Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
motdakasha

Dark Chocolate and Cherry

Dark chocolate and cherry.

First off, I have to say I was really looking forward to this one as I LOVE dark chocolate and cherries, both individually and together.

In the bottle: smells very much like dark chocolate and just a hint of cherries and booze.

On me: at first there was a lot of dark chocolate and no cherries. I was a bit dissapointed but the chocolate was nice. After about two minutes it started turning into a bit of a plastic chocolate scent.

Five minutes later: I was wondering if it was just my nose so I had my husband smell it on me. He couldn't even tell what it was supposed to be and said he would never have guessed it was chocolate or cherries.

Overall: It ended up smelling like green beans or something. :cry2:

I really hope that it is just due to my body chemistry at this time. However, if it still ends up smelling like that on me I might have to use a scent locket or give it to my sister to try.

wet/in imp: smells like dark choco & cherries

on: sickly sweet, cherry coke with dark choco...

dry: sweet tarts. powdery and sickly sweet with cough syrup to boot.

this will need to be passed on to someone who loves it.

WOAH cherry. Like the cordial 'sploded in my palms and now the syrup is running down my wrists...

I kept wondering how this would differ from Vice and the most important thing is that I don't get my nemesis, orange blossom. :lol:

This is very boozy and part of me is still recoiling from that cherry cough-syrup sweetness (I just know it's going to get cloying after a while, it's not my kind of thing), though the dark chocolate is quite nice (it's very subtle though).

Edited by MisterShrapnel

My skin chemistry does something very odd with this one. In the bottle, it smells like cherries - a little like cough syrup, but not overmuch.

On, it becomes a fruity-but-not-overly-sweet-or-foody, bright pink perfume scent. If I try, I can get both a bit of cherry and even a little dark chocolate lurking at the very edges, but if I weren't looking for it, I'm not sure I'd be able to pick that out at all.

The strange thing is that despite not being at all what it's supposed to be on my skin, it's really wonderful. I've already gotten compliments wearing it. My only complaint is that the wear length is on the short side; it disappears completely after 2-3 hours.

Edited by GreenSpine

Stupid body chemistry! :angry:

I wanted this to work, but it didn't.

Imp: chemicals and cherries.

Wet: Chemicals, cherries, fabric softener, and something savory (foody).

Drydown: I never got the dark chocolate at all. This smells like artificial cherries (which isn't always a bad thing) and refried beans! Yes you read that right. I sniffed my hand and at first I was like, "what the heck, this smells like food". Then I realized it was Rosarito refried beans in a can. How weird is that?

Overall: It just wouldn't be right walking around smelling like beans. This is definitely a no go for me.

i pretty much figured this one would be a no-go since i don't actually LIKE real chocolate covered cherries.

and, well, it is what it is.

the cherry in this is incredibly strong, similar in strength to the berry note in Bloody Mary. the chocolate is unfortunately the variety that turns to fake scratch n sniff chocolate on me, so that's no goos either. :(

my boyfriend adores his bottle, and he loves the real edible version too. so maybe that is a big factor...

:huh?:

In the bottle: incredibly strong cherry

Wet:pink bubblegum

Dry: gum turns into plastic..

Overall: something went horridly wrong with my skin chemistry :cry:

and I was hoping for Perugina Baci in Rosso (lit. "red kisses"), the love quote wrapped version of my beloved boero (chocolate, liqueur and cherry)

Wet on skin: Very strong dark chocolate with a hint of cherry.

Drydown: The chocolate tones down and blends more with the cherry. It's getting decent throw.

Dry on skin: This is a very nice chocolate cherry scent. Still decent throw.

Verdict: Probably won't get this as a bottle, as I don't wear chocolate scents very often, but will be holding on to the imp.

AAAAGH! Plastic, artificial chocolate and cherry with a strong whiff of--gack--ALMOND!!!! run away!!

Dark Chocolate and Cherry

In the imp: like Vice, but with more clout! Dark cherries and dark chocolate.

Wet on skin: thick dark chocolate over the richest cherry sauce.

Dry on skin: Black Forest gateau. The cherry note is possibly the best I’ve smelt in BPAL-it doesn’t have that almond smell, and nor does it smell like medicine. This smells of the sweetest black cherries soaked in kirsch syrup. And these cherries are covered with the most cocoa-packed dark choc, think 75% cocoa or more, it’s bitter and black chocolate. There’s also something creamy, almost cake-like.

After a while: this becomes much more cherry-ish over time. This is such a rich heavy sweet cherry-think the sweet cherry of Blood Mary, but darkened, more sophisticated, less candied. But still very sweet. maybe a little too sweet for me, in the end? It also smells boozier now, and creamier. The cherry here has a nuance of plum about it.

