Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

PUMPKIN V
Pumpkin with cranberry, strawberry, red musk, red rose, rosehip, frankincense, fig, jasmine, and carnation.

I was worried about the rose, and all I can say is if the rose is as quiet in the rest of the Halloween blends as it is in this one I will be a very VERY happy sniffer. Ten minutes in and no rose screaming.
No jasmine screaming either.

What I have on my skin after ten minutes is a well behaved whiff of berries, frankincense, and just a little rose. I think I may even be able to smell the carnation. I can't seem to find the pumpkin, but, I don't mind. This is a rule breaker scent on my skin, as I should NOT be able to wear this and it seems to be behaving.

So far. *crosses fingers*

This is a very nice, subtle, mostly berry and fruit scent. Light to moderate throw. I can't say what it reminds me of because I don't have anything like it...or nothing like it that I could wear. =)

For all the notes in this, all I got right off the bat was pumpkin and strawberry, which was kinda neat. Once it had time to dry, my skin has started pumping up the rose over the pumpkin, and now it's just strawberry rose. I can sort of pick up the red musk as well. It's no surprise that the fig can't fight its way through all the stronger scents, but it's odd that I can't smell the jasmine, which is usually heady enough to announce itself.

It's definitely an interesting scent, and I kinda like it, but I don't think I like it enough to keep. I'll check it again in a few weeks, though.

Edited by marared

This is so odd. I got the pumpkin in it for the first 5 minutes and then it just went straight to the cranberry/strawberry. I don't get anything else at all.

It's not bad, but I was hoping for a bit more pumpkin. I may try layering it with another pumpkin to see if that works.

Edited by strangemodegirl

Glory be to the pumpkin, the fig and the frankincense!!! Opening the bottle for a whiff to behold warm buttery pumpkin, sweetened fig and smoky frankincense--lovely tops!!

When Pumpkin V is wet on the skin, a bit of spicy carnation, red musk and cranberry peek out at the edges.

Once it begins to dry, the frankincense and musk bind the notes together. The pumpkin mellows down with the fig and cranberry close by, the strawberry a mere twinkle.

Overall, this is a gentle blend of autumn goodness! Nice depth from the pumpkin, fig and frankincense balanced with musky berries and spicy carnation.

:P

In the bottle and wet on my skin, this is identical to Jack.

But on the dry-down the fruit sneaks out, and this becomes more of a summery scent than a fall one. Which is totally cool, 'cause I can just save it and let it age until next year. :D

No carnation on my skin, which is a bummer; but no jasmine either, which is most definitely :P and something I was hoping for.

bottle: not much pumpkin here. i smell the rosehips and jasmine and some other herbal scent but no pumpkin.

wet: the rose is trying it's darndest to ruin this scent for me. but it ends up smelling like a cranberry/floral fragrance. is there really pumpkin here?

dry: well, the rose has not ruined this scent exactly, but it's far more herbal than i would have expected. no pumpkin to speak of, but what remains is interesting. i'll have to test this one again to see if it's a keeper. kind of an herbal carnation and musk scent.

This? It is love. It reminds me strongly of Pumpkin 1 06, which is odd as the only thing in common is the pumpkin.

It's beautiful- I don't smell any rose or jasmine. Just pure, unadulterated win!

It's going to be hoarded, for shizzle.

Like others, I was concerned about the rose (not enough to NOT try it, but still :P ) and as it turns out, there was no need to be (huzzah!).

The frankincense is the first thing that pops out at me but it is followed by fig and and a rather nutty pumpkin. After this dries down however, this is VERY cranberry on me. It's like cranberry incense! It retains the strength and headiness of frankincense but it also has the vibrant berry tartness of cranberry. It's very unusual and quite pretty. It might be a little too heady for me to wear, but I appreciate it all the same :D

Wet: Buttery fruity pumpkin and frankincense.

Dry: stawberry and pumpkin

very light on the musk. I cannot detect the florals at all.

A strong heady fruitiness on application, rounded out by the buttery scent that I suppose also does include pumpkin. And the... you know, I do want to say the musk is somewhat apparent. I think I thought that was frankincense, but I don't think I really know what frankincense smells like. This would not really be a scent that would work on me.

I was worried about the florals in this one because florals are always wrong on me, but this one is wonderful.

It reminds me of walking by the Sweet Factory candy shoppe in the mall.

I guess it's the strawberry and carnation that do that. The carnation doesn't smell floral-y, it smells spicy and sweet (actually like the spray we used to use on carns when I was a florist, which smells nothing like the flower itself. I like it better.)

This is definitely sweet without being foody. I like it. I am only allowing myself to get one pumpkin bottle, and so far it's a tossup between... all of them except III. :P

Huh. I get a pumpkin the first five minutes, but then it's red musk and strawberry, very much like Hollywood Babylon, actually. Weird.

God damn jasmine ruining everything. I swear Beth made a mistake when she included it. She really didn't mean to.....lol

There is the presence of buttery pumpkin, and then I smell the yummy berries and figs.

Rosehips give it a depth that I adore, as it reminds me of many teas I drink with rosehips inside. Rose and carnation blend together beuatifully, and surprisingly enough the evil jaz is playing very quietly among them.

Huh, there may be hope afterall.

