Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ravenclaw79

Prunella

Rich purple plums, wildflowers and cream

In the imp: Plums floating in a dish of cream :yum:

Wet on skin: Much greener and lighter than in the imp, probably because of the florals--the plum and cream are still dominant, though

Dry on skin: The greenery/wildflowers note fades into the distance, the plum is a bit lighter and the cream is smooth and rich.

Lots of throw--I was complimented on this scent last night by people who were nearly a foot away and I had only put a little dab on each wrist. And Prunella was still going strong when I woke up this morning.

Bottleworthy! :wub2:

ETA scent description Edited by Mezzo

Imp: Fruity and green.

Wet: Sweet and tart, with a green scent (like green bell pepper).

Drydown: Fruity and green with a peppery note. Almost like chili powder

Overall: This is an odd fruity/spicy/chili pepper scent on me. I think I'll pass.

Imp: Wildflowers

Wet: Still very green and grassy. Cream starts up after a few seconds

Drydown: Got the plum, got the cream, but the wildflowers are what really stick out on my skin and give it a green feel start to finish

Overall: Really not sure how I feel about it. It's a nice creamy scent...it's just not lighting my world on fire. But I've been wrong before, so I'll keep the imp

Prunella is lovely...

She's pure, sweet and soft, like a veil on your weding day.... like the sheets on your honey moon.

She's a clean, beautifull lady, that wraps her arms around you, and her skin is so soft and white, you almost think it's alabaster.

She rings at your door, and when you oppen, all you can see, is her beautifull purple dress and the lovely cake she's holding in her hands, while saying "Welcome to the neighbourhood, my name is Prunella and I live next door"...

And you let her in, because she's so gorgeous and that cake looks delicious... but, as soon as she enters your house and puts the cake on the table, it gets forgoten, for she drops her dress in front of you, and you see her in her naked glory...

She's lush, wonderfull... she smells of flowers, white, beautifull flowers... and you are lost to her...

You forget about everything.... and just stare at her beauty, inhaling her scent...

Yes, indeed, Prunella is lovely... a lovely, almost unoticeable sweet and softly floral, scent...

This one is all fruit, from beginning to end -- no flowers, no cream -- and that suits me just fine. Staying power is surprisingly good for such a relatively light scent; after close to 10 hours, I can still catch a faint whiff on my wrists. This is moving straight into the regular warm-weather rotation.

In bottle: A sweet, lightly floral pale-purple scent.

On me, wet: Light, fresh floral. I smell no plums.

On me, drying: Still mostly floral, though I’m now getting a slight fruity waft.

Verdict: It’s nice, I can find no fault with it, but it’s not rocking my world.

imp: a jumble of florals with light fruit.

wet: the florals go a bit sharp, it is not at all pleasant on my skin.

dry: oh, YUM! the florals really fade into the background and this becomes a creamy plum scent. exceptional.

It's a nice blend! usually I don't like plummy scents, but it works well with the rest. The cream mellows it down. It's nicer than I thought it would be! Getting a wine-like tone, too.

imp - wildflowers, like a whole field.

Wet on skin - tart plum, almost seems green. The cream is sort of.. interesting. Mellow, but with a touch of tang. I can't decide if the cream and plum are doing it, or if my skin is. o_O

Dry - Spicey! In a soft way. Really digging it at this stage.

3 hours later - POOF it vanishes. Where'd you go? I huff and huff and nothing is there anymore. If I huff HARD enough there's something soft and creamy almost spicey thing left behind. Almost vanilla-like. But.. nothing else.

So this had awesome throw early, but later vanished o_O. May need to try out a scent locket for this. It's very natural. A girly hippy vibrant vibe, to me.

