Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Dragon's Heart

A scent pulsing with vitality, warmth and insurmountable strength: dragon's blood resin, red and black musks, a throb of fig and a sliver of black currant.

I love the smell of this in the bottle, all resin and spice, profound, but aloft with dragon's blood. My first try, however, it went soapy on me within minutes. I put the imp away, saddened, only to bring it out again when most of my other imps were waning. Wow, did this age well! Likely a combination of aging and my summer body chemistry made this blend sing.

Powerful and reverent, I enjoy the imp now. I don't think I need a bottle though.

My first dragon's blood blend! I'm praying this works on me because it really sounds like my kind of scent.

In the imp: Sweet, resin and spice. Extremely promising indeed.

Wet: Very sweet resin, a bit of spice. This must be the dragon's blood and I do like it. A lot. Within a minute or two the musks begin to rise. Musk and I are old friends so this is a very good thing.

10 minutes: Oh my freaking God. Warm sweet musky resin, with a touch of smoke. Gorgeous! I don't even mind that the spice is rapidly disappearing.

30 minutes: It's becoming sweeter, I'm not sure if this is the dragon's blood, figs or blackcurrant as I'm unfamiliar with all of them. However the musks are stopping it from becoming too sweet. It's quite intoxicating. Warm, with real depth. And sexy as hell.

1 hour: The sweetness has died down a little, and this has returned to that wonderful warm musky resin. And sexy. Damn sexy. Not flirty sexy but confident on the prowl awaiting the right moment to pounce sexy.

After a couple of hours the musks seem to fade a bit (although still definitely there) so what I believe is the dragon's blood becomes a little clearer. Warm, resiny, musky, a little spicy and a little sweet. So very, very me. This is where it stays until it finally fades away about 12 hours after I put it on. Nothing ever lasts this long on me - incredible!

This is absolutely gorgeous, and I am so glad I've got a few other dragon's blood blends on order. I think I may have found a new love.

Edited by Trishek

FLOWERS

bold, strong, cloying flowers.

I kept it on as long as possible, hoping and praying it'd morph and I'd be treated to the spicy whiffs that everyone else has mentioned. It wasn't to be.

Off to swaps it goes.

Although I'm neither a fan of dragon's blood nor of musk, Dragon's Heart is much better than the sum of its parts. On me the musk predominates and I'm surprised at how much I like this one.

This has been my favorite scent in imp hands down for almost a year, and I'm delighted to say it continues to be my favorite imp out of the bottle as well. In the bottle I can smell the delightfully sharp, spicy dragon's blood, mingling with the warmth of other indistinguishable notes. Since going on my skin I've gone through waves of being able to smell the dragon's blood and musk mixed together, full of warmth. Passing in and out I find small whiffs of scent reach me in delicate sweetness of the fig and currant, but regularly when I smell my wrist it's warm musks, spicy dragon's blood and the faint whisper of a sweetness.

This one really changes and moves after it has been on my skin for awhile.

In the beginning,the dragon's blood might be a little strong, but as it dries the musks come out. The fig and currant offset the musk and dragon's blood, then, very briefly, it turns too musky.

That phase lasts just a few minutes, the fig and currant resurface, and the whole thing blends beautifully. I like it.

Oh man, oh man, oh man.

I've never been a fan of Dragon's Blood incense, but I've been wearing this for the last week. Sweet, rich, warm, and yes, very powerful, but not overpowering. I think it must be the musk that evens this out so beautifully.

bottle: dragon's blood and musk

on me: dragon's blood, musk, currant, fig. wow i can smell all the ingredients!

fig/currant comes out a lot more a few minutes later. musks are still there, and i can tolerate the red musk! there must just be a little bit in there. i honestly can't smell the dragon's blood anymore. odd.

it's a very lovely scent, but i'll have to wait to buy it because well...need money lol!

In the bottle I could swear this had cherry in it. Which did not make me happy. But I think what I was actually smelling is the currant.

Wet on my skin this is a rich, sweet, dark scent but it still has a very fruity overtone. But once it dries down the musks really come to the front along with the dragon's blood. These leave the fig and the currant in the background to add just the right bit of sweetness and passion. I really like this alot.... But so far I haven't not liked any of the Ars Draconis blends.

