Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Nymph87

What do bottles and labels look like?

Hmm, that's really odd. My recent order contained a 5ml of Tzadikim Nistarim. And it came in a blue bottle! It also had an old papery label which makes me wonder if it's an older bottle from a batch of TN that was mixed ages ago?

Last night I noticed my bottle of TKO has an old style paper label. The bottle itself is amber. But since TKO is a new blend, maybe it means they ran out of the plastic coated label paper for a while and that's why your bottle had a paper label too? Does that make sense?

I know a lot of blue ones that I got were arriving with broken lips...I think that's about when they switched to amber, they seem to be of better quality. Over the years I've had a few blue ones arrive with chipped lips or crunched caps, but the amber ones are always fine.

yup....what sarada sez...

i had a few orders when the lab used the blue bottles...a few of them cracked/broke so that is why they are using the amber :P

I would be really grateful if someone could post pictures of the labels of this year's All Saints, Devil's Night and Samhainophobia, which are the only Halloweenies I haven't ordered yet. I wasn't in love with All Saints or Devil's Night last year, and Samhainophobia doesn't sound like it's for me, but I might yet order them all to complete the trippy witch collection.

And if you own these babies but don't have a digital camera, could you just please describe the labels for me? :P

I would be really grateful if someone could post pictures of the labels of this year's All Saints, Devil's Night and Samhainophobia, which are the only Halloweenies I haven't ordered yet. I wasn't in love with All Saints or Devil's Night last year, and Samhainophobia doesn't sound like it's for me, but I might yet order them all to complete the trippy witch collection.

And if you own these babies but don't have a digital camera, could you just please describe the labels for me? :P

There is a photo of All Saints, Devil's Night and Samhainophobia (just those three in a same picture!) in the Community Gallery.

The labels are so adorable! :D I love especially Samhainophobia's label, I can't wait to get a bottle of my own.

And if you own these babies but don't have a digital camera, could you just please describe the labels for me? :D

There is a photo of All Saints, Devil's Night and Samhainophobia (just those three in a same picture!) in the Community Gallery.

The labels are so adorable! :D I love especially Samhainophobia's label, I can't wait to get a bottle of my own.

Thank you so much! But... where is the Community Gallery? :P

I use the Just Ask Alice skin and the Community Gallery link is on the lefthand side in the bar at the top of screen. I imagine that in other skins it is with the Live Chat, Members' Blog, Swap Feedback etc....

I use the Just Ask Alice skin and the Community Gallery link is on the lefthand side in the bar at the top of screen. I imagine that in other skins it is with the Live Chat, Members' Blog, Swap Feedback etc....

Thank you so much, I found it!

So, I see that Samhainophobia is the only one of the three with no witch on the label. This suits me perfectly, I'll just order All Saints and Devil's Night to complete my Nine Crone Collection! :P

I'm sad about the new bottle labels for both Halloween and the Yule blends. The labels for both from last year had the most beautiful pictures and I wanted something like that so bad this year! The pictures on the Halloween labels were tiny, and so similar...and now it appears that the Yule blends don't have pictures at all. So now the blends are more expensive and less attractive. For me, anyway. I hope they will go back to making the bottles the beautiful little pieces of art I loved so much.

Has anyone posted photos of the Hallowe'en or Yule labels yet? (Am I just being dense and missing the obvious somewhere?) If not, just to posting! I'm terribly curious. :D Eh heh, nevermind. I am indeed dense. :P

Edited by Aredhel

I'm sad about the new bottle labels for both Halloween and the Yule blends. The labels for both from last year had the most beautiful pictures .... I hope they will go back to making the bottles the beautiful little pieces of art I loved so much.

I understand where you are coming from, but the artist probably has a lot on her plate.

I'm sad about the new bottle labels for both Halloween and the Yule blends. The labels for both from last year had the most beautiful pictures .... I hope they will go back to making the bottles the beautiful little pieces of art I loved so much.

I understand where you are coming from, but the artist probably has a lot on her plate.

I think so too......with the next act of CD coming out and all......the first two acts had those beautiful works of art so I'm guessing that's where her focus lies right now......

I can't wait to see the 'freaks' btw! :P

Ok label experts.. I have a question..

