Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lucretia

Penis Admiration

Lilac, ho wood, smoky vanilla, galbanum, and tonka.

This one is a morpher on me. First on I get sweet, almost caramel for some reason. Then HELLO lilac with something a bit sinister in the back (galbanum?). The dry down is much more ethereal and complex though, the lilac is barely there and the smoky vanilla and ho wood come out. On me it's definitely in the same family as Fairy Market. Really happy with this one finally!

This is the oddest scent I have tried yet. Wet: Lilac. Just :rant: (screams) at you. Then something creamy. Creamy freakin lilac. :sick: With hints of Ho damn wood. The gorgeous sweetness of the smokey vanilla is hiding somewhere in the background...yelling help...I am drowning in creamy freakin lilac. :ack:

And then poof. The lilac all but disappears and floats up back to wherever it came from. And now hints...the barest hints of smokey vanilla are coming out. Slightly sweet smokey vanilla and lilac. I probably should have gotten a decant of this but alas my excitement brought me the bottle. I think I will age this one to see if the vanilla will :whack: some of the lilac out of this. B/c really...once the cream goes away this is quite a lovely lilac and vanilla scent.

I like this way more than I thought I would. Its light and pretty. Its a little creamy, but I can smell the lilac and vanilla. I actually really like it, but what do I say if someone asks what I'm wearing? Of course I'll have to tell the truth, so it could go like this: "that's right boss, its called Penis Admiration", which would be ok since my boss is a woman. If you like the notes in this its definitely worth trying.

I really like this blend. I am a huge fan of the smoky vanilla, ho wood and tonka. I was not sure about the lilac as this is the first blend that I have tried that contains it.

In the bottle its a creamy lilac with a floral woody incense lingering in the background. Faintly powdery.

Wet its much of the same but a little bit more of a skin musk feel to it. Like clean skin that has been dusted with an incense infused baby powder. Its pretty, but catches at the back of my throat a little.

Dry the baby powder feel goes away leaving a spicy creamy vanilla-lilac wrapped around the ho wood. The spice is more incense, which after looking up galbanum, I found that it is frequently used in ritual incense in the middle east.

Not really what I was expecting, thank you lilac, but it's really pretty and very different form the other BPAL oils that I have in my collection. This hangs closer to the skin, but does have a moderate lasting time. :)

Very happy with this one.

Penis Admiration - When I first smell this in the bottle, it smells amazing. I am certain it is going to be the "winner" of this year's Shungas, if not the entire Lupercalia update. The smooth, warmth of the tonka and the smoky, sweet vanilla blend together to create the most gorgeous scent. In the very far background is the tiniest hint of lilac, but it's barely there. And then I put it on my skin and it all goes to hell. The moment it touches my skin, the lilac revs its engines and pushes its way to the front of the blend, and I have to say, creamy tonka-vanilla and lilac absolutely do not work together. It's just a really, really bad combination of notes. I keep hoping the lilac will settle down or that the tonka and vanilla will move far into the background, but pretty much, they all vie for the dominant place, and the end result is a really bad smell on my skin. I am so sad because without the lilac, or with about 1% of the lilac it actually contains, it could be a gorgeous scent. I wish it smelled on my skin as awesome as it does in the bottle. Oh well, that just means there's more for the rest of you, I suppose. :(

On me, this wavers back and forth between nothing but lilac and lilac plus smoky, creamy vanilla and tonka. I can smell the supporting notes better in the throw, but up close the lilac is really strong. I'm not usually a fan of florals at all, but my mom grew lilacs in the backyard when I was a kid, so the scent has a certain amount of nostalgia for me. I wish the vanilla and tonka were stronger and the lilac a little more subdued, but this is still pretty wearable, and might make a nice scent for spring.

I get what some are staying about this feeling a little disconnected.. The lilac is a little sharp compared to the creamy note. The initial throw (and BOY is there ever throw!) is indeed screaming lilac. But I love lilac :D As the cream note morphs to more of a vanilla note it becomes just goooorgeous. I'm interested to see how this changes through the day when I give it a full day wear test.

Edited by MCS4096

Oh wow Oh wow oh wow..... this is good. I tried this at a meet 'n' sniff yesterday and it was yummy on me (and icky on the person who purchased it, so I swapped for it ^_^ ) .

