Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lady_Ell

Morocco

The intoxicating perfume of exotic incenses wafting on warm desert breezes. Arabian spices wind through a blend of warm musk, carnation, red sandalwood and cassia.

Who doesn't love Morocco?!? :P

If the heavens above suddenly proclaimed that I was only allowed to have one signature scent for the rest of my life the choice would be easy: Morocco. (Of course then I would cry and curse the gods for denying me the rest of the precious...!)

Morocco is gorgeous: creamy, slightly spicy, vanilla-y goodness. It's my one true comfort scent and every time I wear it and smell it through out the day, it's like getting a big bear hug from my beloved. It's really no wonder why this is consistently so many people's favorite.

This is incredibly faint on me, barely there even though I slathered it. What little I can smell is really nice -- warm spices and lots of smoke, but no vanilla. If this was about 10 times stronger I'd buy a big bottle and put it in an oil burner when I have the gas fireplace on in the living room, because it really has the most amazingly realistic smoke scent to it!

ETA: Well, now that it's aged for a year or so, the sharp smoke is gone and I definitely get the vanilla! It's still pretty light and I need to SLATHER it in order to get much effect, but it's really beautiful. I will definitely buy a few bottles of this and tuck them away for a year or so.

Edited by Catmint

I can't believe I have been wearing BPAL for two years plus and finally got around to trying Morocco. Now I understand what all the fuss is about.

This is a perfect scent; soft warm and comforting with the sweet vanilla and carnation, balanced with the spices that add just a little kick, a mere suggestion of sultry and sexy. Like a sex goddess on her day off, wearing comfy clothes and drinking tea. The musk is positively creamy.

This is warm, but not sultry, and doesn't have much throw. I practically have to press my nose to my wrist to get a strong whiff of it. It is a subtle scent, one you can slather yourself in without being overwhelming. It's perfect for this cool fall day. This added to an unscented lotion would be mother-truckin' divine. I want several bottles of this!

Ohmaude + Morocco = :P

Bottle: Sweet and spicy

Wet: I smell something sweet and something peppery. It is very warm and gold.

Drydown: Still sweet and peppery. It is very warming, it makes me feel like summer on a cold day. It's good.

3.5 outta 5.

When I was first enabled, I was talking to my BPAL mentor and saying that I was looking forward to trying more and more scents, because, while there were a lot of great scents that I'd tried, I hadn't found that one that made me sit up and say, "Oh Lord, I want to smell like that for the rest of my life!!" She said that Morocco was that scent for her, and I can totally see why.

In the imp, it's definitely warm and spicy; I get a little of the carnation spiciness, along with musk-y sandalwood.

When I put it on, the only way to describe how it smells is "spicy-sweet" - as much as I try to rack my brain for more information, or specific notes even, I can't explain it.

When it dries, this luscious creaminess comes out, along with the sweet spiciness. It's REALLY nice - definitely a keeper.

Initial Impression: carnation, spice

On Wet: carnation, musk, creamy, fades quickly

On Dry: gone, daddy, gone

Final Impression: fades too quickly, but was beautiful while it lasted.

Rating (on a scale of 1-5): 4 for the scent, 2 because it fades so fast

On me, this smells exactly like Burberry Brit for women, just a little less heady. I was hoping for something a little spicier, but it still smells very nice.

A frimp from the Lab. Thanks Lab! :P

This scent is nostalgic as hell on me. There was a review of Sea of Glass a while back where someone said "this is what I thought I smelled like when I wore China Rain as a teenager." Well, Morocco is what I thought I smelled like when I wore Vanilla Musk as a teenager. VERY similar on my skin, except Morocco has better ingredients and doesn't knock me out with alcohol. It's a comforting yet sensual spicy vanilla scent.

It remains to be seen whether the sandalwood will end up resulting in a headache. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. But if it behaves, this may end up being a comfort scent par excellence for me.

ETA: This is also a close cousin to Underpants, to my nose.

Edited by lady_pandora

in the bottle I can hardly smell it: sweet baby powder?

On the skin: smells like baby powder and vanilla, definitely can smell the sandalwood too and woosh it vanished- reapplying…oh god this is yummy, I can smell the carnation and spice now, tempered by something warm and sweet, must be the musk, which usually doesn't work on me, but is really really fantastic.

It is reminding me of old friends from high school who wore Vanilla Fields and Love's Baby Soft....but this is the adult, grown up version of that (and I wrote this in my excel sheet before I went to the thread and saw lady_pandora's post above me- uncanny!).

I would take half a star off for weakness, but I can't- it's Just That Good. I want a big bottle of it to bathe in. It smells like curling up in the sunshine in a comfy spot with a favorite book. It smells like casual, innocent sexiness. It smells like a kitchen where honeyed sweet-breads are being baked by someone you love. If you can't tell, I am head over heels for Morocco. Magnificent. :P

This is from my first order, fresh imp from the lab.

Imp: Wow, this reminds me of Silk Road, but softer, or something. Spicy and warm.

Wet: Floral? Where do you come from? Please go away.

