Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Vanilla

Lush to BPAL scent comparisons (BNever included too)

I realize this is probably very old news, but I was showering with Honey I Washed the Kids yesterday and I realized that it smelled exactly like the sugary vanilla in Dorian. It lacks Dorian's tea and musk, but it's really remarkably close. Which is good, because I used up my bar of Dorian soap ages ago and haven't ordered more yet.

Now if only I could find a BPAL blend that smells like Rock Star. I've resorted to layering, but it's never quite the same.

My summer SW sent me some HIWTK soap and a BPAL Imp of Cockaigne and the two are perfect together. :P

Is "Carnival Diabolique" the "Carnival" that is referred to as being a good compliment to Potion from Lush?

Hi. If you've read this far....please add a comment. I'm dying for a BPAL with a similar fragrance to Lush's Tramp shower gel. It's patchouli and melissa and herbally to-die-for goodness. I need BPAL to finish me off once I'm out of the shower though.Up until now I was frightened of Patchouli....but now I need some.From the reviews of scents with patchouli listed I think Mr Jacquel might work nicely...but I'd love to hear from more experienced BPALers. Please?Thanks so much! Christine

I don't tend to dig patchouli and so Tramp is a big nix for me, and I love Mr. Jacquel. i don't smell any of the patchouli in it.

Edited by sparkybish

Um, so I tried Lush's B Never Cocktail guest soap, and I am obsessed!! It is soooooo gorgeous, it smells so awesome....and it's a holiday-07 limited edition soap..... :D

I have two questions for anyone who cares...

1. Has anyone else tried this? And, more importantly,

2. Is there a BPAL blend that smells like Cocktail?

I would just spring for a bottle of the B Never Cocktail perfume, but not only is it like $100, it's not BPAL and I've suddenly become a bit monogamous....and did I mention that it's a hundred freakin dollars??

Here are the essential oils in the perfume (although "perfume" is also an ingredient, and is therefore a mystery to me):

Lavender, Bergamot, Jasmine, Rose, Sandalwood, Ylang Ylang.

Any suggestions will lead to money for Beth-n-friends! Please share your secrets! :P :D

I've looked through this entire thread and haven't seen a mention of the discontinued Lush soap Waylander Rhassoul--

is there a BPAL oil which smells like this?

This has been a great thread-- I love Butterball and American Cream smells and it's nice to know Morocco, Love and Pain, Regan and Antique lace might work, as mentioned in earlier threads, but if someone has other BPAL suggestions to these Lush scents that would be ace!

Just got my grubby mitts on a sample of Jacob's Ladder this weekend - on first test it is reminding me a lot of B Never Too Busy to Be Beautiful (Lush's sister company) 's perfume 1000 kisses deep.. in my book this is a VERY GOOD THING
Oh my gosh! I MUST get my hands on this then!I think 1000 kisses Deep is one of the nicest smells EVER!
They have disconned Alkmaar and 17th Cherry Tree Lane now. Can anyone help me cope with the loss?
If you can't live without Alkmaar you can always use Turbo Bubble or FAIRY jasmine.They smell the same!Also 17 Cherry Tree lane is supposed to smell the same as Skin Sin body Lotion...give that a try!But if you're looking for a BPAL that is similar I'm not sure.Sowwwwy!

Um, so I tried Lush's B Never Cocktail guest soap, and I am obsessed!! It is soooooo gorgeous, it smells so awesome....and it's a holiday-07 limited edition soap..... :P

Well you can always still buy it from the B Never site, but the shipping is outrageous apparently :D

If you can't live without Alkmaar you can always use Turbo Bubble or FAIRY jasmine.They smell the same!Also 17 Cherry Tree lane is supposed to smell the same as Skin Sin body Lotion...give that a try!

Turbo Bubbles was disconned a while ago and not that easy to find these days methinks *sobs* I love it so much. I think Silky Underwear also has the same scent. To me 17 Cherry Tree Lane doesn't smell like Skin Sin at all which is a good thing for me as I can't stand the scent of the soap! Skin Sin is now a discon though. Anyhoo, Sakura is supposed to have the exact same scent and that's still available everywhere :D

This has been a great thread-- I love Butterball and American Cream smells and it's nice to know Morocco, Love and Pain, Regan and Antique lace might work, as mentioned in earlier threads, but if someone has other BPAL suggestions to these Lush scents that would be ace!