Edited by CaffinatedAngel

in the bottle: plum and cream, like a warm fruit tart. I can smell wildflowers in the distance - an almost herbal sweetness, a tang of wild green beneath the plum.

on my skin: whispers of ripe purple plum and cool cream, but the herbs and wildflowers are intense. As it dries, the wildflowers fade enough to give the plum room for attention. This is a rich, dark purple scent with a hint of malice - the herbs and wildflowers warn of witchcraft and magic. After it has settled, the notes blend in a pleasing fragrance of smooth, sweet cream and plum, laced with a light herbal bitterness that gives it definition and keeps it from becoming too cloying. It's deep and intriguing, and really quite lovely. It reminds me, somehow, of a darker and more intense version of Bewitched.

Ohhh man, this is good stuff! I've come to love the plum note and this was very reminiscent of the scratchy, dusty plum I get from On Darkness, one of my top ten LE's. Similar to Bensiabel, but a little less rugged and more fruity - bursting with non-sweet plum juice. Even as a non-foody bpal'er this was a win. Awesome.

I got this as a frimp, and I’m really happy that I did because I have fallen in love with it!

In the vial and wet on my skin, it smells rich and spicy and very, very strong. I’ve worn it a few times and have realized that it is very easy to over-apply this scent.

As it dries, it develops a deeper plum smell as the spices fade a bit, allowing me to pick up other notes.

Since it was a frimp, I had no expectations for it so I was just pleasantly surprised to get something that I really enjoy that I would never have thought to order myself.

For some reason, I'm getting a spiciness I was hoping would not be present as that is what ruined Midwinter's Eve for me.

It goes on very plummy and juicy smelling. OMG lovely. About 2 minutes after that, I get spiciness (I'm thinking from the flowers?). That only goes away for a short time into the dry down when I get this rich creamy plum smell that I wish would stay.

Alas, weird on me and I'm not a fan of spicy plum.

8:30am

Just applied this from an imp. It's very sweet and fruity and what I guess is suppose to be the floral note smells more like spice. It's surprisingly strong and has a good throw on me. Smells warm and cozy, I don't get the sour milk smell I usually get with cream. The plum note reminds me of Creed's Acqua Fiorentina? But the plum note in that one is sharper and can be offensive to my nose when I first spray it on.

10:00am

It's drydown is nice, hasn't morphed too much. The plum has settled and and so has the spice/floral. I plum isn't as sweet but still very fruity. The cream note isn't distinguishable to me but it anchors the scent and gives the mellowness I'm sniffing.

2:30pm

This is still lingering on my skin. Hasn't changed much since the drydown. I really like this scent. It's fresh, sweet, warm and cozy all at once for me. I think I might need a bottle of this.

Wanted to try this one out because of all of the notes sounded good to me.

In imp: plum and wildflowers. Didn't really pick up on the cream.

Wet: A bit of plum and a lot of wildflowers! The wildflowers are dancing around!

Drydown: But the plum comes out more and the wildflowers start to settle down and take a seat in back.

An hour later: The cream note finally came out and this was what finally made the deal. The plum and cream together are HEAVENLY. The wildflowers still stay in the background and peek out every now and then, but plum and cream dominate.

This has stayed on me so far for four hours. Lovely scent, not overwhelming. I am certainly going to order a bottle of this!!!

Wet, this fruity plum with something sharp in the background. Must be the wildflowers, I'm thinking, and the sharpness does fade away pretty quickly. I'm really not getting any cream, though maybe it's adding something to the blend I'm not aware of. This blend reminds me of something else, but I can't think of what. Maybe a watered down version of Dionysia? All in all, there is not enough depth and complexity to this blend, though I am very happy to have tried it!

At first this smelled like flower stems and cream, and then some sweet plum came out, but the cream left, replaced by flowers and a bit of spicy plum. The end result is quite sharp and more than a bit powdery, damn my skin chemistry.

Prunella isn't really what I would call creamy. It's a very sharp scent to me, plummy and purple with those wildflowers underneath. It unfortunately becomes too flowery on my skin, as anything with florals in it is wont to do. If there were just something a little more solid and dark underneath, maybe a musk or a sandalwood, maybe it would play nice with me.

