Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Tramp

Victoria

Graceful vanilla musk, tea rose, and stargazer lily.

Roses, roses and more roses, with a hint of lily hanging around the back door but afraid to come any further in because the roses would stomp all over it with their big, stompy boots. :P Nope, this one definitely won't work on me.

I don't get any vanilla musk at all (pity, as I was really looking forward to that), or any discernable lily. On me, Victoria is a demure tea rose. This is rather amazing, because rose usually doesn't behave at all on my skin (it either goes to dryer sheet or it amps to screaming levels), so the other notes must be keeping it in check somehow. It's young and old fashioned and terribly pretty and the absolute essence of the character...but it's also completely, totally Not Me.

In the imp, Victoria is a strong floral scent.

On my skin, she blossoms into a strong tea rose. I can't really pick out the lily separately so it's either not there or is blending really well with the rose. Later on, the rose is softened by the vanilla musk, which adds a nice creaminess to the edges.

Verdict: Rose haters beware. Victoria is pretty much all tea rose. This blend is nice but not something that really wows me. I enjoy rose, but I think I prefer it with spice rather than sweetness.

In the imp: a very light, softly pink rose scent with a hint of lily.

On me, wet: wet pink roses and lots of lily. Unfortunately, the lily appears to be turning plasticky on me.

On me, dry: faint pink powdery tea rose, and the lilies have backed off. Can't smell that vanilla musk, though.

Verdict: It reminds me a lot of Moon Rose, actually, that pinkness and very pretty girliness - but as with that one, it's a bit faint for me to keep around. Ah well.

This is the one I was most looking forward to trying out of all the Stardust scents. Based on the notes, I thought it might smell a bit like Beatrice, which is my all-time favorite floral scent. And it does, a bit. The lily is stronger in this one, but that's okay with me because I like lily.

Usually floral and vanilla combinations are the best kinds of florals for me, and this one is exactly the type of floral I like. When it's dry the rose comes out a lot stronger, but it's not at all a powdery or artificial-smelling rose, it smells beautiful and elegant. Very pretty. I like this one. Soft, slightly musky, and feminine. (Still like Beatrice better, though. :P)

Both rose and lily normally go to pure soap on me, but I was curious about tha vanilla musk.

Wet it smells like a light, slightly sharp floral that quickly morphs into a fresh but soft floral. Much later the musky vanilla comes into play making it small like white petals on sweet glistening skin.

Roses and flowers through and through. No vanilla at all. It sounded really nice, but one day I'll have to learn my lesson that I really just don't like floral blends. Oh well.

I mainly get tea rose from this which makes it a delightfully old-fashioned fragrance. That is when it’s wet. It’s a very gentle sort of scent and wonderfully done as it could easily become a horrid, cloying ‘old lady’ scent (no offence meant to old ladies!). A very refined old world floral with quite a bit of staying power. Half an hour later the vanilla musk emerged beautifully!

I amazed that this one worked as well as it did on me. Tea rose is one of those notes that my body turns horribly acidic, but in this blend it stys true to its scent. I bet that it's the vanilla musk balancing it out. The lily adds an extra touch of sweetness to this, which I enjoy very much. As it continues to dry on my skin there is a powdery aspect of this that comes forth, but it surely does not turn to baby powder. It's more of a powdery lace type of scent, if that makes sense. (actually, this is similar to Antique Lace on me in some ways...but much more floral, obviously!)

I do enjoy this one, but it's not quite 'me' enough to warrant a bottle. However if I manage to finish my imp, I'll have to reconsider that! :P

Victoria

In the imp: a crisp, sharp tea rose. Almost like the Peacock Queen.

Wet on skin: oh, now the gorgeous vanilla musk comes out! This is going all Hope-like now.

Dry on skin: this is gorgeous! Now I smell lily in there, but it's not a soapy lily, or too sharp. This is a delicate white lily and rose fragrance softened by an exquisite vanilla musk. Yes, it does remind me of Hope, but it also reminds me of something else…maybe Kindly Moon, or Peitho, because of the lily? Or Et Lux Fuit, because of the vanilla musk? Maybe Dolce Stil Nuovo? Yes, probably Dolce, without the lavender. There's also something here almost reminiscent of honey, or honeycomb/beeswax. The musk is ethereal and airy.

After a while: this is a very pleasant floral white musk now. This is what I hoped to get from Dolce, but that turned to brine on me (such a heartbreak). This has a fresh saltiness but it's not brine…this is more like a sea breeze blowing over roses and lilies. That's what I hoped to get from those aquatics. It's not as sweet now, but it smells fresh and sophisticated but also youthful and carefree.

The slightly salty phase does eventually back down and it becomes a crisp floral, roses and lilies, with that fresh white musk. I also smell the vanilla now, it's like powdered white sugar over roses, so pretty.

The scent soon turns into a gorgeous mix of Hope's rose and Kindly Moon's floral musk, only this time with a less complicated floral aspect. I have no idea why I smell something almost honeyed which gets stronger over time, but I like it.

A honeyed vanilla rose, like a lighter version of Lady Luck Blues, is what I get at the end.

