Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Dracoo9

Tiki Queen

Monoi de Tahiti, vanilla, white coconut, tuberose, ylang ylang, white musk, red hibiscus, and neroli.

the gardenia and hibiscus are most noticeable when i first apply it. these pretty tropical blooms are intensely sweetened by the vanilla and a touch of coconut (if you don’t like coconut, don’t worry, it’s very light). the orange-scented neroli adds vibrancy and cheer. a fun, energetic summertime scent – sweet, tart, floral and citrusy. and yes, agreeing with other reviewers, it does smell like Sweet Tarts! :P

In the imp: Flowers and...pixy stix?

Wet: Still flowers and pixy stix. What a strange combination, but it works so far.

Drydown: The candy scent has completely faded out, and left a bouquet of tropical flowers behind. I don't get any coconut or vanilla, just pure, fresh florals. It's not my usual style, but it's pretty and I can see myself wearing it out often. Good throw and wearlength.

This is so much more candy-like than I expected! I love the sweet blends and Tiki Queen is just that. Very, very sweet. I thought that the tropical blooms would be more prominent but I get lots of coconut and vanilla mingling with ylang ylang. It's very lush at the same time and has a delicate quality to it. I'm not a huge fan of neroli so luckily it is staying in the background. I put this on about 3 hours ago and it is still going strong. The last time I wore it, it lasted something like 10 hours. I knew I would like this one when I read the notes and I was right! Great bottle artwork as well.

Well, I guess I got sucked in by the tahiti de monoi, coconut, vanilla, and the musk. Sadly, the gardenia takes over everything. Yes, it is very tropical, but not for me.

This starts out smelling like sweetarts in my imp.

Drydown: :P Coconut and florals :D

Completely dry: Strong tropical flowers....not my thing this imp is off to the swaps.

Oh wow, I love this!

In the bottle it was a sweet, fruity, almost candy/bubblegum scent.

On my skin it blends into this beautiful, lush tropical scent. Finally, a blend where the ylang ylang doesn't take over! It isn't too floral, with just the right about of fruitiness, and as it dries something a bit green keeps this from going to sweet.

In my locket it is delicious, but in a completely different way. It is brighter and more fruity and just a bit more bubblegum smelling.

I absolutely LOVE it! Now I just need to track down more!

:P

Hawaiian flowers with an undertone of coconutty. It's got a definite fruity aspect to it. Really interesting and complicated.

Fruity and ultra sweet. It is very light on my skin but strong and it lasted all day. It does smell candy like, I couldn't pick out anything too distinct, it just blended into tropical sugar on my skin. Very fun, but not quite what I expected.

Very fruity and summerish. Unfortunately, I cannot smell any coconut in there.

For some reason, I would label it "romantic".

I like it well enough but I'm not head over heels.

Tiki Queen is a sweet, very light floral on me with a bit of coconut mixed in. It's not an overpowering scent, very subtle, but long lasting and tends to amp periodically throughout the day. It was a very light, refreshing scent to wear to work. :P

In the bottle and wet: Cherry lifesavers! Red lollipops!

Dry: Dries to floral- the candy is gone but it retains a hint of sweetness.

Very strong!!

It's rare for me to like jasmine. I do sometimes. I love Oneiroi. But gardenia and jasmine are two notes that have unfortunate scent associations for me. Tiki Queen smelled lovely for the first minute, and my heart began to beat fast, thinking it was one of the exceptions-to-the-rule jasmine blends. Then it moved to a gardenia/jasmine phase, so it is not a keeper for me. I think it's a pretty blend, feminine, floral, and fun--just not for me.

First sniff: Tropical paradise! Creamy coconut, sweet flowers, bright fruits, soft musk. Absolutely drop-dead gorgeous.

Wearing: Huge bright tropical blossoms and just a hint of coconut (weird, because coconut usually stands out on my skin). It starts out very sunny and bright and just shy of being headachey-sweet, and dries into a beautiful creamy soft sweetness. Fantastic.

Wet: Warm tropical flowers!

First on: Unchanged first on.

Dry: Unchanged dry, even. Surprisingly, ylang ylang is not turning sour on me.

You guys, I think I've found The One.

Oh my God.

This is going to push something out of my all time top ten.

How good IS Tiki Queen you ask? So good that if I still had the option of buying this, I would buy two bottles. Maybe even three. And I've never bought multiple bottles of anything, ever. Even my favorite BPALs. The way I feel about Tiki Queen is the way most people feel about Snake Charmer.