Right wrist says Dragon's Heart tonight! (The left wrist currently sports Blood)

In the imp: I smell ... cherries, and currants (not completely dried out, but definitely concentrated), and something sharp, and something floral. I don't actually know what fig would smell like, but that plus the currants kind of adds to the dark fruitiness that's floating about? Not all tropical, or punch-like, and nothing involving apples or citrus ... it's not even generic fruit like you might find in bubblegum or something. Describing by telling what it's not ... not sure if that's very useful...! The DH reminds me gently that I should sometimes attempt to answer the question, when I'd much prefer to throw about a comment, which is sometimes related to the question ... Maybe ... if vampires had orchards and bred new varieties of fruit ... goth fruit! Yep. I have no idea.

Wet on skin: the sharp kind of goes away a little bit, I get rose-powdery cherries.

Dry on skin: Is there such a thing as sharply powdery? Dragon's Heart side-by-side to Blood, there's a big difference. Where Blood is rounder, Dragon's Heart is a little spikier to my nose. I don't know whether that's going to make any sense to anyone else though *grin*

Overall, I'm not sure I like the sharpness that sticks around with Dragon's Heart. I don't mind powderyness so much, depending on what else sticks about, but the sharp thing just doesn't do it for me.

Yay! The dragon's blood is present, as are both musks, though on me red predominates (double yay!). The blackcurrant is quite strong and I really really like it. Keeping this.

Hmm. This goes on nicely. For about an hour it's dragon's blood, but nicely balanced by the fig and currants. But it all kind of mushes together after that and ends up the same smell I get with most red musk scents - a red, soapy blob without complexity. Oh, well. But I'll still wear it, becasue its initial stage is marvelous - it really is very powerful and commanding, good for a confidance booster!

On wet, I get a very heavy dragon's blood and black musk scent. After the initial drydown though, a sweetness comes out. It's has that berry tinge to it that I associate with currants. This one is a pretty good scent... and I usually hate the Arcs Draconis scents with a passion. Maybe not in the "must have bottle" pile, but definitely in the keep the imp around pile. :P

Pure dragon's blood resin on me, slightly less musky than Wolf's Heart but with the same "red" feel. I don't get the spice or currant at all, and it's incredibly strong. Yow. Headache inducing, in fact. Off it goes.

A.

In the vial: spicy baby power.

On the skin: Just something about dragon's blood resin... it just doesn't work at all on me. Gives me a headache. And the fig and I don't agree either. *tosses to the swap pile*

I love dragon's blood but I haven't reviewed any of the draconic scents in awhile; so, since I'm fond of red musk, I'm trying Dragon's Heart. It's much, much sweeter than I expected--I thought Dragon's Milk was so sweet because of the vanilla, but now I'm thinking the resin itself is also very sweet. I *almost* like it, but if it's this sweet I might as well just stick with the Milk, since for some reason this is going a bit powdery.

I am so happy that i bought a bottle of this one unsniffed. I love Dragon's Blood (still need to order a bottle...) and Dragon's Milk, and thought I should go for this one. I was right.

The currant definitely makes this one very sweet and almost candy like, although it takes a while to come out on my skin. (At first it is all dragon's blood and nothing else.) The musks add a nice background, but are not overly dominant. This does remind me of Wolf's Heart, but much, much sweeter. This lasts and lasts as well, which is a great plus.

Fabulous! It defintiely pays to go out on a limb sometimes!! :P

This is surprisingly perfumey straight out of the bottle. There’s a high floral note that I didn’t expect, though it has a warm spiciness underneath.

After a moment, the perfuminess is gone, as is the high floral, and low musks kick in underneath the warmth. The longer I wear it, the stronger the musk gets. This is definitely my least favorite of the Ars Draconis thus far. While I’m sure that it’s supposed to be doing what it’s doing, I’m just not a fan of dark musk.

Given a bit more time, it manifests a touch of cinnamon scent that I appreciate more. The heavy muskiness isn’t quite as bad as it was, but it’s still very musky. This is unsurprising (after all, it’s right there in the notes list) but I want to try everything I have, even if I’m fairly sure it won’t get along with me. So... yes, I'm afraid this one wasn't for me, but I knew it wouldn't be, and that's all right.

