Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sierona

March Hare

A twisted teatime tart: apricot and sweet clove.

March Hare smelled absolutely lovely, although the spices were subdued on me and the scent faded utterly within about three hours. Still, I think I'll hang onto this one -- it cheered me up, smelling it, and maybe if I apply more (or at a different time of the month) it'll be a fuller and more lasting scent on me.

This is definitely one for the fruity lovers among us - I get barely any clove both in the bottle and on my skin, but boy does that apricot smell yummy! It is sweet and ripe and just a little cooked into the tart. This is a scent that stays true on me from bottle through drydown until it fades. It is not a scent I would want for everyday, but it is definitely a yummy fun spring/summer scent for playtime! :P

In the bottle and wet on me: Apricot and clove.

Drying down: It smoothes out a little, but it's still a nice straightforward blend of apricot and clove; just the right balance of sweet and spicy. For very specific reasons, I think it smells foody (see below) , but Nancy says it's more fruity than foody.

Over all impression: Back in the 70s when we lived on the beach north of Santa Barbara, Mom used to make her own apricot jam. We'd get the apricots from this "pick your own" place and then all hide while she took over the kitchen and I occasionally heard words an 8 year old probably didn't need to hear. She always used cloves in the jam, and this smells exactly like opening up a jar of Mom's jam. The "twisted tea time tart" made me laugh because she'd make a jam tart with her jam and a shortbread kind of crust, although I don't remember it as being twisted. Then again, I was pretty young.

GF's reaction: She really likes it.

Bottle (Imp): OOH! Sweet!

Just On: I am way loving the sweetness of this already. I can't figure out what it specifically is, but YUM.

An hour or two later: Ooh, I can smell the apricot much more clearly now. This is gorgeous.

Around 6 hours: Still apricot, apricot, apricot. I like.

12 hours: A bare whiff of apricot. Yum.

Overall: Oh, this is going on the big bottle list.

After reading other reviews: I didn't really get the clove out of this, but that's okay. The apricot is wonderful, and this goes to the big bottle list. This is almost the same as the apricot SN on my skin.

Wet on me this is predominantly apricots, but there is something else there as well. It's odd it's a scent that's almost not there, but it's distinctive in its way of being not being there, its like the centre has fallen out of the middle and I can only smell the edges (I don't think this is making any sense). Dry this is just pure fresh juicy apricots, which last really, really well. I'm a little disappointed that I don't get any clove from this, but overall it's a really, really lovely scent. The light fruitiness is great for a hot sticky day, but I also think it would be comforting on a cold winters night. I'm so pleased, this is the first of the Tea Party Range that I've liked.

Apricot & clove. Apricot & clove. Apricot & clooooooove... It's a sweet clove, not the spicy strong clove found in Port-Au-Prince. Mixes well with the ripe apricot. Mostly apricot when wet, then it starts to fade as it dries, but doesn't fade completely. It's sweet, semi-spicy, & fruity at the same time. Definitely one of the better apricot-scented blends.

oh march hare, how do i love thee??

let me count the ways!! :D

this blend is phenomenal!!

upon application, all i get is thick, heady apricot and butter :P

but with all the lab's blends, timing is of the essence....after about 1/2 hour this turns into the most lavish, heavenly concoction :D

not like a pastry or cookie....maybe slightly cakey....and now the clove peeps her pretty face through.........positively dee-lish and my flavorite scent from Mad Tea Party...... :D

A ripe apricot dripping with juice, from the beginning to the end. Amazing.

I don't want to smell like this, but I *do* want to eat my arm.

In the bottle:

juicy juicy juicy apricot

On me:

I was really eager to try this scent. Before I got into BPAL, if someone had asked me if I would wear something that smelled like apricot I would have said no. But since then I have realized that I love it. There is something about Beth's apricot blends that I just adore. They're fun and sweet, but not too sweet, and kind of playful and even sexy in a way. This is no exception. The clove is wonderful, it's pretty mellow but in a nice, dark way. It's gorgeous.

Final note:

Love love love this.

Mmm I love apricot and this has tons of it with a touch of clove spice. Gorgeous and juicy and summery, the dry down on this was warm and a little vanilla. Sooooo good and definitly one I think I'll be adding to my big bottle list.

How have I not reviewed this already?! This is my HG of BPAL so far!

I got March Hare in a swap and I practically wear it daily. On me it's a very sharp apricot, very sweet but mellowed out by the clove so it's just a warm, round, pleasant smell. When I first got it it reminded me of a general store in a mountain town I go to every year to get Christmas trees. It had a smoky/spicey/wintery fruit candle smell that I associate with that place and it brings back a rush of good memories every time I wear it. Sniffing it never ceases to bring me out of a bad mood, or perk up a dull day.

Both apricot and clove are notes that agree very much with my skin, so March Hare is a wonderful, wonderful blend for me.

I fell in love with March Hare when I sniffed it in the vial, fruity scents are so me and it smelled of pure apricot. Sadly going on the apricot is overpowered by the clove completely. It still smells nice and I'll use up the rest of the imp but don't like it enough to buy a bottle.

