Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Nymph87

What do bottles and labels look like?

Oooooh- I love the Chaos Theory ones! It's very Tim Burton-ish (in a good way) and kind reminds me of the Midway label. Very nice.

I usually love Macha's labels, but maybe she was having a bad day or something when she did them for the Salon.

Isn't there a politer way of saying that, or at least explaining what you don't like about them?

The artworks that each Salon scent is based on are featured on the Salon page of the Lab's site.

I took that as irony — mistaking known artworks as being Macha's design, then pretending they weren't up to her usual standard.

A joke, not a slam.

I usually love Macha's labels, but maybe she was having a bad day or something when she did them for the Salon.

Isn't there a politer way of saying that, or at least explaining what you don't like about them?

The artworks that each Salon scent is based on are featured on the Salon page of the Lab's site.

I took that as irony — mistaking known artworks as being Macha's design, then pretending they weren't up to her usual standard.

A joke, not a slam.

*shrug* Maybe a :D, :P , JK or something could have been included, if that's what was intended. Irony and sarcasm don't translate well without vocal inflection and facial expressions, as we all know, even when they're intended in a humorous way. I'm as irreverent as anyone around here, but that just came off as a blunt and inconsiderate comment to me - hence my post.

Gosh, I certainly hope it was meant as humor — I can only hope to be held to the same standard as some of the artists the Lab has featured in the Salon! :P

The Salon Labels each feature the artistic piece that inspired the perfume, of course. And like all art, it won't be everyone's cup of tea, but that's the nature of art, isn't it?

Actually, it was meant as a compliment. I think Rewil got the idea - something like gee, the Mona Lisa isn't up to Macha's usual standards!!

Darned interweb and it's loss of subtlety in a text medium!

:P

I was wondering if anyone had/has a picture of an imp, 5ml, and 10ml all next to each other. As a bpal newbie, I have yet to receive the order containing my first 5mls, and will most likely never see a 10ml (unless I decide to get a 10ml only scent, which I don't see being that likely)... so I'm just curious to see the comparison :P

thanks!

I was wondering if anyone had/has a picture of an imp, 5ml, and 10ml all next to each other. As a bpal newbie, I have yet to receive the order containing my first 5mls, and will most likely never see a 10ml (unless I decide to get a 10ml only scent, which I don't see being that likely)... so I'm just curious to see the comparison :P

thanks!

Here's a pic I just took for ya:

DSC02652.jpg

I'm hoping this is the answer you're looking for!

....I'm hoping this is the answer you're looking for!

...that's awesome, I was wondering the same thing. Thanks from me too! :D

You're both welcome! Now- go buy lots!! :P

I kind of wish that the Mad Tea Party scents had the Tenniel illustrations on them. I would love a label with the Mouse holding his tail and telling his sad story...... :P

How long are art copyrights held after an artist's death? Tenniel died in the early 1900's, didn't he?

See, this is what I was actually asking earlier.

*Which* of the GC have special picture labels?

La Fee Verte is lovely.

The Alice stuff has been renewed by his estate I believe, but I'm not for sure on that.

Stay focused....chat about what you got belongs over in Come Squee with us, not here.

I'm not being a bitch about...just consider it a very gentle reminder. :P

I found this on eBay, during a casual search:

So pretty!

Is this what all LE's used to look like? Or is it just Spooky? Are these the "round corked bottles" that people were talking about at the beginning of this thread? (And therefore, is it the 1/8 ounce?)

Sorry for all the questions, but I've never seen one of those before, and I'm curious!

Edited by columbus jones

Yep, those are the round corked bottles. As far as I know, Spooky was the only LE that came in that kind of bottle - and that was the first round of Spooky, when it was a gift with purchases.

That kind of bottle was used occasionally on GC scents, too. I've had two of them - Lust & Embalming Fluid. (still have the Embalming Fluid - it's like, day-glo now.) The Embalming Fluid came from a store called Eye Spy Ecclectics, which used to carry BPAL - and the Lust came from a forumite.

I *loved* the look of those little bottles - it was one of the things that drew me into BPAL in the first place! :P

I am loving this thread. That corked bottle is very beautiful.

How wonderful it must be to have a large collection with different labels and styles and sizes of bottles, each one representing a special time for the collector.

I've seen Thanatopsis come in a very different bottle as well, it was also a picture I saw on Ebay (though I no longer have the link)-it was a sort of flat, squarish, very decorative clear bottle with a tarted label-I think it had a silver cap?

I love the corked bottle! The Bust magazine blurb on BPAL from 2004(?) had a picture of a few bottles - one of the Tarot oils, I think, and a corked bottle of Cathedral. Oh, and an old-style cobalt bottle of Persephone. I was slightly disappointed when I got my first order that the bottles don't look like that anymore, but the cool labels on LEs and other series more than make up for it.

I saw that Spooky bottle to when it was up and was really impressed! It's got a very old-style feel to it.

And Gift with Purchase?? I didn't know BPAL did such a thing; you guys must have been special :P

It was with orders over $100 or $150, I think...The Lab has done other similar things...last Samhain (or the one before?), they upgraded 5mLs of Samhain to 10mLs if you ordered over a certain amount.

It was with orders over $100 or $150, I think...The Lab has done other similar things...last Samhain (or the one before?), they upgraded 5mLs of Samhain to 10mLs if you ordered over a certain amount.

Ooo.. I must get in on these if the chance arises again! That is such a sweet thing for the lab to do!

Ooo.. I must get in on these if the chance arises again! That is such a sweet thing for the lab to do!

i don't think the lab has done anything like this in quite some time tho'...