Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Dracoo9

Tiki Queen

Monoi de Tahiti, vanilla, white coconut, tuberose, ylang ylang, white musk, red hibiscus, and neroli.

Tropical flowers and fruits. :P Excellent in a scent locket!

I was worried this would be an overwhelming floral like Pele turned out to be for me, but it's actually quite creamy and soft, and very pretty. Definitely floral, and nothing I would buy a bottle of, but I don't have to scrub it off or anything. Anyone who loves florals will probably love this blend.

bottle: this smells just like candy. spree or nerds of any of those fruity candies. :P

wet: no! this smells exactly like gummi worms! that's it! this is gummi worms in a bottle!

dry: this has a slightly floral drydown but it is still mostly candies on me. i love, love, love this scent.

A flirty, heady, happy fruity floral. It really smooths out after it dries down a little bit, and it's yummy. It smells like drinking tropical mixed drinks with gorgeous, lush blooms bursting out everywhere. It starts out a little candy-ish, but after a minute or two it just blossoms into fantabulasticness.

Love it! Absolutely appropriate, a summer scent that everyone should try!!

4.7 out of 5

Tiki Queen is really very light and lovely. A flirtatious summer breeze.

I expected it to be very rich and lush, maybe even a little too lush.. but it isn't at all.

For a little while on my skin the tuberose threatens to overwhelm everything, ... it is just slightly too strong for a very brief while, then it settles down and blends in.

I expected something soooooooo different, although reading the reviews again I'm not sure why.

I thought Tiki Queen would be heavy and lush and damp and overwhelmingly floral. A tropical goddess. But instead she's a perky hula dancer - as per the bottle art - almost a cheerleader.

This is sweet and happy and very very delicious. I get just a hint of vanilla and coconut, two notes which often go terribly wrong on my skin. I get lots of tuberose what must be red hibiscus. White musk is always good on me, and it's definitely a star player in this blend.

I'm frequently mocking myself for complaining that this-or-that incense blend has no floral in it. With Tiki Queen I have to mock myself the opposite direction -- I can smell the "hole" where I want the incense to be.

I'm definitely keeping my bottle - as others have said this is a perfect summer blend. But I might try layering it with a few things (my first attempt) to fill the hole.

Best,

Tzi

In the bottle: At first this reminded me strongly of Vasakasajja. I totally get the sweettarts comparison that others are making. It's very fruit punch, which makes it also similar to Fae and Spiked Punch. But it's brighter than those two, lighter like powdered sugar.

Wet: Sweet candy and gentle uplifting florals. Very tropical and lovely.

Drydown: Same. The florals and fruits blend very nicely so it is hard to distinguish between them. This is one of those BPALs that could be a gateway fragrance for those who need enabling. I can see why it is such a hit. I will be reaching for this during the summer.

In vial: sweet, pale, fruity, floral.

Wet on skin: tropical, fruity, pale and sweet. It reminds me of a conventional perfume, but I'm not sure which one.

Dry on skin: the musk is faint, tropical flowers and coconut dominate, but it's beautifully blended. Not quite me, but very pretty. In the morning I can still smell it on my T-shirt (although not on my skin) and it's lovely - cool and sweet and summery!

At first sniff Tiki Queen is definitely candy sweet, totally like Sweet Tarts in fact, but after it begins to warm up the tropical florals begin to show up. I'm definitely getting the neroli just giving the sweetness a bite. The vanilla is sweet and musky and gives the whole thing a rounder feel. Tiki Queen is tropical and summery and so fun. I'm absolutely thrilled with her! I'm wearing it at work and if I close my eyes I can briefly feel like I'm on vacation on some tropical island.

In the bottle I got a lot of yland ylang, red hibiscus, and some sweetness from the coconut. I had been hoping for more coconut and some vanilla in there, but it still smelled like a very good coconut-y floral.

On me: Bubbelicious tropical bubblegum. I guess it's not bad, and I'm sure if I was 13 I would love to smell like that, but no. Unfortunately we didn't get along.