It smells like overripe apricots and well, clove. Though, as it starts to dry down, the clove starts to dominate, and I cant handle that much of it. Shame too, cause the apricot is nice.

Another one of the first imps I ever tried and I was happily given another imp a little while ago by the lab and I realized that I should have gotten a bottle of this a long time ago! This would pretty much be a perfect fall scent. Since I love clove but hate cinnamon this is a great spice scent for me, and I love love love the lab's apricot -- Depraved being another favorite. There's not much else to say except that this is a perfect vision of golden-orange autumn spices and fruit for me and it never ceases to light up my eyes and wake up my brain when I sniff it. I asked for a bottle for my birthday, which will still be in the middle of the fall season and I think it will play nicely in the winter too, a warming blend on cold nights. This is the kind of thing that I could just never get sick of, and its simplicity is absolutely perfect.

provenance: lab lagniappe!! thank you!

in the imp: whoa. strong, in your face fruit.

on my wrist, wet: apricots. honest, true to life, ripe apricots

on my wrist, dry: a fruit scent that doesn't make me run screaming from the room! :D or give me a headache! :P yayay!!

drydown: now with loads of spicy clove. yessssss!! spice loves me! maybe this is why the apricot works??? all i know, is that this reminds me of the fried pies that my dear husband has introduced me to since i have come to live in the southern usa. this is a good thing. i don't normally like sweets, especially if they are not chocolate in nature, and dark at that. but this???? omg. yum.

edited because i can't spell. :D

Edited by tesao

This scent was extremely fruity on me. It reminded me of Bordello, which is more plummy than peach/apricot. I didn't get very much of the clove, as the fruit seemed to take over very quickly, becoming a very full and ripe fruity scent. Quite strong on me, but not one that I love.

March Hare is so amazingly strong and fruity. I definitely would recommend it to anyone who is a fan of fruity blends.

It doesn't work well on me and I'm not very fond of fruits. It starts out smelling like very strong apricots. They're overly sweet though. Like overripe apricots or apricots from a can to be used in cooking grand little desserts.

In the drydown the clove definitely makes its presence known. The clove mixed with the apricot is making me think of pies. For a while the clove gets so overpowering that it's all that I can smell, but it mellows down and blends nicely with the apricot.

This won't be a repurchase for me, just because I'm not crazy about fruit smells... but I like it nonetheless.

March Hare – Out of the bottle this is a sweet peachy scent. Very peaches & cream. On application this scent starts to deepen into something exciting, almost alcoholic schnapps & perhaps a little almond-y. A very fruity scent, & although peachy this is nothing like air freshener, this is very juicy. A dessert perfume.

My goodness, this is strong. Even in the bottle, it leaped out and grabbed me by the throat. Clove and apricot. There's no doubt about it. The clove struck me more strongly, simply because it brings to mind a lot of winter holiday scents. Kind of like walking into a craft store in December, except much more real, much more alive.

After a while, it fades nicely, but the clove is still predominant on my skin. A couple of hours later, and the clove is very faint, but the apricot is still there.

This is more of candle-type scent, to me, but it's also the kind of scent I can't stop sniffing while I'm wearing it.

Oh wow do I love this. I love the smell of cloves, and I love the smell of apricots, and I really wish I'd gone ahead and bought a big bottle of this with my Lab order.

It's so sweet while it's wet, and as it dries it mellows out. I keep thinking I smell a little bit of milk and apricot, and then all of a sudden there's this delicious spiciness....

After an hour or two, it changes again...I can't place what it is, but it smells clean instead of sweet or spicy.

My brother's the pickiest person I know about scents, and upon sniffing it he said, "Hey, that's good!" Which is roughly a 'Two thumbs up'.

So simple, and so good.

More apricot jam than fresh apricots, this is rich and sweet, and only very lightly touched by clove, at least until the drydown.

This is going into my regular fall rotation, but I think its complementary sweetness and spiciness makes it an appropriate scent for summer and winter as well.

Oh my. This is perfectly delicious. Fresh, sweet apricot, kept from being cloying in its sweetness by the bright bite of clove. This doesn't change at all on me from start to finish-- it's pure, rich, juicy, spiced apricot bliss. Mmmm. A really nice springtime fragrance!

This is an incredibly happy scent. It is just a wonderful golden apricot/peachy fragrance that is tangy and sweet and spicey. I am very cheered up while wearing it--I LOVE it! I may even get a big bottle of it.

March Hare is ALL apricot on me. I'm not getting any clove at all.

This is a playful, little girl type of a scent. I can imagine myself wearing this in Jr High School.

I really like March HAre, but I'm a bit dissapointed the clove note didn't show up on me.

In the bottle: Oh my God! The yummiest, juiciest fruit you could possibly imagine! I do smell a little bit of the clove, too, but mostly it's just fruit, and real fruit too, not sickly chemical sweet.

Wet: The rich fruit scent sticks around, but is joined by the smell of sweet flaky pastry. This really does smell like an apricot tart on me. *g*

Drydown: The more it dries, the more the clove comes out, but the apricot sticks around too. I have this apricot jam that I love, and the apricot in this is the smell of that jam.

It lasts and lasts on me, too. I must have it.