Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lady_Ell

Morocco

The intoxicating perfume of exotic incenses wafting on warm desert breezes. Arabian spices wind through a blend of warm musk, carnation, red sandalwood and cassia.

wow, this is great! :P as some have previously noted, this is quite similar to Dior Addict perfume... but much better! it must be lacking what i didn't like in the Dior. it also has more staying power. it's soft, creamy, spicy and sweet but not cloying. absolutely beautiful. i'll be getting a big bottle for sure. i'm also very happy to have found a love in the general catalog scents, because so far i've fallen mostly for limited edition scents. :D

Morocco is spicy vanilla amber-musk on my skin. It has decent staying power, nice throw, and may just require a bottle...

This is very light -- the lightest BPAL scent I’ve smelled yet. Wet, it’s a gentle blend of spiced oils that instantly strikes me as Snake Cousin’s shy, reclusive cousin.

I catch a touch of ginger, but the note list explains it isn’t there, unless it’s under “spices”, so I’m puzzled. This is extraordinarily quiet -- it’s nice to have a scent with no chance of offending someone, certainly, and it’s elegantly subtle, but... it’s so quiet. I’m surprised.

Over time, it gradually develops into a soft, subtle, gently spicy aura. It’s a neat effect. I’m not overwhelmed, but it’s nice, and it scores points for nice.

In the imp I get mostly a warm, spicey carnation...with quite a bit of musk...

VERY pretty...I like it a lot.

On my skin it's a very musky sandalwood..and there's a LITTLE bit of carnation under there, but primarily it's the sandalwood and warm musk...

Wet this scent is freaking intoxicating and amazing...I cannot stop smelling myself.

Amazingly, the sandalwood doesn't become overpowering in the slighest...

It's there, but it doesn't amp up like it usually does on my skin.

This is soft, seductive and exotic all at the same time - and it's creamy...

This blend is amazing..and I need to have it in a larger bottle!! :P

I received this imp from a lovely Forumite :P

In the imp: subtle spicy floral

Wet: quite musky with a creamy note

Dry: oh, this is lovely on the dry down. The creamy note has turned to vanilla, which is wonderful. The spicy notes and florals balance one another beautifully. Big bottle ahoy!

This is one that has been on my wishlist for ages. It's one that I knew I would love but I kept putting it on the back burner. Well now I've finally tried it (and yes I do love it). Wet this is powdery and sweet musk, warm and round. When first on it's a heady floral mixed with the powdery musk. After a few minutes it's less sweet and a woody note develops- this must be the sandalwood. It becomes very soft with a creamy vanilla undertone. This one is gorgeous!! It's very sensual. I can see why this is a favorite for many people. I think this would work equally well on the right man too. A definite BPAL classic :P

This was the first scent I bought a bottle of- my very first BPAL love. It's still easily in my top three. The number one reason: it instantly puts me at the Texas Renaissance Festival, where I spent some of the most happiest moments of my adolescence. It's a very intriguing scent, making one want to follow it down dusty bazaar alleyways. I hear drums when I wear it, and see dark eyes framed by chain mail. It's feminine and spicy at the same time, with a very sexy sweetness. It lingers a good while on me, and my skin eats oil up.

In the bottle - Cream and cooking spices

Wet on me - Clean linen, but somehow evocative of warmth

Dry on me - Creamy vanilla like a mug of warm frothy milk sprinkled with spices

Overall - I like this a lot a definite bottle for the future

Mmmm this is yummy.

It does smell a bit like Dior Addict, but not as strong.

This is a sexy, comforting, soft, warm, glowing perfume. It's truly wonderful. :P

Mmmmm...very nice.

Wet on me it's a warm vanilla, nice because it's not too sweet.

As it dries it there's a slight spice to it and I catch a hint of something I can't quite put my finger on.

All in all, I really like this one. Might have to put it on my bottle list.

I got a 10ml bottle of this in anticipation of all my olfactory desires coming true. O.K., overkill alert!!!

Smells nice, but not my forever love.

First sniff on my skin: warmish, sweet, a little spicy, sweet (did I mention sweet?), nice scent....OH...NO!!!!! Not this....where is the plastic smell coming from?? This can't be happening. :P I will try again another time.

===========================================================

OK, a few days later; Still nice, still sweet and just a little spice..waiting for plasticy smell......waiting...waiting...NO Plastic! My sinuses were acting up last test.

Ok then, it smells like a nice one to wear to work, church, out to dinner with family, a nice basic fragrance.

Not tossing into sell pile yet....Give it time to maybe grow on me.

In the imp – sweet musk?

Wet/Drydown – blend of spices – sweet. Very warm scent. Maybe some cassia, a very warm musk. I’m not getting any floral. I smell like syrup! Yup – getting a syrupy smell, syrup with a bit of cinnamon. I smell like a bakery. I don’t really get sandalwood or incense, which I think would tame the bakery sweetness. My dad says I smell like “licorice and new car smell”, then “chocolate leather”. Ohhhhhh kaaaaay…

Dry – pure bakery. It’s a yummy bakery, but a bakery nonetheless.