I ordered Tiki Queen on an impulse, and I could not be more pleased with it. Sometimes I have a hard time finding florals that are substantial enough to be smelled, but not too overpowering. Tiki Queen is heady and lush, but without being garish. The "SweeTart effect" is there in the beginning, but quickly disappears as the scent develops on me. Out of the flowers in this, I can smell the tuberose the best, followed by hibiscus. Tiki Queen is definitely one of the best BPAL scents I've gotten to try this year -- it's not to be missed.

4.5/5

I am so freaking lucky! I completely passed this one up... thankfully curiosity won the best of me and I managed to score a bottle.

Boy oh boy, this is lovely! :P Definitely not coconut or vanilla. I can detect monoi de tahiti as the most prevalent note. Its floral but complex, its also exotic. The throw is super strong, I actually have to wear just a dab and I smell it all day long.

Overall I'm very happy I managed to get my hands on the Queen :D

Tiki Queen

In the bottle: floral sweetness. I smell monoi, but there’s also a smell like lotus in here.

Wet on skin: ohh, glorious tropical blooms!

Dry on skin: wow, this is beautiful! With every sniff, it’s like I’m transported to Tahiti. It’s mainly the sweet heady scent of monoi, as well as a scent like that of frangipani flowers. The whole scent has a candied sweetness to it very reminiscent of lotus, that sweetness boosted by vanilla. I also smell what could be the neroli, a slight orange tang. There’s a hint of creamy coconut, like a coconut meat or milk scent. I do smell something slightly bittersweet underneath, maybe the ylang-ylang, but overall this is the ultimate tropical floral scent.

After a while: mmm, this gets even nicer. I thought the ylang would turn all sharp and chemical but it didn’t, and the scent has become mellower and softer, it’s a wonderful voluptuous petal scent. It now smells of pure monoi, the perfect gardenia scent. Decadent yet summery. This scent is sultry and sexy, feminine and so beautiful…this is what I wanted to get from other gardenia and island flower scents. I think I smell hints of tuberose and coconut around the edges but it’s mainly the scent of garlands of gardenia and frangipani and tanned skin rubbed with monoi.

The scent then turns to a pure but glorious gardenia. From start to finish, it gives off throw like nobody’s business. It’s a powerful but gorgeous floral! In fact, now this smells very much like my Geodesis Tiare candle (and it’s a very, very good quality candle, I love the way it smells).

Verdict: finally, the tropical scent of my dreams has come, in the form of the luscious and beautiful Tiki Queen! A scent bursting with monoi, a note I’ve always wanted to smell in BPAL. The gardenia in here broadcasts herself to the world, with a scent that speaks of summer and exotic island getaways. The other florals support the monoi whilst the coconut and vanilla add a creamy smooth base to the whole scent, but really and truly, the monoi is the queen (ha ha!) of this blend. This is the epitome of the Pacific island floral scent. It’s what I wanted the likes of Pele and Hi’iaka to be. When I wear it, it can be raining and cold outside but my skin exudes the scent of sunshine, white beaches, blue seas, grass skirts, leis, waving palm trees, sipping coconut water straight from the coconut, and total tropical bliss. The winner of the Luau collection!

Emoticon rating: :P

Is it a keeper? Yes-two bottles. This is everything I’ve wanted in a monoi scent.

If you like this, try: Euphrosyne, Forbidden Fruit, Ecstasy of St Theresa, Hony Mone, Marae

The first time I tried this I thought it was ok, but I began to crave (for lack of a better word) the smell of this scent and now I love it and want a bottle which I can't find.

Smells like vanilla bubblegum at first on me and then morphs into a butter coconut that leaves me with the *impression* of pineapple. I hope this makes sense, its difficult to describe what this fragrance does for me. All I know is I enjoy smelling it.

ADDED Aug. 18:

In Vial: Yummy fruit with almost a hint of butterscotch

Wet: Mmm. this is good in a light foody sort of way. I smell the coconut and vanilla. This isvery smooth.

