Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ravenclaw79

Prunella

Ripe purple plums, wildflowers, and cream.

Prunella is way more floral than I was expecting! It starts out dominated by florals on me, smells like a fresh green meadow and wildflowers. Plum nornally amps on my skin, so I was suprised it stayed in the background, I didn't really notice it at first. After about 15 minutes the plum comes out and smallest hint of cream. Very pretty and fresh. Great for spring.

Bit of a double-take on that I haven't reviewed this yet.

I got it as an unsniffed bottle and I must say it is beautiful.

I don't like the first five minutes at all - but after that, it has this magic ability to smell almost nothing if I put my nose to my skin - but STILL manage to spread like...almost an aura...around me.

Prunella is delicious, beautiful and soft - I have put my bottle up for swap though, because while I absolutely adore it, I found that I don't use it as much as it deserves.

I wore it as a test while I was playing Skyrim for almost a whole day, and I will miss it - it is truly lovely, plummy, soft and those wildflowers are indeed wild but not in the "loud, raging anarchism" way - rather in the "untamed by humanity and their rules" way.

Yes, I will miss Prunella - I may have to get an imp instead of the bottle later on ^_^

In Bottle: I'm probably smelling the plum note, because it's reminding me a bit of Bordello, which also has plum.

On Skin: The first 30 seconds or so it's a bit odd, but then I definitely get the floral notes the most. It's a nice, sweet scent that isn't overpowering. And despite my initial comparison, it's quite different from Bordello.

Dry-Down: As it's drying, I'm starting to smell the plum note a bit more again, and then later the cream shows up, or at least I think it does.

Final verdict: I think the more I wear it, the more I like it, and I already liked it to begin with. The first time I tried it on, I worried I might be allergic to it since I was having sneezing fits while I wore it, but I tried it on again today and was just fine. I'll probably just stick with the decant in case I do turn out to be allergic or something, but it's a very nice scent.

I love plum! And this one is gorgeous: soft, pretty, muted with gentle florals and something else... As it dries it strikes me that it is almost a dead ringer for another favorite: Lovers in a Ricefield. But I have two bottles of that, so I guess I don't need more than my imp of Prunella.

Wet: sweet creamy plums, with an almost grassy floral underneath - must be the wildflowers.

Dry: softly feminine without going powdery - a winner!

Plum mixed with florals and I'm also picking up green herbs and dry woods. It's not a "juicy, fruity PLUM!" perfume, more like a complex, womanly floral blend that happens to contain a plum note. I don't notice it being especially creamy. Sophisticated, good for the office.

Soft, creamy floral plums, but with depth underneath. I actually like this, but I'm hoping it doesn't go powdery.

No powder so far. I am surprised that I like this one, given the floral aspect, but I do. I think this would be lovely to layer with a coconut note, or a black coconut single note (please, Lab?).

*edit*

Honestly, I'm liking this more and more. The longer it's one, the richer it becomes. Mmm.

Edited by MiasmaResonance

Wet: Bright, ripe plums, a little cream, and something weirdly grassy in the background

Drydown: Slightly more plummy and rich, but here come the wildflowers and it totally smells like Dawn dish soap.

After an hour: All wildflowers. No plum. No cream. Wildflower-scented soap and not the good kind. It gave me a headache and made me kind of nauseous, so I washed it off.

Boo :( It had such potential!

On me this is predominantly plums with a background of wildflowers. It is a little green, but mostly sweet floral. The cream is there to smooth out the whole scent and make it deliciously, well, creamy. It also has a nice warmth to it which I believe is the plums.

It has decent throw on me, and no one note is dominating any of the others. I quite like it.

Actually, I might hunt down a full bottle. I love creamy scents, and this one is really gorgeous! I'd recommend it if you like such scents as Reflected Vulva.