Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Dragon's Heart

A scent pulsing with vitality, warmth and insurmountable strength: dragon's blood resin, red and black musks, a throb of fig and a sliver of black currant.

Dragon's blood and I just don't get along...I keep thinking maybe I can get away with it because some of these blends sound so nice...but then the dragon's blood comes out to play and I just don't like it.

This is a lovely scent otherwise. Warm, musky resins and a smidgen of fig...If I could do dragon's blood I'm pretty sure I'd love this one.

Dragon's Milk is my first love of the Ars Draconis oils but I would say this is my second favourite! Lovely lovely lovley!

The Dragon's blood is the most apparent note when it's first applied and wet....but once that dies down a bit more the Red and Black musks really take hold...and give off a very sexy powdery scent, there is a slight Blackcurranty feel to this blend but it's mainly the musks for me! It's quite powerful and lasts a long time!

I love the colour of this oil...very dark and thick, just like the blood straight out of a Dragon's Heart would be!

To sum up...I would say this scent is similar to Spellbound, but with Dragon's Blood thrown in! It's gorgeous :P

Dragon's Heart-

In Bottle: Sweet powdery Dragon's Blood above all; nothing else stands out obviously.

Wet: Dark and woody, vetiver-like, once it hits. Blends nicely with the Dragon's Blood.

Dry: A little bit more dry and dark than straight Dragon's Blood. A nice blend of it!

Overall: I like!

I wanted to love this scent. I'm all about dragons, after all.

But the red musk overwhelmed the hint of whatever else is in here that I actually liked. Every now and then I'd get a whiff of these different notes that I enjoyed, only to rapidly lose them once more to the red musk.

Pppffft. I'll have to try to find other ways to see if I like resins, because I know my skin definitely loves red musk while I hate it.

This is a very pleasant sweet musk scent on me. It's a very grounded, earthy scent. It makes me feel a little slinky, and I am normally the opposite of slink! I don't know what dragon's blood smells like, so I can't pick it out in the blend, but I definitely want to try other scents that use it.

I received Dragon's Heart as a frimp in my last order, and I'm glad, for here is yet another delicious musk scent! On my musk-loving skin it's in the same family as Spellbound, Imp, and Smut, which is to say "YUM."

In the imp, all I can smell is dragon's blood, but once it hits my skin the musks jump out and scream "HI!!!" as they are wont to do. :D I love the way the powdery sweet dragon's blood blends with the sexy musk. I don't have a good nose for notes but my skin seems to be amping the red musk, which is just fine with me. The fruits add a touch of juiciness and playfulness to the wet phase, but the drydown is musk musk musk.

GREAT alternative for Smut on me! It has much less throw, which is sometimes a good thing. :P Big bottle purchase!

I didn't get any fruitiness at all in here, sad to say. It starts out with super-sweet dragon's blood (maybe some of that sweetness is the fruit?) and then the musk pops out, kind of sickly-smelling- I think it's the black musk that's bothering me. It smelled a lot like Smut to me, too, though more powdery instead of boozy.

This is amazing, simply because it 1) lasts FOREVER, 2) doesn't morph a bit the whole time.

I'm actually surprised to see the notes in this. To me, it smells like dragon's blood and frankincense (or a similarly almost-warmly-spicy resin).

In the bottle, it smells bit... medicinal. I think it must be the musks. It's definitely a bit off-putting, but luckily, I know better than to think the scent in the bottle will be the scent on skin!

Once dry, and throughout the entire time I wore it, it smells like I've already said: the warm, resiny base of dragon's blood, with a lurking hint of something fruity (I think the black currant blends with the natural red fruit like note of the dragon's blood), and a warm, softly spicy edge, like rich incense. I don't seem to get any fig, so if it's there, it's blending very well.

After at least 4 or 5 hours, this was just as true and strong and rich as it was when I first applied it. Amazing. Dragon's blood seems to be a very successful note on my skin. This one has very good throw on me, and just a single wand's worth lasted me all day.

Be still my dragon-loving heart!

In Bottle: Warm, rich, and sexy dragons blood and musks with a small sharp tang of metal.

