Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
TheIceMaiden

Beaver Moon 2007

Traditionally, Beaver Moon is named thus for a very obvious reason: during this time of year, beavers are hard at work building their dams and preparing for the onset of winter. However, we at BPAL rarely let an opportunity for sleazy campiness pass us by! For your pleasure and amusement, we present this year's incarnation of Beaver Moon: wild cherry with vanilla cream accord, and a hint of strawberry.

I tried Beaver Moon at the lab, and it turned wonderful vanilla accord fruity goodness on me. So, after waiting one month, I went back to the lab, bought a bottle, and................... vanilla accord, but no fruit. Kinda disappointing, but i'll give it a little while to age to see if it brings the fruit elements out.

Beaver Moon '07 is my first Bpal scent--literally. I was lucky enough to have some generous forumite send me an imp in exchange for another company's products, and it was love at first application. Beaver Moon is the perfect scent for a foody girl like me. Unfortunately, it isn't readily available--thank goodness there are those willing to share (sell and swap). I have managed to stockpile 2 bottles of the amazing scent. I hope to one day have the opportunity to purchase it in mass quantity--hopefully there will be another Beaver Moon in my lifetime. :P

Wet: Cherry and vanilla cake

Dry: Yummy cherry, strawberry cake goodness

This is by far my favorite Bpal scent--to date...

this is very cakey on me and i've come to figure out that cake isn't too good on me most of the time. i mostly smell vanilla cake but i can also smell a tiny hint of cherry. it's really not for me.

This is one of my favorite foody scents! I was lucky enough to snag a bottle here on the forum and I love it!

I was a little worried at first because the fruit notes have a rubbing alcohol tinge to them in the bottle, but it disappears after applying and turns into a lovely strawberry vanilla scent. It has a fairly subtle throw but the scent lasts for a pretty long time.

A vanilla that loves me! This is a foody lover's dream scent.

Sweet and very creamy vanilla cake with wild cherry and strawberry.

Unlike Beaver Moon '05, BM'07 lasts all day and all night on my skin.

The throw is wonderful and longlasting. The wild cherry mingled

with strawberry is delectible and sooo yummy.

I am very thankful that I had the good sense to order a few bottles of this when it was live. :P

The cream goes sour on me and my skin eats the cherry and disappears. So...it smells like my fridge when I haven't cleaned it out in a while. Not so good for me!

In the imp: Ick! I can't detect cherry, vanilla or strawberry at all. Are they sure this one wasn't mislabled? I hope it hasn't turned. :D

Wet: Okay, it's changing. No longer the musky, heady scent in the imp, it's definitely lightening into something I'm not quite sure about yet. But it's a heckuva lot better than what it was smelling like.

Drydown: Ooo, yum. I defintely can smell the wild cherry now and the vanilla mixes nicely with it, keeping it in check. I can't make out the strawberry yet, but I'm hoping this one will keep morphing and my sweet little friend will come out to play soon.

Overall: The strawberry emerges at the end of what was a fantastic olfactory ride. I love this scent. It's sweet and fragrant and makes me wish I could gnaw at my wrists. :P It's too bad I wasn't into BPAL at the time of its release, otherwise there would be a 5ml in my cabinet right now.

Cherries plus foody cake just doesn't do it for me. As with MB Bloody Mary, a total fail, although this one is a little less sweet.

In The Bottle

Sweet and cakey with a slight sour note. Cheescake, indeed

On Application

A kind os smokey, almond sweetness

Dry Down

I really expected to like this, but I don't. Kind of plasticy and sweet.

Rating (0-5)

Well, let me just start by saying, "Nom nom nom nom!"