Dry: It's still similar to SR, but not at all. It's got a darker note to it, and more musk I think. Definitely a winner.

I'm very new to BPAL, but I know perfection when I smell it! Through Morocco I've discovered a love of carnation, musk, cassia, and found myself to be a spice lover. Gorgeous on every level, the perfect scent... it's love! :P

On me, I smell spicy smoked vanilla and it totally reminds me of Snake Oil, just not as loud. It hovers close to my skin but lasts forever. I bought a big bottle after smelling it at the Whole Foods.

I was disappointed the first time I tried this -- I really wanted the spicy Morocco and not the vanilla one. But after wearing it a few times I've decided that I really like it. This is smooth and creamy, with just a little spice to give it some depth. Picture a snickerdoodle in a bottle and you'll have Morocoo. Another thing I like about this one is that it's pretty but laid-back -- you can wear it anywhere. It's perfect for class, a date, or even a visit to your grandma.

4/5

*Edited for grammar.

Edited by inurbanus

Unfortunately, my nose is still quite new at all this, so bear with me. I wasn't sure I was going to like Morocco when I sniffed the imp--smelled more floral than I usually like, perhaps this was the carnation? However, now that it's on and dry, I LOVE it! :P It's spicy & warm, a very comforting scent. I somehow smell some coconut too :D (from the other reviews I've skimmed, it does appear that I'm quite alone in that!) but this is definitely a keeper and one that I love!

In the vial: spicy musk.

Wet on skin: surprisingly floral and mild. Where are the Arabian spices? Cool, fresh and pretty!

Dry on skin: as it dries the musk comes out and warms it softly. It's perfumy and pretty strong. Still no Arabian spices, just the gentle, pale spice of the carnation and musk and a hint of vanilla. I could definitely wear this! It's a non-floral floral, neither warm nor cool, and almost colourless. It gets cooler and fresher as is dries, and is very clean. Not at all what I expected, but very nice!

I am in love! :P When I opened the imp, the first word I uttered was "WOW!"

Imp: Vanilla, spices, and incense.

Wet on skin: All incense now...

Dry: Ahh!! I love it. Smells the way it smelled in the imp but with more depth. I ran up to my mom and made her smell my wrist. Her reaction, like mine, was "WOW!"

I am in Love! Once again BPAL has delivered to me a sent that I cannot stop sniffing.

I got Morocco due to the recs thread based on the sents and notes I seem to like (sweet, foddy, and spicy)

Its light, rich and creamy with spices and resins under it. It really is the perfect blend for me. Athough it smells wonderful (and to my surprise the florals behaved) it wears very close to the skin on me, and doesnt last more than a few hours. I am getting a 5ml (or 2, or three) so I can slather away whenever I want.

OOoooh! Hello Morocco!

Yeah, I can see why this scent has so many fans. It's a warm, well-balanced perfume. I'm shocked to have experienced a carnation that I don't hate with a passion! Usually, the spicy pepper of carnation amps to smell just *bad* to me, but in Morocco, it adds a hint of spicy floral without ever going sharp or sour.

This is what I was hoping Lush's Potion would smell like. (I hate Potion.)

Sultry, yet clean somehow. This actually reminds me of Black Lace, I can't tell you why other than that my nose is pretty immature, and they just smell similar to me.

I'll definitely keep my imp, Morocco is a winner!

4.2 out of 5

Morocco has quickly become my ultimate 'perfect' scent. Slightly spicy, gently warm, and with a hint of vanilla to tie it all together, my skin warms it to an almost golden goodness. My only problem is that my skin chemistry tries to eat it up.. but that's quickly solved by keeping an imp handy and a scent locket on.

This is what Snake Oil should smell like, to my rather new nose. (But I will give S.O. a try.. later.)

My personal rating: Off The Charts.

Got a decant in a swap, so I have no idea how long this has been aged.

In the imp: sandalwood.

Wet: sandalwood and parafin. Yes, it smells like a sandalwood candle.

Drydown: Very smooth; I can barely distinguish the sandalwood, carnation, musk, and pepper (white pepper I think).

I agree with the poster who compared this to Guerlain's Samsara. It has a very similar vibe.

Great throw, good wearlength.

Oh Morocco, my new love.

Sweet, creamy and sexy. This scent stays very close to my skin with not too much throw but I just want to bathe in it. This is what I wanted Snake Oil to smell like on me - warm, sensuous vanilla and musk, swirling with spices.

I'll definitely need a few bottles of this one!

This is so beautiful. It is a very gentle, creamy, sweet, spicy floral. It is really rich, but not super heavy.

Gorgeous!!!

This scent saddened me so much. I could smell the sandalwood, and the carnation, but it was so faint. And after a while, it just... it was gone. It disappeared.

If it was stronger, just a little bit, I'd so totally wear this everywhere. But it's not, and I'm sad, because I think I'm missing out on something awesome.

In Vial: Spicy wood

Wet: Pungent spice with a little sweet.

Drydown: As it dries it becomes mostly sweet and warm, less spicey. Smells like a mild creamy spice. Becomes very mild. There is something cozy about the way this smells.

Evoking Color: Cream