Now let's get to the actual scent description:

This is the PERFECT tropical scent. A beautiful mix of creamy sweet florals with light, fizzy pinapple and cocoanut. MMMMMM. I feel transported to Tahiti or some tropical island get away. It's light and airy, and when I put it on, it feels like the equivalent of a silk scarf. Not heavy or overwhelming, and perfect for spring and early summer. The heady tuberose gives way to a pineapple-y cocoanut touched with hibiscus. I'm going to hoard and hoard this and never let go. There is nothing else to compare it to in the BPAL catalogue. It is utterly unique.

A+ :yum: :wub2:

Edited by Hava

So, I've had this scent since it was released, I've just been slacking on reviews.. When I first opened it to get the "from the bottle" notes my first thought was "oooh, I'd forgotten how good this is."

In the bottle, it's a very sweet somewhat floral scent.

On my skin.. it's hard to place! It's sweet but a little tart, fruity in a way, with a hint of floral background. I can't pick out any of the individual notes, but this blend works so well on me. A very tropical, summertime scent. (Thalassa and Thunder Moon had a rival for my attention last summer!)

Although I would say it's sweet with a tart edge, I don't think they smell exactly like sweet tarts.. (that's Bloody Mary, for me) but there is a candy like quality about this scent.

Oh Tiki Queen, how have I not reviewed thee? I love love LOVE the scent of monoi oil so I was willing to try this out despite the presence of the evil ylang ylang, usually a deal-breaking note for me because it really gives me a headache. And I am glad I took the leap because blend is SO amazing. A bit fruity and a bit floral at the same time, and DEAD sexy, like heady tropical heat. Yum! :wub2: And no pain in my brain!

Edited by Leopard403

Tiki Queen

Wet, this has a bit of a funky note under the florals. I don't know what it is, but I blame the ylang ylang. Luckily, that lasts for only a minute or so, and the hibiscus steps forward. OMG, hibiscus + vanilla = LOVE. As others have said, this is similar to Cheshire Moon--I think they share or have a similar vanilla note--but Tiki Queen is floral, instead of Cheshire Moon's foody. Beautiful!!

I was going out on a limb with this one since I'm not big on florals, but I'm a sucker who'll try anything with musk in it. Anything <sigh>. Very sweet and feminine floral. Pretty with light throw, but completely not my cup of tea. Worth a try!

I received a frimp of this in a recent swap.

First of all, I totally thought that Tiki Queen and I wouldn't get along. I didn't order it when it came out, cause I am usually a dark scary scent type of gal. But this? This is so good!!

Once applied, I get thick and fruity waft with bits of Hawaiian florals stuffed in it.

Once it dries down, I am getting a sharper floral, however it is tempered down by a certain candy sweet floral note(thank goodness). If it weren't for that candy sweet flower poking around, I probably wouldn't like this as much as I do. I wonder if it's the hibiscus? I know it's not the tuberose! Tuberose and I don't really like each other.

Overall, I'm actually enjoying this one!! I wouldn't swing for a bottle, but I will treasure my decant!! :D

Vanilla, coconut and white musk are primary in the bottle, with the hibiscus and neroli at the base. Very fruity and tropical. On my skin this becomes a little bit sharper with the ylang ylang and white musk coming to the fore with the vanilla/coconut base. After the dry-down, this has mellowed some. It was originally a little bit too tropical fruity candle, but it has morphed into this gorgeous vanilla coconut floral that is a little bit dry to keep it elegant. I can see why this was such a big winner when it came out and is hard to find now!

Leo had this right on one. First, how have I not reviewed this scent? I love it. Second, it is like heady tropical heat. :smilenod:

I can understand where the screams of OMG CANDY come from. The hibiscus in this is the main star and can really be sweet or sour based on your skin chemistry. On mine, she happens to be just right. A very heady floral that is a bit sharp when first applied, the blend calms down a bit into the drydown. The edges that hibiscus can have are smoothed out considerably with the additions of the other florals (even though I really can't pick them out individually...hibiscus is still main stage). The vanilla, musk and coconut are minor players yet they deepen and round out the blend on me...bringing a creamy, tropicalness to it without the addition of more florals.

And it's gotten better since I originally purchased from the Lab. I'm so glad I got a bottle and it will be one that I treasure.

Edited by saralaughs

I found a bottle on the LJ BPAL Sin and Salvation forum. I couldn't afford a bottle when the Tiki Lounge set was live. Oh well. I have one now! I love tropical florals and this is a beautiful, very SWEET, creamy white floral. It is VERY like Euphrosyne. The vanilla, Monoi and tuberose come up strongly on me.

If you like Pele and/or Euphrosyne you will like Tiki Queen.

Very sweet tropical floral. Pretty... on someone else. Unfortunately this is one of the ones that has that weird artificial plastic smell when it's on my skin. It's all right -- I have Vasakasajja for my favorite tropical floral, and that one smells amazing on me.