Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Dragon's Eye

A piercing, radiant perfume: dragon's blood resin, lily of the valley, lilac and galbanum.

Not feeling the piercing, it goes on light. It's a pretty floral. There is an underlying sense of blood, but it's quiet in this one. I like it! Edited by Shollin
fixed BPAL tags

This doesn't smell like lilac and dragons blood. This smells like LILAC and dragon's blood and this is before it even hits my skin. Once it hits my skin, the dragon's blood is eaten and the lilac is all that is left. Probably not gonna wear this much, as I don't much like smelling like my backyard.

It is piercing and radiant, though.

I don't get any lilac or galbanum from Dragon's Eye. What I do get is lily of the valley and plumeria, which is what dragon's blood smells like on me. The two flowers work very well together. I may get a bottle of this.

In the imp: lilac-gasm!

Wet on me: powdery lilac and something a little sour. Needs time to settle.

After a few minutes: Finally I can smell the dragon's blood along with the nectar-sweet lilac, still quite strong. There is still something a little bitter here. I hope it's not the lily-of-the-valley; I love the scent and would hate to think I couldn't wear it. .... Now I can smell something resinous: the galbanum? It is indeed a sharp scent.

Drydown: The lilac has settled down and now it's mainly a resinous scent, backed by the sweetness of dragon's blood. Compared with how it smells wet it's really not that sweet at all, but rather sharp and pungent. Definitely an interesting combination of scents and quite a morpher.

Upon first sniff with was nice in the bottle. Pretty sharp. Not quite sure what I was smelling though :P

As I put it on, it smelled like suntan lotion. Not really a bad, stinky thing, but then again, not really something I want my perfume oil to smell like on me.

After a bit, the suntan scent faded, but all I get it a nice lilac. I guess my skin just kinda amped up the lilac and left everything else out :D It's a soft and subtle scent on me, not at all the piercing sent I was hoping for. Oh well. It's still very pretty, just maybe not for me.

This is lily of the valley and lilac making up the top notes but with the dragon's blood underlying it. The dragon's blood gives the flowers some oomph, giving the scent a lot more energy then the flowers would have alone.

imp: lilac and lillies. i don't get even a hint of dragon's blood. very floral.

wet: still very floral. i think the lilac is winning out here. very nice though not quite what i was expecting.

dry: the florals become a bit more tame and i think i can catch the barest hint of dragon's blood.

One of the many frimps I got in my last order!

In the imp, it's sharp and floral - I definitely get the lilac, which is my "favorite flower," but I'm used to getting it all on its own. It's interesting here.

When I put it on initially, it warms up and the sharpness fades - it's a soft floral with just a little smoky bite underneath.

Once it dries, the smoke really comes out, but it's balanced really well by the florals. It's not love at first sight, but I like it!

In the imp: dragon's blood, which is what I was expecting.

On skin: I smell dragon's blood and lilac, but something else that stops it being overly floral-sweet. I'm not familiar with galbanum, maybe that's it? It's a spicy, deep floral rather than a light, sweet floral.

Over time, the lilac amps to cover everything else.

Oddly, despite the lilac, this hits me as being the most masculine of the Ars Draconis I've tried so far. I know I have a weird nose, though, because a lot of the other scents I've reviewed and thought quite feminine seemed masculine to all the other reviewers.

I like this- I like nearly everything with dragon's blood- but it's not my favourite of the Ars Draconis.

Edited by lilirose

Where, oh where is the dragon's blood in this? On me this is pure lily and lilac. Jaysus. I smell like my mother. She is very sweet, but she is 87 years old. Not the image I want to convey even when I am channeling my crone aspect.

This one is Not Okay with me. I think I could have handled a pure floral if I weren't expecting it to be, you know, more resinous. It's bright red in the imp.

Off to swaps wi' ye!

ETA: I added some Bonfire Night to my persona, my current favorite solution for excessively sentimental florals. Yep, burnt lilies I can handle.

Edited by Czarina

Egh, does an eyeball smell like this? It might, really, but there's no blood in this eye. It's all lily-aquatics on me--not something I'm really wanting to wear, ya know? Especially since I'm not particularly keen on lilies for the most part, and aquatics are often terribly bitter on me. Yep.

In the bottle: It reminds me of a shower gel I had and liked in high school.

Wet: Lily of the valley, which I adore.

Dry: Still mostly lily, with decent throw, at least in wafts. There's something underneath it that cuts the sweetness and makes it a floral I could wear on a daily basis. I assume that's the dragon's blood (this is my first time with the Ars Draconis family). Fiance loves it. Bottle buy, most likely. I'd like to see how this goes over in my scent locket.

I think I need to try Dragon's Tears next.

Heavy on the lily-of-the-valley and lilac. Light on the Dragon's Blood.

Which would usually be a good thing, since D'sB and I don't get along terribly well on a regular basis. But unfortunately, this is too light and white-floral for me. It's got no edge, no punch on me, just absently floating, generic florals.

This is actually the second time I've tried it (swapped the first imp) and I think it's got to go again. Sad.

In the imp: Dragon's blood... I'm learning to identify notes bit by bit, and this one says "sorta grape, sorta cherry, but not really sweet, not really either," which means dragon's blood.

Wet: Flowers? Lily of the valley, definitely. Despite the description, it's still surprising that something this color would smell so... not this color.

