Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
TygherRayn

Follow Me Boy

A houdoun recipe dating back almost 150 years. This blend is favored by prostitutes, exotic dancers and others in the sex industry for its power to attract, seduce, and enthrall. Ensures financial gain and increased profits.

wow. this imp is quite strong. I had an imp a few years ago that wasn't quite as strong or sharp as the one I was frimped.

wet: HOOOOOLY Jasmine. HOLY flowers. I am so not a floral chick. We'll press on...

after ten minutes: there's a definite musky...body smell. It's not bad...it just smells, um, real. :lol: Maybe a touch of incense, too.

after 20: yep. I'll just come right out and say it. It smells...vaginal. Again, not rank vag, but definitely musky. Maybe it's more suggestive of vagina than actually smelling of it.

After wearing it, it's evident why it's popular with the ladies of the evening! There's a heady humidity to it that reminds me of sticky summer nights where anything can happen. But it's not sexy, to my nose, because to me, flowers aren't really TEH SEX. I'll hang onto my imp, to see if aging makes it more me, but for my own love voodoo, I'll stick to Sin, Schwarzer, Loviatar and Perversion--all tried and true sexy faves.

ETA: um, so I just asked the Spousal Equivalent what he thought. He rubbed his face all over the spot where I had applied it and then kissed my arm.

Apparently, it does what it says it will! Edited by Shollin

I smell a lot of musky dragon's blood here, and flowers--sweet, overpowering ones like gardenia. A little jasmine too. Something slightly sharp too but I can't place it.

This isn't a bad smell; it's actually kind of nice but it's VERY strong. I guess that's how the boys smell it to follow you.

Very strong powdery floral for the first hour or so. After that it became a laidback dark vanilla. Very pretty and soothing :) I'll have to decide if I can sit through the first hour to get to this point.

Sniffed in imp: Dark orangey-red oil. Jasmine, magnolia, amber, musk. Heady, floral, rich. Slightly sweet. I can tell this is the sort of jasmine that goes to soap on me.

This has a heady, sexy smell in the bottle. But when I put it on my skin all I get is lemon masking the scent of cat pee. I was hoping I'd like it, but nope.

When I received my imp it had leaked slightly onto the tape and I could smell it without opening it. The oil's dark red, and I wasn't too keen on opening it.

However, I unearthed it by chance the other day and decided I would give it a go. Still hesitant over skin contact, I swiped the imp wand through my hair. I still wasn't over keen on the smell, but I did feel pretty good. I went on to have a great day at a wedding, (the rest of me was smothered in Khrysee) which could be attributed to the oil or not, I did feel really good about myself though for the first time in ages, and got complimented A LOT.

The smell? Strong Jasmine to begin with, almost a strong old lady perfume kind of smell but even though I think other people may recoil from it, I still kind of want to wear it! After a few hours wear (on skin, second test) I was totally surprised to discover the base is...vanilla! A musky sweet vanilla, and totally utterly different to the start. There is something sexual about the smell of this, as other reviewers have touched on - it wouldn't be for anyone uptight about that kind of thing or a jasmine hater! I have liked jasmine a lot more since trying this.

ETA:my cat seems to like this also as he has been a lot more friendly recently, even deigning to sit on my knee last night.

Edited by cinnamonmel

Follow Me Boy

Jamine and animalic musk... two notes that are not good on me. Too bad.

In the imp and fresh on: Root beer?!

Drydown: I'm getting mostly vanilla, with a musky undernote and just a hint of green. Vanilla + musk probably explains the initial root-beer impression.

Long-term: It gets significantly more floral over time, with a soapy/powdery overlay. Staying power seems low to average -- after 7 hours, it's mostly gone.

Bottom line: Meh. It's not an offensive scent, but it's not really me either. Swap pile for this one.

Hmmm....maybe I got a bad batch? When I first opened my imp I swear it smelt like cherry cough syrup. Dunno..it was really pungent though. When I first put it on it cough syrup was still going stong. On the drydown it got very soft after about ten minutes. I could barely smell it. What I did smell of it cheap old lady perfume with a hint of lemon pledge. Obivously, this one was either a bad batch or just a terrible miss on my part.... :huh?:

In the imp, and at first on my skin, this smells like baby powder- overwhelmingly strong, slightly lemony-sweet baby powder.

It stays like that for an hour or so, and then suddenly morphs into this beautiful sweet, almost vanilla lemon scent, with just a touch of powder. This stage is gorgeous, and may just be worth waiting through the awful baby powder stage for.

No comment yet on whether this oil works as intended :yum:

I wanted this one, but once I got it, I didn't want to wear it. I didn't like how it smelled in the vial, which was all jasmine. I hate jasmine.

But I decided to give it a test drive anyway after reading the reviews. Maybe it's the power of suggestion, but upon drydown, the jasmine note really receded and vanilla is at the fore, maybe with a tiny dab of lemon. I also get the daintiest whiff of Dragon's Blood, though that may be my imagination. It has a lot of similar qualities to "Love Me," which I also, well, love!

