Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sierona

March Hare

A twisted teatime tart: apricot and sweet clove.

I was sooo excited to try this one, and it promised to be !looove! at first sniff, out of the imp (which at one point reminded me of red kool-aid! YAY childhood summer memories.)

alas. :D :D :D

As soon as it touched my skin, it's all cheap & waxy holiday candle, or one of any cheap vanilla perfumes that I simply cannot tolerate. Just: ew. :P

I would definitely like to use it as a room scent, perhaps, or utilize it in some other way, because in the bottle? OMGYUM. As long as it is not touching my skin. :D Edited by Shollin

Ooooooh. I LOVE this. Spicy warm apricot, a bit heavy but it sticks close to my skin. This is absolutely beautiful, the clove keeps the apricot from being to juicy and fruity for me. I was worried this was going to be too foody for me, but this is definitely going on my big bottle wishlist.

Mmmm apricot right out of the imp. As soon as it's put on, the clove comes up and is all HEY. I'M HERE TOO! *is clovey* But, they mix well.

If I sniff too closely, it gets plasticy. Oh no. :P March Hare, you are NOT going to swaps yet. I much be too cold for you to work properly. I will set you aside and try you again when I am not freezing. Because you are yummy.

Edit: Well, I retried March Hare after showering earlier today and I have decided that I love it. After it warms on my skin and such, it's just.. yum. I'm about to reapply right now because... Mmm. I don't care that I'm going to sleep soon. IT IS MMM!!!

Edited by sideviewhotel

This one's sweet, but I was hoping for a bit more spice. Or, well, any spice, really. It's a very warm, sweet apricot with a base note of vanilla, very much like an apricot tart. I can even smell the pastry, the brown sugar sprinkled on top, and a little tiny bit of cinnamon/nutmeg, but there's no clove. It's very sweet and apricot-y, and very pretty. Definitely more a spring/summer sort of scent, though, and I think it might even warm up more when the temperature does. Even so, it's worth keeping, and maybe even getting a big bottle eventually.

MMMMM, APRICOT HOW I LOVE YOU! I don't get any clove out of this; it's pretty much pure apricot from imp to skin. Unfortunately, March Hare does what Katharina always did -- it fades very quickly. It has almost no throw, and after half an hour I can't smell it anymore. Apparently my skin loves apricot as much as I do because it sucks it up too quickly for me to fully enjoy it.

Wow, is March Hare ever sweet. Before even opening the bottle, I get a smell that's almost like apricot syrup or cordial.

When I put this on the sweetness is still overpowering. What a disappointment! I was really looking forward to trying a spicey fruit scent, but I'm getting almost no clove from this. I smell like those cheap apricot gummies that they sell in convenience stores. :P

This is way too foody for me. Off to the swap pile!

Edited by Sycorax

Hmmm. I like this one, but not as much as I'd hoped to. Apricot and clove are both good notes on me, and they work well together, but ultimately it just feels like it's missing something. Maybe if those notes were put together with the background notes of Imp -- amber, musk, patchouli -- or something like that... Something to give them some depth. It also does a quick fade.

As it is, it's a bit too much like a potpourri or scented candle scent. Pleasant, but not particularly complex or evocative. It's just sort of... Yep, that's fruit and spice, all right.

Grade: B

Edited by Miss Lynx

I get a lot more clove out of this than apricot, which is ok. Unfortunately, the spot in my heart reserved for spicy fruit scents is already taken by Block Buster - plus, the latter fragrance has voodoo attached to it. March Hare is all right, but it's off to my swaps box for it as my imp collection is getting out of hand.

March Hare is a perfect blend of apricot and clove! My skin LOVES this one.

My initial impression was Yum, this smells edible!! I love fruit/food scents.

Wet: Lots and lots of spiced apricots (which also smells a lot like spiced peaches to me/on me?)

Dry down: The clove is coming out now....

Hours later: It was a perfect blend of apricot and clove. Sometimes one scent was stronger than the other, but without ever overpowering each other.

For hours I smelled like I was baking a spiced peach pie. (Again, I have a hard time differentiating between apricot and peaches on me. But my nose kept saying, Peach!)

This is my favorite BPAL yet!

Scale of 1-5 (5 = no doubt I MUST buy a 5ml)

5 (heck, I'm kicking myself cause I didn't buy a 10ml)

:P I love March Hare, and it loves me back.

This one has almost no morph...it's juicy, spiced apricots and peaches all the way. I adore fruity and spicy scents, so this is right up my alley. It's really gorgeous....not too foody, but sweet and sensual.

Once I have the money, I'll probably be getting a 5ml. :D

March Hare

I think this is my fav apricot scent after Siren. It's candy sweet but with a sour freshness, very edible indeed. I get canned apricots in syrup with cream. It's also a little tropical and reminds me of DSH's bamboo pulp

Oh wow, this is sweet!

