Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sierona

March Hare

A twisted teatime tart: apricot and sweet clove.

March Hare - Wow, fruity and spicy! The apricot note in this is immediately evident, followed by something slightly spicy that at first smells like cinnamon, but which reveals itself upon dry-down distinctly as clove. What a fascinating combination of scents! Incredibly fresh and fruity, March Hare doesn’t suit me as a winter scent, but I’m hanging on to it and will be much more likely to try it again in the spring and summer months. March Hare has a pretty light amount of throw, but it seems to last for a reasonable amount of time, although the apricot fades more quickly than the clove as time goes by.

this smells the way a certain mall-store always smells to me...

the Briar Patch.... semi-upscale home decoraty knicknacky stuff. candles, potpourri, throws, side tables, stuff to hang on the walls..

i always thought the store smelled yummy -- and it smells like this.

apricot preserves and clove. whoda thunk it?

On me, this smells like pepper and pears -- I adore it, and bought a 5ml bottle based on my imp (which went far, far too fast).

What the descriptions says, cloves and fruit juice all the way. I, too, am reminded of spicy fall candles. Very yummy. :P

This is the closest I've ever smelled to a true apricot scent. Fresh apricot that is, not candied or mixed with another sweet note like vanilla. The clove stays in the background but does complement the apricot very well. I actually would have preferred a little more clove, and perhaps some other spices and something sugary, but that's just me. For what it is and how it's described, this is an excellent blend, just not one that I'd wear often.

Wow. This was practically pure apricot until well after the dry down period where it ended up as slightly cloved apricot. While it may make for an interesting tea cake topping, it's not one for my skin.

March Hare:

imp: apricot and clove. clear as day.

On wet: apricot and clove...still clear as day.

Dry-

The clove is WAY too heavy on me now. It's like, CLOOOOVVVVVVE!!!!"

Unless this thing changes A LOT soon, it will go to the swaps ASAP.

Summary:

YIKES! On my skin, this becomes "icky candle." The clove amps too much and turns all plasticky. I loved the apricot smell at the very beginning (in the imp) so maybe I will look for more scents with apricot and stay away from scents with clove. Swap-er-oo

this shouldn't work, but it does!

i love this and will be getting a 5ml asap.

the apricot stops the clove from being overpowering and the clove stops the apricot from being swwet and sickly.

gorgeous and a good throw as well.

Yep, apricot and clove. A simple combination that works well, the notes balancing each other out. It's a warm, chipper little scent, just the thing to dab a drop of in your cleavage on a sunny day to keep your mood upbeat.

I first picked up the apricot, but the clove does come through after a couple of minutes. This isn't really a scent that I would wear every day, but it's rather lovely.

Not a fan. It smells like potpourri aisle at craft stores like Beverly's or Michaels or some cheap "spicy Christmas" candles. Blech.

I wanted to love it. :P

Exactly as described, with the apricot being stongest and the beginning and the clove being strongest at the end. Overall a nice scent, but there are other apricot scents I enjoy more.

This is one of those scents that matches it's description perfectly - it's an almost equal mix of apricot and clove on me. I never would have believed it before, but I adore it!

In the bottle, it smells mostly clovey and general 'fruit' - it's hard to tell it's apricot.

Once on, though, you can easily figure it's apricot, and the clove comes out and makes you remember it's not just an apricot lotion or something.

It's a strong scent, though, and I only need a tiny bit of it to go a looong way.

This one is a good work scent, or even going out to dinner, but it's not really a 'bar' or 'clubbing' scent, to me. I wear it to work a lot, though!

March Hare really reminds me of those awesome old school apricot fruit rollups. Not the new kind that are tiny and lame, the old ones that are big and smell like spiced apricot. From on my neck I can smell the apricot more so than on my wrist...on my wrist I get a really awesome spicy, warm clove with a bit of sweetness.

Wet it was more clovey and potpourri scented than on the skin...I am glad it dried down to a more skin-appropriate scent, as I don't like smelling like my mom's bathroom sprays. It softened quite nicely and kept its scent for a long time. Not tooo much throw, but just enough that I could smell it when I moved about.

This isn't a scent I'd wear all the time, but it is definitely a beauty to keep for cozy days with hot cider and a blanket!

Wow, I really like this! I was afraid it was going to have that "dried apricot smell" but it's lovely... I see a bottle in the future- this would be great for fall!

This is indeed just like the description of apricot and clove. Mmm. After about 30 minutes I started to get a sort of doughy thing in there too, like pie crust. Nice! I'll be trying it again on a cold day.

Deliciously sweet. At first the clove scent was WOW over powering, but it quickly faded. I definitely smell the apricot, and it's lovely. I think this is going on the keeper list folks.

Wet, this is gorgeaus spiced apricot The cloves don't go crazy, and the fruit is just dripping with sweet tartness. Alas, as it dries, it turns a bit sour and artificial-smelling on my skin. This might work in a scent locket for me.

Apricot and sweet clove.

On me and in the bottle, all I can smell is the apricot. It's an ok scent, but, Katharina is a lot nicer apricot scent.

Initially nothing but apricot. Or peach, I can't tell the difference at all. When it was in the (fr)imp there was some kind of astrigent in it that was apparnt when I carelessly huffed it, probably a prepubescent clove. The clove starts to come out the second its on my skin and stays a few paces behind the apricot. This was one of my first bottles, I love this because its so strong and long lasting. :P Not much morphing, although it gets more of a "golden" feel the longer I have it on.

But another of my favorite things about it is that the second I open my bottle my cat Shad comes running in through the door and comes to sit on my bed.

Hooray for this scent!

It's sweet, but not too sweet. The peaches (apricots or whatever) were light and the cloves mixed perfect. It is one of my favorite scents to wear in autumn and for day time at work!

Not too much throw, but it lasted several hours on me

Fruit cocktail...supernatural fruit cocktail, the kind you'd get in a fairy mound; you'd still be picking shreds of apricot and cherries outta your teeth when you left the party and realized ten years had passed.

Do all the Carrollian scents have this somewhat juvenile, fey quality? Not surprising if they do, given the gent inspiring them (and his, ahem, "interests"), but thus far, in the Three Way Dance cage match between Carroll, Lovecraft and Shakespeare I've been booking, Wild Bill and the Providence Prophet have left Lewis looking up at the lights.

Edited by billaguru

Yummy apricot! I get a slightly spicy clove to this but I'm sooooo thankful that it doesn't overpower this wonderful juicy fruit! Oh soooooo good! I feel like I could bite into my arm! :P