Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lady_Ell

Morocco

The intoxicating perfume of exotic incenses wafting on warm desert breezes. Arabian spices wind through a blend of warm musk, carnation, red sandalwood and cassia.

Wet on my skin, this is a very sweet honey-like scent with warm, dry spices. As it dries, a soft floral (cassia?) emerges. It seems to wear close to the skin, without much throw - but it's strong up close. It doesn't quite agree with me, because the honey-esque sweetness bothers me. But it is a very nice, soft, warm, sexy skin scent, just the same!

Edited by sarahmarie

MUSK LOVE in the floriental department!

Antique Lace's more incensey sister! Morocco smells more pale pink, while Antique Lace is more violet pastel. With a touch of spice that doesn't burn me and a hint of fresh wood, all wrapped up into something completely sexy, fresh, and confident, this is very wearable! It's like a oomphed up vanilla musk! Yuuuuuuum!

SLATHER!!!!!!!!!!!

MUST have a big bottle!

Edited by lookingglass

:P I'm really loving Morocco. It's just a perfect blend of sweetness and spice, with just a hint of floral. There's something creamy and sweet here - I'm lousy at picking out notes, but it's really nice. A bit musk and spice, but they're subtle and sexy. Morocco is definately hanging close to my skin, but it's just so beautiful, I can't stop sniffing my arm. My mom loves it too, so I can definately see needing a big bottle of this in the near future!!

I don't generally like spicy scents. Morocco's spices, however, are very smooth in their warmth rather than being heavy or nose-prickling. The result is that it's a very comfortable scent - the kind that keeps me sniffing my arm.

Unfortunately, as wonderful a scent as it is, it's not something that's very me, and I can't imagine wearing it as a perfume for myself. I've heard, though, that the spices in Snake Oil are very similar but with the addition of vanilla and sugar. I'm hoping to try Snake Oil out sometime and see if it's as comfortable a scent as Morocco is.

Bottle: spice and the carnation, warm and subtle

Wet: hints of the musk, definite carnation and the spices still very present

Dry: the sandalwood is still in the background, the spicy carnation and musk remain at the fore. warm and exotic, but still subtle..not at all overpowering.

Later: A very balanced blend on me - so pretty! It just keeps warming and broadening, but remains so lovely and subtle. A spicier blend that I can wear in summer and not feel concerned it'll take over.

*sighs* Morocco is one of those scents that just seem to have been made for my skin type. The initial imp I bought was gentle and warm, but I was afraid it was too close to Yerevan, another favourite. However, I bought a big bottle anyway, and I'm incredibly pleased that I did!

Out of the bottle Morocco turns into a warm blend of vanilla and chocolate scents that just envelop me as I move through a room. It has a decent throw as well, since I have gotten compliments from people who are a few feet away from me.

Overall, a very warm, comforting sort of blend that has a hint of sensual spice.

In the vial: Very green floral and a titch of sandalwood.

On me, wet: The spices spring up immediately, the green fades into sandalwood and rose, and it sweetens considerably. I would never have guessed that this perfume would change so much on the skin.

On me, dry: Vanilla or milk, spice, and a teensy bit of sandalwood-rose. Deee-licious, and so good to smell I can't tear myself away from my wrist.

Verdict: Even though this is a mild perfume, and does disappear unless it's slathered on, it's so worth it. I am so in love with the light, milky, spicy sweetness of this. It's subtle yet discernable, mild yet spicy, fragrant but not overpowering. This now tops my list of Must-Get bottles, tied with Severin, Glasgow, Velvet and Dana O'Shee.

In Bottle: Sweet exotic spices

On Skin: This starts very interesting. I think I smell saffron, or something super exotic. It’s not as biting as cassia usually is on me, or maybe the sweetness is cutting it? There has to be vanilla in this blend because I smell that beautiful creamy mellow note that BPAL vanilla usually turns to on me. Wow, I know what this reminds me of… Enraged Bunny Musk after it’s super long dry down phase… 5 hours later but a little more spicy. But it has that beautiful clean and sweet note that EBM becomes, I’m thinking that’s the musk. I love it!!! The spices are actually very gentle, very slight, the scent is more sweet than anything. Even the sandalwood is tame, just a mellow woody note, not as stark and bright as it can be on me sometimes. And thankfully I’m not smelling the carnation at all, which is a good thing because carnation is notorius for going wonky on my skin. This is a beauitful scent, I’ll be keeping the imp for sure. Very light throw, almost too light and sadly not much wearing length.