Drying: Ooh! I swear I actually smell some lilac in there! It's not as dominant as I would like, but darnit, it's THERE! Definitely a step in the right direction, that's for sure. I agree with everyone above me that despite the bloody look of this stuff, there's no blood to be had... I get a nice, simple floral instead. But that's fine by me. :P

Oh darling Dragon's Eye at last I have found you, my friend. You wrapped me in your sweet floral embrace evoking memories of happy childhood moments. My Lilac sented Lisset. My Lilly of the Valley scented linens. Then you threw in the spicy lovely dragon's blood and ohh I am in heaven

There is a little bit of a plasticy smell to this, so I'm thinking a good aging will help that. Otherwise, perfectly loverly and happy scent. It is very sharp in it's florals. I haven't decided which stands out best yet but next to my soul-mate, Night-gaunt...This would be my very best friend.

in the imp: dragon's blood with a floral mix and something that is making me gag under it :D

wet on skin: dragon's blood and coconut! it's like DB goes to the beach :D

dry down: dragon's blood with daffodils.

in all: i'm picky about my DB mixes. Dragon's Milk is still the one for me. however, if you like floral notes, you'll likely love this blend.

:P

It's a very light springtime scent, kind of a textbook floral to me. The dragon's blood gives it a bit of an interesting kick, but mostly all I smell is the lily and lilac. It would be great for someone with a better enjoyment of good floral scents, but it's not really for me.

In the vial - Sharp and clear. As might be expected the Dragon's Blood is the most prominent note, but the lilac adds a lovely freshness.

Wet on the skin - I love lily of the valley - it's one of the few lillies I can wear. It's very evident here, but at first application the blend may be a little too overtly floral for my tastes.

Dry down - This isn't a blend I would wear outside the house, but it'll be excellent for wearing when I need to wake myself up on sluggish mornings.

In imp: very floral, a high, sharp floral.

Wet: lilac, lots of lilac. Where is the DBR? This smells too dressy for me. I’m not in the mood for this so will try it again another day.

Drydown: Still very much LILAC. I would have enjoyed this one more if the lily of the valley and resin had stood up to the lilac a bit more.

Another day: Today it is very hot out and I appreciate the high, clear tone of this scent. I guess that must be what they mean by “piercing” in the description. The lilac is behaving itself, not too much throw and it isn’t overpowering. Still, it doesn't smell very interesting on me.

--Myrrha

In the bottle, this was ALL lily and lilac, and something very lush and sweet underneath, I'm assuming dragon's blood. On, however, the lilac becomes a little powdery, though not in the bad way, and the lily all but disappears. The dragon's blood becomes sharp and metallic, with powdery lilac swirling around in it. This is rather lovely, but strange. I'm not sure what I think of it! It really, really morphed on my skin, and sadly, I liked it better in the bottle. Hmm. I'm giving it 2.5 stars out of five for now. I'll keep this around but I don't know how often I'll wear it.

*Edit* I now love this! Upon extended drydown, it turns to pure, sweet lilac deliciousness. This is indeed a "radiant" perfume, as the lab describes it. A keeper!

Edited by thelaurenator

In bottle/imp: Dragon’s blood and lilac with a touch of soapy lily.

Immediately on skin: This is very cool, floral dragon’s blood. The lilac and lily are very strong and blend with the dragon’s blood. It’s not a very complex fragrance and seems pretty straightforward floral dragon’s blood on my skin. It’s not a sweeter scent, though.

After a few minutes: Dragon’s blood turns plastic-y on me sometimes, and unfortunately it did so in this blend. The lilac and lily of the valley blend in nicely though, and make this a bit cooler and deep.

Overall Impressions: This is a nice cool, floral dragon’s blood blend. Personally, I found the dragon’s blood to turn plastic-y in this one, but it may very well by the lily of the valley interacting with the d.b. note (lily sometimes turns soapy on me).

This is the very first of the Dragon's Blood scents I've tried and when I saw the imp was surprised by just how red the oil was. But I didn't let the color stop me and dotted a little on left wrist so here's my review.

In the Bottle: Sweet/astringent flowers. Is that even possible?

Wet: A bouquet of pure sweet flowers!

Dry: Sweet flowers but with a hint of what I'm assuming is the resin. I don't smell the dragon's blood right away but after a deep sniff just as the scent of a spring bouquet is starting to fade a smokey scent wafts into my nostrils. I wasn't sure about that part at first but I can only smell it when I stick my wrist right underneath my nose. Otherwise the overall scent has good throw, although I don't know how well it last.

Verdict: Definitely a keeper and encourages to try the rest of its kin.

Oh, now this is a freebie, but I know I won't like this. Dragon's blood, yuuuck.

In bottle: DB and...cherries?

Wet on skin: opium! Opium and DB. Sligh floral something. Florals coming out! Smells astringent like lillies and possibly roses. Ewww, roses. *looks at description* Ha! I'm getting better at this sniffing by nose. Oh god, choking on lillies and powdery-cloaking-lilac, which I what I mistook for opium.

Dry on skin: Good god, somehow the lilac has choked out and overpowered even the dreaded dragon's blood...then, fifteen minutes later the lilac clears, lightens up, and turns pretty. Just lilac thought, nothing else. Swappage is imminent.