I grabbed an empty bottle (barely enough to test) from my decant circle because I wanted to smell one of the pumpkin patch and this was the most promising, but red rose scared me away from grabbing enough to wear.

In the bottle: Pumpkin immediately, then a touch of resin (I guess that'd be the frankincense), then just "red"—an overall impression of the color, but no notes.

On me: Goes on pumpkin, then it develops into a balance of red fruit made creamy by pumpkin and just touched by spice. I can't identify which red fruit, but it's distinctly red in color and full-bodied, rich, and a little sweet. The pumpkin is buttery and smooth; it's clearly discernible when I sniff for it, but for the most part it subtly balances out the red fruit and prevents the scent from growing cloying. The spice is subtle and almost featureless, just enough to provide an edge; if it's carnation, it's very flat. I don't get any other florals, including rose (which usually amps on my skin).

Verdict: This is more enjoyable than I expected, but I don't feel the need to track down a wearable amount. (The boy agrees.) The combination of red fruit and buttery pumpkin is full-bodied and pleasant, and it makes for a likable, inoffensive scent that's not without character. I wouldn't mind smelling this on someone else, and don't mind how it smells on me. But I'm not making rapturous moaning noises or grabby hands. This was good to try, and I'm definitely interested in trying more pumpkin blends, but I don't mind not having this one.

Amazingly, I can't smell any rose in this at all, which makes me a very happy camper. *g* It's mostly a sweet, berry-like pumpkin with a hint of what may be the carnation. So long as the rose doesn't try to put on its stompy boots later, this one should be quite nice.

This one, like the rest of the pumpkins this year, starts out with the heavy buttery pumpkin note. However, that note fades almost immediately. Mostly, for the rest of the day I just smelled red musk, which is very pretty, but I'm not picking out any other notes...maybe the rose, but it's very subtle.

In this I get buttery pumpkin which fades rather quickly, a touch of strawberry, and evil sharp perfumey powder. Oh there is rose in this. I feel quite confident that it is the rose causing this reaction. I fail at rose.

I do occasionally catch a very similar waft of the strawberry from Beaver Moon '07, but I have 2 bottles of that so I do not think I will need to keep this decant.

In the bottle: Pumpkin and red musk

Wet: Pumpkin with strawberry and frankincense.

Dry: Pumpkin with frankincense and a hint of rose. It kind of smells like Red Hots with some pumpkin thrown into the mix.

Overall: It's spicier than I thought it'd be, but I like that it smells like pumpkin Red Hots on my skin. That's awesome.

The first pumpkin I tried, and I don't think it works on me. In the bottle, it was an interesting mix of spicy autumn scents. But once I dabbed it on, it started to smell like the fall display on the silk flower aisle at the craft store. :P Much more floral than I would have hoped, and too cloying for my taste. Plus there was something in this that made my nose burn every time I caught a whiff.

Ah well. Can't love them all!

Pumpkin Patch 5 2008-

In Bottle: Pumpkin and fruit. Sweet berry fruit, I think?

Wet: Pumpkin with more fruit, and a nutty note.

Dry: The fruit takes over. Cranberry-strawberry dominates, the musk is only a hint, and the florals are so subtle they just add a little romance to the fruit without actually smelling like floral. Very nice, though I would have liked to had the pumpkin around longer!

Overall: Fruity and pleasant!

Pumpkin 5 -

----- smells a bit like cookies wet and goes straight to really strong fruit..the red musk amps the fruit essence...like Shango but a lot stronger. thank goodness the last 4 scents listed aren't dominant...i can imagine them if i try but i'm not getting any OMG washitoff moments with some of the lab strong scents like jasmine or fig. pleasant pungent fruits sprayed with red musk.

not a bottle for me but a nice scent overall if you like fruits or shango or a fruity red musk.

This one has surprisingly very little pumpkin on my skin- it's mainly strawberry, rose and musk. Actually, once it's dry it reminds me A LOT of Hollywood Babylon. There's definitely a 'headshop' vibe to this one, but I love that feel, so I am a happy camper wearing it. Overall, though, I'd like to let this one age for a few months to see if the pumpkin would come out more.

I get very little pumpkin in this one. It's there, but way in the background. Surprisingly, I also get no red musk to speak of. At first there was a lot of fruit, and it was very "red" and pretty. After 20 minutes or so, I'm still getting fruit with a hint of pumpkin behind it, but ROSE is rearing it's head. It's blending with the other scents rather than dominating them as it typically does for me, but it's still quite obviously there. For some reason, while I like the scent of actual roses, rose is one of the last things I ever want my perfume to smell like.

Thankfully I get no sour jasmine, or sneezy carnation.

It's actually pretty, way nicer than I expected (since most scents with rose become ROSE!!!!! on my skin). I'm just not sure it's what I personally want to smell like. Then again, this may become my "rose" scent. This one will require another more thorough testing.

In the imp: Odd. That odd buttery pumpkin note that is the pumpkin I don't care for--that's what killed Jack for me.

Wet: Brown sugar that isn't really much different than a lot of the other brown sugar-y scents I have.

Dry: Fig, pumpkin, jasmine. A little pepper that I think is the carnation.

Eh, it's not a wash-off, but it's not all that, either. wotta relief, sez the wallet...