I know Morocco is one of the most popular scents in BPAL, but I just don't want to smell like a bakery, no matter how yummy it is. I gave the imp to Almeda.

This is just gorgeous. Musky, spicy, woody, and sweet but not too sweet. Sexy but subtle. I can see why so many people love it.

Smells like Samsara by Guerlain, only not as strong and musky as that one was. In the bottle it's spicy sweet musk, very light and pretty. On my skin a soft vanilla comes out and blends with the spices very very nicely. So creamy and sweet, it reminds me of chai. I don't really get the carnation at all, but just the spices and musk. It's very soft and sensual, and it has decent throw, and it lasts for most of the evening, but I don't mind reapplying every once in a while. Love this. :P

"...wafting on a breeze" is right: for an incense belnd, Morocco is so light it's barely-there, even after a good slathering. This isn't a bad thing, but there isn't much throw. This is a definite second-skin scent, and it's really quite lovely. For a musk blend, it's almost shockingly clean--it reminds me of Sudha Segara, in that both are light, spicy-clean blends. I too am noticing that warm milk scent, with an almost-vanilla hint (must be the cassia). It's elegant and subtle, slightly sexy but not at all improper. It's the scent of a very properly-dressed woman with exotic features, and underneath her silk blouse and business suit she has on black lace lingerie. Beth has outdone herself yet again.

This is one of my favorites. I'm surprised I haven't reviewed it yet.

It is a pale, dry scent. and warm, as in sun-baked. It has been in the sun long enough to have most of the color removed, but that is not to say the essence is gone. Not at all. For all it's colorlessness, it is not at all weak.

And the musk soaks it into my skin so that it feel like a part of me.

I would have called it a white sandalwood. But no, the description has it down as red. Normally, Beth's sandalwood is way too candle-smokey on me, so you can imagine that I am well pleased to have this, which is what I want in a sandalwood.

I recently inherited my mother's perfumes and there is an old vial of sandalwood (20 yrs maybe?) that smells just like morocco to me.

Oh, and it is great for layering!

warm and musky, but a bit blander than i thought it would be. i keep sniffing hoping it would go one way or the other, but this is a bit disappointing. i almost think this would be enhanced by something sweet! maybe layered, with O. mmm :P

This one is going on my must have list. I love the warm incense smell of it. It feels so warm and sun baked, it is a warm sweet desert in a bottle. Have I mentioned I love this one!

(This smells familiar. Maybe it's the Dior Addict comparisons?)

Anyways, not much to add to the previous reviews.

This is indeed a lovely warm, softly spicy, creamy, sweet (in a vanilla/musk combo kind of way), inoffensive, and alluring scent.

This vanilla in Morocco is very similar to Antique Lace--AL with a little sandalwood and gentle spices to make an equally comforting and warm scent.

Smells exactly like Burberry perfume. Exactly.

Edited by cinderfallen

This is a lab frimp I accidentally put on when I was actually looking to try Bengal, so I was a bit surprised by what I smelled from it. At first, carnation. Then, carnation. After a bit, more carnation. Hours later, carnation cookies. Yes, really. The carnation cookies start to venture into the realm of plastic cookies, and that's where I'm not bothering to sniff any more. This is a nice scent if you like carnation, but I don't, so it's not for me.

Imp: Spice, bit not hot like cinnamon. It's nice, because many of the spiced scents I've been trying have been with cinnamon.

Wet: Still spicy, but with a sweet perfume at the same time. I don't know how else to describe it. It's not floral, but it's sweet and very pleasant.

Dry: Pretty much the same as when wet.

Final Thoughts: The boyfriends says "You smell delicious!" I like it and I plan on keeping it around.

Morocco is one of my favorite scents in the whole catalog. It's also one that improves with age, becoming stronger and deeper. This review is for new Morocco.

Both in the bottle and on my skin, it's a soft whisper of vanilla, musk, and exotic spices. It has almost no throw and my skin eats it, yet I love it nearly as much as Black Opal and even Snow White. It's in that same category of soft, comforting, quiet blends I don't want to live without. Morocco suits me perfectly, somehow enhancing my own personal body chemistry and scent.

Is there vanilla in Morocco? If not, something else in it transforms into pure, delicate vanilla on my skin. I absolutely love this scent. I never thought I could like, let alone love a vanilla fragrance after enduring years of my daughter wearing the Body Shop vanilla, but it's scents like Morocco and Mouse's LaST that have changed my opinion about the note.

If the lab comes out with scented lotion, I hope they consider making a Morocco-scented one! It would really help it carry, and a fragrance this lovely should have good throw!

I got this as a frimp from Blackheartedangel and OMG, I fell in love with this scent. Warm, sweet, creamy-spices and a dessert wind. It's beautiful beyond words. I'm going to have to get a bottle.

It's also got a decent throw and staying power, too.

Morocco has great throw, but gah it doesn't smell good on me. Not sure what it is exactly, but I'm getting a sickly strong sweet powder scent, sort of like the inside of a Bazooka Joe bubblegum wrapper after you've rubbed it on an older lady's powdered inner arm. Not that I've ever...done that. Um.

Not for me. :P