Verdict: this is such a pretty rose scent! Definitely related to Hope, only not as sugary, this one is more mature, reserved and delicate, not so much sugared as subtly sweet. The stargazer lily is just right in here-not soapy, this lily is pale and demure, and mixes nicely with the crisp, youthful rose. The vanilla musk is fresher and not as sweet as expected-at times it turns a little salty, but it is lovely. I'm reminded of the lily and musk in Kindly Moon. This is a light, feminine and gentle scent, airy and dainty but also grown up. There's even a little hint of honey at the end. This is the sort of scent I was hoping to get in Dolce Stil Nuovo…it reminds me of that scent, but this one is nicer. I might want to get a bottle one day but not yet. I'll keep my decant, but I'm definitely buying some for my friend, whose name is Victoria! That'll be her pathway to enablement…

Emoticon rating: :P

Is it a keeper? yes, the imp. Maybe I'll get more…

If you like this, try: Hope, Kindly Moon, London, Dolce Stil Nuovo, Bearded Lady, Berenice, Lady Luck Blues

This is a very delicate tea rose, slightly sweet and with a whiff of lily.

Light, feminine and gentle. It does make me think it is a fitting portrayal of Victoria. A beautiful girl that you should be in love with.

In my case, I'm not a huge rose fan :P but this is very pretty.

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! I knew I would love this when I saw the notes, which reminded me a lot of Bearded Lady (one of the very few floral scents that works on me), and I do indeed! Florals usually hate me, but stargazer lily stays true, as does tea rose (usually), and together, these notes smell fresh and sweet and pure and young (but not too young). The vanilla musk is extremely subtle, and is more of an underlay to the composition than a co-equal note.

This scent is a bit powdery (as you can probably tell by the notes!) but not dusty. It's THE perfect scent for someone who doesn't like more "non-traditional" BPALs.

Beth, please make more stargazer lily scents!! :P

Edited by joseybird

In the bottle - ROSE! I smell a sweet rose, tempered with something vaguely vanilla.

Wet on skin - More complex rose. The vanilla musk is more apparent, though.

Dry on skin - The rose is still the dominant note, but the vanilla musk is much more obvious, especially if I sniff my wrist up close. I also smell something else floral, but it's hidden in the background.

Verdict - I love this! It's definitely a rose scent, but it's sophisticated and smells close to edible once it's dry on the skin.

Edited by The Caity Cat

This is a very *smooth* rose and lily on me... Has those *Loony* earmarks!! I can't help but love it! :P

when I first put this on all I got was rose from it. I was thinking "well, I like two, five, seven better for straight rose. oh well!" Now that it's dried down a bit, the lily has softened the rose a bit and added a touch of sweetness to it. I'll have to keep sniffing this to see if it's a keeper or not, but it's certainly not washing off necessary.

In the bottle: Slightly soapy rose and lily.

Wet: Still clean, but not soapy. Very light. Rose and lily still present, along with a mild, yummy sweet scent - maybe the vanilla musk? I just slathered more on and I can still barely smell it, though it's not weak in the bottle.

Dry: Strengthening as it dries - very odd! The rose is definitely amping. It's not the freshest rose I've smelled, but it's not incense-y, which is really the only type of rose I can't handle.

Summary: The mingling of the rose and lily with the sweet, delicate musk is lovely, clean and feminine. Bottle buy, even though this is a slatherer. Low throw, but average lasting power.

Phooey. I was hoping this would be dominantly Vanilla Musk, but I don't detect much of it here. This is still a very pretty scent with the soft rose, gentle lily and that sweet though faint vanilla musk in the backround.

This smells the same in the bottle wet as it does dry on my skin.

Mostly tea rose. Maybe a TEENY bit of vanilla musk and lily, but predominately ROSE ROSE ROSE.

The first thing I smell is tea rose. Next it’s the vanilla musk. It’s the same as from Lucretia. This is quite a beautiful scent, soft and pretty. I don’t really smell the stargazer lily at all. The vanilla musk remains strong and a good counterbalance for the rose.

I typically don’t care for tea rose at all but in this scent it’s so pretty.

the rose is most prominent, its quality is most like peacock queen--all the brightness but less waxy. there is also a pretty nice vanilla element in here, it's kinda like the vanilla in Hope but it is not as heavily sugared and plasticized. if the lily is in here, it is contributing to the soft sweetness. oh goodness, i love this one! i tend to get all of the bpal rose scents, so i have a glut right now but when i get some disposable fundage, i am definitly going to buy a bottle of this!!

In the vial: Rose rose rose! Uh-oh.

On: Same as in the vial and it keeps getting stronger. None of the other notes ever come through.

Verdict: Into the swap pile.

Oh, this is heavenly. Upon first whiff it smells dainty and delicate, but it grows on my skin and becomes delightfully womanly, sexy without being too pompous or assuming. A wonderfully feminine scent that really captures the different aspects of a woman. This certainly captures the character from which it takes its name!

I smell mostly the lily, with softer notes of rose in the background and just a hint of vanilla.

Imp: A soft pink rose with a very teensy whisper of lily. I'm not picking up on any of the vanilla musk.

Wet: Rose! Pure, pink rose. Pink roses, like white roses, are mercurial on my skin and the scent can't decide if it wants to go sweet or sour.

Dry: I can get the faintest huff of spicy vanilla in the background. The rose sweetens and dominates, and I can smell a whisper of the lily. Very graceful and well blended--very well suited for the character of Victoria.

Throw: Minimal.

Overall: A perfect scent for the character. It's very graceful and feminine and understated. Nice for the office or for any place where you just want to project a classic, feminine air.

In vial: pale, musky floral.

Wet on skin: gorgeous, sweet floral with musk. I usually dislike straight up florals but the vanilla musk completely saves this one. It's a sweeter version of The Body Shop's White Musk, which was my signature scent for years (so much so that I can no longer smell it). Not much throw.

Dry on skin: very pretty and feminine - white musk, vanilla, rose and lily. I like this and I'm regretting that my decant is only a half-imp! However, this ends up rather too much like old-fashioned bath salts for my taste.