Hoping I did the right thing, I slathered some on today and *OMG yes* it was the right decision! Creamy vanilla & lilac all the way. There's a touch of smoke somewhere in there but it shows up only briefly. No strange disconnected anything, just pure loveliness. The throw, on me, is moderate. Not sure how long it lasts. But It.Is.Good.

i actually really like this scent.

wet: in your face lilac.

dry: lilac fades into the background and vanilla and ho wood and something else (geranium?) comes forward.

doesn't seem to be a morpher on me like Needlework. I like floral scents so I have been wearing this one quite a bit lately and will be buying a bottle.

-liz

Oh. mygod. This is good. No, really...this is goooood.

Sorry, I think I may be a bit asphyxiated from shoving my wrist up my right nostril. To me, this is a show stopper. Light, smooth lilac wrapped in warm smoky vanilla.

This is sex. It's sex... but not sweaty, musky, end up in traction later type of sex.

This is more "first time you make love to the one you're in love with" sex. Sex during a spring afternoon, with the windows open, under a crisp sheet. It's warm, it's sweet, and stays close to the skin, just like it seems a scent like this should....yet still manages to waft its tenticles around my nose occasionally, resulting in my eyes rolling back in their sockets.

Ok, enough blabbering....final verdict. Yeah, it's THAT good. I have a bottle, and am already wondering if it's going to be enough.

Unlike everyone else, I do not smell any lilac at all in this! Floral, yes, but definitively lilac, no. Of course, nothing in particular really announces itself, not even the vanilla. It reminds me of Peach Moon, which must be the ho wood. Fresh out of the imp, it's a little too strong and flowery, but given ten or fifteen minutes, it mellows out and becomes quite nice.

This is a floral I can wear!

In the decant/wet: It's very sharp lilac but also creamy.

Drydown: The smoky vanilla and ho wood balance out the lilac. It has a dreamy light incense feeling here.

An hour later: There's a tartness that has come out, I think the lilac wants to be the star here. It's fine though because the it still plays nice with the smoky vanilla.

My verdict: I haven't ever gone wrong with the lab's smoky vanilla. This is no exception, even though it's quite different from Raven Moon and The Illustrated Woman. It's a lovely, feminine springtime smoky vanilla blend.

And what will I say when someone asks what I'm wearing? :blush: Probably, "Oh, you know, just another one of those hippie oils..."

Testing these as I decant them out. This one is a very creamy, vanillaish lilac, and, how shall we say it, very... suggestive, which might be the tonka. Like, not even knowing the name or the image, I would've thought of a dick. On my skin, the lilac comes forward first and foremost, and the smoky vanilla. We'll see what this does. Ends up being pretty single note lilac. Going to pass this one on, as it's just not for me.

Edited by Venneh

Whoa! Lots and lots of lilac with maybe a hint of creaminess. As time goes by the lilac gets more and more creamy and maybe a bit little smokey. I think this blend is ridiculously pretty, but unfortunately my skin decided to eat it within the first 30 minutes. :(

All the notes are present and accounted for and work together in a lovely fashion. I was hesitant about this scent, because of the lilac, but here it's just lovely and light and fresh. The tonka and vanilla give their sweet notes but do not overwhelm. Galbanum is always welcome because for me it's like crisp green apples, only with a slight resinous touch. The wood of course is the base note, and it's around this that all the other notes swirl and combine. Definitely a springtime scent.

In bottle/imp: Smokey, herbal creaminess.

Immediately on skin: The note I mistook for herbs in the decant is actually the lilac, drawing over this blend with a very cool feel. It’s laid over smoky, creamy vanilla and a touch of warm tonka. The ho wood and galbanum kind of deepen the scent, taking it away from foody vanilla and making it a touch creamy, but also deep and sexy.

After a little while: This is woody, smoky, and slightly perfumey. Lots of vanilla and rich tonka with a thin blue floral mist of lilac wafting above. Deep and rich and lovely!

Overall Impressions: Ah, what a lovely scent! The lilac floats above the richer, creamier, smokier notes. It’s all blended nicely, smoky and woody vanilla with an overtone of lilac. So pretty, and a bit like Haloes.

I bought this one for lilac and vanilla. Love those scents.

In the imp, there's an alcoholic scent. like a creamy alcohol, almost like a white russian or something.

Once you put it on, it's full on lilac. Every so often, a hint of vanilla comes out. Overall, though, it's mostly lilac for me. I might get this one if it was a GC but not an LE. I will keep the imp and try to see if the vanilla comes out a little later on.