I am a total foody fragrance person, but oftentimes cupcake and cheesecake type scents just end up being way too sickly sweet for me. Not Beaver Moon. This baby is blended to perfection, perfectly captures frosted cupcakes and cherry cheesecake in the most delectable, gourmand, and least artificial way possible. This is absolutely orgasmic! It makes me feel really girly and silly and happy. It doesn't morph very much, though, and stays its course for hour after hour of continuous wear. It has medium to light throw and is a definite keeper! The only problem is that it makes me hungry! :yum:

1-5 rating: 5

Oh, The blast of sugared cherry when the blend kisses the skin is just sublime! And I don`t even love the cherry note ususally but this is a playful one! On the drydown the cherry stays in the background and the graham cracker cheesecake makes its appearance in all its beauty! And a little strawberry note follows too, This is glorious!

In the bottle: Very pale yellow oil. Cherry! It does smell a bit different from straight cherry, a cross between it and black cherry, sort of, with a slightly bitter edge. I get the cream (lightly), but not any vanilla, or strawberry.

Wet: More like cherry candy or cough syrup, though not sweet. This is a surprisingly NOT sweet scent. Reminds be a bit of the cherry note in Neo-Tokyo. This feels almost aquatic, almost soapy even. Less creamy.

Dry: The cherry is going sort of sharp and medicinal, and on the whole this is fading before it even really dries. I get maybe a hint of vanilla, but this still isn't sweet. Still no strawberry.

Later: Definitely the same cherry note from Neo-Tokyo. This has taken on a delightful tartness, too, and gone a bit floral/perfumey in a delicate way. Softly, sweetly creamy.

Summary: Tart, slightly bitter, juicy cherry, light cream, a very well-behaved skin-hugged vanilla, and faint white florals. Distantly, a hint of plasticky wild strawberry. Airy and soft, almost fluffy.

I like it much, much more than I expected. It'd be bottleworthy without the strawberry. Sadly after a few hours it reminds me way too much of Strawberry Moon.

In the bottle it's all cherry and vanilla.

Wet on my skin it's exactly the same, delicious vanilla cherry. Sweet, but not overpowering. It reminds me of Bloody Mary, without the tang that scent has. Even after a few hours the scent stays true and strong.

Beaver Moon 2007

Whoa. As a devotee to the original Beaver Moon, this caught me off guard. The vanilla cream is very loud initally, and is walking that line between beautiful and plastic. It calms down into a cherry-vanilla that reminds me of Velvet Unicorn. Cute and sweet!

I'm going through my boxes of BPAL and reviewing any scents I haven't (for future refrence and all that...)

Beaver Moon 2007 is a perfect strawberries and cream scent. To me, this is the non-spicy version of "Floating brains".

The strawberry in this is soft, sweet and doesn't go on like nail polish remover. I cream note it's paired with isn't overly sweet at all. This is just a really fun, delicious scent. it sort of reminds me of what my Strawberry Shortcake doll was supposed to smell like as a kid (if it didn't have that weird plastic dolly overtone).

I'm so happy I've got a bottle of this. I actually forgot about it for such a long time (it's been stored away for a while now). I need to start getting some use out of this bottle!

I actually prefer this one to the 2005 version of Beaver Moon. This version agrees with my skin a bit more (actually, this stuff LOVES my skin :yum: )

In the bottle, this is fantastic vanilla cream and strawberry; I can't stop picking up the bottle and sniffing it! :D It's strong, too. On application, it actually doesn't change very much at all on me, which I was thankful for. Vanilla, cherry, and strawberry, exactly what it says on the tin. XD The only surprise, in fact, was that it was so long-lasting and with such good throw, which tends not to be the case for me with vanilla scents. A pleasant surprise indeed! I've never tried the 2005 version of this scent, but I'm a convert to this version for life. One of my very favorites and one of the only scents I'd stockpile bottles of if I had the means. I would love to try this as a room scent, I just can't get enough of it.

In bottle: Strawberry cheesecake! :D

On my skin, there's a sting of sharp strawberry and cherry, and the cakey smell hovers around in the background. Only need a small amount with this one! The throw is incredible!

