Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Tramp

Victoria

Graceful vanilla musk, tea rose, and stargazer lily.

This is so pretty. I get mostly tea rose here, and it's soft and pink and not at all soapy. The vanilla musk is just lovely. It gives it a soft vanilla sheen and really keeps the rose from overpowering the scent. I don't get much lily here.

Overall, this is a very soft, pretty, classic perfume that fits Victoria's character very well. It doesn't last very long in me, but it would be worth keeping a rollerball bottle in my purse to reapply throughout the day. Definitely ordering a bottle ASAP.

beautiful lily and rose; clean & fresh, a floral so gorgeous that it nearly makes my heart clench. there is definitely something aquatic here as well which i get up close to the skin, some note that smells like several of my favourite bpal aquatic perfumes, a cool spring rainwater scent that oh, i just love love love. the vanilla musk only makes an appearance as a light, sweet powder wafting in on the throw, and that is really the only thing keeping me from wanting a big bottle. i have so many oils with that same kind of powdery feel already . . . !

really, though, aside from the powder, this one just transcends. achingly beautiful.

I love this perfume. I bought it before knowing the notes in it and I'm surprised it's only three things. The scent is so complex, yet light and aquatic and mouth watering... Mmmmm. Luckily Victoria doesn't go powdery on me as florals often do. It's got a good throw and is pretty long lasting, though I could stand for it to stay throwing strong forever... It's definitely an enchanting blend, it'll cast a spell on you, because I feel quite the same way that undream does about this one! wub2.gif

In bottle: refreshing, bright, slightly powdery lily. Creamy, very beautiful. Lovely, and quite promising!

Wet on skin: light throw, but oh so beautiful. The stargazer lily note is so beautiful *_*!! It's soft and elegant, almost ethereal. So, so beautiful. The tea rose is soft--I don't really get much of it, and there is no overwhelming powder or anything like that. It's definitely floral, but not heady and in your face.

Dry: oh, such LOVE. Stargazer lily, maybe a hint of the powdery tea rose, and beautiful vanilla musk. Absolute love! Light throw, very ladylike and elegant. I felt a little guilty liking Victoria, for all she's annoying, but then I love Yvaine too so hopefully that cancels out? ;)

Verdict: blind unsniffed bottle buy win!! Excellent.

In the vial: Pretty much a rose single note.

On skin, wet: Mainly rose, but the lily starts to come out and threaten to go soapy.

On skin, dry: Soapy rose. Darn lily. :/ No trace of vanilla musk.

After an hour: The soap settles down a little, but not enough because it's still all rose under the soap, with no trace of vanilla musk.

It was far tooo sweet and rosy for me! The lily turns to catpee in a minute and stays that way... Lucky I just got a decant of this and a bottle of Lady Una instead! :)

I had a bottle of this once and forgot to review it, so I managed to acquire one again a few years later. Here goes!

On the skin: A sweet, musky, floral scent. I am mostly smelling the rose and can't seem to pick up much of the stargazer lily. It is very pretty, but just not for me. I am going to stick to L'inverno for my stargazer lily!

Wet.....dill pickle chips. I kid you not. WTF? That fades quickly to a musky floral, but there is still a weird hint of....tanginess. Lol So strange.

I applied again in a different spot - same weird tangy dill note. I don't know what the dry down is like, as it all but disappears. Guess this one isn't for me!

The best tea rose and lily notes have an almost watery quality to them, and that's how this one is! The lily and rose are so light and sweet in this, and the vanilla musk is absolutely the best - gentle and charming, grounding without being heavy or dark (or edible).

When I discovered BPAL Alice was the scent I wore the most of, and I have to admit it reminds me of being a teenager, so I tend not to wear it anymore. But this! This is my grown-up Alice. The foody and creamy sweetness is replaced by the soft vanilla musk, and the florals have transformed too.