This one seems to really worked on me as a love potion and man attractant. I wore this to a lecture and the two guys next to me contantly gave me the eye, and leaning into my personal space, they were sort of recommending themselves. That was a nice flirty moment...both guys were handsome and physically my type, tall, brown hair blue eyes...Havent noticed them in that way before...hmm maybe it works on both sexes... But I digress. Morroco is all sweet and spicy and lovely. It is far more perfumy than other foody scents, but that makes it a nice different love potion, a sophisticated tool of seduction.

I thought I reviewed this before. I can see why I didn't, though. I'm heartbroken. Morocco, when wet, is gorgeous. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. Spiced sweetness, laced with musk and perfect carnation. I inhale and enjoy. For about all of five minutes. I barely get a chance to appreciate Morocco's magic, because it's gone fast. Almost as soon as it dries, there's nothing left. No throw, no lasting power, nothing but the brief memory of a perfect scent. I tried this three times with the hope of better results, but it's time to give up hope. Morocco would have been perfect, if only it hadn't disappeared on my skin.

This was a very creamy spice blend. I guess I expected it to be "drier" because of the carnation and sandalwood, but it smelled very much like a thick, creamy vanilla with some spices in it.

Still very pretty, despite not being entirely what I thought it would be.

Dry, warm, smooth; spicey without being foody. It makes me think of the SF novel <u>Dune</u> - a breath of spiced wind from the desert where fierce blue-eyed tribesmen ride atop sandworms. The scent isn't too sweet, unlike many others in this category (O, Snake Oil, Queen of Sheba). Very warming, and would be great for autumn.

Not my usual sort of thing, but I like this!

It starts out as almost straight musk, with a teeny-tiny hint of carnation. As it dries, though, it warms and sweetens and becomes something exotically lovely. Most things that I classify in Morocco's scent category have some note that makes my head hurt (usually red musk), but this has a spicy woodiness over a faint floral that makes it smell like a dusty old shop down a dark alley, where junk tumbles out the door but treasures can be found if you know how to ask.

It's sadly a bit fleeting on my skin; by the time it really rounds out, it's fading away. This would be marvelous as a room scent, I think, or even a sachet; it's not something I need a big bottle of right away, but it's on the list once my short list is filled.

Gah, musk from hell in this. I smell like cheap men's shaving cream or cologne. There was a hint of yummy spice at the beginning, but it took off immediately.

I know better than to try musk scents, but stupid me, I was hopeful. :P

Oh, this is SO me!

I love spicy, musky, sandalwood-y blends, and I've recently discovered I love carnation, too!

Big bottle time!!!

This one is really, really well blended. The following is what I got both on uncapping the bottle, and wet on my wrists: Spice. Flowers. The heat of the souk after midday. Fruit-- oranges? Winds from the desert.

Seriously, that's what went through my mind. Dry, I have more spice-- probably from the carnation, a sweetness from what's probably the cassia, and just an overwhelming warmth. And then-- whoa! I've had this on for about thirty minutes, and the throw's just !popped!, with an indefinable undercurrent of something. It's a good something, and I'll bet it's the musk warming and mixing with the spices-- smells like cinnamon bark, nutmeg, a hint of clove. Maybe a very, very slight hint of... hmmm... I want to say, dried ginger, and the near-undefinable taste of a good, spicy, New Zealand Gala apple. The musk is buoying them up, without being overpowering. Exotic, inviting.

After an hour: my skin likes this one. There's a lingering, spicy, melange of warmth, with a layer of sweetness. I'll bet this one would !pop! out again were I exerting myself by dancing, or other joyous activity... I'd totally wear this one whilst gallivanting. It'd also, I'm thinking, be a good room scent.