After a while, I'm just left with a syrupy strawberry scent. Yum!

Well, foody scents aren't really my thing, but I got this as a sniffie from a forumite and had to review it :D

In the bottle, Beaver Moon is rather sharp. There's less cream and more berry. It kind of reminds me of Bewitched in a way.

On my skin it smells like... Lifesavers Creme Savers. Raspberry ones. I used to love those when I was younger, and the smell definitely brings me back. The berry scent in this doesn't really strike me as strawberry or cherry, it's more of a generic red berry scent.

The scent lasts awhile, and fades into a delicate creamy berry.

I liked it, I guess. I'm sure I'd like it more if I had a thing for foody scents, but since I don't, this is rather wasted on me. But it's a good scent, it doesn't go all weird on my skin the way so many others do. I suppose it's for the best that I didn't love it, since it would be a bit of a pain to get a bottle of this :D

Just got a decant of this today, eager to try it out. In the decant, this smells really similar to I Fell In Love With a Floating Brain; cake and citrus. On my skin, it's a cross between Cake Smash and I Fell In Love; spicy citrus cake.

Frankly, I already have both Cake Smash and I Fell in Love With a Floating Brain, and they're better scents. Though I may try blending the two, just to see what happens. Swaps/sales.

I expected to like this, seeing how I like foody scents. Berries and vanilla, how could it go wrong? However this was not what I was hoping for.

In the bottle it smells of vanilla and cherry, not bad.

On my skin it takes on a tangy, sour, plasticky cheesecake scent with strawberries. The cherry disappeared.

I'm not wanting to smell like plastic cheesecake. Pass.

Ooh, this is different from the last Beaver Moon! It's got the butterscotchy caramel smell mixed with a deep berry scent, almost like strawberry fudge! On my skin, this becomes a sweet, juicy caramel; a lot smoother than the scent from the vial, and somewhat lighter with a lovely sweetness. After a few hours, it turns into a sweet strawberry sugar on my skin... very different from the original, but still nice none the less.

Bottle: SWEET. Artificial pink buttercream.

Wet on skin: vanilla cupcake and pink buttercream.

Drydown: smooth vanilla cupcake, strawberry pink buttercream, a hint of caramel. Yummy! A keeper! Something to dab on when you're on a diet but need some sugar, it'll take care of the craving for you :3

I loooooved Beaver Moon 05, and I got a decant of this a long time ago, tried it, and said, "Bleah! Not at all like Beaver Moon! Patooey!" Turned up my nose and threw the decant in the back of my imp box. Haven't worn it since.

I'm going through my imp box now trying to get it sorted, and I half-heartedly decided to try this one again. The only thing I remembered about it was that it had cherry in it, and I assumed that I hadn't liked it two years ago because it smelled like cherry cough syrup or something.

Imagine my surprise when I smelled it. It smells very close to Velvet Unicorn on me, which is one of my A++++ favorites of this year. What the hell was I thinking two years ago? Being a dork, I guess, as usual.

This is all creamy and soft and pink and beautiful. It's a totally adorable scent, and I love it. Yeah, it's nothing at all like Beaver Moon 05, but it's fab in its own right. If I didn't already have a bottle of Velvet Unicorn I'd be trying to hunt down a bottle of this asap.

This one turned into cherries and cream with a hint of cake. The vanilla sometimes has a bit of the Plastic Doom note that ruins so many vanillas for me, but the sweetness of the cherry seems to keep it from completely turning plastic. Lasts about four hours. May be best utilized in scent locket on me.

in the bottle: chocolate. maybe a hint of cherry. mostly chocolate like. very foody. not liking this at all.

wet: pastry. lots of sweet flaky pastry. not as fruity though, but creamy.

dry: sugary, slightly musky, creamy, pastry. it's not as foody when dry as it was wet though.

beaver moon has always fascinated me and i'm glad that i tried it, but it's way too foody for me.