A jasmine honey musk scent...didnt care for it at first, smelled too jasmine-y to me, but now since it's dried down it's not that bad. dunno if i'll keep it though, not too crazy about it. It kind of reminds me of LUSH's flying fox, with a baby powder note.

Wet, lots and lots of jasmine. As it dries, it turns into a slightly sour, powdery jasmine/rose combo. These are two of my worst florals, but it is rather pleasant on me, both are rather subdued. A little goes a long way! As for it's luring properties, I'll have to report back!

In the bottle: Kind of generic dark-spicy-sexy-muskiness, of the kind that usually doesn't work on me, but I gave it a try anyway.

Wet on skin: Sexy mosquito repellant.

Dry, first 20 minutes: Regular mosquito repellant

30 minutes in: Mosquito repellant that has given me a worse headache and nausea than mosquito repellant ever did in real life.

scrubbed it off, not really any time to see if it worked :P

This is another lovely, lusty Conjure Oil.

It goes on very sweet and rich. Lots of jasmine and dragon's blood. There might be some a hint of magnolia or gardenia. (Magnolia often gives me a headache, but this blend doesn't, FWIW.) I think there might be some honey and/or vanilla, because something reminds me very much of Dragon's Milk. This is even sweeter than normal, plain dragon's blood. I believe there is also some red musk.

As it wears, it actually becomes a little bit richer and smokier. There's definitely some frankincense here, and after a few hours, the syrupyness goes away, revealing a darker, sexier undertone.

So in summary, I get these notes: jasmine, dragon's blood, frankincense, red musk, the usual indistinct voodoo herbal base, and possibly vanilla or honey. (And as usual, there could be more things going on, that's just what I know I smell.)

This one reminds me a lot of Sacred Whore of Babylon, but somehow slightly less voluptuous. The musk is definitely much more subtle. Recommended if you're a fan of that, Unheavenly City, Love Me, or Dragon's Milk.

In bottle: This is lovely and heady. I’m guessing dragon’s blood and spices. Wet: Very floral on top of the dragon’s blood. It’s a really pleasant, purple sort of floral and goes well with the dragon’s blood. Dry: Sweet almost vanilla like dragon’s blood with a touch of florals.

In imp and wet on skin: Spicy with floral undertones

Drydown: Very floral with a strong hint of wine and undertones of cinnamon and other spicy herbs.

Much much later: A smooth, rich vanilla with very slight florals. Mostly a very strong vanilla.

Edit: I decided to wear Follow Me Boy again today and it didn't go through the spicy stage. Instead it started amping vanilla and buttercream immediately.

Edited by AgentOrange

I'm getting more old-timey candy shop (or "shoppe" as it were) with roses on the counter than anything else. It's a little citrusy, maybe a little bit of sassafrass, something mildly bitter, then a whole heap of sugar. It reminds me a bit of cough syrup.

This is kind of borderline nauseating for me. I don't think I could leave it on long enough to find out if it actually works.

This smells like an old fashion perfume to me- I get nothing sweet but lots of floral on first wet sniff, a touch of musk, and a very powdery dry down. It reminds me of something my mom once had. To me its a very classic oriental fragrance.

The interesting thing is that I put this one on yesterday while working at our store, and a man came in and spent $600! Increasing financial gains is right! I'll take it!!

WOW, this stuff does not mess around for the first hour. It's all woman: curvy, loud, bite your head off sassy almost in an overpowering way. But man does this thing sweeten up into a mature, seductive, kissable vanilla with a breeze of soft flowers. Was not expecting that!

I think this is jasmine, vanilla, honey, perhaps gardenia... possibly amber? Warm, cozy, and very pretty. A rich orange-red smelling scent. A subtle scent, stays close to the skin for me. Is there rose in here? Is there musk? I can't tell -- it's very well blended and no single note takes precedence over another on my skin in this early stage. Someone wrote that they smell dragon's blood, and the more I sniff, the more I think it might be there, as that would explain the one off-putting note I am getting. If so, it's subtle and I can overlook it.

I am starting to think there may be a light touch of red musk, as well, since my skin tends to really love red musk and I'm getting a hint of its delicious warmth.

Gah! I wish I knew what was in here, these voodoo oils make me nuts.

I can see this scent really growing on me, since I love creamy sweet blends, and this is definitely that!

Edited by obsidienne

First thing that hits me is jasmine and honey. I can't really tell what else is in here..maybe vanilla like others have suggested, but that's not really prominent to me. Very soft sweet jasmine. A great soothing sexy blend!

YUM! gosh i just had to try this one and yes ooh goth yes i love it :twisted: :wub2: :joy:

now testing the strength will be back ;)

EDIT: this stuff is good! i used it with a light hand and i still got some waffs in de late evening, my favorite! didn't give it a shot around some cute guys but who knows :P

Edited by lucifera