Needlework let me down in the lilac department this Lupercalia, but Penis Admiration is a gorgeous lilac scent on me <3. It smells like real, fresh lilacs (cool, blue, waxy/creamy, honeyed, fresh lilacs) and a really interesting vanilla note. I don't know if it smells really smoky on me, but it's a sweet, sultry vanilla. As it dries down, there's something floral-spicy about this (not foodie-spicy, but rich and spicy in the way that some flowers smell). The overall feel is of a really exotic, sweet lilac... I keep imagining that this smells like butterflies, or would be a great scent for attracting butterflies, lol.

I don't love this quite as much as I love the Blue Lilac single note, but I'm down to hoarding my last decant of Blue Lilac SN, so it's nice to have more lilac blends. My other favorite lilac scent is Spirit of the Komachi Cherry Tree. Penis Admiration is a sweeter, heavier sort of lilac blend. I'll at least keep my decant of this, and might try to track down some more in the future.

Edited by Little Bird

I can't decide if I need a bottle of this or not. I like it, but there's something dirty about it. Not dirty as in dirt; dirty as in way too much naked flesh to be appropriate for the general public. Heh. It's slightly creamy and slightly floral, but also manages to smell sort of soapy and like the type of skin that is pale and usually covered with clothing. (Someone on another board said it smells like penis; and while I certainly wouldn't go that far, I could see why someone would say that.) Sometimes the lilac becomes a little cloying, which is the make-or-break part for me. I love the creamy vanilla-and-wood base, but that top note floral is strong.

eta after a full day's wear: No, I do not like this on my skin. It goes from the notes above to salty boiled peanuts. *gag*

Edited by Leopard403

In the decant this was a warm and buttery vanilla festival. So, of course, I immediately put some on!

On my skin, there is a whole lot of lilac, not sharp but creamy and vanilla-influenced. It's light and pleasantly floral. Like a light, tropical evening breeze through flowing curtains. Not something I would associate with, you know, penises, but quite nice all the same. Although on second thought, it's likely that I presumed naughty smut when really this instance of Penis Admiration is in a very romantic context.

I'm slowly beginning to realize that in many cases I quite enjoy lilac, and I shouldn't lump it in with the florals that are awful on me.

How crazy! This really does smell a bit like a clean penis! :blink: Beth is damn talented.

It's that tonka and galbanum coming together beneath the wood, vanilla and lilac that really gives it that clean, private skin feel.

It's gorgeous and a bit cleanly naughty (it's a well washed penis at least) on me with the lilac adding a touch of sweetness and light to the smoky vanilla behind it. The ho wood is there, balancing everything out...and behind that is the tonka and galbanum swirling together to add depth. Very nice.

I'll keep my bottle but I don't think I'm going to need another like I thought I would.

This is very well-blended. The lilac, vanilla, tonka, and woods combine to a warm, furry, sweet scent where none of the notes sticks out as something distinct. I tried this one yesterday to compare with today's Needlework, and this is definitely a warm, winter lilac as compared to Neelework's fresh floral spring/summer scent. The vanilla lushes out the lilac such that it goes almost jasmine-like.

Well...All I can say is that I've admired many a penis is my time, however this one (unfortunately) will not be one of them. I'm not blaming the oil, it's most likely my sniffer or skin chemistry, but damn!

First off, once applied, it has alot of throw for about 15 minutes, then it's basically gone. I get a hint now and then, but nothing anyone else can detect. I have a blind spot for jasmine, and evidently lilac too. It smelled a bit musky and musty...no florals or vanilla.

After a few hours, I did smell something like a musk, but it was just a little off. I was thinking that I will probably get used to it. I reapplied before bed and hoped for the best.

DAMN! I woke up to this odd, medicinal, organic disturbing smell which is one of the most unpleasant BPAL experiences I've had. Everything seemed to have disappeared except a sharp, sour organic smell...like rotting wood. I've come to the conclusion that ho wood and I don't mix. I was hoping for lilac...I love it and it's spring after all! I might gingerly try this one more time, but if that nasty note comes back, off it goes.

i like this one. the lilac in this is different than the lilac that i think BPAL used in the past...or, maybe it's just the way the notes blend? this lilac works quite well with my skin chemistry, while previous ones did not. anyhow, i get a fairly strong lilac note with something else i can't place, but the tonka and vanilla come through later. the lilac settles and the vanilla becomes more prominent after a burst of slight smokiness that lasts awhile. i feel like there are other florals in this, but i can't place them. maybe it's the galbanum, which i am only a little familiar with...

a nice scent-i'll keep my imp and like it quite a bit.

Edited by theseagrows