but stays the same lovely scent for hours. Win!

Oh yeah chocolate, and a very good one too.

I don't get the florals but the cherry is in the back there and makes it deeper or takes it into another dimension.

It's gorgeous!

As it dries it turns to cherries more than to chocolate, and I think a little sugary floral note is coming through, very faint and in the background.

Oh man - just when I didn't think it could be prettier it proves to me it can.

The only sad thing is it doesn't last very long on me. That could change with reapplying though, it usually does.

I want a bottle.

This one was a frimp in my first ever order ... I'm sorry to say that it did not do well on my skin. :P

The scent became intensely syrupy sweet and very synthetic - reminding me of some kind of cake from my childhood in the 70s when 'artificial' foods (as opposed to 'natural') were all the rage. It's the only BPAL so far I can't wear at all but I'm hoping one of my friends might love it and give it a home instead.

I did not know the notes when I put this on. in the bottle this is syrupy sweet but in a good way. on I got a whiff of almond and then a sweet sweet cherry. I never had a whiff of chocolate. This smelled really nice but lasted less than 45 mins before dissappearing on me.

I got this in a swap as a extra. I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!! It is my faveriote so far! It smells exactly like Choclate coverd cherries to me! So :P Yup I am buying a big bottle of this.

I truly love this scent.

In the bottle the orange and chocolate are overwhelming in a super yummy way.

Wet, the cherries pop out to say hello.

Dry, it's like having melted chocolate on my skin with cherry syrup and orange juice layered in there.

The only complaint I have is that it doesn't last long on me. It's 3 hours later and it's almost completely faded from sniff. Faint chocolate is all that's left. I miss it already.

I guess I'll just need to get a lot more bottles since I'll be reapplying often. This is a favorite smell for me.

This is yummy without being overly sweet. The initial impression of chocolate mellows and the cherry (which smells more like raisins or dried cherries to me) comes forth with a light orange blossom sweetness that's just the barest hint of floral. As if fades, I get the impression that this perfume is resting on a base of amber. It's really quite soft and lovely. If you hate artificial cherry candy or cough syrup smells, don't let the black cherry scare you off. I wouldn't even describe this scent as overtly foody. I'm definitely going to get a bottle of this.