All that said, this doesn't feel like an ~adult~ perfume in the sense that it feels heavy. It isn't powdery on me, it's very sweet and almost aquatic and the musk is light. This captures the feeling of grace and purity so well! This captures Victoria's persona and the way she makes other people feel about her, rather than her personality (inoffensively shallow, average young woman!). I wear this to work every day now, or I feel slightly grumpy, like my vibe is off. It makes me feel how I want to be perceived (pretty, but not in a sex-object way - I work with a lot of crude men :/) and feel like Cinderella singing 'Sing, Sweet Nightingale' while doing manual labor.

On me, this is a demure, pink tea rose. It’s not fussy or opulent or soapy. It’s youthful and pretty, and falls somewhere between London and Hope. The lily and vanilla musk come out more as it wears and serve to deepen the rose note. Lily sometimes goes soapy on me, but this one is behaving itself, and something about it mixing with the vanilla musk reminds me of heliotrope. Close up, I get complexity, but the throw is all girly rose. Very nice.

If you want a light weight, pretty rose scent, this is a really good bet!

Light rose, with a little pale musk (not white, thank goodness,) & vanilla. The lily is just barely there for me.

Wet, it's just a little sharp. As it dries, the musk & vanilla come into focus, grounding the scent. Low throw. Not long lasting on me.

Tea rose isn't my best rose, but Victoria is a keeper.

Edited by Teamama

My bottle of this is an old one, so it might differ a bit from a fresh one.

I like Victoria. It's definitely a keeper. It's mostly a vanilla rose, with a bit of musk. The lily doesn't show up til the dry down, and then it just kind of blends with the rose and keeps it mellow.

Overall, it's not a complicated scent, but I think that's part of its charm. Its just plain lovely, a nice floral scent that doesn't feel too over the top.

Got this one as a tester in a swap. :D I'm not a floral person, but I like rose and vanilla musk sounds awesome. So let's do this.

Imp: SHEW FLORAL

Initial Skin : :| Yep so that's floral. All kinds of floral. Powerful floral. I'm realizing "tea rose" is a white scent that amps all over the powderyfloral place and I just can't handle it.

Drydown: I think I can sense the vanilla musk in there. These florals are high notes and powerful. The vanilla musk is acting like a base note gluing them together and making things cohesive and just slightly smooth and sweet.

But SHEW FLORAL.

I like this one! The tea rose goes slightly soapy, but doesn't overpower the Lab's lovely vanilla musk note. The lily is so good, but a bit faint and I wish I got more of it (I love me some heady lily, though I've heard it's hard to capture in perfume). Although the rose is a tad soapy, it's light and not at all matronly.

Not sure of the age on this decant, but I can tell that it has been aged.

Tea rose is the dominant note in Victoria, backed by some lily and warm vanilla musk. I don't think it's the same kind of vanilla musk found in Ava; this vanilla musk is more like a golden vanilla musk.

I think this is nice, but I know I would never reach for this over other rose scents in my collection (I think I'd enjoy this more if it had a different rose note). But I am really glad to have gotten to properly test this after just getting to sniff it at Denver Comic Con in 2015. :) 

Note: decanted AUG17

Wet: Lily out in front.

Dry: The rose comes in gently at first before it all turns in to a very delicate and expensive soap.

#BPALphabetAUG20

Edited by DigitalCoyote

Oh I looove this! Delicate dew-covered white rose and lilies with a beautiful natural sweetness. Like flowers, fresh air and rain. 🥰 I need a bottle, I’ve been looking for something like this! It isn’t strong at all, and fades fast but I can’t be sure of the age of my imp. At any rate it’s so beautiful I’d be happy to hit the bottle multiple times to keep it going! 

Edited by LadyLuckless

I recently ordered some decants of the Stardust scents I hadn't tried yet, and Victoria almost didn't make the cut, as lily is one of my death notes. I'm so glad I decided to say screw it and order the lot, because Victoria turned out to be my favorite of all.

As I mentioned, lily almost never works on me, but apparently the stargazer variety does. There is nothing sour or sharp about the florals here. They're slightly sweet, clean, and a little soapy, but in a good way -- like I just showered and took a stroll through an English garden. Vanilla musk is the perfect companion to these flowers, lending some extra sweetness.

Seriously one of the prettiest perfumes I've had the pleasure of smelling, a full bottle has happily been added to my collection. Top ten worthy, for sure.