On Skin: About the same, but I'm detecting the faint scent of red, ripe fruits.

Dry: Just gorgeous and sexy muskiness. :P

In the imp - Mmmnn, Dragon's Blood :D

Wet - This is a lovely, thick, dark oil. I detect another resin in this when wet and a definite dry feel.

Drydown - The warmth comes through to dance with the dryness and the other resin I found is in fact a musk I'm not too good at working out these notes yet :P

This oil doesn't change much at all through wear. It's quite long lasting, one wand swipe per wrist lasting 4 hrs and has a decent amount of throw. I kept getting wafts and I smelled delicious!

this is warm and throbbing and rich. in the imp it is veryvery dark. when i put it on my arm i smelled dragon's blood with that dark, black musk and a hint of sweet, sticky fruit. it's slightly spicy as well- very nice! i'd really like this in the winter, i think.

In the imp: Spicy, musky.

Wet: Wham, dragon's blood and smoke.

Drydown: I could eat myself. I mean, Ars Draconis has not so far done me wrong, but this is fabulous -- I think I like it better even than Hide and Reverie. The musks are very commanding and go straight for... let's say, one's kundalini energy. Late in the drydown, the slivers of fruit mentioned in the description finally come out, but this one had me at "hello." :P

Straight out of the imp -- and, indeed, for the first hour (or two) -- this is awesomely strong. I spent the afternoon in a thick cloud of dragon's blood and felt a little sorry for the people next to me on the bus!

Once it settles down (and it does take a while, at least on me) this is surprisingly smooth and silky, and brought a smile to my lips every time I smelled it. It's a powerful scent, but in a very calming way. It makes me feel in control and happy.

I should also add that my flatmate says this smells like babies (same thing he said about Alice!) so I guess it's a bit powdery. :P

My husband's first impression of Dragon's Heart is, "You smell like a (Hindu) temple." I can't disagree.

Something about the combination of the incense note (the dragon's blood resin?) and the sweetness (the fruit notes?) combines into a smell that seems sacred, very warm-- hot even, and just a little bit exotic and potentially chaos-inducing.

Wearing this makes me feel strong and all prowl-ey. Like I'm the goddess of the temple.

Doesn't last terribly long, will need this in 5ml increments to allow for the inevitable re-applying. Also, note to self, try other dragon scents.

This is a thick, viscous liquid so dark red it's almost black. And the smell of it is thick, too, and dark, and forbidding.

Musk blows in first, with a redolent richness behind that is the fig and currant, that sticky, tarry sweetness. The dragon's blood is faint, an influence, a high note barely heard under the bass rumble of the low end of this scent. This is a beautiful mixture.

Wet, it's more subtle than I would have expected. And richer. This has a lot of depth, real depth. The black and red musk contrast not only with the dragon's blood high, moist note, but with one another, trading out in prominence, systolic and diastolic, throbbing, rhythmic.

TRU-D: Here he comes now, into the RED corner - it's The Resinator. The crowd's hostile, and...yep, he's flipping them off. He's the powdered demon and he doesn't care! And here's the challenger - into the BLUE corner comes The Musk Avenger. He's got Hot Fig with him, and the crowds going nuts.

inTRUDer: Whoa, check out the mouth on fig. I bet that could ~

TRU-D: Shhh! They're in their places so Lehhhhhhhts get ready to rrrrrrrrrumble! Musk Avenger's off and goes straight off the ropes and - OOOh! Those are some awesome glands on the Avenger.

inTRUDer: He won the sexiest heavyweight at this year's Mister Slippery finals.

TRU-D: The Resinator's back up again, he's looking dazed, and...Uh-oh, he's got the powder out and he's going in for the kill! Musk Avenger's on the ground and takes one to the crotch! Fig's slips under the ropes and goes for the Resinator's jugular! It's not enough! OH my god, it's powder to the face! Fig's down and in tears.

inTRUDer: Sexy tears.

TRU-D: The Avenger's still struggling...he was looking so good for a while there but now the Resinator raises the powder of doom and... :D

inTRUDer: Now there's something I didn't need to see.