Verdict: Vice ain’t got nothing on this. This is dark choc and cherry taken to new heights. The cherry here is what I wish all cherry scents could smell like-sweet dark rich and sexy cherry with plum and booze aspects to it. nothing bitter about it, nothing sour. And the chocolate note is equally delightful, here it smells just like the bitterest chocolate and it works so well with the cherry. The scent also develops a creamy undertone, as well as something that makes me think of chocolate cake-very rich indeed. A little too rich in the end, I think, so it’s not really my thing, but it’s one of the most impressive cherry scents I’ve smelt in BPAL, and anywhere else for that matter.

Emoticon rating: :D

Is it a keeper? Not really, but I do like it.

If you like this, try: Vice, Red Queen, Candy Butcher, Earth Phoenix

Yes, it is. The chocolate is very dark, with an almost coffee bean tone. The cherry isn't bad, definitely has the sense of opening a fresh box of cherry cordials.

This is all chocolate in the imp, and then on my skin, WOOOSH! THERE'S the cherry. It is not a pleasant cherry, more like cherry cough syrup that's gone a bit...off. I hated Vice (it made me feel nauseated when I tested it, and this is doing something similar), so I'm not sure what I was thinking when I picked up a decant of this.

I just knew I was going to regret not getting a bottle of this...

When I first opened the decant, I was afraid I'd accidentally gotten the wrong scent, because it was a delicious buttercream that was the first note I got. And it was still heavy on the buttercream when it was wet on my skin.

But as it dried, the most decadent dark chocolate came up. It was like opening a box of decadent dark chocolates. No cherries at all, at first, but interesting mixed chocolates scent. But as it finished drydown, there it was, a well-blended background of cherries. Totally yummy. This is one of the best chocolate scents so far.

Mmmmm, I love this scent!

On me, it starts out smelling just like a dark chocolate covered cherry, complete with the pink gooey cream inside. After a thankfully brief cough syrup phase, it mellows out and becomes a more real black cherry smell with the gourmet chocolate perfectly balancing it out.

SO glad I got a bottle of this one. :)

In the bottle, this smells like a freshly-unwrapped box of cherry cordials. On skin, it becomes very strongly sugared-cherry, almost chemical - the way a cheap box of cherry cordials smells.

My boycat hunted my wrist down to sniff it aggressively, but I moved away before he could start licking (He did that with "Badger" as well)

This seems to have settled to a papery cherry. I am the sad. Maybe it's me? Things that I try lately are less successful than I would like. Foo, and foo again, say I!

Dark Chocolate & Cherry

My first test of this didn't go too well. Dark Chocolate and Cherry was all, Dark Chocolate and Cough Syrup. Ew. But then I ran out of White Chocolate and Strawberry so I had to do something. So I turned to DC&C and it was much better than my test had led me to believe... and pretty much what the name says: dark chocolate that's just a touch on the bitter side with a cherry-cordial center. It's not a favorite, but I'm glad I gave it a second chance.

In the imp it smelled like sweet cherry cordial sauce, but on me it smelled like cherry cough syrup. Not a keeper for me.

In the imp: Cloyingly sweet.

On my skin: Honestly, during the dry-down, I wasn't sure whether I was going to like this one or not. Then it dries completely, and I can smell the chocolate and cherries very clearly. This is foody and dark and yummy. It smells exactly like the real thing.

Dark Chocolate and Cherry - I don't tend to like chocolate notes in my fragrances, so I didn't even bother to order a decant of this one. But I got a decant as a frimp, tested it out, and fell in love. It smells like a boozy cherry cordial! The chocolate and cherry are both very true scents. In this particular blend, neither note smells artificial or syrupy, as they tend to do. When I sniff my skin up close, I do get a weird "after-scent" that reminds me of nail polish remover, but I'll still wear this (I just won't sniff my skin up close!) I think this is a great scent, a bit on the heavy side, and an absolutely perfect "pick-me-up" during the long, cold, winter months.

Hmm.. yep, from the imp I smell chocolate and cherry.

On my skin.. chocolate and cherry cough syrup. It's not that cough syrup smells bad, it's just.. well.. I don't especially want to smell like it. :P

In the decant, I get dark chocolate cake and cherry. On my skin, the dark chocolate amps to a powdery point, and the cherry's barely there at all. As it's drying, it seems to be a chocolate-cherry cake. Probably going to test this one a bit more before I decide whether or not to keep it, but gut's telling me I may.

EDIT: On further testing, I want to eat my wrists. A definite keeper.

Edited by Venneh

Lovely, lovely cherry scent. I agree with cherry cordials. It's fruity and equally chocolate-y, a great mix with a very good throw (seriously it LASTS!). Kind of plastic when wet but it settles nicely into a fun cherry scent, very youthful bright.