I smell apricot and a tiny bit of clove in the imp. First on, the apricot backs off a bit, just a bit. Both notes are still there.

Oh, this is yummy!

The jury's still out on this one. I adore both apricot and clove - and March Hare is very distinctly those two notes. However, I also smell like a giant Yankee Candle. Delicous, yes. A little tooooo delicious & foody for me to go around wearing it all day.

Yes, that's just like apricot tarts baking, or fresh apricot preserves: warm, sweet, golden, slightly spicy. It doesn't have the depth of other BPAL blends; it isn't sexy or mysterious or complex, but as a yummy comfort scent it really works. I have a 5ml and am planning on spiking my body lotion and hair with it.

The creature loves the scent of fruit, especially peaches, with a burning, passionate love. *I* think he's on crack, but he's a guy. They're *all* on crack.

So, in deference to his fondness for peaches, I ordered March Hare. I figured, worst case I'd smell like plastic apricots (which is close enough to peach for the creature). I was wrong. I don't smell like plastic apricots. I smell like cloves :P. I love clove. And there's a hint of apricot sweetness. And instead of being so heavy a scent that I can only use a teeny tiny dot from the imp wand, it's light enough that I can slather a bit. The only problem with the scent is we both like it so much that I don't want to try the rest of my order.

Edit:

*sigh* This scent has changed a lot since I got it, or my skin chemistry has. I'm not sure which yet. I should know in another couple months (TMI: I take Depo, so a "menstrual cycle" winds up being 3 months long. When I got March Hare I was in the early stages of a cycle, I'm now in the PMS stage.).

Anyway, now all I get is sweet, generic fruit. No clove. No butter. *sob*

Kalli

Edited by Torrilin

This is the first GC scent that I've put on and immediately known that I had to buy a big bottle.

This smells like spiced apricot jam. The cloves are very sweet and the apricot is juicy but not overpowering. It does kind of remind me of a scented candle but is much better. I want to lick my arm. :P

It seems to have good throw and stays strong on my skin, which is good since oils seem to quickly fade on me.

Imp came from a swap.

In the imp: Apricot preserves and spice....YUM!!

On (me wet): Very sticky and sweet apricot preserves. There is a hint of spice which gives it an almost Yankee-candle smell to it. I hope it cools off a bit...

On (Me drydown): Oh now, it calmed down and I really like this. It's very sweet-sour apricot with a spike of clove! It's absolutely wonderful This smells more like the apricot fruit at its most ripe with a little dusting of clove.

I don't know if it's a bottle purchase as we're getting out of winter right now, but I will probably buy a bottle at the end of summer for fall/winter next year!

In the bottle, this smells like a juicy and succulent apricot tart, dusted lightly with clove powder.

On the initial application I was over taken by the cloves. Right now, I smell like a Christmas ham! This is not an entirely unpleasant thing, but I don't want this to last.

Once it starts to dry a bit, however, the apricot comes sneaking back in, I don't think I smell like ham anymore (unless I stick my nose right up to my wrist), it's much sweeter now.

The sweetness is once again softening out to the clove, but now there's something a little peppery in there, this scent reminds me less of the March Hare and more of the Duchess.

I like this, but not as much as I did when it was in the bottle. This is a little dissapointing, because from first sniff, I was going to call this one the winning scent from my order, but I don't think this is it!

Ahhhh, I am smitten with March Hare. :P

In the imp:My husband said it smelled like peach sorbet. Definitely fruity. I wasn't really picking up on the clove note in the imp, which made me sad because I am obsessed with cloves.

Drying:Yay! I can definitely smell the clove now. The apricot has settled into the background. This is so good!

Hours later:The clove and apricot take turns being the dominant part of the scent. Although most fruity scents do a vanishing act on me, this one lasted for hours. Amazing...I need lots and lots of this!

Smells like apricots, definitely. I am not picking up any clove. Just sweet, warm apricot jelly. Enjoyable and comforting, but kind of one-dimensional. I prefer the more “grown-up” apricot in Grand Guignol.

hoooo! That is apricot and clove bursting out of the bottle. Since my skin amps up both notes, I really smelled like heavily spiced apricot tarts. It wasn't unpleasant, but I don't really dig smelling edible.

Delicious! This actually makes my mouth water when I smell it. Like a juicy apricot spiked with cloves. It also is slightly reminiscent of a scented candle. A very good one!

Wet, it smells just like a compote of sweet apricot. Delicious! Within moments, the cloves (ground to a powder) start to waft out and gradually rise to share the stage with the apricot. I believe that there's a little bit of tea in here, too.

It's sweet without being girlish and very, very simple. I picture it going spiffy with a Betsey Johnson dress and a pot of tea.

It's nice and I'd wear it again, but on the whole, it's not my speed.

Edited by Abberlaine Arrol