Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Voluptuous and indulgent! A deep chocolate scent, with black cherry and orange blossom.

In the bottle: Smells exactly like a box of Mon Chéri chocolate confectionery. A "heart" of cherry, floating in liqueur and contained in a housing of dark chocolate. Not my favourite kind of candy but something I associate strongly with my mom, who loves her brandy chocolates.

Wet on my skin: Very much the same. This is actually rather nice for a chocolate scent. The dark chocolate and the cherry work really well together, making this a bitter-sweet indulgence. I wonder about the liquor scent I'm getting, though. There's not supposed to be any liquor in there, right? :P Since the brandy has come and bumped her off the stage, the orange is probably sulking somewhere in the backyard. Haven't seen her yet.

After a while: The brandy is gone within the first 1/2 hour, leaving behind a very mild cherry&cocoa scent that others have described as well. Ah, and finally, I get some orange too. After two hours it's sadly all gone.

Verdict: The initial Mon Chéri scent is very sexy, all dark chocolate and cherries and brandy. This stage is a bit too "loud" for me and I actually prefer the *I-slightly-dusted-myself-with-cocoa* scent I get a bit later. No bottle for me, but the imp is a keeper! Anyone who likes chocolate should really try this one. Edited by tigerfish

Vice is truly all about chocolate-covered cherries!

In the bottle, you smell the candy deliciousness, though initially on, a strange scent rises up and tries to throw all the chocolatey, cherry deliciousness awry... It seems almost as though the orange blossom is trying to rise up, only achieves soapiness, and then gives up in a huff and stalks away, because after a half-hour or so, this is pure vanilla-chocolate-cherry heaven.

A lovely, pure chocolate treat (and here I was doubting that perfume could capture a truly chocolate scent!). Perhaps a little too foody for my own personal tastes, but a delightful experience nonetheless!

This is one I picked up back when I thought I was a foody. It really does smell like chocolate covered cherries. Fantastic how she can do that, but just not me.

This reminded me of chocolate cake with warm cherry pie filling on top. While it's a lovely scent, I simply can't wear it. The berries are way too overpowering.

Edited by beturtlement

wet: chocolate oranges with a cherry on top

dry:chocolate oranges with orange blossom and black cherry.

somehow all of this is mixing to form something nutty and pine needle like..the orange is turning into plastic push-up pops.

Decided to wear this to work today.

sniffed from imp: cherry chocolate and something really bitter and mean.

After I apply (which I did rather liberally, since I am finding out the timid approach isn't serving me too well), that bitter (acrid?) mean note still is sullying what is clearly chocolate bliss. Seems to be fading, thankfully. The flowers keep it smelling like "perfume" which is a little confusing to my nose. Food, or perfume? Perfume or food? One wonderful thing is that this has much better throw initially than some of the others I have tried so far. I can walk around enjoying myself, but I don't get the impression that I am stinking anyone out.

After about three hours, this is still around, and kinda nice, though I'm not 100% in love. The artificially "perfumeyness" has receded and leaves a kind of pleasantly artificial chocolate behind. I can relate to the person who mentioned tootsie rolls, and also the chocolate chapstick comparison. I don't dislike it though. It makes me want to try other chocolate scents, as I wonder if the chocolate/floral combination is throwing me off. I'll keep the imp, and maybe it will win me over before I am through with it!

Almost 8 hours later... still have the faintest hint of scent right at my skin. Natural and feminine and just a teensy bit foody. I really like that it has much better lasting power than some of the other scents I have tried. I was starting to think there was something completely wrong with me, especially with how Ghost and Dana O'Shee fizzled into nothing almost immediately. I think I may just have picked light scents to try initially, and this is a little heavier.

I get the faintest whiff of chocolate but the main thing I smell is orange blossom. There's a weird playdoh-ish scent in the background too. I don't think this fragrance likes me very well. I may try it in a scent locket or as a room scent and see if it does any better for me that way.

In bottle: Woo, cherries!

On Skin: Woo, fake cherries! Oh man, this is like that Strawberry Shortcake doll scent, where she smelled like fruit and powdery plastic.

Drying: BLAAARGH. *nauseous* Hokay, washing off now. Note: I still dislike cherry scents, and most almond scents except for Hecate. Also, I took a chance on orange blossom here, but I can't tell if it went sour on me as it tends to or if it was the disgusting cherry all on its own.

In the bottle: Extremely pale yellow oil. Sweet, but not too much so. Not that foody. The chocolate is like a high cocoa-milk version. Orange blossom is surprisingly bright and orangey, much stronger than the cherry.

Wet: Much more cherry, less chocolatey and sweet. Smells like Maraschino, not black cherry - artificial. VERY fruity in combo with the orange, which is more fruit than flower.

Dry: Now the orange fruit begins to fade and the blossom emerges. Cherry has backed down a bit, and chocolate is even fainter. Going a tad soapy.

