Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Nymph87

What do bottles and labels look like?

:P Thanks! I love the EGM label! I can't really tell what is on the Mama Ji though.

Anyone got the Fire Pig?

:P Thanks! I love the EGM label! I can't really tell what is on the Mama Ji though.

Anyone got the Fire Pig?

Here's a close-up of Mama-Ji...

It's a book/journal with a fountain pen, inkwell and I believe a pocket watch?

Edited by thedragoncharmer

Mods - please move this if I'm in the wrong place, and please be assured I have done an extensive search under "labels," "Carnaval Noir," "Price Caps," "bottle differences," "Reviews," and now this topic as well, pouring through hundreds of pages, so please don't whack me with a warning because I truly did try :P

But I can't find what I'm looking for, which is this:

What are the differences in label color and design between the first release of the Carnaval Noir series and the second release? Some of my bottles show that the little skeleton-jester at the top of the label is wearing a white hat, while on others his hat is red. Which was the first original release?

Thanks.

What are the differences in label color and design between the first release of the Carnaval Noir series and the second release? Some of my bottles show that the little skeleton-jester at the top of the label is wearing a white hat, while on others his hat is red. Which was the first original release?

Thanks.

I was looking at my CN (which is the secong series)

Medicine Show has a Blue jester hat

Shill has white

Kunstkammer has either white or cream

House of Mirrors has a light blue hat

Freak Show has a blue hat

Carnival has a red hat

So maybe the colors of the hat mean nothing except I did notice they match the font color on the bottles. ( just a thought ) :D

egm3.jpg

The groundhog is soooo cute!! So glad I bought two bottles. :P

Anyone got the Fire Pig?

Here's a close-up of Mama-Ji...

It's a book/journal with a fountain pen, inkwell and I believe a pocket watch?

I got Mr. Nancy and the label is the same as Mama Ji- except that it says, "Mr. Nancy".

Answer: The color of the Jester's hat was my whim. :P

I'll get to see the Crow Moon and Oborot labels myself tomorrow when I get my package but has anyone posted a Fire Pig yet?...

Answer: The color of the Jester's hat was my whim. :D

Thanks to all chiming in on this. And thanks to Macha, label artist and designer extraordinaire! Great whim! Reminds me of the days looking at album covers for hidden meanings. :P

Okay, so my thought about the colors of the jester hats wasn't correct. Which still leaves me wondering what are the label differences between first and second issues of Carnaval Noir? The lettering seems different on some of the bottles, as well as the letter coloring. Or is the in the borders? Or perhaps no differences at all?

Differences should be pretty minor, I believe. Of course, I wasn't holding up a bottle of the last set to compare with, but I DID reuse the same files, so...mostly any differences would be to accommodate larger or smaller perfume titles (some are real doozies for length.)

I was relatively careful to match letter color and hat shading for the Carnaval Diabolique scents. For Carnaval Noir, the only labels that used the "Snake Oil" label were the Snake Pit — and my decision to use that label with the type of serpent on each was so very last minute (I had told Beth I was going to make a single label, then changed my mind because I wasn't happy with it and ended up doing them all individually) that I honestly didn't pay much attention to the jester's crown.

Except, perhaps, to make sure it lined up with King Cobra's head just so.

Can anyone point me to a picture of this year's Khajuraho, or tell me if the label is the same as last year's? Thanks.

Hello all -- I was wondering if there was a way to tell how old or what "vintage" GC bottles are? I am giving up my miserly BPAL ways and trying to pare down my collection of scents in order to start building a collection of things I really love, and I want to be able to offer accurate descriptions of bottles I have for swap. Any advice?

The what do bottles and labels look like thread can help you.

Particularly useful is this post by Quantum Spice.

That's helping a bit...is there an expected time for BPALs to go "bad"? I am a little confused since I see some people looking for aged scents and other people claiming everything should be used within a year or so of purchase (off the forums, I mean).

Thanks!

It really depends on what you're getting. Patchouli gets a lot better as it ages, but things like citrus should be used sooner.

Seconding the requests for pictures of this year's Lupercalia bottles and wondering what the Faces of the Heroine bottles look like.

I'd even be satisfied with a quick word description if you've seen em but don't have pictures!

I don't have my camera right now but can tell you this much:

- Smut looks alot like last years' except for new black and white images in the background. (I think Tramp posted her pictures of Smut + two Heroines a few pages back in this thread :P)

- The Oblation is a pretty pink in the background, with the name written on a darker pink/magenta section running around the middle

- Luperci has a grey-ish background with a dark green band round the middle with the name on.

...So if you've seen Smut or Red Lantern or any of the other Lupercalias, you'll know that they have a pretty band round the middle, and all of the Lupercalias have this style with a "variation on the theme" - don't know if that makes sense?

The Heroines are really beautiful - they are decorated with drawings and patterns in traditional Hindu style. The font used also has a "Hindu vibe" if you will... I've only seen two of them, and those two were predominantly pink.

I skimmed a bit, but had to stop at skimming since my eyes are tired. Just wondering if anyone knows about what month the GC blends started getting glossy labels?

I was just going through my GC bottles and I realized that my bottle of Black Pearl has a glossy label and it just made me curious about when they started to do that (not that I hadn't noticed they were doing that, I just don't remember when it started at this point).