Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Venneh

Flora

FLORA
Everybody in the sporting world knows Miss Flora Meeker and she knows everybody worth knowing. So it is unnecessary at this time to make any introductory remarks about Miss Meeker, suffice it to say she is still at her same old place where she has been for a number of years past, doing a boss business which deserves, Miss Flora is well thought of by all and her house is patronized by the best element. Carnival visitors should not overlook this swell mansion where the cream of female loveliness will be found which is situated at No. 211 Basin avenue.

Miss Flora Meeker's Palace of Mirth

Sweet, wet fruits, sibilant Eastern musk, apple blossom, tuberose, calla lily, osmanthus, wild orchid, amber, and sandalwood.

In the decant, this is a really fruity floral; I'm getting what I'm pretty sure is the apple blossom and a combination of the florals.

Once on my skin, the fruit and the florals are mixing together in a way that makes this smell like Eris on me, almost, but with a more floral edge (living up to her name), and with a more general mix of the fruits. She seems to fade away pretty quickly, sticking really close to the skin.

I think I'm going to give her some further testing, as I"m not really sure of what to think of her just this moment.

EDIT: Having tested her further, the combination of fruit and floral ends up being very similar to shampoo on me, and is just not something I want to smell like.

This is much lovelier than I thought it would be. I get mostly sweet apple blossom, sandalwood, and fruit. Nice because it's not too fruity, nor is it overpowering floral.

I think I may purchase a bottle of this soon. For now, I will enjoy my decant. :)

In bottle/imp: Lots of apple blossom, with juicy fruit blending into it.

Immediately on skin: This smells like apple blossom, but super fruity. Fortunately the other fruits are drowning out the apple part of the note, so it’s a bit more floral, plus those other fruits. There’s a topnote to this scent that’s very perfume-y. The calla lily maybe? The musk is lingering softly at the base of this scent, filling out the fruity notes.

After a little while: This settles down to a very fruity, bright scent with a hint of sweet apple blossom and orchid.

Overall Impressions: I was hoping that this scent would be a little more complex, but it dried down to a pretty but simple fruit and floral scent. It’s nice, but orchid tends to get a little cloying on me, so I wouldn’t enjoy smelling it for long periods of time. For some reason, this blend reminds me a lot of War.

On the skin: Fruityness! With sandalwood! Mmmmmm!

On the drydown: The florals come out a bit more. Hmmmm, I wish this scent hadn't morphed on my skin...

Flora - This is a very fruity-floral scent. It has a heavy apple scent, which surprises me since apple blossom never smells like apple on me and usually smells like soap. The tuberose isn't as strong as it tends to be on me and blends gorgeously with the other fruit notes, and I love the addition of the orchid to this. The amber and sandalwood are very subtle, but provide a really nice base for the flightier fruits and florals. It's a pretty scent, but doesn't last very long on me for some reason, which is a bummer.

This smells really sweet and yummy out of the bottle. It's a good combination of sweet, fruity, and floral to balance the sweetness from the fruits, but not too heavy (definitely apple stands out).

It smells nice on, but I wish it would have lasted longer. I put this one on before work- it smelled great! Throughout the morning, I could still smell the sweet scent, but it was fading. By lunch, I couldn't smell anything unless I sniffed my wrists. And it did leave a nice sweetness on my skin, but I wish the scent lasted longer. I definitely love this in the scent locket, only because it keep the scent longer!

based on the notes, i thought i'd really like this blend. but somewhere between the "wet fruits" and the tuberose....this goes wrong. and all i can smell is something like apricots or mangoes, or some other fruit i can't stand.

In the bottle and on my skin at first, this smells oddly like a coconut & mango scented soap. I totally get a too sweet, fakey coconut scented suntan lotion smell from this.

As it dries down, I start to get some of the chemical, perfumey sharpness from the florals, and a tart, apricot-like smell.

I smell like I slathered on some bad, cloying suntan lotion and then drenched myself in cheap fruity-floral drugstore perfume. :ack:

A tiny dab of this is still way too heavy, too sweet, and cheap smelling on me. I can't wear this one...

This is like a jolly rancher candy, maybe apple, with bright florals. So basically a candy-like fruity floral. Very bright and cheerful blend, but not really me. :lol: It goes kind of musty after a bit, which makes this even more undesirable. Off to swaps.

Mmmm apple blossom. Slightly sweet & kinda tart. This is all apple blossom, sandalwood, amber and wet fruits & florals. Besides the apple blossom and sandalwood, the other notes are so finely tuned and blended that I really can't pick out any of them on their own. The wet fruits and florals are a great balance for the dry woodsy sandalwood, and once it has a chance to really linger on my skin it becomes this spicy, creamy, woodsy floral.

Wow, this is so pretty! It starts out very heavy on the apple blossom and wet fruits, but as it begins to dry down the amber and sandalwood come out to play. Once dry it's a very light scent on my skin, but one where I don't have to put my nose up to my wrist to smell it. This is going to be perfect for springtime, so I'm definitely picking it up in my next order.