Alas, this wee imp goes into the "new home" pile.

Oh man, so much thanks to the lovely samarablackcat for sending me this! It's so lovely!

I love the smell in the bottle--the ripe plum is *perfect*--exactly the wet, sweet, and glistening flesh of a fruit, with none of tartness of the skin, with just the barest hint of cream.

Unfortunately, at first, my skin amps the dry and dusty wildflowers and the cream, and though the plums do come through, they're not as ripe and juicy as it is in the bottle. WOE. The cream dies down and becomes more of a supporting player to round out the scent, and give it fullness, and the three notes balance each other wonderfully, with the cream dying down more and more as the scent wears on, lending mostly its sweetness without the overwhelming foody quality. (The same cream as in Zarita and Left His Nurse In a Crowd.)

I get more of the skin of the plum, as the scent dries down, and actually, now I'm sure that the Will Call frimp Daya had plum in it, because this is very reminiscent of it (minus the resins). There's a very faint aura of spice and/or flower that reminds me of Lady Una--I wonder which note that is?

I think I'm going to try this scent again on absolutely clean skin, as I think the vestiges of yesterday's perfume is lingering and causing a potpourri sort of vibe. But yay! Interesting smells! And the *waft* is lovely! Totally slightly boozy plums, green-stemmed wildflowers, and cream.

Edited by cinderfallen

In the vial strong, well-blended "wildflowers" with a hint of sweetness around the edges

Wet: sweet, juicy, almost tart plum over a strong layer of flowers

Dry: the plum fades a bit, and the wildflowers soften, but the scent has fairly strong throw nonetheless

I never expected to like this scent at all, so it came as a very welcome, pleasant surprise frimp from the lab. The first "dab" reminds me very strongly of biting into a perfectly ripe plum, messy and sweet. Normally strong floral scents are overpowering for me, but the cream (which I don't distinguish by itself) must be mitigating that somewhat. I can see why so many people rave about this. It brings a very nice, needed note of summer into a pretty wintery day.

I smell VIOLETS!!

It's a very herby, green and leafy scent on me, with what smells like honey suckle and violets peeking through.

I can't think what it reminds me of ... a memory from my childhood.

Very pretty.

Edited by Lilly

In The Bottle

Definitely purple and creamy

On Application

Whoa! Plum with a floral undertone

Dry Down

Blends out to a great combination of all three elements. The plums are tart and juicy. The wildflowers are herby and very summery. The cream is thick and rich. The blend never turns sour although it has a couple of moments of almost doing that. I absolutely love this one. I really need to give Marchen more attention!

Rating (0-5)

I've been wanting to try this since its debut, just have gotten distracted with other oils.

Thank you to the forumite that frimped be this in a swap!

In the imp, the oil is light and sweet. The moment it gets on my wrists, it smells like I am sitting in a field eating a bowl of ripe plums with sweet cream. Wow, this is mellow but the throw is actually pretty good! not much staying power for me but I won't mind re-applying this throughout the day. *Note to self* Need to try in scent locket ...

I'd say this one is a winner all in all for me which is good since I blindly ordered a bottle the other day without knowing I was getting this imp :D

edited because my iPhone keyboard is hard to type on.

Edited by Duskinhereyes

My bottle is about one year aged, but it's still about the same though the wildflowers are a lot more tempered. Bright gorgeous plums with soft meddles of cream. Definitely delectable, glad I have a bottle.

Hmm. This starts out really green and wildflowery, and unfortunately it doesn't change much on me as it dries down despite the fact that I normally amp sweet stuff like plum and cream. I had the same probablem with Strawberry Moon 09 coming out all grassy on me, so it must be something hiding in the wildflower notes that dominates everything else when it hits my skin. It does sweeten a bit as it dries down further, but still remains predominantly a greenish wildflower scent, which just isn't really for me.