Later: The cherry's a bit less artificial, the orange blossom much more floral. That orange blossom is also a bit powdery. Chocolate, where are you?

Summary: Orange blossom first and foremost, with some orange fruit and a hint of soap, then slightly artificial cherry, and if straining, a faint hint of hot cocoa. Low throw, weak lasting power.

First post, first review!

In the bottle: bitter, bitter chocolate and cherry. The cherry didn't seem artificial, but juicy. There is a little bit of a sharp, clean note in the background which is confusing. Is it the orange blossom peeking out?

On me, wet: Cherry comes out more. Still juicy, and yummy. It reminded me of gummy candy. The chocolate is a little sweeter but not quite where I need it to be. The orange blossom is gone.

On me, dry: Chocolate and cherry are even. No improvement on the sweetness. The scent is very light.

Overall, this was not what I expected. I anticipated a sweet, rich chocolate scent and it truly was not. I could have lived without the orange blossom even though it isn't very pronounced. This also fades super quickly- an hour and it was all gone. And I applied liberally.

Ooh.

*test*

Eurgh, this is not for me! :ack:

Not a whole lot of chocolate, and MAYBE some kind of cherry. Also this was my first encounter with orange blossom. :rasp:

You'd THINK this would be freakin' delicious and I guess it is for some, but I perceived an odd salty, plasticky note.

Passing it on!

In the imp: This is chocolate-covered cherry candy, and the name "Vice" is spot-on.

Wet on skin: Still smelling like chocolate-covered cherries. It's kind of cloyingly sweet for me.

Dry on skin: I'm getting some difference between what was applied to my wrists and what's on my collar bone--less chocolate and more orange blossom and cherry on my wrists, more cloying chocolate-cherry on the collar.

Now it's about two hours later and the chocolate on my wrists seems to have been lost entirely at some point on the way to work and the orange blossom has grown kind of dusty on me. :huh?:

All in all, I think I'd like it better if it were a more even blend of chocolate and cherry in the dry-down.

"Love Lies Bleeding" leaves a similar result on me, but I think I might prefer it to this. I'll have to do a side-by-side comparison later.

Wet: Very Chocolate-and-Cherries ish, with a huge helping of Yum. Ridiculously rich and indulgent.

Dry: It lightens up somewhat, but still very chocolatey.

Overall: I completely fell in love with Vice - after I tested it, it was 2 weeks before I could test anything else from my order, because I couldn't bring myself to not wear it every day! Probably my favourite so far.

Ok, I don't know if it's the meds I was just put on or what, but my skin pretty much devours this. But from what I can smell, it's really delicious. The cherry isn't as strong or sweet as I expected. This is mostly dusty dark chocolate, orange blossoms, and a hint of cherry.

I really like it and will have to experiment with ways to make it last longer. :)

Holy moly! I've recently discovered that my skin LOVES orange blossom. This smells like Vixen dipped in a light layer of dark chocolate. Frack me... :yum: I'm not a foody BPAL'er, but this is amazing!

This was a complete surprise to me. For some reason I had always thought of Vice as a masculine scent, and didn't read the scent description carefully enough. I rec'd this as a frimp from the lab, and gave it a shot tonight.

The scents in this are so melded together that I would never be able to pick out the different notes. This smells like a sweet, succulent dessert of some kind. It's not sicky sweet on my skin, but the cherry and orange mixed with the chocolate is just divine. I keep huffing my wrist!

Sniffing the imp, it's chocolate covered cherries. :yum:

It remains much the same on my skin, except orange blossom comes out as well and just makes this a lovely chocolate-cherry-orange blend. :heart:

I like sweet foody scents and think this scent is ok. It smelled mainly like orange blossoms on me, very floral and no chocolate.

imp: orange blossoms with cherry cordial syrup (like the kind in a chocolate covered cherry)

on me: orange blossoms with a faint sweetness

one of those wrapped-in-orange-foil orange-flavoured chocolates (yuck) mated with a chocolate-covered-cherry (also yuck) and this is their child - simple and true to the description: chocolate orange cherry.

if that sounds like your cuppa, you'll prolly love it.

Vice do smell like chocolate on my skin, but it smells like very old chocolate that has gone white and taste dusty. Not pleasant at all. :-(

I was very happy to see motherofchaos post the same review as me: Vice = Coppertone!

I actually really like Coppertone, so I may end up with a bottle at some point, but it does seem to fade kind of fast on me.

But yeah. Chocolate covered cherries turn to Coppertone on me. Weird :yum:

Edited by Ondine

WHOA in bottle smells reeeally similar to Cherry Garcia, haha.

Gets sort of mucky on the skin. The cherry goes a little sharp, the chocolate no longer smells chocolatey. The orange blossom seems like it might be amping and interfering with the other scents. It becomes more palatable as it dries down. Still strange though. Nothing like the individual notes listed. Orange blossom seems like it might just go sort of plasticy on me. Thankfully this did not last long, though I don't usual apply a lot.