I thought I mentioned this here but it must have been in the main Lush thread. I finally bought American Cream a few weeks ago and to me it smells almost exactly like Black Opal. So much so that I decided to wear Black Opal with it, hunted high and low for my new imp and couldn't find it, scraped the last tiny droplet out of my empty imp, and finally ended up ordering a 5ml I'd been planning to get.

Um, so I tried Lush's B Never Cocktail guest soap, and I am obsessed!! It is soooooo gorgeous, it smells so awesome....and it's a holiday-07 limited edition soap..... :)

I have two questions for anyone who cares...

1. Has anyone else tried this? And, more importantly,

2. Is there a BPAL blend that smells like Cocktail?

I would just spring for a bottle of the B Never Cocktail perfume, but not only is it like $100, it's not BPAL and I've suddenly become a bit monogamous....and did I mention that it's a hundred freakin dollars??

Here are the essential oils in the perfume (although "perfume" is also an ingredient, and is therefore a mystery to me):

Lavender, Bergamot, Jasmine, Rose, Sandalwood, Ylang Ylang.

Any suggestions will lead to money for Beth-n-friends! Please share your secrets! :P :D

I totally :D the Cocktail soap! I really want to stock up before it's all gone. As for a BPAL scent that is similar, I have no clue, but I'll be checking back often to see if anyone knows of one.

Is "Carnival Diabolique" the "Carnival" that is referred to as being a good compliment to Potion from Lush?

They are different scents... Carnivale was a GC scent that was discontinued in October 2004. But when the Carnaval Noir series debuted in June of 2005, it was resurrected as an LE with that series, so there are probably more bottles of it floating around than many of the other scents that were discontinued in that "fell swoop" of 10/04.

Carnivale is "sweet wild berry, spicy carnation and heliotrope layered over deep amber and musk."

I thought I mentioned this here but it must have been in the main Lush thread. I finally bought American Cream a few weeks ago and to me it smells almost exactly like Black Opal. So much so that I decided to wear Black Opal with it, hunted high and low for my new imp and couldn't find it, scraped the last tiny droplet out of my empty imp, and finally ended up ordering a 5ml I'd been planning to get.

I was reading the description for Black Opal and thought it might be a good companion/match. Thanks for the suggestion. I'm going to have to add that one to my list of imps to try!

I totally :P the Cocktail soap! I really want to stock up before it's all gone. As for a BPAL scent that is similar, I have no clue, but I'll be checking back often to see if anyone knows of one.

So I am wearing BPAL's Juliet today, and it is striking me as very similar to the Cocktail soap. I have no freakin clue why, as it seems that none of the notes are the same. Juliet is "Sweet pea with stargazer lily, calla lily, heliotrope, honeysuckle, white musk and a touch of fresh pear." I never even considered trying it because it sounded like it would be too sharp or too fresh smelling, and I'm not a huge fruit fan (or so I claim....)

I caught a whiff of Juliet at a recent Meet & Sniff, and scooped up an imp because it reminded me a lot of Sleepy Moon, which is my favorite BPAL (and the Cocktail soap smells kind of like Sleepy Moon which is why I scooped it up in the first place). After putting Juliet on my skin today, I realized that it also reminds me strongly of the B Never (Lush) Cocktail guest soap. Why? How? I don't know. It doesn't even have ylang ylang in it!

All I can say for sure is, Juliet has a striking similarity to Sleepy Moon and Cocktail to my nose. Should I blame chemistry? My nose? Whatever the case, I'm taken and need two bottles soon.

Does anyone agree with this assessment? And if so, what would you layer with Juliet to make it even more similar to Cocktail? (I'm copying this reply in the 'limited edition = general catalogue thread' for Juliet's Sleepy Moon simiarity)

If you can't live without Alkmaar you can always use Turbo Bubble or FAIRY jasmine.They smell the same!Also 17 Cherry Tree lane is supposed to smell the same as Skin Sin body Lotion...give that a try!