I am very dissapointed with the way this blend turned out on my skin. When I tried Dragon's Heart at will call earlier in the month, it smelled perfect on my skin: warm musk, sweet dragon's blood and a hint of currant that made me smell sexily musky and warm all at once. But when I applied from my imp today, all I got was generic powder. Now I know what people mean when they say a scent turned to "baby powder" on them. For the most part, I have had AMAZINGLY cooperative skin chemistry, with the exception of maybe Wanda. This is the second blend that my skin chemistry just crapped out on. Where was all that sexy musk and dragon's blood that I had smelled earlier? Then I remembered. I was on my PERIOD when I tried it. No wonder. I will give the imp one more shot, but if it doesn't work, I guess I'll have to swap it. Such a pity. Oh well, I've had such amazing luck with most scents I shouldn't be too heartbroken that this one didn't work on me.

Edited by Hava

In the imp it smells kinda menacing. The musks mostly, and there a little bit of sweetness, but certainly, the dragon's blood is very tamed in this blend!

On, wet, it reminds me a bit of Satyr, this must be the black musk, but it doesn't smell all that wild and animal, no goat or cat pee :P It is nice in fact. Certainly very warm, furry even, and strong, not in throw, but in character. It is heady and primal. I like it more than I expected!

As it dries down I detect the red musk that I like so much, and some other things I cannot put name to (the fig and black currant I guess) that give dimension to it. Hmh, lovely! now, I am very afraid of dragon's blood, it has spoiled several blends for me, as it smells of bubblegum to me, but in small doses, or tamed by something else, like here, it seems to work, in fact, I have trouble detecting it. The musks predominate in this blend, for me, and that is apparently a good thing.

Now one of the Ars Draconis blends I actually like, and I didn't expect to!

This is so RED, juicy, sexy, pulsing, powerful and delicious. It starts out bright red and flowing, drying down to a maroon, brooding scent. Dragon's Blood is always sweet and fresh, drying down to a powdery incense, on me. The fruits with the red musk are made for each other. If I didn't love the lilac in Dragon's Eye so much, or the pure sex of Dragon's Musk, or if Dragon's Milk did not chase my son's monsters away, this would be my favorite Ars Draconis. :lol:

Edited by lookingglass

I got this as a frimp with my second order from the lab. I'm not sure about the dragon's blood on me, but I'll have to give it a try.

In the imp: I can definitely smell the dragon's blood. Makes me think of my favourite incense. And the musks are hard to miss. I'm not really picking out any fruity notes though. Perhaps they will emerge...

On skin, wet: Wait, there is the fig! The name of this scent is so evocative. Sniffing my wrist, I can almost hear the thunder of a reptilian heart beating. The dragon's blood hasn't taken over too much like I feared it would. And the fig lends a sweetness to temper it. There is a heat in this too which must come from the red musk.

On skin, dry: This has dried down to a warm mix of musks, the ever present dragon's blood (of course), and something faintly wet and juicy smelling which must be a combination of fig and black currant. It feels as though you are wrapped warmly, leaning against your dragon in the night, protected and enfolded by it's body wrapped around you almost like a cave. A safe and warm smell.

Conclusion: I really like this. I'm not sure what the throw is like (no-one else at home!), but I can smell it fine without my nose close to my wrist at all. There is a subtle strength in this that is comforting. I can see this being a comfort perfume for me.

Dragon's blood and I have an iffy relationship. I can never figure out if I actually like the way it smells.

At first, I thought Dragon's Heart was a winner. In the imp and wet, it's fruity and musky and deep deep red. Musks don't generally agree with my skin, but I thought the fig and currant -- notes my skin amps -- would keep them from going sour.

I was wrong, though. As it dries, the blend takes on that sour powdery underbite that drives me nuts. This would make a good locket scent, though.

This is a beautiful scent. I love dragon's blood, but this smells even better than Dragon's Blood on its own. It's deep and musky, dark and warm. The fig and current aren't strong on me -- I wouldn't be able to pick them out as notes in this -- but they contribute a sweetness to the scent. They make it seem more feminine.

I understand why this one is called Dragon's Heart; it's warm and comfortable and makes me feel at home.

Edited by filigree_shadow