Dry: Even though there is no pineapple in this, there is the hint of it. This gets less foody as it dries. It is a playful scent but for grown-up fun!

I've never smelled Cheshire Moon, so I can't compare it to that, but this does remind me a lot of Monster Bait: Bloody Mary. Fruity and bright. It isn't at all what I imagined it to be. Maybe because it doesn't really smell tropical, and I was expecting that? Not sure. At least it doesn't bite my sinuses like the King!

Yummy! This is sweet-tarts and cherry kool-aid. It's like Midwinter's Eve + sugar + monoi flowers. Love this!!

I really prefer the tropical-type scents, and this? Is perfect. It's what I've been looking for. Ahem. As everyone else had already said, it's a fruity floral with a yummy candy center. However, despite that, there's nothing cloying or too much about it. The neroli (I think) gives it a little citrus zip. The thing that confuses me though, is that it really smells very like plumeria to me, despite no plumeria note being listed.

So: sweet tropical, not too sweet, not heavy, and excellent wear. This is terrific.

In the bottle – It’s difficult to actually put my finger on it. Sweet, powdery red berries (and yes I know that bears no relation to the listed notes)

Wet on me – There remains a soft, sweet pinkness now with what I would have said was anise

Dry on me – For the most part it’s a lovely soft candied petal scent, but for about 2 hours in the middle it becomes really acrid ashes

Overall – Another blend ruined for me by the ash affect on my skin

Bottle: Sweet Sweet Sweet and Tropical Florals

Wet: The tropical florals are right up front and still very sweet with the vanilla and the ylang ylang rounding it out

Dry: This one doesn’t morph much on me, sweet white tropical florals, no coconut, very light, very feminine, and fades pretty quickly on me.

This is a very fun summer perfume, sweet girly tropical. My only wish is that the coconut were more prevalent, but I think this will be great during the hot days of summer.

Oooh, very pretty. This blend is exactly what I expected from alot of the other caribbean blends. It's floral, without being too much, and it's sweet without being cloying or too heavy on the rum. Really pretty

This is a beautiful soft tropical floral blend; I love it! Too bad I joined a decant circle at the end of Atomic Luau Lounge's Run, and missed being able to order it. Beth, you have to extend the run if you know it takes a month just to ship! Some of us are slower to make up our minds (especially with a $27+ price tag). The mosquitos like this one, too, as one sacrificed itself to get closer to this sweet blend, so don't wear at dawn or dusk outside. I suppose I'll be able to acquire a bottle in the next year or two somehow. *sigh*

I so nearly passed on ordering this one as the florals were scaring me.... But i am sooooooo glad that i didn't! Gorgeous and sweet but also soft and not too typical floral at all. My Bf loves this scent, he says it smells like something from his childhood that he can't pick. Stays very true to bottle scent for me and never goes tangy or sharp at all. Gorgeous, but not as lovely as her man.....

In the bottle: SWEET. CANDY. WOAH.

Wet: Wow. Bubblegum. I can only guess it's the hibiscus. I repeat - wow. Ok, after several minutes the 50 LB BAG OF SUGAR TO THE HEAD has settled down and I can smell some other notes - neroli, monoi, hints of coconut and vanilla. After a bit, the sweetness feels like it's coming from the ylang ylang, and some white musk lurks in the background.

Dry: This continues to calm down into something wearable - sweet and feminine and tropical. I... don't know if I'll be keeping the Queen, as I feel like I'm going into a diabetic coma when I wear her.

There's an unwanted guest crashing this party and her name is tuberose. Tuberose, if you don't know her, smells like a white floral version of rancid corn. (She's not to be confused with rose, who is a good friend of mine most of the time.) If tuberose isn't kept in check, she'll run around being loud and obnoxious and won't let anyone else get a word in edgewise.

It's all about YOU, isn't it, tuberose? You couldn't sit back and let me enjoy a nice sweet tropical floral, just this once; you had to jump around waving your arms and yelling "Hey! Look at me!". As usual.

Sigh. I really wanted to hang out with my friends coconut, white musk, vanilla and neroli.