Turbo Bubbles was disconned a while ago and not that easy to find these days methinks *sobs* I love it so much. I think Silky Underwear also has the same scent. To me 17 Cherry Tree Lane doesn't smell like Skin Sin at all which is a good thing for me as I can't stand the scent of the soap! Skin Sin is now a discon though. Anyhoo, Sakura is supposed to have the exact same scent and that's still available everywhere :P

Sorry for the late answer...

I guess I can use Silky Underwear but hardly ever use dusting powder and can not use any bath products. (Our flat does not have a bath tub but I guess that saves me a lot of money, if I would go buying Lush bath stuff on top of everything else I would be permanently broke.)

This year with Lush has been frustrating, they disconned 80% of the stuff I like. More money for BPAL, at least the Lab does not break my heart all the time :D

I recently fell head over heels in love with the scent of Big shampoo. Does anyone know what BPAL may smell similar? I know there is one because Big smells so familiar. I've tried so many BPAL scents that I can't seem to pull which ones match from my scent memory. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Aged White Light smells great with it, but it's not what I'm looking for.

*feels like a n00b* :P

I recently fell head over heels in love with the scent of Big shampoo. Does anyone know what BPAL may smell similar?

I love it too! Such a weird addictive scent, must sniff my pot now!

Getting orris and vanilla, mostly. Lots of people say it is a citrus smell but I never get any of the neroli and mandarin that is supposed to be in there.

Any suggestions?

That's so weird to me because I use BIG every day and I've never noticed a smell from it. I thought it was unscented! Weird.

Anyone know of any BPAL that smells like, or would compliment Lush's Christmas Kisses?

Christmas Kisses is just cinnamon, right? Good taste btw, I love Christmas Kisses. I think Shub would go well if you want to go spicy. I got Gingerbread Poppet in the mail today, and I only tried it once so far but it is spicy as well. Also, Morocco. :P

I was a huge fan of the Ginger range from Lush and I was heart broken when it was discontinued.

Has anyone come across anything that they think smells similar? The same? I'm willing to try anything!

Thank you in advance.

There's a whole thread devoted to BPAL/Lush similarities. I'll find it and edit this post with a link. :P

Here ya go!

Edited by Dymphna

There's a whole thread devoted to BPAL/Lush similarities. I'll find it and edit this post with a link. :D

I'm so sorry!

Thanks. :P

I'm finding the violet notes in Bathos (lush) to work well with Saturnalia (now that my sniffer isn't entirely broken & is starting to work again LOL).

I was wondering about this, myself. But I'm also tending to start simply mixing my scents by "theme". I think I'll do the Eggnog with Lush's spicy Christmas scents (Christmas Kisses, Bob, Pud, etc.); Jolasveinar can do double duty as a "cold" scent AND a "foody/spicy" scent. Also has an earthy tang to it that I just love :P Like I said; what I can pick up so far, anyway. Can't wait til my nose is fully functional again!

One of the truest BPAL/Lush matches on me is Sitting Up With a Sick Friend and Hollywood. Every time I wear Sitting Up I am thrilled all over again to find that gorgeous Hollywood glamour in perfume form. :P

One of the truest BPAL/Lush matches on me is Sitting Up With a Sick Friend and Hollywood. Every time I wear Sitting Up I am thrilled all over again to find that gorgeous Hollywood glamour in perfume form. :P

That is so interesting! Hollywood and Fever have the same (I'm pretty sure) scent and on my skin chemistry Baghdad comes very close to Fever.

Maybe it's just my chemistry, but...a dab of Saturnalia over Archangel Winter smells - on me - exactly like Lush's Ghost/Lily Savon :P Beautiful.

I was a huge fan of the Ginger range from Lush and I was heart broken when it was discontinued. Has anyone come across anything that they think smells similar? The same? I'm willing to try anything! Thank you in advance.
Try Gingerbread Poppet 2007!! Edited by ivyandpeony
fixed quotes and bolding