Originally posted to my LiveJournal 16 May 2006.

Beautiful! Morocco is a very airy oil. There isn't one single scent that weighs this down. The sandalwood is usually stronger on my skin but this is very light which I think is due to the musk. The cassia gives this a sweeter, slightly spicy, woody scent. Just beautiful!! :P

bottle:

sandalwood and vanilla

wet:

sandalwood, something creamy, hint of spices -yum!!

dry:

same - loving it!!!

overall:

LOVE it!

rating: 9/10 (will most likely become a 10, after i try it once more)

This is a very subtle blend – in the vial, it’s like a breath of vanilla-like musk with a touch of spice; soothing, cool and gentle. On my skin, it is still so soft, a fragrance that is barley there, though it does warm up and becomes a little more obvious over time; the spice is very subtle and runs sweetly through the scent to make it rounded. As time goes on, it doesn’t morph on me... instead it becomes softer and gentler over time.

This is beautiful when mixed with Smut – the Morocco’s sweet musk scent overcomes Smut’s patchouli smell, and it’s a lovely vanilla-musk fragrance.

One of my friends noted that it smells like one of the spice stalls in Morocco. :P

Edited by kunoichi

On me Morocco is a real vanilla bean sort of vanilla and smells divine, it's like putting a few pods into some milk and heating it to make real egg custard or home made icecream. It's so comforting, like being wrapped in a snuggly blanket with a loved one and cuddling. In the imp it smelled a tiny bit gritty but even just wearing it while typing this (it has taken longer than it should as I keep stopping to sniff) it is getting creamier and creamier. 100% yummy.

I don't find it an overly strong scent, it's definately a skin hugger. It brings to mind a line from a Nick Cave song; "breathing milky white air from deep in her throat" I noticed it was slightly more spicy when I applied it in my hair and a very faint pinky tinge when on the skin. All in all I love it and although it didn't seem to last overly long, I think it was mainly the throw didnt last all that long, but I did have my hair tied back for most of the day which takes away all the turning of the hear hair wafts, I didn't mind reapplying every now and then, I think about three times over the day.

Morocco is love at first sniff. It’s simultaneously sweet and spicy, floral and musky. It’s strongest when first applied, and after it dries, it definitely mellows, but that’s when the warm, dry scent of the sandalwood becomes noticeable and smooths out some of the spiciness, making the scent more subtle than it is initially. This is an amazing scent, and as with most BPAL sandalwood scents, it lasts and lasts on my wrists – including through several hand-washes. The throw is light to moderate, although initially it’s very strong due to the spices. This is gorgeous. I’m going to make sure this imp doesn’t slip through my hands. I’m keeping it all for myself!

Morocco

I was expecting something more oriental and spicy, not this creamy and foody. Morocco has the creaminess of a lot of AvaLuxe scents, actually. It reminds me of ice cream, yet it's a warm scent rather than a cool one. A vaguely oriental ice cream dessert with perhaps pistachio, almonds, cinnamon, cardamom and rose water. Only hints of it though, the dominating note is the creamy vanilla ice cream. It's nice enough but I don't know if it's a keeper, I was expecting something much more exotic...

Oh yes, yes, yes. This is a perfect sweet spice MUSK- I'm in love!

I was weary at first because cassia was in the description and my skin hates cassia.. but there must not be a heavy concentration of it in this blend. No crazy redness here! As it dries down the carnation and sandalwood become more prominent... still lovely.

Bottle worthy? Hell ya.

this imp was a victim of a small spillage incident, so sniffing it doesn't tell me much...

on skin, first i get the insta-plastic BPAL vanilla thing that i get sometimes.... but that quickly changes to.... Dial soap and baby powder. and a migraine. :P

This reminds me so much of Antique Lace. It's probably only the vanilla that is similar and it has been a few weeks since I tried the other, but they are very similar on me. I mostly smell the vanilla with a hint of spicy carnation and the musk adds more creaminess. It is not very spicy on me because cassia tends to just read earthy on my skin. The sandalwood with the cassia lends a warmth to Morocco. I really love this even though I was imagining something completely different.