Hm, apple blossom? So why does this smell peachy on me? I'm sniffing pretty hard, and I can't turn that peachy scent into something that smells like apples no matter how hard I try. Nope, it just honestly really smells like peaches on me. The florals are there but not prominent -- can't pick any single one out -- and the musk, amber, and sandalwood give it a good firm base. But mostly it seems like a soft fruit scent. Not a loud one, a soft one. Pretty and feminine. It wears fairly close to the skin.

I like this, and I'll definitely keep my decant.

This is so pretty - on me, it's mostly apple blossom sweetness with a little musk, lily and orchid, and the amber & sandalwood are adding to the overall muskiness, which I'm happy about because I think that without those, Flora would be far too sweet and floral-y.

After it's been on my skin for about 20 minutes, it's turned into a very soft and wispy apple - I have to lean in before I can smell it, but that's kinda nice - sometimes I like to wear things that only I can smell, especially when they're as pretty as this one.

I may have to buy a bottle of this one, I'm really enjoying it :smile:

In imp: sweet fruity-musky-floral - mmmmmm!

Wet on skin: sweet, pretty and fruity-floral.

Dry on skin: very tropical-floral and juicy, definitely related to Tiki Queen. Nice but not stunning.

Second day slathering: osmanthus stands out a little, but it's an otherwise almost seemless blend of musk, fruit and smooth florals. Very creamy. Traditional enough to wear to a job interview, but the throw is fairly huge, so you'd need to apply it sparingly! Considering a bottle.

Like filigree, Flora has hints of peaches on my skin, though if I concentrate really hard I can see how that comes from the apple and sandalwood combination. I was worried about that mention of musk, but I can't smell it at all. As others have mentioned, this isn't identifiably fruity nor is it an obvious floral, but it lies somewhere in between the two. It's quite lovely.

Hmmmm...musky apple peaches at first. I do catch whiffs of the tuberose as it dried down. Smells sweet and light on my wrists but heady on the inside of my arms.

This has the potential to smell like shampoo but it doesn't go that route on me. Flora is a very mixed bag. It reminds me of visiting my aunts and uncles in south Carolina. It's a warm summer wind with traces of fruits and flowers in the air...I like it the way it is now and I'm sure I will like it even more when it ages.

You might think that with a name like Flora, she'd smell devastatingly flowery, and that is just absolutely not the case here.

Flora is a beautiful fruity-floral, with everything well-blended so that nothing dominates. I feel like the the wet fruits may be a hint of peaches, perhaps. But I think it's the Egyptian musk and sandalwood that's really making this such a knockout. It reminds me of Bastet without the almond.

Really amazing, warm, and luxurious.

ETA: My favorite out of the entire District! :)

Edited by sqwook

Miss Flora is another one of those scents that doesn't morph on me at all. In the bottle and on my skin I get apple with a hint of peach, amber, and a fair amount of orchid. The apple is prominent, but it smells more like a crisp, fresh cut apple than apple blossoms. Overall I like it! Definitely a keeper.

Imp: I wonder what those fruits are. They're not berries or plums. Something about this does remind me of apple flesh, not just apple blossom. The apple blossom is quite strong, however and I mostly smell that with a faint hint of osmanthus. Reminds me of a fruity, younger and less visceral Dreamland.

Wet: Apple blossom all the way. I always forget how much apple blossom loves my skin.

Dry: Still predominantly apple blossom with a bit of soft orchid duskiness. Not smelling the amber but this does seem darker and a bit more stabilized than the ingredients would suggest otherwise. A bit of dry incense from the sandalwood as well. However, all this shows up only when I get up close and sniff. The throw smells like Garnier conditioner on my skin. It reminds me of just getting out of the shower.

Throw: Good.

Overall: I like the scent of shampoo but don't want to smell like shampoo. I think this one is a pass.

Thanks tuberose, for staying in line. That was a relief!

Like others have said, this is dominantly fruity with a fresh floral background, The amber and sandalwood grounds the bunch nicely, making it palatable instead of overpowering. The orchid came out on drydown, giving this a creamy vanilla-like whisper. Completely underrated!

I do like this, but I think I will need to take more care to be sparing with it. It's very, very, tooth-achingly sweet. I put too much on and I smell a bit like a fifteen year old girl who likes her perfume so much she marinated herself in it.

Fruit is definitely dominant, but the combination of orchid and sandalwood gives it a little something extra.

APPLE BLOSSOM. YAY. Apple blossom is one of my favorite notes ever and it is ALL OVER this scent. There's something else fruity and juicy in this scent too, maybe plum, and I can also smell lily, but mostly APPLE BLOSSOM. I amp it, and I love it, so it's a good thing.

This scent doesn't morph a lot from that...pretty much stays as apple, plum, and apple blossom, with a little bit of extra florals in there for interest. It's like a more appley Kitsune-Tsuki. Or Kitsune-Tsuki goes on vacation to visit the Hesperides. Or a flowerier Pomona. You get the picture. I love fruit blossoms, and this is a sterling example of one.

Sweet.innocent, almost candy-ish. On skin a bit more intense still very sweet but in a youthful way.

This is so a mish-mash of fruit and roses in the vial, and then when it goes on my skin it's all a sweet combination of apples and tuberoses! Not something I thought I would like, but I love it. The apple is very green-apple, and very true.