TRU-D: It's over folks. The ring is littered with bits of Fig and Musk...DOOM POWDER everywhere. It's carnage. The triumphant Resinator is flipping everyone off again, basks in yet another triumph, and leaves the ring to the howls of the crowd. *Sigh* You know I really thought they had him there for a while...

inTRUDer: :P You owe me five bucks.

Edited by funkmoppet

icky-sticky-sweet :P

Dragon's blood and food scents are so not my favorites, but it was a frimp, and I'll try everything at least once.

In the imp: Rich muskiness with an edge of sweetness. The scents don't quite want to lie together, and they all vie for attention; I can almost smell them fighting tooth and claw as first one makes it to the top and then another.

Wet: Still a battle. The sweet blood is completely distinct from the musk, but they are twined together.

Dry down: The blood is completely gone, and I am left with only a very heavy musk, which smells more like a fox in heat than a dragon. It smells animal, but it's not like I am the animal, more like I got in the way of something more powerful than me. I am very dissapointed, I really wanted this one to work.

New idea: I rubbed the Dragon's Heart into a wooden hair piece. At last! The perfect blend of sweet and musk. When I wear the hairpiece, the scent hovers around me, and I feel empowered, as if the dragon were lending me it's strength. Mmm. I love walking around in this sweet, rich cloud.

a sort of brown red colour, left little brown marks on the imp label.

the first thing i got from this was the cherry sweetness, with a hint of musk; initaly it did give me an

'its too sweet and im going to regret wearing this later'.

when it dried the sweetness faided a little.

after an hour all i could think of it was 'teabags'.

it seems to settle on me about this point. it was strong enough to maintain a good level into the next day, but not overly overpowering.

it did settle into something i could happily wear on a daily baisis.

Just a warning note to say I am predisposed not to like musk and/or patchouli. But this came as part of a job lot on ebay, and I loved Ladon to bits, so I tried it.

In the imp: sweet incense.

On the wrist: a dark red oil. It actually stains my skin. Smells like a hippy shop with some dried fruit you discover by the cash register.

Dry: Just incense. Gives me a bit of a headache.

Half an hour: pleasant enough. Still generic incense though.

Later: Making me lightheaded and woozy and sneezy. Off it comes. 2/10. Not an incense person.

I don't understand why I'm not into this one. I like all the components. Dragon's blood tends to amp on me, but not horrendously so. But something about this blend just turns really indistinct on my skin. It's a touch of fig, a log of dragon's blood, a little of this, a little of that. But... not a blend, if that makes sense. It really does nothing for me, and I've tried it several times, and even tried aging it. I wanted to like this one, but it's just not for me.

In the imp: I wasn't sure this would work for me. It just seemed overwhelmingly strong, and just a little masculine. But I was heading out on a long journey, and thought it might give me some courage, so I tried it.

On me: I'm so glad I did try it! Yum! People kept asking "What is that wonderful smell?!" It was definitely dragon's blood-y, but also rich and sweet, and a bit like red wine (but not alcoholic at all). It also did seem to keep my spirits up on a long trip with a lot of delays.

I think this may be among my first 5ml BPALs, and I'm anxious to try some of the other Ars Draconis.

In bottle/imp: Dragon’s blood with a lot of musk!

Immediately on skin: Dragon’s blood with a slightly soapy and musky undertone and just a tiny bit of sweetness.

After a few minutes: This is a very strong blend… the dragon’s blood is very evident, and the musks blend in to add depth. It still smells soapy though, but I think that’s just the way the combination translates to my nose.

Later on: This has sweetened slightly as it’s faded. The staying power is pretty good, and the dragon’s blood is still strong and deep. The musks peek through the blend and really complement the dragon’s blood well. Overall, it’s very nice but the extra notes don’t add a lot to the dragon’s blood.

Me and dragon's blood resin are not friends. :P We seriously dislike each other and really should just keep our distance.

This was a frimp and I like to try new things. On me, Dragon's Heart dries out to smell of solid block loo freshener. :D Yuk. Off to swaps.

I'm really just feeling/smelling the warmth. It's pleasant. Warm and wearable. No notes stand out, they really blend together nicely.