Before the Ars Draconis line had the Dragon labels, did they have the regular GC ones? Reason I ask is my husband got a bottle of Dragon's Blood and a bottle of Dragon's Tears at the last Will Call.. well, the Dragon's Blood has the pretty dragon label while Dragon's Tears has the regular catalogue one.. :P

And yes, he noticed it before I did and whined that they didn't match... (I swear he's more a girl than I am sometimes) :D

Before the Ars Draconis line had the Dragon labels, did they have the regular GC ones? Reason I ask is my husband got a bottle of Dragon's Blood and a bottle of Dragon's Tears at the last Will Call.. well, the Dragon's Blood has the pretty dragon label while Dragon's Tears has the regular catalogue one.. :P

Every Ars Draconis bottle I saw (including bottles of Dragon's Tears and Dragon's Blood, before they turned on me, heh), before the new labels came about had regular, black/white labels. :D

Edited by Aredhel

I'm sad about the new bottle labels for both Halloween and the Yule blends. The labels for both from last year had the most beautiful pictures and I wanted something like that so bad this year! The pictures on the Halloween labels were tiny, and so similar...and now it appears that the Yule blends don't have pictures at all. So now the blends are more expensive and less attractive. For me, anyway. I hope they will go back to making the bottles the beautiful little pieces of art I loved so much.

I *love* the look of the Yule labels, from what I've seen in pictures. It looks very much in keeping with the aesthetic of the BPAL website, which is one of the things that drew me to the company in the first place. So I guess it's all a matter of taste.

I *LOVE* the new Yule labels, and the Halloween bottle labels were very 'old fashioned Halloween' which I adored. I think they fit the scents perfectly, and are very elegant.

I just saw the new Yule labels this weekend, although I haven't received my Yule scents yet - I think they're beautiful and understated, and I like seeing them as a consistent set since we've had such dramatic and varying artwork we've the CD series, the 2006 Lunacies, the Salon of course...

But of course, I do understand the disappointment of opening the box and anticipating new artwork, then not finding it. I'm guessing that the decision was made to go with the simple black and white design since Beth and Macha were both spread extremely thin the past few months, and they've done all the label art and design for the lab in the past.

I know Macha is capable of beautiful artwork and I'm sure if she had more time she could have produced amazing Yule label artwork, BUT the lab is so speedy now-a-days! Having fewer "pretty" labels doesn't bother me because it really makes you appreciate the special ones.

<snippity> BUT the lab is so speedy now-a-days! Having fewer "pretty" labels doesn't bother me because it really makes you appreciate the special ones.

My sentiments exactly!

Not sure where to post this. I would like to see the Pumpkin Queen label. Does anyone have a photo or know where to look to find a one? Thanks!

Hmm, that's really odd. My recent order contained a 5ml of Tzadikim Nistarim. And it came in a blue bottle! It also had an old papery label which makes me wonder if it's an older bottle from a batch of TN that was mixed ages ago?

Last night I noticed my bottle of TKO has an old style paper label. The bottle itself is amber. But since TKO is a new blend, maybe it means they ran out of the plastic coated label paper for a while and that's why your bottle had a paper label too? Does that make sense?

Or maybe they have a whole bunch of labels already printed up and instead of throwing them away they decided to use them. Ink is expensive. :P

Or maybe they have a whole bunch of labels already printed up and instead of throwing them away they decided to use them. Ink is expensive. :P

Actually I went back and checked and I thought my new bottle of TKO had the old paper style label but it does indeed have the new plastic coated style label. It's just not as slick or slippery as some of the others I have. I'm sure now that it's a coated label because I spilled a drop or two on the label by accident and the ink didn't smudge or smear. So I stand corrected.

I like the Yule labels. I think they are beautiful. I remember when all the labels were basically the same, and I was happy to receive them them as well. I'm just happy to get new blends, and if there is a unique label then that's a bonus!

Now I will have a Bat's Blood bottle that won't match my geeky collection of Dragon's Blood, Black Lotus and Blood bottles. It was hard enough when the RG got their own labels (now my Wolfsbane bottle doesn't match), but seeing the resurrected ones with those new labels was :D

Sorry to rant, since I love the new labels in the LEs but I thought my new Silentium Amoris bottles would be exactly as my old beloved one. At least I can decant the new oil in the old bottle once it's gone, but I don't have a Bat's Blood one to do the same.

Please correct me if I'm mistaken, but I think that last year's resurrected scents came with lovely old labels. :P